PDA

View Full Version : General talk Introducing avatar

Sextus
27-10-2012, 01:27 AM
I'd just like to introduce the avatar I have chosen. It is a painting by Frederic Leighton (1858) called "The Fisherman and the Syren."

It depicts a fisherman being lured helplessly to his ruin by a gorgeous Syren (or Siren). In his case her inescapable allure led to his doom. In our cases we hear that Syren call just as strongly, we can't escape it, but it is more our financials that suffer!

cisco
27-10-2012, 06:10 AM
And then ?

Booster
27-10-2012, 07:11 AM
/csh ...

AHLUNGOR
27-10-2012, 08:14 AM
I'd just like to introduce the avatar I have chosen. It is a painting by Frederic Leighton (1858) called "The Fisherman and the Syren."

It depicts a fisherman being lured helplessly to his ruin by a gorgeous Syren (or Siren). In his case her inescapable allure led to his doom. In our cases we hear that Syren call just as strongly, we can't escape it, but it is more our financials that suffer!

Hi brother Sextus,

Welcome to the forum, nice piece of Art works. Thanks for sharing.

Do you like Norman Lindsay ?? His works and views on women was very much my type..........haha

http://www.etchinghouse.com.au/images/175.jpg

AHLUNGOR
27-10-2012, 08:18 AM

And talking about Syren or Siren, who can forget our own Elle ??

http://i2.listal.com/image/1912027/936full-sirens-screenshot.jpg

Sextus
27-10-2012, 11:39 AM
Yes, I always wanted to go to one, or all, of Norman Lindsay's Saturday night parties! The movie "Sirens" from which that pic is has lots of delicious celebrity nudity in it.

DeepImpact
27-10-2012, 05:34 PM
Thanks for explaining it. When I have been to art galleries I always like to read what the painting is supposed to represent and the story the artist is trying to convey, then I can appreciate it more.