PDA

View Full Version : General talk Mobile phone problem

plonkey
02-07-2013, 12:47 AM
I have an old mobile phone (18mths old) that I dont use any more. I was thinking of getting a sim card for it to use for my punting phone calls instead of using my regular phone. CAn I just go to a corner shop or service station and buy a starter pack and a recharge credit and stick the sim in the phone and it works?? I dont want to use a credit card . Any help would be greafully appreciated.

Nejums
02-07-2013, 12:55 AM
Make sure your phone is unlocked if you plan on using a different telco. Otherwise it should be as simple as putting in a new sim.

LeiLoDao
02-07-2013, 01:11 AM
you can go to big w or kmart buy a nokia phone that takes dual simcard and unlocked for $39

aussiegaigin
02-07-2013, 07:07 AM
I have an old mobile phone (18mths old) that I dont use any more. I was thinking of getting a sim card for it to use for my punting phone calls instead of using my regular phone. CAn I just go to a corner shop or service station and buy a starter pack and a recharge credit and stick the sim in the phone and it works?? I dont want to use a credit card . Any help would be greafully appreciated.
Yes.

You do have to register the SIM card with the telco, but you just buy "recharge" cards when your credit expires. Aldi probably has the best deal, a recharge is good for 12 months. The big telcos often only give you 30 days. Hello and some of the others give 3 months.

plonkey
02-07-2013, 02:29 PM
Yes.

You do have to register the SIM card with the telco, but you just buy "recharge" cards when your credit expires. Aldi probably has the best deal, a recharge is good for 12 months. The big telcos often only give you 30 days. Hello and some of the others give 3 months.

So is there an actual credit card fee? Trying to keep unnecessary charges off the credit card..

aussiegaigin
02-07-2013, 09:06 PM
No credit card. You can pay cash for the SIM and cash for the recharges. You dont have 'to pay anything direct to the telco, you just give them your details.

plonkey
03-07-2013, 12:20 AM
So I can just go to a 7 11 and buy one of those $2 sim card things and a recharge docket over the counter and then ring the telco and tell them who I am?

tonyphil55
03-07-2013, 09:34 AM
So I can just go to a 7 11 and buy one of those $2 sim card things and a recharge docket over the counter and then ring the telco and tell them who I am?

You don't even have to ring you can do it online