PDA

View Full Version : General talk How do you think this week will pan out?

Sextus
25-06-2013, 12:36 AM
http://i1301.photobucket.com/albums/ag116/waveflow/GilliardkissingRudd_zps5f2edf49.jpg (http://s1301.photobucket.com/user/waveflow/media/GilliardkissingRudd_zps5f2edf49.jpg.html)

http://i1301.photobucket.com/albums/ag116/waveflow/caravaggio-judas-kiss-taking-of-christ_zpsba1a8d71.jpg (http://s1301.photobucket.com/user/waveflow/media/caravaggio-judas-kiss-taking-of-christ_zpsba1a8d71.jpg.html)

uber
25-06-2013, 12:47 AM
Well, Jesus appears to be in the process of being arrested by a bloke in a suit of Milanese plate armour manufactured 1500 years after his death, so if things remain consistent, I expect Rudd is due for an appointment with the T-1000.

IExperiment
25-06-2013, 02:36 AM
No body like a backstabber thats why her popularity is up the creek. No matter what she try she is gone ...lol...
I dont do politics but thats all I know.

AHLUNGOR
25-06-2013, 09:37 AM
Well, all I know is that the country is in much worst state then back in 2007 when labour won government !!

And where the bloody hell is the Prime Minister??

On the front page of the Daily Telegraph knitting like a good old Granny!! What the !!!

Lets get ride of them all in September !!

Just my one vote !!

World citizen
25-06-2013, 10:22 AM
Im no fan of JG - but im amazed when people denounce her for 'stabbing rudd in the back' as if this isnt standard practice in both parties - keating toppled hawke, beazley toppled Crean, costello would have challenged howard if he'd had the ticker .. This is just the way things work in a parliamentary democracy, the people elect parliamentarians, parliamentarians form parties, parties elect leaders.

World citizen
25-06-2013, 10:26 AM
Also - dont think there will be a leadership challenge from rudd

PhoBot
25-06-2013, 10:31 AM
Well I reckon Labour are doing a reasonable job at running the country (most reasonably minded economists tend to agree on that) but an appalling job at running their own party. They've got heaps of legislation through in a tight parliament. We are lucky in Au that the REAL differences of the major parties are pretty slight so I don't fear a Lib Govt but hope Labor don't get too wiped out so there is some opposition and balance.

The bile coming out of the media in the last 3 years is unprecedented and if the same level of shit is thrown at Abbot, Turnbull will be PM in 4 years.

IamSam
25-06-2013, 10:36 AM
The Labour party screwed up this nation big time.

Sextus
25-06-2013, 12:08 PM
I'm on Rudd's side for the health of democracy, at least so they can form a decent sized opposition that can worry and influence the government!

AHLUNGOR
25-06-2013, 02:45 PM
There will be no challenge this week on the Labour leadership.

JG will lead the party to the next election and got steamrolled. Will probably loss her own seat and retire from politics and enjoying a pension of $200K+ for life.

Bill Shorten will be the next Labour Leader in Opposition elected un-opposed. Kevin Rudd will be lurking on the back bench for another three years.

Just my two cents

Cheers

:fire:

IExperiment
25-06-2013, 02:57 PM
There will be no challenge this week on the Labour leadership.

JG will lead the party to the next election and got steamrolled. Will probably loss her own seat and retire from politics and enjoying a pension of $200K+ for life.

Bill Shorten will be the next Labour Leader in Opposition elected un-opposed. Kevin Rudd will be lurking on the back bench for another three years.

Just my two cents

Cheers

:fire:

The people will choose its how the people see them, I mean no one believe politician. Every body like Mr Sheen he looks ok for so that why he got voted :) Time will tell wether he can run the country or not thats another story.
I mean howard was running the country ok but got beaten by Mr Sheen quite well.

rooter
25-06-2013, 03:25 PM
Gillard will lead Labor to the election, but Labor will get smashed almost as badly as they did in NSW and Qld.
Putting Rudd in won't help; it just might soften the blow a bit and save a few greedy Labor MPs their seat (and so their salary, perks, benefits, super etc), that's the only reason some are pushing for Rudd - nothing to do with principles.
Not big fan of the current government, but not looking forward to at least 6 years of Tony fucking Abbot, and Julie bishop, and Christopher Pine, and Joe Hockey etc - what obnoxious turds!
Add to that the slowing of the mining boom and the possible slowing down of China and it's looking like tough times ahead.
Punt big now bros, have fun, fuck like crazy, take that overseas trip while the dollar is still OK - this time next year it will be 75 cents!
It's the last days of Empire ;(
Enjoy!!

