PDA

View Full Version : General talk Could Tony Abbott be the new PM today !!

AHLUNGOR
27-06-2013, 01:40 AM
Well, Julia has lost her job as the PM of Australia , people keep saying Rudd is the new PM, I thought I throw something on to the ring!

The labour was able to form the minority government because because they secured the support of 4 of the 6 independent MPs

Earlier this morning Tony Windsor and Robb Oakeshott both announced that they won't be running in the next election.

And I think they made it quite clear that they made a deal with Julia Gillard to support labour to form government in 2010, but they said they have No deal with Rudd!

So when Parliment resume in the morning, what if Tony Abbott moves for a no confidences vote in the Parliment and Windsor and Oateshott withdraw their support to labour, Tony Abbott could be in a position to form a new government and delay the election until November!

I am no Australian politics experts, but my calculation is the coalition could have the 76 seats needed to form government !

That could be very interesting !!

Not impossible though

Cheers

AHLUNGOR
04-07-2016, 02:05 PM
Well, we all knew the answer to the title question was NO,

But Abbott did win the subsequent election by the landslide, got his well deserved mandate, only to have lost it in the Boardroom to Turnbull, who is now seemingly more likely will need the support of some of the Independent MP's to form a minority government and say his own job.

And the double dissolution he called hoping to stamp out some of the micro party Senators had backfired spectacularly! He even brought back "Please explain" Pauline !!

Now, here is a question to you Malcolm, Please explain how could you get it so horribly Wrong ?? May be you should have offered a job to Peta Credlin just for the election ??

aussiegaigin
04-07-2016, 02:30 PM
Voting in an election is like going to Bunnings.

You stand in a queue, eat a sausage, then come out with a lot of useless tools

AHLUNGOR
04-07-2016, 02:43 PM
Voting in an election is like going to Bunnings.

You stand in a queue, eat a sausage, then come out with a lot of useless tools

Yeap, you can tell me about that !!

My area is a very safe Labour seat, so eventhough I voted for the Liberal candidate and placed the sitting Labour MP last and numbered 1-12 to all the Liberal candidates in the Senate paper, and I saw the result on Saturday night, it made me wonder, why bothered ??

ps. but the real shitty facts of all these are: I actually can't afford any housing in those blue ribbon Liberal areas like the Hills District, Northern Beached or the Easter Suburbs , so WT ??

wilisno
04-07-2016, 03:38 PM
Well, we all knew the answer to the title question was NO,

But Abbott did win the subsequent election by the landslide, got his well deserved mandate, only to have lost it in the Boardroom to Turnbull, who is now seemingly more likely will need the support of some of the Independent MP's to form a minority government and say his own job.

And the double dissolution he called hoping to stamp out some of the micro party Senators had backfired spectacularly! He even brought back "Please explain" Pauline !!

Now, here is a question to you Malcolm, Please explain how could you get it so horribly Wrong ?? May be you should have offered a job to Peta Credlin just for the election ??
Tony Abbott didn't even win it, Labor just lost it in a landslide !

uglyphil
05-07-2016, 02:09 AM

Tony Abbott didn't even win it, Labor just lost it in a landslide !

As wilisno aptly pointed out Abbott DIDN'T win it, Labor lost it - badly. And the ONLY reason that Abbott did win was because he promised to keep the majority of social justice policies originated by the Labor party in place (Gonski, no cuts to healthcare etc etc). Voters recognised that these were (and are) good ideas, but thought the Libs could run them better. Then he changed his tune as soon as he got in.

In other words he lied. About nearly everything.

Which makes the Libs bleating on and on about the dishonesty of the "Medicare scare campaign" in this election so ludicrously hypocritical. Especially as there are strong questions as to whether it was a scare campaign or not, for example if you want to get an sti panel done now, good luck with bulk-billing! (To use an example pertinent to this forum).

You ask what went wrong? That's a simple question to answer. The biggest error was being beholden to the far-right of the party. Simple fact is, the LNP lost NONE of this supposed "base". Where they lost voters was in the centre of politics.

