PDA

View Full Version : General talk State of Origin, it's a numbers game, QLD to win the series 2-1 and 8 in a row !

AHLUNGOR
28-05-2013, 12:59 PM
While there may be some last minutes changes on the two sides, the teams that were named have very little surprises!

Let's face it, the contests had been fairly tight every year but the big name players from QLD just seems to be able to close out or hold on to win the big games, that's all.

I don't think the Blues can win this as a general team, the team itself is not that far behind the Maroons anyway, it will always come down to some individual brilliants.

If we look at the team selected and corresponse that with their respective Club and the points each Club has on the NRL ladder, the QLD side clearly has an advantage.

This is how I see it, if you give each players from the Bunnys 18 points and 17 points to each Storm players and Eels players gets 6 points and same with the Tigers. The QLD team has a total of 215 points and the Blues 196 points. This means the QLD players on average are playing for better performing NRL Clubs.

Furthermore, the QLD team has 6 players from the top 4 teams while the NSW only has 5. And most significantly, the QLD side has NO players from the bottom 4 teams and NSW has 4 in Hayne (1), Morris (5), Farah (9) and Merrin (16), especially on 1 and 9, two of the key position on the "Spine", they are both great players but their team keep getting bashed week in week out is not gonna help their confidence.

And then you look at the 1 and 9 from QLD, enough said.

Go Queenslanders !!

Just my 7 and soon to be 8 cents

Cheers

:shout::shout::shout::shout::shout::shout::shout:

:shout:

Sextus
28-05-2013, 01:14 PM
Year in year out, the Qld forwards hold their own or have an edge on nsw's.

Then the magic of Qld's 9, 7, 6 and 1 engineers the victory.

Those player numbers above are amongst the greatest players ever to play the game. As a nsw supporter I take a lot from just from watching their talent. The Thurston and Lockyer halves combination was the best I've ever seen. Cronk isn't the immortal that Lockyer will be, but he is still right up there! Then you have to add Inglis, Smith and Slater to the combination! Sorry guys, but heart isn't enough when you are against heart and game breaking TALENT.

AHLUNGOR
28-05-2013, 01:29 PM
Well, there could be some twist yet in this year's line up:

JT may break camp to be with his wife for the birth of his first child, which is very important. So they may have Cherry-Evans in the halfs with Cronks and that should give the Blues an edge in the half since Maloney and Pearce play together at the Rooster and they are going so well.

Anyway, time will tell.

May the best team win

Cheers

:cool2:

vicky
28-05-2013, 05:05 PM
just my 2 cents here but i think if thurston doesnt play nsw has a chance.
fifita is in form, ferguson in form ..

honestly we all know we dont need hayne plane there (sorry parra fans).. put in merrit.
drop pearce for adam reynolds

souths are doing excellent this season

with kurt gidley ruled out aswell with an injury they should slot tim grant back into the side.
but no decision as of yet..

vicky
28-05-2013, 05:06 PM
also the two home games will be a decider aswell i reckon.. as usually it is 1 in brissy 1 in syd and 1 in melb (mini qld)

Punter Poontang
28-05-2013, 06:05 PM
honestly we all know we dont need hayne plane there (sorry parra fans).. put in merrit.

No need to apologise, us Parra fans know better than anyone that Hayne's still dining out on the back end of 2009.

AHLUNGOR
29-05-2013, 12:30 AM
just my 2 cents here but i think if thurston doesnt play nsw has a chance.
fifita is in form, ferguson in form ..

drop pearce for adam reynolds

souths are doing excellent this season

with kurt gidley ruled out aswell with an injury they should slot tim grant back into the side.
but no decision as of yet..

I think John Sutton will replace Gidley, that's an inform 106 kg 18 points top of the table club player for a not so fit and out of form player, I think NSW's chance has just improved and now both sides have six players from the top 4 clubs !

I hope QLD will have a better price now, will be great if the media helps to talk up NSW and becomes favourite !!

Cheers

IExperiment
29-05-2013, 02:09 AM
I think John Sutton will replace Gidley, that's an inform 106 kg 18 points top of the table club player for a not so fit and out of form player, I think NSW's chance has just improved and now both sides have six players from the top 4 clubs !

I hope QLD will have a better price now, will be great if the media helps to talk up NSW and becomes favourite !!

Cheers

You cant win all the time the problem from NSW is they are all selfish players this past few years and Queensland always play like they are brothers in arms. We all remember when Wally lewis era he still get beaten in some years cause those were the days when NSW play like brothers in arms as well, thats why there was more fight in those days. Qeensland had the dream team those days and still got beaten some years.

AHLUNGOR
29-05-2013, 05:21 AM
You cant win all the time the problem from NSW is they are all selfish players this past few years and Queensland always play like they are brothers in arms. We all remember when Wally lewis era he still get beaten in some years cause those were the days when NSW play like brothers in arms as well, thats why there was more fight in those days. Qeensland had the dream team those days and still got beaten some years.

I still remember in 95 when Fatty was the coach and his team of no body won the series 3-0! That was the Queensland spirits !

Punter Poontang
29-05-2013, 11:48 PM
I still remember in 95 when Fatty was the coach and his team of no body won the series 3-0! That was the Queensland spirits !

