PDA

View Full Version : Public Transport

Booster
10-11-2012, 08:19 AM
Hi guys,

Had an interesting observation the other day.
Went to one of my regular establishments which is situated in an industrial area.

I had just parked my car and was gathering my wallet and phone, when one of those premium service cabs rolls up. Then the door of the establishment opened, and a young Asian man steps out.

We stare down each other and as he passes we break eye contact. He gets into the cab which reverses and leaves. I saunter to the establishment where I enjoy an hour in the company of a young lady.

But it got me thinking, does anyone else take a cab to go punting? How prevalent is this practice?
Maybe this young man just lost his license and really needed to fuck?
I mean like, really needed it.

Being in an industrial area, its not particularly close to public transport.
So it might've been better to go somewhere closer to public transport and walk,
So that the cab fare could have been used for punting?

Your thoughts?

Oh and a picture of the amazingly photogenic Brazilian Giselle Bundchen in the movie TAXI!.
http://image.toutlecine.com/photos/n/e/w/new-york-taxi-2004-03-g.jpg

Utamaro
10-11-2012, 11:51 AM
Agree - too embarrassed to tell taxi driver where you go!

Having said that, I did take a taxi after the punting long time ago... in Canberra. Went to a shop in Fishwick (spell?) by catching public bus - big mistake, public transport in Canberra is so poor!!
By the time I finished my punt, there were no more bus service so the shop called a taxi for me. Obviously the entire trip was rather awkward, we didn't have any conversations!!

enigma775
11-11-2012, 04:51 AM
I don't know why people embrassed to tell taxi drivers where to go.

Taxi drivers probably know more shops that most of us.

cisco
11-11-2012, 11:04 AM

Agreed, they knew all the hidden place and taxi driver go to punt too,...

aussiegaigin
11-11-2012, 12:09 PM
Surely if you are going to a shop in an industrial estate, you can get dropped off/picked up in the street outside if you think the txi driver is going to pass judgement on you. Most of these places don't have a lot of external advertising, so even if the driver came into a particular unit, he might not be aware of where you had been.

oinkonk
12-11-2012, 10:56 AM

Couple of negatives: Rabbitohs need a better game plan

Booster
13-11-2012, 06:41 AM
They sure do. I was heading to punt one night and had the driver extolling the virtues of Romeo's.

Also I tend to punt after a couple of drinks. Taxi safer but certainly adds to the expense of the evening

This was my main point, because this instance was in the middle of the day.
There's plenty of shops that are close to public transport, and he would be able to spend more.

jj12345
13-11-2012, 03:03 PM
I live where I need zero car so public transport always for me. If I take the taxi then always to nearby street, not actuall place

kickass
14-11-2012, 01:07 PM
I've taken the taxi before, but I usually tell a different address nearby and walk the last block or so myself.

numberonebigsize
14-11-2012, 03:29 PM
Dont worry taxi drivers are always in a daze (work 12hrs,sleep 5hrs,work 7/11 5hrs,work servo 2hrs). They would not have a clue where you are going or what goes on there.

kickass
16-11-2012, 08:00 AM
I think some taxi drivers would actually be jealous.