Second biggest error was calling a double dissolution in order to start a building commission (which had already been done), not to get rid of the minor parties in the senate. And then, THEN barely mention this at all in the campaign. If it was so important as to dissolve Parliament, why not use it in the election?

One thing is clear (to anyone other than Bolt and the morons who believe what he writes), if Abbott/Credlin had still been in charge there would not have been a double dissolution and the likes of Pooline and Hinch would not have gotten in BUT the LNP would have lost in a landslide.

CunningLinguist
05-07-2016, 08:47 AM
The erection is well hung!

birch
05-07-2016, 11:08 AM
As wilisno aptly pointed out Abbott DIDN'T win it, Labor lost it - badly. And the ONLY reason that Abbott did win was because he promised to keep the majority of social justice policies originated by the Labor party in place (Gonski, no cuts to healthcare etc etc). Voters recognised that these were (and are) good ideas, but thought the Libs could run them better. Then he changed his tune as soon as he got in.

In other words he lied. About nearly everything.

Which makes the Libs bleating on and on about the dishonesty of the "Medicare scare campaign" in this election so ludicrously hypocritical. Especially as there are strong questions as to whether it was a scare campaign or not, for example if you want to get an sti panel done now, good luck with bulk-billing! (To use an example pertinent to this forum).

You ask what went wrong? That's a simple question to answer. The biggest error was being beholden to the far-right of the party. Simple fact is, the LNP lost NONE of this supposed "base". Where they lost voters was in the centre of politics.

Second biggest error was calling a double dissolution in order to start a building commission (which had already been done), not to get rid of the minor parties in the senate. And then, THEN barely mention this at all in the campaign. If it was so important as to dissolve Parliament, why not use it in the election?

One thing is clear (to anyone other than Bolt and the morons who believe what he writes), if Abbott/Credlin had still been in charge there would not have been a double dissolution and the likes of Pooline and Hinch would not have gotten in BUT the LNP would have lost in a landslide.

Agreed! I think you've nailed the sentiment of a significant proportion of the voting public. Further supported in the Economist this week.

icecool
06-07-2016, 08:19 AM
The election is a waste of money and time . It dosen't matter who win . Nothing is going to change . It is the same old shit . One party promise they will do everything but at the end did nothing . Then the other party take over and did nothing as well so it they just taking turn to run the government with the same result , we still going to have a high foreign debt which costing us $1.3 billion just interest becuase we buy or relied on too many import but not enough export , high housing prices because we allow too many foreign investor who bought our land and rent it out to us . Australia is third world in the making . We be better off having a hung parliament for the next 3 years , then we might done something Good for Australia .

AHLUNGOR
06-07-2016, 09:12 AM
How old is Peter Costello ?? Can he still do something for the country ??

cleetusvandamme
06-07-2016, 02:34 PM
How old is Peter Costello ?? Can he still do something for the country ??

He never did anything before except happen to be treasurer during the mining boom when we had massive revenue coming in which he totally wasted.

birch
07-07-2016, 02:38 PM
The election is a waste of money and time . It dosen't matter who win . Nothing is going to change . It is the same old shit . One party promise they will do everything but at the end did nothing . Then the other party take over and did nothing as well so it they just taking turn to run the government with the same result , we still going to have a high foreign debt which costing us $1.3 billion just interest becuase we buy or relied on too many import but not enough export , high housing prices because we allow too many foreign investor who bought our land and rent it out to us . Australia is third world in the making . We be better off having a hung parliament for the next 3 years , then we might done something Good for Australia .

It'd be a good idea to check your fact's before you rant. There is very little evidence to suggest foreign investment is a significant cause of rising house prices. Several factors are at play in Sydney. These include ( in no specific order) limited supply of land, new road and rail infrastructure for the first time in years, rising urban population, negative gearing.

