PDA

View Full Version : General talk Is anyone taking testosterone ?

CunningLinguist
10-06-2013, 08:15 PM
More Australian men using testosterone as anti-ageing hormone (http://www.abc.net.au/news/2013-06-10/more-aussie-men-taking-anti-ageing-hormone/4744140)

Instead he says it is being promoted with "speculative, non-approved indications such as andro-pause (male menopause) or male sexual dysfunction".

He says there is a growing overuse of the hormone as an anti-ageing tonic and to boost sexual function.

"It is highly marketable with an easily confected popularity which creates a demand that bypasses sound clinical practice," he said.

Gucci2012
10-06-2013, 10:08 PM
There was a picture of a shirtless muscle bound ripped Sonny Bill Williams on my FB news feed with an article saying he used a product called Testostrong and a link to "free sample bottle" so I thought why not....but then I found out it wasn't "free" you had to make a purchase first.

So I didn't complete the order. 2 days later I get an email telling me they would take off 40%. I ignored it, then another email 60% off, a week later an email saying please accept our free 30 day supply. Wtf? So even though I didn't complete the order they still kept my info.

CunningLinguist
10-06-2013, 10:13 PM
There was a picture of a shirtless muscle bound ripped Sonny Bill Williams on my FB news feed with an article saying he used a product called Testostrong and a link to "free sample bottle" so I thought why not....but then I found out it wasn't "free" you had to make a purchase first.

So I didn't complete the order. 2 days later I get an email telling me they would take off 40%. I ignored it, then another email 60% off, a week later an email saying please accept our free 30 day supply. Wtf?

Makes you wonder what they will offer if you hold out some more!

ALittleToTheLeft
10-06-2013, 10:46 PM
There are far more risks than benefits if you ask me, unless you happen to be abnormal in terms of your ability to grow muscle - in other words, it is only reccomended if you have a test proven problem with testosterone levels.

Very real risks of inappropriate testosterone use include:

Heart Attacks
Heart Failure
Liver Cancer
Peliosis Hepatitis (fatal Liver cysts)
Hyper-Cholesterol
Hypertension
Deep Vein Thrombosis
Prostate Enlargement (increased risk of Prostate Cancer)
Depression

Seriously not worth it. Anyone using and abusing Testosterone is going to result in a shorter lifespan

Rb34gtr
11-06-2013, 12:28 AM
Well the testosterone in males start to decline or peak at 25 years old?
Most males produce around 150-300mg so if your getting on with age and your testies arent as good as they used to be,
I don't see why you can use it to keep yourself "young" so to speak

Not sure about the other risk but depression occurs when the body is low on testosterone (after a cycle) and the testies haven't started to
reproduce testosterone (other drugs such as clomid help kick start this recovery period).

The guys who use it for bodybuilding take a minimum of 500mg in cycles to increase muscle recovery. (over years and many cycles)
There is also Testosterone replacement therapy for men who have low testosterone.
I'm sure theres a safe way to "use" it but many just "abuse" it so they can look like the next Arnold.