Remember when the Queensland selectors picked Ben Ikin, and Fatty as the Queensland coach responded "Ben Who???". :shout:

IExperiment
30-05-2013, 01:37 AM

Did they lost the year after ??? and it was 3-0 the other way ???

AHLUNGOR
05-06-2013, 03:27 PM
The team is final and JT is playing, Queensland 1-12, or by 8 points, G.I. to score the first try, if QLD can't win, a draw will be just as good as we are the current title holder, we get to retain the shield if there is a draw today followed by 1-1.

The average age of the Maroons are two years older than the Blues but there are 225 games in the team vs 104 from the Blues, I think in the end, the quality and class of the QLD/Australian Spines will prevail.

Go Queenslanders !!

:shout::shout::shout::shout::shout::shout::shout:: shout:

Sextus
05-06-2013, 09:22 PM
Want the absolute pick of the line up?

Go to a shop anytime over the next two hours!

wilisno
05-06-2013, 09:25 PM
The Blues got the first 6 points ! Up the mighty Blues !

Sextus
05-06-2013, 09:38 PM
Shop girls, time to catch up on all your gossip!

19 Pritchard Place
05-06-2013, 09:39 PM
Carn The Blues !!!!!!! :smile:

wilisno
05-06-2013, 11:06 PM
NSW : 1

Queensland : 0

Haha !

jimmyk
05-06-2013, 11:08 PM
Great game. Huge one 2 hit by the captain on nate myles

IamSam
05-06-2013, 11:15 PM
Great game. Huge one 2 hit by the captain on nate myles

Take that where the sun don't shine QLD!!

Nate needs to learn how to fight or at least keep his hands up!!

But I must admit he knows how to eat a fist or 2 hahahahahaha!!!

:shout::shout::shout::shout::shout::shout:

AHLUNGOR
05-06-2013, 11:53 PM
The Blues play well tonight, 14-0 half time won it for them. They were the better team tonight and deserved to win!

Queensland as usual had a late surge but left the run too late and wasn't good enough.

JT was not 100% and probably shouldn't play and should have let DCE have a go. G.I. was very quiet except that final pass for the try. They will all lift at Suncorp, no question about that.

The question will be, can the Blues play with the same intensity two games in a row or they will be thinking game three already.

QLD can still win 2-1

Just my two cents

Cheers

IExperiment
06-06-2013, 12:35 AM
The Blues play well tonight, 14-0 half time won it for them. They were the better team tonight and deserved to win!

Queensland as usual had a late surge but left the run too late and wasn't good enough.

JT was not 100% and probably shouldn't play and should have let DCE have a go. G.I. was very quiet except that final pass for the try. They will all lift at Suncorp, no question about that.

The question will be, can the Blues play with the same intensity two games in a row or they will be thinking game three already.

QLD can still win 2-1

Just my two cents

Cheers

You cant win all the time. Who ever win the first game ussually win the series. So this year Moron I mean Maroon will loose :)

AHLUNGOR
06-06-2013, 12:41 AM
You cant win all the time. Who ever win the first game ussually win the series. So this year Moron I mean Maroon will loose :)

Lets hope we'll have a decider !

IExperiment
06-06-2013, 12:47 AM
Lets hope we'll have a decider !

Lets hope not go in for the kill never let your adversary get up :) if the Blues win second game they will loose the last game, unless they play with their heart but I doubt they will.

AHLUNGOR
06-06-2013, 10:58 AM
At this level , the two sides are usually very close! Blues won because they played like a better side in the first half and Haynes and Jennings were able to score because their forwards got them close to the line and their individual talents and strength got them over.

QLD was coming back in the second half but I think they were just a little off. The Cameron Smith no try was very close and it wasn't even the last tackle, he was just a few inches short! If he scored that its a two point ball game!

And there was another move towards the left where Darius Boyd was taken out to touch, but the pass to him was just a touch off so he couldn't hit that at speed.

If the Maroons were on songs, they would have scored those tries !

Can't wait for Suncorp !

Travelmate
06-06-2013, 11:22 AM
I have a different view:

NSW will win first 2 games, do not care the third game.

Only "RESULT" jusity success.

Bet Confirmation - TSA6589140310W - Mobile Time of bet: 05/06/2013 20:12:44

Selections

No.
Selections
Event
Event Date
E/W Terms
Odds
Result

New South Wales
New South Wales v Queensland
(Money Line (Incl. Golden Point OT))
05/06/2013
None
Won

Stake: 5000.00 Returns: 8750.00

Sextus
06-06-2013, 03:28 PM
My predictions were based on the Qld forwards "holding their own or having an edge." But the nsw's forwards were great - Luke Lewis, Fifita, Bird, Gallen, (after a month off) Gallen's straight left was worth three ball offloads for pure inspiration!

Even so, in the second half, the brilliance of Slater, Smith and Inglis really started to show. You are a very brave man to have 5k down on nsw Travelmate. Congratulations!

Mind you, Jennings and Hayne really stepped up from their club form too. Anyone who bets against either of these teams is a brave man.

carmen farquis
06-06-2013, 06:35 PM
hi travel mate if your betting that much it would be worth opening an account with queensland tab the blues would've been paying much more

Travelmate
06-06-2013, 06:45 PM
hi travel mate if your betting that much it would be worth opening an account with queensland tab the blues would've been paying much more

they are all paying $1.75
but every dollar betting with NSWTAB give me extra bonus points for credit!
and bet365 gives me premiem access.