This is the biggest, most liveable city in our region. That it also has sustained positive growth throughout the gfc makes me not at all surprised that all sorts of prices are rising relatively fast when compared with many other regions and cities.

icecool
08-07-2016, 12:44 AM
Ok. If you think my fact is wrong then prove it to me of how we better than say 5 or 1o years ago . If you think we have shortage of housing due to shortage of land and new road built than why we need let wealth oversea buyer to buy our land and rent it out to us . What is your logics for this ? How long have you being living in Sydney . are you tell me that we are better than we were 10 to 20 yeas ago . Check your facts . We shift most our manufacture to oversea like the closing of car manufacture like ford , Holden and Toyota . And out source our job to oversea . What growth in the gfc we keep selling our nature resource to China and they sell their imports of goods back to us . And our debt is increasing every years . What do you know about negative gearing . If the demand for the housing are so high already why we still to encourage investor to buy it and jack up the housing prices .

birch
08-07-2016, 11:25 AM
Ok. If you think my fact is wrong then prove it to me of how we better than say 5 or 1o years ago . If you think we have shortage of housing due to shortage of land and new road built than why we need let wealth oversea buyer to buy our land and rent it out to us . What is your logics for this ? How long have you being living in Sydney . are you tell me that we are better than we were 10 to 20 yeas ago . Check your facts . We shift most our manufacture to oversea like the closing of car manufacture like ford , Holden and Toyota . And out source our job to oversea . What growth in the gfc we keep selling our nature resource to China and they sell their imports of goods back to us . And our debt is increasing every years . What do you know about negative gearing . If the demand for the housing are so high already why we still to encourage investor to buy it and jack up the housing prices .

There will never be any proof, but the basis of our differing opinions is, it seems where we read our news and gather our evidence. I've been living in Sydney for over 25 years - not that bears any relevance to the discussion. One example of a respected a-political economist is Saul Eastlake and I've found a research paper of his - copied below. There's many more similarly balanced, apolitical research papers if you should choose look for them. Simply listening to mainstream media or politicians won't always give you a very balance view on key issues that affect you. Using scapegoats may make you feel better but they won't help you cope better in an expensive, growing and generally propserous city.

Saul Eslake, economist at Merrill Lynch Australia, says Australians live in some of the world’s most expensive housing both in absolute terms and relative to incomes.

In a research note to clients, he outlines his take on why Australian housing is so relatively expensive:

World-wide, housing tends to be expensive in cities with populations of over 1 million, and a higher proportion of Australians live in such cities than anywhere else except Hong Kong and Singapore;
Because Australian cities cover very large areas but their outer suburbs are often poorly serviced by roads and public transport, Australians have increasingly chosen to spend a higher proportion of their incomes on housing so as to spend a smaller proportion of their time commuting;
Australians tend to live in larger houses or apartments than people in most other countries, something not captured in international comparisons;
Australians are now among the world’s highest income-earners on average and can thus afford to live in more expensive housing;
Unlike the US, Spain or Ireland, but like the UK, Australia has a long-standing physical shortage of housing, relative to the “underlying” demand for it; and
Australia’s tax system plays an unusual role in encouraging individual investment in residential real estate, which serves to inflate housing prices.

icecool
08-07-2016, 01:13 PM
There will never be any proof, but the basis of our differing opinions is, it seems where we read our news and gather our evidence. I've been living in Sydney for over 25 years - not that bears any relevance to the discussion. One example of a respected a-political economist is Saul Eastlake and I've found a research paper of his - copied below. There's many more similarly balanced, apolitical research papers if you should choose look for them. Simply listening to mainstream media or politicians won't always give you a very balance view on key issues that affect you. Using scapegoats may make you feel better but they won't help you cope better in an expensive, growing and generally propserous city.

Saul Eslake, economist at Merrill Lynch Australia, says Australians live in some of the world’s most expensive housing both in absolute terms and relative to incomes.