AHLUNGOR
25-06-2013, 03:25 PM
The people will choose its how the people see them, I mean no one believe politician. Every body like Mr Sheen he looks ok for so that why he got voted :) Time will tell wether he can run the country or not thats another story.
I mean howard was running the country ok but got beaten by Mr Sheen quite well.

Haha, I like how you call him Mr Sheen!!

I think Mr Sheen got a very high public profile because he was on Channel 7 Sunrise for a few years!!

You can't beat that Mr Sheen image when the nation woke up with you every morning - I bet you 80% - 90% of the channel 7 viewers will vote for Kochie as the Treasurer if it was up to them!

I hope Tony will give Malcolm Turnbull a decent senior ministerial role, like Finance or Treasurer, that guy could do some serious good thing for the country !

Cheers

wilisno
25-06-2013, 04:31 PM
I haven't heard any economist say Labor are doing a good job.
Really ? Have you heard about IMF ?

AHLUNGOR
25-06-2013, 06:30 PM
Graham Richardson just came on 2GB predicting there will be a challenge before the end of the week and KR will be once again the PM before the weekend!

Interesting, I guess this is probably all playing into Bill Shorten's hand to be the next leader of the opposition!

Because if KR doesn't challenge and let JG lost the election then there is no certainty who will lead labour to pick up the pieces !!

Once JG is out and KR lost the election, then it will be all Bill!

Stay tuned !

Cheers

rooter
25-06-2013, 06:35 PM
Graham Richardson just came on 2GB predicting there will be a challenge before the end of the week and KR will be once again the PM before the weekend!

Interesting, I guess this is probably all playing into Bill Shorten's hand to be the next leader of the opposition!

Because if KR doesn't challenge and let JG lost the election then there is no certainty who will lead labour to pick up the pieces !!

Stay tuned !

Cheers

bro, you are the Laurie Oakes of the forum ;)

PhoBot
25-06-2013, 08:03 PM

Stay tuned !

Cheers

Graham Richardson is a corrupt turd who just won't flush. His predictions are about as good as a dart board.

PhoBot
25-06-2013, 08:07 PM
Haha Mr Sheen. My daughter calls him Sad Face because he first came to her attention on the night of the long knives. She calls the other two carrot top and big ears.

World citizen
25-06-2013, 08:08 PM
Isnt rudd departing for china? Not sure how he can challenge of hes not present for the caucus vote

PhoBot
25-06-2013, 08:10 PM

Stay tuned !

Cheers

Are you confessing to being a 2gb listener?

World citizen
25-06-2013, 08:11 PM
Ive always thought rudd resembled tintin!

rooter
25-06-2013, 08:31 PM
Haha, I like how you call him Mr Sheen!!

Actually former PM John Howard was originally dubbed Mr Sheen - and he really does look like Mr Sheen.
Not so much now but definitely when he was in his 50s and was PM.
I agree with WC that Rudd looks much more like Tintin!
As for Tony Abbott, well looks more like a turd I dropped this morning - actually that turd had more character and charisma than Abbott!

Sextus
25-06-2013, 08:37 PM
Isnt rudd departing for china?

I've missed more than one flight in my time!

wilisno
26-06-2013, 12:21 AM
Labor always leads the country into debt and others have to fix it up. It works both ways, the Libs always leave the country into disrepairs, just to make the books look good. Labour had to pick up the tab, like schools, hospitals etc etc... hence the spending. And the money was spent to fight recession too and was a success ! There are plenty of economists in IMF and World Bank !

World citizen
26-06-2013, 12:31 AM
So who do you vote for? - the shooters party maybe, or the christian democrats perhaps?