Oneonone
26-06-2013, 09:14 PM
Only one team can win tonight otherwise it wont be a sell out for the final game.

Punter Poontang
26-06-2013, 09:40 PM
Only one team can win tonight otherwise it wont be a sell out for the final game.

Too right, penalty count is already a stitch-up.

Sextus
26-06-2013, 10:04 PM
Two questions:

1. How much have you got on Qld Ahlungor? :D

2. Which class of Ginza girl have you booked?

AHLUNGOR
27-06-2013, 12:59 AM
Two questions:

1. How much have you got on Qld Ahlungor? :D

2. Which class of Ginza girl have you booked?

Well, it's a great win for Queensland so I will have some extra punting money that's for sure, only three separate winning bets:

1. Israel Folau to score a try vs the Lions / G. I. To score a try any time.

2. Queensland to win by 13+

3. Queensland -6.5

No, I haven't book any Ginza girl yet, planning to have something tomorrow, and then to see Mimi again on Friday - I haven't seen her for two months !

Cheers

croney
29-06-2013, 07:53 PM
Well, it's a great win for Queensland so I will have some extra punting money that's for sure, only three separate winning bets:

1. Israel Folau to score a try vs the Lions / G. I. To score a try any time.

2. Queensland to win by 13+

3. Queensland -6.5

No, I haven't book any Ginza girl yet, planning to have something tomorrow, and then to see Mimi again on Friday - I haven't seen her for two months !

Cheers

Looks like another flogging in store for NSW.The state deserves their League team

AHLUNGOR
17-07-2013, 11:57 AM
This is it !!

The decider tonight, Queensland will win, by 8 points !!

Go Queenslanders !!

Cheers

IExperiment
17-07-2013, 08:04 PM
This is it !!

Go Queenslanders !!

Cheers

Most of the Hotel are full tonight due to Origin and it is annoying.

I hope the Queenslander make so many many error and the Blues play at their best so there will be an upset.

kingwally
17-07-2013, 10:17 PM
This is it !!

Go Queenslanders !!

CheersYou are a great man Ahlungor!

Sextus
17-07-2013, 10:31 PM
Just after half time and Qld as usual are the better footballers and penalties are keeping nsw in the game but they lack the talent of a star like Johns to get them over the stripe.

Sextus
17-07-2013, 10:59 PM
He wasn't a streaker - he was just a punter in a huge rush who didn't want to miss the ending!

kingwally
17-07-2013, 11:20 PM
He wasn't a streaker - he was just a punter in a huge rush who didn't want to miss the ending!He saved a try for NSW though!!

Punter Poontang
17-07-2013, 11:35 PM
Fair enough too, if you're going to ask any of the 80,000+ people in there where the nearest shop is, I reckon Watmough is your guy. :-P

IamSam
17-07-2013, 11:37 PM
a lot of these rugby league players have stunning gf's and wives, I think the streaker was running to the ref to ask him where he can bust his nut!

AHLUNGOR
18-07-2013, 01:10 AM
He saved a try for NSW though!!

And that asshole stuffed up my Qld by 8 bet @$15-1 ! 18-10 should have been the final score!

Only $30 on it but it was supposed to be my Penthouse fees .......lol

But I can't be too greedy, I have three other winning bets!! Plenty of free massage sessions for this week and next now ......lol

Thank you Queenslanders !!

Cheers

Encd16f3
18-07-2013, 01:22 AM
And that asshole stuffed up my Qld by 8 bet @$15-1 ! 18-10 should have been the final score!

Only $30 on it but it was supposed to be my Penthouse fees .......lol

But I can't be too greedy, I have three other winning bets!! Plenty of free massage sessions for this week and next now ......lol

Thank you Queenslanders !!

Cheers

well done! best way to make punting money indeed!

AHLUNGOR
18-07-2013, 01:58 AM
One more point, NSW will have to wait until 2016 before they will have two home games in Sydney like this year.

In the next two years, Queensland will have 3 games in Suncorp and one game in Melbourne and they should win all of those 4 games, so 10 series win in a row is highly likely!

So when Big Mal predicted a few years ago that this Queensland side will have a decade of dominance, he knew what he was talking about !!

A Perfect 10 !!

Cheers

AHLUNGOR
18-07-2013, 09:49 AM
Sportsbet just announced that they have refunded $280,000 on last nights SOO III !!

In the end I think the 12-10 score line is very punter friendly!

You bet Qld win, by 2 or 1-6, or 1-12, all winners.

On the other side , if you bet NSW wins your first $100 is refunded because the winning margin is 10 or less , and if you take the line + 4.5 or the point +6.5, all winners!

Cheers

Travelmate
18-07-2013, 11:18 AM
Sportsbet just announced that they have refunded $280,000 on last nights SOO III !!

In the end I think the 12-10 score line is very punter friendly!

You bet Qld win, by 2 or 1-6, or 1-12, all winners.

On the other side , if you bet NSW wins your first $100 is refunded because the winning margin is 10 or less , and if you take the line + 4.5 or the point +6.5, all winners!