In a research note to clients, he outlines his take on why Australian housing is so relatively expensive:

World-wide, housing tends to be expensive in cities with populations of over 1 million, and a higher proportion of Australians live in such cities than anywhere else except Hong Kong and Singapore;
Because Australian cities cover very large areas but their outer suburbs are often poorly serviced by roads and public transport, Australians have increasingly chosen to spend a higher proportion of their incomes on housing so as to spend a smaller proportion of their time commuting;
Australians tend to live in larger houses or apartments than people in most other countries, something not captured in international comparisons;
Australians are now among the world’s highest income-earners on average and can thus afford to live in more expensive housing;
Unlike the US, Spain or Ireland, but like the UK, Australia has a long-standing physical shortage of housing, relative to the “underlying” demand for it; and
Australia’s tax system plays an unusual role in encouraging individual investment in residential real estate, which serves to inflate housing prices.
Here is nothing but fact and data
Since 2010, foreign debt has increased by almost $350 billion. And it now represents almost 60% of Australia’s GDP. if it keep going like this , our counrty will be bankrupt like greece and hows this going effects us , it mean more taxes coming our way , it is happening now the govenment has hire more Public Services in the ATO who do nothing but thinking new way to tax us . just from the last couple years , the ATO has Got rid of all tax Rebate in our tax return they do what ever they can to get more taxes from like more tax audits , data matching . higher Penalties and this year our medcare levy has increase from 1.5 to 2.0 meaning we get less tax refund
http://www.dailyreckoning.com.au/what-australias-trillion-dollar-foreign-debt-really-means-cw/2015/09/01/

Xorak
08-07-2016, 04:23 PM
And it looks like the Liberals are going to win again.

Great! Now they can continue to rape Australia of its last remaining resources, fuck our education and social services, keep our internet in the stone age, tank our economy, and still manage to turn a nice little profit for themselves.

:fire:

birch
08-07-2016, 04:46 PM
Here is nothing but fact and data
Since 2010, foreign debt has increased by almost $350 billion. And it now represents almost 60% of Australia’s GDP. if it keep going like this , our counrty will be bankrupt like greece and hows this going effects us , it mean more taxes coming our way , it is happening now the govenment has hire more Public Services in the ATO who do nothing but thinking new way to tax us . just from the last couple years , the ATO has Got rid of all tax Rebate in our tax return they do what ever they can to get more taxes from like more tax audits , data matching . higher Penalties and this year our medcare levy has increase from 1.5 to 2.0 meaning we get less tax refund
http://www.dailyreckoning.com.au/what-australias-trillion-dollar-foreign-debt-really-means-cw/2015/09/01/

The daily reckoning?? are you for real?? The bias you expose yourself to is breathtaking. At least if you're looking for facts about the nation's debt - have a look at the treasury website - after all it is they who issue the debt! Currently national debt is sitting at about 27% of GDP. I agree it's high and the trend is in the wrong direction, but its not a crisis and it won't be solved in a year or two - probably more likely in 5- 10 years.

http://www.aph.gov.au/About_Parliament/Parliamentary_Departments/Parliamentary_Library/FlagPost/2015/April/gov-debt-position

Your original beef was about foreign interests buying Sydney properties at such a rate that it is having an impact on housing affordability. This is simply not true and there's plenty of evidence to show that other factors are far more dominant. Now you're worried about tax - who's advise have you been listening to on this topic? please don't tell me its something as dodgy as the dailyreckoning...

birch
08-07-2016, 04:55 PM
Discussing politics on a sex forum is similar to school kids taking about sports!