Yes Wilisno I have heard of IMF another political group. We all know the plans for a one world government. I asked name an economist who thought Labor were doing a good fiscal job. Doesn't matter who is PM at the end of the week as come Sept TA will be PM and Shorten or maybe Comet will be leading Labor. Trouble with most people is they vote for the 3 major parties. Labor always leads the country into debt and others have to fix it up. Get use to 12 years of the libs. Labor hasn't balanced a budget for god knows how many years. And I don't vote for the major 3 so don't blame me. Just my 3 cents

wilisno
26-06-2013, 12:32 AM
So who do you vote for? - the shooters party maybe, or the christian democrats perhaps?The Australian Sex Party ! :miao:

IamSam
26-06-2013, 12:32 AM
Discussing politics on a punting forum is good entertainment.
Most if not all politicians are in it to line their OWN pockets with tax payers money!
Enough said!!

wilisno
26-06-2013, 12:36 AM
Most if not all politicians are in it to line their OWN pockets with tax payers money!
Enough said!!Everybody loves a bit more money, but sometimes I wonder why those top politicians would brother, because most of them can get better pay in the private sector !

IamSam
26-06-2013, 12:41 AM
Maybe they need the publicity to feed their egos.

Everybody loves a bit more money, but sometimes I wonder why those top politicians would brother, because most of them can get better pay in the private sector !

wilisno
26-06-2013, 12:45 AM
Maybe they need the publicity to feed their egos.And power ... so it's not all money ...

CunningLinguist
26-06-2013, 12:46 AM
Ive always thought rudd resembled tintin!

When Rudd became PM I heard his nickname was Harry Potter ...

CunningLinguist
26-06-2013, 12:48 AM
If Abbot becomes PM do you think his party will be able to keep him under control and curtail his religious beliefs interferring with policy.
Remember he was censured by his own party a while back when he was health minister ...

Sextus
26-06-2013, 12:58 AM

Well, it is a big week that could possibly influence the make-up of politics for years to come, so I guess it is on most people's minds at the moment.

It seems like a no-brainer to me. Gilliard is going to be kicked out in a couple of months. In a couple of months she won't be PM anyway. So for the sake of a few more weeks of Gilliard as PM, Labor is going to throw away 25 seats that Rudd could save?

It reminds me of Berlin in May 1945, and another person's refusal to face f**king reality, also leading to utter destruction.

Rudd saves 25 seats, and then Shorten or Combet kick him out down the track. Its simple!

CunningLinguist
26-06-2013, 01:09 AM
Why does politics in oz always become a leader popularity contest ?

AHLUNGOR
26-06-2013, 01:16 AM
Why does politics in oz always become a leader popularity contest ?

It's always a popularity contest ever since TV was part of the campaign!

It started in the 60's when Kennedy beat Nixon !!

Well, JFK would have beaten any opponent !

Just my two cents

Cheers

CunningLinguist
26-06-2013, 01:22 AM
It's always a popularity contest ever since TV was part of the campaign!

It started in the 60's when Kennedy beat Nixon !!

Well, JFK would have beaten any opponent !

Just my two cents

Cheers

Wouldn't it be nice if people, the press and pollies actually talked about policy ...

AHLUNGOR
26-06-2013, 03:40 PM
Live: Kevin Rudd supporters move against Julia Gillard
Updated 21 minutes agoRelated Story: Kevin Rudd's supporters circulate petition to oust Julia GillardRelated Story: Timeline: Prime Minister Julia GillardMap: Australia

The ABC understands that supporters of former prime minister Kevin Rudd have been circulating a petition to call a special Caucus meeting to hold a ballot on the Labor leadership.

It is believed the petition to remove Julia Gillard as leader has been gathering signatures since just before midday, amid ongoing tensions within the party.

This week is the last sitting week for federal Parliament before the election, and therefore the final chance for Labor MPs to decide the leadership question.

Mr Rudd would need 52 votes to seize back the leadership, however one of his stated conditions of a comeback was to secure a convincing win.

Sextus
26-06-2013, 05:44 PM
They are fighting over who gets to sit in the best deck chair on the Titanic!

Mind you, with K.Rudd back there will be more deck "seats" left floating over the vanished ship of government.

An election campaign that is actually more of a contest is much more fun.

CunningLinguist
26-06-2013, 06:01 PM
Ms Gillard has called on the ballot in a move seen as trying to cut off his opportunity to secure more votes, and has laid down a stunning condition.

"Anybody who enters the ballot tonight should do it on the following conditions: that if you win you're Labor leader, that if you lose you retire from politics," she told Sky News.

takeway8
26-06-2013, 08:35 PM
There's an unconfirmed report Rudd won