Cheers

you are a winner Ahlungor. I just win $85 overall... not bad and I am happy. good for a 30 minutes pure massage

AHLUNGOR
18-07-2013, 11:31 AM
you are a winner Ahlungor. I just win $85 overall... not bad and I am happy. good for a 30 minutes pure massage

Liar ! at 501 you can have your 30 min massage, and with the extra $55 tips, the sky is your limit right ?? and I'm sure you have your own favourite girls there who will give you more for less ..................lol

cheers

AHLUNGOR
23-07-2013, 01:43 PM
Haha, Rugby League is a funny old game !!

The events (matches) in the past few weeks are really interesting:

Josh Reynolds was released as the 18th man from the Blue's camp so he's back play club football, what he did, he guided the Dogs and beat the Storms 39-0 !!

NSW lost the decider by two points and all the knives are out for Mitchell Pearce's blood and what he did, he guided the Roosters to beat the Sharks 40 Nil !!

While the axe are out to chop Pearce's head, and talks of installing Adam Reynolds and John Sutton as the new half pairing for Origin 14 - eleven months out from the series! What happened, the Rabbitohs were leading the Dragons 18-6 and that's team 1 vs. team 15, victory seemed like a foregone conclusion and it's a matter by how much !! but no one told that to Josh Duggan, Brett Morris and the try scorer from the Blues Trent Merrin, so they took it up to the high flying competition leader with a couple of Maroons in Ben Teo and Chris McQueen. Merrin scored again and Morris got a double including the winning try in golden point extra time, funny old game isn't it.

Now the question remains: if Adam Reynolds and John Sutton in the top team of the competition full of origin, NZ and England representative player can not put away a team sitting at 15th on the ladder, and at 18-6, 18-12, 18-18 could not put the Dragons away, how are they gonna match up with the Maroons who had won 8 in a row!!

I don't have an answer of course and I couldn't care less, two games in Suncorp in 2014 too, so good luck to the Blues !!

Cheers

AHLUNGOR
20-05-2014, 12:51 PM
It's Origin time again !!

The only question is, and it's not even whether the Maroons will win 9 in a row !! Of course they will !

It's a toss up between winning the series 2-1 which is my bet, or will it be another white wash of 3-0 which is very likely.

Go Queenslanders !!

AHLUNGOR
20-05-2014, 01:09 PM
Let's take a look at the Blues side: (the number next to the player's name is the position of his club in the NRL ladder)

NSW Blues
1. Jarryd Hayne 4
2. Brett Morris 13
3. Josh Morris 1
4. Michael Jennings 9
5. Daniel Tupou 9
6. Josh Reynolds 1
7. Trent Hodkinson 1
8. Aaron Woods 6
9. Robbie Farah 6
10. James Tamou 8
11. Ryan Hoffman 5
12. Beau Scott 15
13. Paul Gallen (c) 16

Interchange:
14. Trent Merrin 13
15. Anthony Watmough 2
16. Luke Lewis 16
17. Tony Williams 1

Total points = 126

AHLUNGOR
20-05-2014, 01:13 PM
And the Queensland side:

Queensland:

1. Billy Slater, 5
2. Darius Boyd, 15
3. Greg Inglis, 10
4. Justin Hodges, 11
5. Brent Tate, 8
6. Johnathan Thurston, 8
7. Cooper Cronk, 5
8. Matt Scott, 8
9. Cameron Smith (c), 5
10. Nate Myles, 7
18. Chris McQueen, 10
12. Matt Gillett, 11
13. Corey Parker. 11

Interchange:

14. Daly Cherry-Evans, 2
15. Ben Te'o, 10
16. Aidan Guerra, 9
17. Josh Papalii, 14

Total points = 149

On points, the NSW should beat Queensland, thanks to the 4 players from the competition leader. All up NSW has 6 players from the top 4 teams vs. only 1 from Queensland - DCE and he is coming off the bench !!

AHLUNGOR
20-05-2014, 01:27 PM
But the key difference will be :

NSW makes seven changes from the team who lost game 3 last year by 2 points, with 2 debutants.

While Queensland only made 1 change with Aidan Gurera replacing the injured Thaiday.

Good luck to NSW, may be they can do a Queensland in game One 2001.

I am just very happy to see all the Queensland players are hitting good form at the right time in the last round:

Storm beat the Rabbits by 27-14 - all the big Three are firing !

Broncos beat the Titans by 22-8, Hodges, Gillett and Parker did well !

Cowboys beat the Rooster by 42-10, the Johnathon Thurston show, with Matt Scott the best Pop forwards

Yeah, that will do me !!

Queenslanders,

Oi, Oi, Oi

:shout::shout::shout:

harmony
20-05-2014, 01:41 PM
Great work AHLUNGOR with your team listings
Its great you support the Maroons - makes things more interesting on the forum !

I am so relieved Mitchell "Pretty Boy with Moustache" Pearce is out of the squad
Seriously, when were Moustaches last fashionable ? 1970 ?
And did you see a few weeks back - Sonny Bill Williams busted through a tackle and passed Pearce the ball in front of the tryline against the Tigers, and Pearce dropped the ball cold, with no one in front of him ?
It would have been his first try of the year - for a halfback. That says it all there, and I reckon he lost his origin spot right there.
Forget the Lady in the Yellow Dress, his fate was already sealed

I bumped into a random guy watching origin highlights last month in a pub, and asked how he thought the Blues would go
He said "Nowhere with Pearce". My thoughts exactly
Dont mean to be hard on the guy, but seriously, we gotta win this year, and we need new blood in the key positions

I wanna make a motza on the Blues
Should I put the money on the Blues this year, while they are very much the underdogs, with better odds ?
Is 2014 finally the year ?
Yeh, I know, maybe not ... Cronk, Inglis, Smith, Thurston etc etc are all pure class
But they gotta get old and complacent at some point right ?