I'm trying hard not to discuss politics - but I don't get it when people choose to inform themselves badly and then get all frustrated with what they've 'learnt' to the point they have to have public rants where they sprout off all sorts of misinformation.

birch
08-07-2016, 04:59 PM
Another good explanation of Australia's debt position and why the measure itself is a pretty blunt tool. https://www.theguardian.com/business/grogonomics/2014/jun/09/government-debt-it-all-depends-on-how-you-look-at-it

Xorak
08-07-2016, 05:13 PM
they sprout off all sorts of misinformation.
*spout :cool2:

icecool
08-07-2016, 06:51 PM
I agree we shouldn't talk about politics at a sex forum .
Misinformation I like that word what make you think that all the news on the mass media you read and hear are the real news . Come on you should know better than that . I suppose you think sept11 was real too . Just use your own common sense since you have live here for 25 years . are saying we are much better than we were 25 years ago . The prices for the properties are base on supply and demand . Foreign buyer has no doubt has contributed to the increase of the housing market . If the government stuff up of course they are going cover themselves up with lies and making you believe have debt is good . I don't listen to anybody on advise as I work in the tax fields for the 20 years myself and I make my own judgement base on what i see It is free country and if you think labour or liberal party is going save the county then so be it.

Alan86
09-07-2016, 10:25 AM
As long as that bitch Pauline Hanson doesn't get anywhere, I'm happy!

AHLUNGOR
09-07-2016, 10:58 AM
As long as that bitch Pauline Hanson doesn't get anywhere, I'm happy!

But lots of people have voted for her! We need to respect those voters' view rather than just bash up Hanson, she is not alone obviously !

Alan86
09-07-2016, 11:26 AM
But lots of people have voted for her! We need to respect those voters' view rather than just bash up Hanson, she is not alone obviously !

Pauline Hanson is racist and bigoted and anyone who votes for her is likewise.

AHLUNGOR
09-07-2016, 12:26 PM
Pauline Hanson is racist and bigoted and anyone who votes for her is likewise.

It's a free country and people are entitled to express their personal views as long as it is with respects and not resolved to violence and hate crimes .

I recently was in the light rail on the Gold Coast and this older Aussie gentleman sitting opposite us thought I was a tourist so he was chatting us up in a friendly manner, didn't want to soil it so play along and said yes we were tourists! And he started giving us some history lesson about the Gold Coast in the good old days and now too much development , too many high rises which casting tall big long shadows over many beaches, the Asian tourists are everywhere and everything are a lot more expensive etc etc. he wasn't racist and still has that free spirits of the good old Aussie blokes but he was quite obvious a bit bitter and yet polite and helpful and charming towards some stranger Asian tourist couple!

He probably would have voted for Hanson and I am totally ok with that, he's a good bloke after all.

Just my two cents

Cheers

Alan86
09-07-2016, 03:23 PM
It's a free country and people are entitled to express their personal views as long as it is with respects and not resolved to violence and hate crimes .

I recently was in the light rail on the Gold Coast and this older Aussie gentleman sitting opposite us thought I was a tourist so he was chatting us up in a friendly manner, didn't want to soil it so play along and said yes we were tourists! And he started giving us some history lesson about the Gold Coast in the good old days and now too much development , too many high rises which casting tall big long shadows over many beaches, the Asian tourists are everywhere and everything are a lot more expensive etc etc. he wasn't racist and still has that free spirits of the good old Aussie blokes but he was quite obvious a bit bitter and yet polite and helpful and charming towards some stranger Asian tourist couple!

He probably would have voted for Hanson and I am totally ok with that, he's a good bloke after all.

Just my two cents

Cheers

Pauline Hanson is a person who incites racism, violence and hate crimes. It's because of people like her that Asian people are getting spat on at train stations in Sydney, and Muslim women are being attacked. Did you not see the Cronulla riots?

And as with Donald Trump, she has the audacity to say that she is 'not racist', and people like you believe her.

I have many Asian friends whom I love (including MLs of course) and she deeply offends me in the things she says and insinuates. I believe in multiculturalism and what it brings to our country and enriches our society. We have moved on from the 'white Australia Policy' days like America has moved on from the oppression of black-Americans.

And then she incites religious hatred against Muslim people, to the point of saying she wouldn't sell her house to one - Is this the sort of person we want in our parliament? I have some Muslim friends who are very decent and lovely people, and are not out to 'kill infidels' or 'beat their wives' as she claims! They have peace and respect for fellow Australians!

