PDA

View Full Version : Moderation

Flyerr221
24-03-2012, 07:44 AM
Our new home is great, but it seems to have opened the door to spammers. Not sure how to make it harder (one other forum I belong too will not allow a hotmail or gmail, ymail etc account to join with). but these jerks are spoiling the joint.

Surely having more that one mod (aus99 is sole mod) is at least a solution to deleting spam quickly. The longer their spam stays in our forums, the better for them. If we appoint more mods (who might have powers limited to deletion or moving for example) these toads can be nipped in the bud quickly. If their posts are deleted immediately, they might decide to spend their time elsewhere.

Most forums have up to 5 mods.

#justsaying

Littlewonder
24-03-2012, 08:33 AM
Have to agree that this new forum seems to be targetted more than the old one, something needs to be done as it is spoiling the forum and needs to be stopped.

I dont know that limiting the use of emails like hotmail is a good idea surely there is another way of controlling spamming.

aussiegaigin
24-03-2012, 10:05 AM
Manual acceptance of new memberships, or manual moderation of new posts, quickly gets rid of this problem, which is probably automated.

Jj999
24-03-2012, 02:01 PM
Verification using numbers.

And you can put weird question such as "who is the PM of Australia?"
That would help.

One online site I have an account at, ask that question, and they're doing fine.