Note: Only bet what you can afford to lose ;)
Note: Since Ahlunghor used the Maroon text colour, we need some balance, hence the blue text

AHLUNGOR
20-05-2014, 02:14 PM
Great work AHLUNGOR with your team listings
Its great you support the Maroons - makes things more interesting on the forum !

I am so relieved Mitchell "Pretty Boy with Moustache" Pearce is out of the squad
Seriously, when were Moustaches last fashionable ? 1970 ?
And did you see a few weeks back - Sonny Bill Williams busted through a tackle and give Pearce the ball in front of the tryline against the Tigers, and Pearce dropped the ball cold with no one in front of him ?
It would have been his first try of the year - for a halfback. That says it all there, and I reckon he lost his origin spot right there.
Forget the Lady in the Yellow Dress, his fate was already sealed

I bumped into a random guy watching origin highlights last month in a pub, and asked how he thought the Blues would go
He said "Nowhere with Pearce". My thoughts exactly
Dont mean to be hard on the guy, but seriously, we gotta win this year, and we need new blood in the key positions

Ahlungor, I wanna make a motza on the Blues
Should I put the money on the Blues this year, while they are very much the underdogs, with better odds ?
Is 2014 finally the year ?
Yeh, I know, maybe not ... Cronk, Inglis, Smith, Thurston etc etc are all pure class
But they gotta get old and complacent at some point right ?

Note: Only bet what you can afford to lose ;)
Note: Since you used the Maroon text colour, we need some balance, hence the blue text

Hi there, welcome back brother Harmony, where the bloody hell are you ??

If you are going to place some bets, may be wait until game two in Sydney, I really can't see the Blues winning in Suncorp, not with a debutant no. 7 and Reynolds' first game on the starting 13 and only his second game ever !!

That's sending the lamb to the slaughter house in my book, they played well on Sunday to beat the Warriors but only just, in comparison to how Thurston cleaned up the Roosters and the Melbourne/Queensland/Australian big three dominated the Rabbits, I think people can draw their own conclusions.

In additional to Robbie Farah only has one game back and Gallen may not be 100%, the Blues are doomed before they even started.

The only shining lights in the Blues squard is Jarrod Haynes, but can he single handedly beat the Queensland team, only time will tell.

You could put a bet on Haynes scoring an any time try, my bet will be a big win for the Maroons, 13+

Cheers

loaded
21-05-2014, 01:01 AM
Let's take a look at the Blues side: (the number next to the player's name is the position of his club in the NRL ladder)

NSW Blues
1. Jarryd Hayne 4
2. Brett Morris 13
3. Josh Morris 1
4. Michael Jennings 9
5. Daniel Tupou 9
6. Josh Reynolds 1
7. Trent Hodkinson 1
8. Aaron Woods 6
9. Robbie Farah 6
10. James Tamou 8
11. Ryan Hoffman 5
12. Beau Scott 15
13. Paul Gallen (c) 16

Interchange:
14. Trent Merrin 13
15. Anthony Watmough 2
16. Luke Lewis 16
17. Tony Williams 1

Total points = 126

Go the doggies!

AHLUNGOR
21-05-2014, 02:02 AM
This is how Laurie Daley started his camp with the Blues:

Hi everyone, Laurie here, welcome to the NSW state of origin camp:

First of all , let me lay down some rules:

No drinks in camps until after the match on next Wednesday! The bonding session is still on and we will use that for video session.

No one is allowed to leave the training grounds or the hotel alone,

No one is allow to talk to the media unless cleared by me personally.

You will train as hard as you ever have and thou shalt not leave any petrol behind as you walk out of Suncorp next Weenesday .

You don't want to be remembered as part of the blues team that lose 9 series in a row !!

Meanwhile, in the Maroons camp up north :

Big Mal is welcoming the squard:

Ok guys, great to see everyone well and fit. Everyone meet Aiden ?? he's new! Make him feel welcome ok !

And everybody knows everyone else, great! You all know what to do, just go out there next Wednesday and give it to the Blues !

See you in the bar in 30 min !!

So, is the result of this series ever in doubt ??

Go Queenslanders !!

paulgallen
21-05-2014, 11:25 PM
Go the Sharkies and the Blues

sharkies 16th on ladder and blues 8th in a row lost. Wow what a combo!

any light at end of the tunnel ?

AHLUNGOR
22-05-2014, 02:11 AM
Go the Sharkies and the Blues

sharkies 16th on ladder and blues 8th in a row lost. Wow what a combo!

any light at end of the tunnel ?

And what does the Sharks and the NSW Blues have in common ??

May be its time to get new captain for both ??

Midnight_Prowl
22-05-2014, 10:04 AM
i have a strong feeling Blues will win in Game 1.

odd is $2.58 (last time i checked) I am thinking putting $1K anyone with me???