Ironically, Australia would be a much better place if she was booted out of here.

Alan86
09-07-2016, 03:24 PM

Just my two cents

Cheers

Pauline Hanson is a person who incites racism, violence and hate crimes. It's because of people like her that Asian people are getting spat on at train stations in Sydney, and Muslim women are being attacked. Did you not see the Cronulla riots?

And as with Donald Trump, she has the audacity to say that she is 'not racist', and people like you believe her.

I have many Asian friends whom I love (including MLs of course) and she deeply offends me in the things she says and insinuates. I believe in multiculturalism and what it brings to our country and enriches our society. We have moved on from the 'white Australia Policy' days like America has moved on from the oppression of black-Americans.

And then she incites religious hatred against Muslim people, to the point of saying she wouldn't sell her house to one - Is this the sort of person we want in our parliament? I have some Muslim friends who are very decent and lovely people, and are not out to 'kill infidels' or 'beat their wives' as she claims! They have peace and respect for fellow Australians!

Ironically, Australia would be a much better place if she was booted out of here.

AHLUNGOR
09-07-2016, 04:09 PM
Ahlungor reporting Live from the Granville train station bus stop - buses are replacing all trains to the west today !

It's raining and the buses are very slow, some pushing and shouting is happening between a group of elderly ladies: a couple of silver haired Australian ladies are arguing with three Asian old ladies and those Asian ladies are only talking between themselves in Chinese - sounds like Shanghaiese to me, anyway, I didn't see what happened but one of the Aussie ladies were telling the other public that the Chinese ladies were pushing her and tried to get to the front of the queue!

The Aussie lady said : I am sick of getting pushed by these people don't even speak English , this is my country , you want to come here, learn to speak English, otherwise, go back to where you come from !

Sounds familiar ?

Not passing any judgement here, just reporting word for word what I just saw.

Ahlungor, Aus99 news, Granville, Sydney .

AHLUNGOR
09-07-2016, 04:29 PM

Alan Alan, hold your horses, when did I say I believe in Hanson, I am Chinese too, you will be hard pressed to find one Hanson supporter whose Chinese or Asian !

Please, let me, explain !

While I personally think very little of Hanson and all the BS please explain stuff coming out of her mouth, but this is a free country afterall and people are entitled to express their views and while you and I don't like it, there are unfortunately more than a handful of people who share some or all of her views!

You brought up an interesting comparison with Donald Trump, but he is now in the race to the White House is he not ?? Like him or hate him, some of the stuff he said do have some merits.

One thing we can all agree though, is that everyone are free to speak up and express his or her views , as long as it is with all due respects and not resolving to violences and hate crimes, we really can't shut people off.

God Member
09-07-2016, 05:40 PM
I didn't see what happened but one of the Aussie ladies were telling the other public that the Chinese ladies were pushing her and tried to get to the front of the queue!

The Aussie lady said : I am sick of getting pushed by these people don't even speak English , this is my country , you want to come here, learn to speak English, otherwise, go back to where you come from !

The Chinese ladies might have had bad manners but the response of the white ladies is the sort of intolerance that Hanson spouts, festers and encourages.:bad_egg:

ps. I wonder which is harder to learn - Chinese or English? :question:

Alan86
09-07-2016, 05:45 PM
Alan Alan, hold your horses, when did I say I believe in Hanson, I am Chinese too, you will be hard pressed to find one Hanson supporter whose Chinese or Asian !

Please, let me, explain !

While I personally think very little of Hanson and all the BS please explain stuff coming out of her mouth, but this is a free country afterall and people are entitled to express their views and while you and I don't like it, there are unfortunately more than a handful of people who share some or all of her views!

You brought up an interesting comparison with Donald Trump, but he is now in the race to the White House is he not ?? Like him or hate him, some of the stuff he said do have some merits.