Couple of things I really like:
1. Mitchell Pearce not playing
2. Mitchell Pearce not playing
3. Mitchell Pearce not playing
4. Mitchell Pearce not playing
5. Mitchell Pearce not playing

Couple of point i dislike:
1. Tariq Sims in not in the squad
2. No Front Row in the bench
3. Too many 2nd rowers

OVERALL I am happy with the team.... GO the BLUES

AHLUNGOR
22-05-2014, 11:20 AM

3. Too many 2nd rowers

Head to head is actually $2.85 for the Blues with Sportsbet, as I can't see a blow out score by the Blues at Suncorp, so if they win (which is unlikely!), the margin should be 1-12, so the Blues by 1-12 @ $4.00 should be a good bet to all you NSW supporters!.

whatever you do brother MP, gamble responsibly of course............haha

May the best team win

Cheers

Oneonone
22-05-2014, 01:13 PM
Unfortunately I think they need more than a new captain if they are going to beat Queensland, unfortunately.

Milf_Man
22-05-2014, 02:22 PM
I remember thinking back in 2006 after NSW had just won game1 of origin that Queensland sucked ass, was going to lose yet another series and NSW was going to win an UNPRECEDENTED 3 years in a row, which had never been achieved up till that point by either side.
Fast forward a decade and NSW is staring down the barrel of losing 9 years in a row.
How pitiful are we.

AHLUNGOR
22-05-2014, 03:31 PM
I remember thinking back in 2006 after NSW had just won game1 of origin that Queensland sucked ass, was going to lose yet another series and NSW was going to win an UNPRECEDENTED 3 years in a row, which had never been achieved up till that point by either side.
Fast forward a decade and NSW is staring down the barrel of losing 9 years in a row.
How pitiful are we.

Hi there, sorry brother Milf_Man, that I have to correct you there, when it comes to footy and origin, I do know the history a little bit:

First of all, both Queensland and NSW had won three series in a row in the past !!

In 2006, NSW had already won the series in 2003, 2004 and the infamous Andrew Johns inspired series win 2005 and if they had won in 2006, then it would have been an UNPRECEDENTED 4 years in a row !! And if not for that pass by Brett Hodgson and picked up by Darren Lockyer who went on to score the winning try. NSW would have won 4 series in a row - and the "Origin would be dead !"

The rest, well, is HISTORY !!

Cheers

Milf_Man
22-05-2014, 05:23 PM
Hi there, sorry brother Milf_Man, that I have to correct you there, when it comes to footy and origin, I do know the history a little bit:

First of all, both Queensland and NSW had won three series in a row in the past !!

In 2006, NSW had already won the series in 2003, 2004 and the infamous Andrew Johns inspired series win 2005 and if they had won in 2006, then it would have been an UNPRECEDENTED 4 years in a row !! And if not for that pass by Brett Hodgson and picked up by Darren Lockyer who went on to score the winning try. NSW would have won 4 series in a row - and the "Origin would be dead !"

The rest, well, is HISTORY !!

Cheers

Yeah no worries.

I thought they were either going for 3 or 4, but my memory's not what it used to be.

harmony
23-05-2014, 09:39 AM
Milf_man said 'odd is $2.58 (last time i checked) I am thinking putting $1K anyone with me???'

Brave man, I admire you

Im very happy we have halfback and 5/8 from Canterbury, who are leading the competition, and it is fair to say we will give Queensland a good game

However, the only reason Im not going to bet is that its never a good idea to right off a champion, and Queensland have just too many champions still in great form

Cameron Smith, Greg Inglis, Jonathan Thurston, Cooper Cronk

But if Queensland do lose the first game, I would consider putting money on the Blues later in the series (Im sure the odds are still going to be good later on for a Blues win) !!!

AHLUNGOR
23-05-2014, 10:00 AM
Milf_man said 'odd is $2.58 (last time i checked) I am thinking putting $1K anyone with me???'

Brave man, I admire you

Im very happy we have halfback and 5/8 from Canterbury, who are leading the competition, and it is fair to say we will give Queensland a good game

However, the only reason Im not going to bet is that its never a good idea to right off a champion, and Queensland have just too many champions still in great form

Cameron Smith, Greg Inglis, Jonathan Thurston, Cooper Cronk

But if Queensland do lose the first game, I would consider putting money on the Blues later in the series (Im sure the odds are still going to be good later on for a Blues win) !!!

Origin and NRL games are quite different, only time will tell if Josh and Trent are indeed "Origin" players.

In the Blues side, I think Haynes can win the game for the Blues, but if you look over to the Maroons side, as you said: Smith, Slater, Cronk, Thurston, Inglis ! They can all win the game !

AHLUNGOR
28-05-2014, 05:59 PM
OK, this is it, Origin I up at Suncorp Stadium with 53,000 people:

My view this year:

Game 1:

Queensland to win by 20 points

Johnathan Thurston wins Man of the Match

Inglis and Boyd each scores a Double.

Game 2:

Reynolds drops back to the bench, Trent becomes another 1 game wonder, the Rooster pairing of Pearce and Maloney recalled. Greg Bird and Andrew Fifita come back in to the starting side.

NSW will probably win by 4 points:

Game 3:

Queensland win by 7 points, winning 9 series in a row !!

Cheers

Go Queenslanders !!:shout:

novi
28-05-2014, 05:59 PM
Well the games on tonight..

I got to say QLD have good team, but it time for the NSW to smash them 3 - 0.

paulgallen
28-05-2014, 07:13 PM
Literally smash them again

AHLUNGOR
28-05-2014, 07:50 PM
Literally smash them again

Coming from someone who has never won a SOO series in his entire playing career! Sounds very unconvincing I'm afraid !!

loaded
28-05-2014, 10:05 PM
Half time and the Blues have the ascendancy.

loaded
28-05-2014, 11:03 PM
OK, this is it, Origin I up at Suncorp Stadium with 53,000 people:

My view this year:

Game 1:

Queensland to win by 20 points

Johnathan Thurston wins Man of the Match

Inglis and Boyd each scores a Double.

Game 2:

Reynolds drops back to the bench, Trent becomes another 1 game wonder, the Rooster pairing of Pearce and Maloney recalled. Greg Bird and Andrew Fifita come back in to the starting side.

NSW will probably win by 4 points:

Game 3:

Queensland win by 7 points, winning 9 series in a row !!

Cheers

Go Queenslanders !!:shout:

I guess the crystal ball didn't work tonight.

pantydropa
28-05-2014, 11:20 PM
Ahlungor as much as I respect you for your contributions to the forum I have to wish you and your qld buddies to eat a FAT COCK!

:shout: :shout::shout:

wilisno
28-05-2014, 11:29 PM
Up the mighty Blues ! :miao:

Mr Olympia
28-05-2014, 11:36 PM
Blues 3-0 and the start of a legacy. Go u mighty blues.

Midnight_Prowl
28-05-2014, 11:48 PM

3. Too many 2nd rowers

Alright..... Wot a game.... Even with ref being qlders did not help them. Hayne unstoppable!!!

Best thing is i got small payout....in the end i got $1K @$2.85.... And thx to lungor bro, got NSW to win by 1-12 @$3.65 thx man.

Time for punting

pantydropa
28-05-2014, 11:57 PM
Blues 3-0 and the start of a legacy. Go u mighty blues.

Time for qld team to train more footy and play less golf!
:shout::shout::shout:

AHLUNGOR
29-05-2014, 01:17 AM
Haha Congratulations to the NSW Blues, good win tonight, Jarryd Hayne was too good, set one up and scored a strong one himself, man of the match performance, he is the difference really!

Nsw now has a very good chance to wrap up the series in Sydney and stop the Queensland dominance !

Yeah, big lost tonight for me! only winning bet was Boyd scoring a double @$7.00 so got half of my losing money back !

Good thing about this lost is now NSW is favourite @$1.75 for game 2 and QLD @$2.05!

Well, in the end it was two tries a piece and both kickers had an off night, but the two penalties from right in front was the difference!

Queensland was clearly on top from the beginning and scored early, but losing Cooper Cronk after 10 min was too much a gap to fill, DCE wasn't quite ready and Thurston not at his best ! Looks like DCE will be wearing the 7 in game two, is he good enough ?

We can still win game two in Sydney and back to Suncorp for decider !

Shamy
29-05-2014, 11:36 AM
Go the blue

harmony
29-05-2014, 12:14 PM
Im not a betting man, but even I was tempted this week, to visit the TAB for the first time in my life, to put $200 on the Blues

However, I am always reluctant to bet against a champion team, particularly against a team with Cameron Smith leading it, and obviously Qld having a first game home advantage, so my money stayed in my pocket. Oh well !

What a 100th origin game it was !

For me, the difference occurred at the 10 minute mark, with the injury to chief Maroons playmaker Cooper Cronk
No matter how you look at it, all Queenslands preparations, training and strategy would have involved Cronk and not Cherry-Evans
Coopers loss was just too much of a change to key personnel for Queensland to adjust to, but damn they almost overcame the loss of Cronk with a determined second half effort !

Of course, the superhuman defensive effort of NSW in the second half provided the victory
Talk about bravery - despite shoulder dislocations, neck strains or torn biceps, various NSW players played well beyond the pain barrier ! Inspiring stuff

As the Channel 9 commentators stated after the game: "Its not the number of tries you score in Origin that wins you games, its the number of tries you defend against"

I wont bet against Maroons in Sydney either, because as Hayne said after the game "We have awoken the beast (Qld), and we have to be prepared in Game 2 for what they are really capable of"

However I think this year the Blues truly have a great chance to finally break the losing streak

And the sweetest thing of all ? Gallen and Hayne can finallly shake off the monkey from their backs, and be seen as true winners in Rugby League at the highest level

Seriously, if NSW shake the monkey off its back in 2014, I look forward to years of NSW dominance again, just like the old days

The two enemies of ongoing Queensland dominance is the growing age/injury of their key playmakers (Cronk, Slater, Smith), and the loss of hunger

NSW simply have much more hunger, as its been a long time since they last tasted series victory

My call for game 2 ? Difficult to say at this early stage, but it looks like NSW is going to lose Josh Reynolds due to his dangerous tackle

Again, its the team of champions (Qld) against the hungry underdogs.

I think NSW will win this series, as they now know they have the right stuff, but things are too close to predict anything else

Shamy
29-05-2014, 12:25 PM
Go the blue

AHLUNGOR
30-05-2014, 03:10 PM
I think all good things will come to an end !!

After eight long years, this should be the year the NSW Blues will win back the interstate shield!