One thing we can all agree though, is that everyone are free to speak up and express his or her views , as long as it is with all due respects and not resolving to violences and hate crimes, we really can't shut people off.

Ok, this is getting into a different topic - the debate on free speech vs the laws regarding racial and religious vilification and hate speech.

I'll leave this for another day. Got to go for now.

Enjoy your Saturday night!

rooter
09-07-2016, 06:46 PM
Whoever wins the election we will still wake up tomorrow morning living in a fucking awesome country.
Not perfect, and some things to fix, but still fucking awesome!
Lets face it most of the world is undemocratic, or poor, or polluted, or overcrowded, or war torn, or ruled by oppressive regimes, or all or some of the above.
Even if you are poor in Australia you still have more freedom and a higher standard of living, and better access to health care education etc than 80% of the world.
All of Africa, most of Asia, most of South/Latin America, all of the Middle East, most of Eastern Europe is a horrible place to live.
Basically Australia, most of Western Europe, North America, a few countries in Asia, and a few cities in Latin/South America are the only liveable places on the planet.
If you were born here or have achieved permanent residence or citizenship here consider yourself extremely lucky and blessed!
Australia you fucking beauty!

wilisno
09-07-2016, 06:53 PM
Whoever wins the election we will still wake up tomorrow morning living in a fucking awesome country.
Not perfect, and some things to fix, but still fucking awesome!
Lets face it most of the world is undemocratic, or poor, or polluted, or overcrowded, or war torn, or ruled by oppressive regimes, or all or some of the above.
Even if you are poor in Australia you still have more freedom and a higher standard of living, and better access to health care education etc than 80% of the world.
All of Africa, most of Asia, most of South/Latin America, all of the Middle East, most of Eastern Europe is a horrible place to live.
Basically Australia, most of Western Europe, North America, a few countries in Asia, and a few cities in Latin/South America are the only liveable places on the planet.
If you were born here or have achieved permanent residence or citizenship here consider yourself extremely lucky and blessed!
Australia you fucking beauty!
Like ! ;) ;) ;)

otokosg
09-07-2016, 11:31 PM
The rise of P.H is alarming

AHLUNGOR
10-07-2016, 12:22 AM
The Chinese ladies might have had bad manners but the response of the white ladies is the sort of intolerance that Hanson spouts, festers and encourages.:bad_egg:

ps. I wonder which is harder to learn - Chinese or English? :question:

How about just a little bit of common courtesy, respects and considerations for others ?

uglyphil
11-07-2016, 11:13 PM
How about just a little bit of common courtesy, respects and considerations for others ?

Yep. Wouldn't it be wonderful if Pauline showed some?

But no, idiots reward her atrocious behaviour instead.

Mind you, it needs to be noted that not many idiots did that. Nationwide she and her ugly party have only garnered less than 5% of the vote. It is heartening to realise that the VAST majority of voters (even those who voted against the two major parties) were in favour of centre candidates. It is really only the nutbags that make up Queensland that have meant she has had any success at all. And even then, it is less than 10%, which means 90% are relatively stable thinkers ;)

Unfortunately, the media are blowing her "success" out of all proportion as they know this will get them clickbait. I just wish they reported her actual ability to get anything accomplished (zero).

I believe that the wins by Linda Burney and Anne Aly are FAR more noteworthy AND meaningful.

AHLUNGOR
18-07-2016, 11:01 PM
Anyone watching QandA on ABC ?

Lots of the minor party senators are on including Pauline Hanson who just turned down an invitation to have lunch with a Muslim family , correction, she finally said, call my office and arrange it and see what happens !

But what I want to say is: check out this Green Senator Larrisa Waters, never even heard of her before but she looks like a good sort !!

SpankyTheMonkey
19-07-2016, 04:49 PM
Talk about keeping the eye on the prize! Hahahah

I wouldn't mind diving into her waters. Pretty sure it would be all-natural, no additives. Lol

But what I want to say is: check out this Green Senator Larrisa Waters, never even heard of her before but she looks like a good sort !!