Too many injuries to the key players (especially to the Spine !!), NSW will be overwhelming favour to win game 2 in Sydney and wrap up the series now.

Cronk has a broken arm, out for 14 weeks, there goes Melbourne's Premiership chances.

Slater will be out for 2 weeks and will miss Game 2, Inglis will now finally get to the Full Back position, can he do a Hayne thing and win Game 2 for Queensland ??

Smith will be also out for 2 weeks and only a very slim chance to play game 2, who do we call, Matt Ballin from Manly, he did have one game for QLD under his belt, and if DCE is fit enough to play, then at least we have some combination going with the Manly no. 7 and 9.

But if Cherry Evans can not play, then they will have no choice but to pick Ben Hunt and Andrew McCullough from Brisbane - and hopefully the Broncos squad can produce something: Hodges, Hunt, McCullough, Gillett, Parker, Thaiday - may be even Hannant will be recalled for Myles.

Tough times ahead for the Maroons and Queensland supporter.

:thirst:

This is NOT GOOD for Queensland !!

bangers
30-05-2014, 03:20 PM
I think all good things will come to an end !!

Well said bro, QLD winning streak cant last forever, it has to end. Now is the end!

Although, it would have be nice to see NSW beat QLD(including Cronk, Slater,Smith in the team) just in case, so there would be no excuses later!

AHLUNGOR
30-05-2014, 03:37 PM
Well said bro, QLD winning streak cant last forever, it has to end. Now is the end!

Although, it would have be nice to see NSW beat QLD(including Cronk, Slater,Smith in the team) just in case, so there would be no excuses later!

Sure, you can only beat the team in front of you.

Back in 2006, Queensland beat NSW without Andrew Johns anyway and no one ever said that was unfair !!

But this time Queensland will be the under dog and back into a corner, we may still do it !!

Don't forget the NO NAME Maroons back in 1995 won the series 3 - 0 !!

harmony
30-05-2014, 04:04 PM
Even the great Ahlungor is backing the Blues now

So give us the scoop Ahlungor or Travelmate .... do we all walk up to the TAB and bet on a win in Game 2 ? Or is it wiser to put a bet on a Blues series win if that possible ?

Sorry, Im a betting virgin haha

Only bet what you can afford

loaded
10-06-2014, 12:49 AM
QLD names 22 man squad tonight.

Billy Slater, Darius Boyd, Justin Hodges, Greg Inglis, Bret Tate, Johnathan Thurston, Daly Cherry-Evans, Matt Scott, Cameron Smith (c), Nate Myles, Sam Thaiday, Chris McQueen, Corey Parker, Ben Te'o, Matt Gillett, Aidan Guerra, Josh Papalii, Ben Hunt, Willie Tonga, Jacob Lillyman, Anthony Milford (five to be excluded).

loaded
10-06-2014, 04:55 PM
3 changes for the Blues

Jarryd Hayne, Will Hopoate, Josh Dugan, Michael Jennings, Daniel Tupou, Josh Reynolds, Trent Hodkinson, Paul Gallen, Robbie Farah, Aaron Woods, Ryan Hoffman, Beau Scott, Greg Bird. Interchange: Trent Merrin, James Tamou, Luke Lewis, Anthony Watmough.

AHLUNGOR
10-06-2014, 05:36 PM
QLD names 22 man squad tonight.

Billy Slater, Darius Boyd, Justin Hodges, Greg Inglis, Bret Tate, Johnathan Thurston, Daly Cherry-Evans, Matt Scott, Cameron Smith (c), Nate Myles, Sam Thaiday, Chris McQueen, Corey Parker, Ben Te'o, Matt Gillett, Aidan Guerra, Josh Papalii, Ben Hunt, Willie Tonga, Jacob Lillyman, Anthony Milford (five to be excluded).

I hope Queensland can field this line up and they are all fit to give 80 min of Origin football:

1. Inglis
2. Boyd
3. Tonga
4. Hodges
5. Tate
6. Thurston
7. Cherry-Evans
8. Matt Scott
9. Cameron Smith (c)
10.Nate Myles
11 Sam Thaiday
12. Matt Gillett
13. Corey Parker
14. Ben Hunt
15. Chris McQueen
16. Ben Te'o
17. Aidan Guerra

I think Ben Hunt will get the debut ahead of Anthony Milford - mainly on his Broncos forms and his club combinations with Hodges, Parker, Thaiday and Gillett.

Also, if anything should happen to DCE, then Cameron Smith will have to move to 7 and Hunt can do Hooker or vice versa.

This Maroons team if they pay to their potential, is capable of beating the Blues ! Inglis alone can do and Jarryd Hayne on the Blues - on should I say, do an Inglis on Jarryd !!

ps. And this is looking like a Queensland team of old, has 8 current and former Broncos in the team, then you throw in Inglis, Thurston and Smith !! still a champion side !!

AHLUNGOR
10-06-2014, 06:24 PM
Queensland is now the underdog @ $2.25

Queensland 13+ @ $6.50 - which is rather unlikely, QLD 1-12 @ $3.10 and Boyd to score the first try @ $9.00 is looking good !!

Go Queensland !!

Beancounter
10-06-2014, 07:14 PM
Some good value there. Queensland 1-12 looks appealing despite being a Blues fan.