PDA

View Full Version : General talk If anyone who said test cricket is boring, watch the Ashes now !!

Pages : [1] 2 3

AHLUNGOR
11-07-2013, 11:48 PM
For a mad NRL fans to skip the Game Plan and the Footy Show pre-Origin Decider and watch the Ashes, you know how good the cricket is !!

Day 1, 14 wicket falling, Siddle taking 5 wickets! And bowled England out for 215!

I thought the Aussie are well on top, a few centuries from Watson, Clarkey and Co will just about wrap up the first test, then we lost 4 wickets including the captain, I thought no shit. !

The morning started off well, Smith made 50, looking good, then all of a sudden we lost 5 wickets in quick time 117-9, the first innings looks all over, in come the 19 year old Ashton Agar on debut ! History is rewritten and records are tumbling all around him!

At lunch, we are leading by 14. Both Agar and Hughes made half century and 100+ runs 10th Wicket partnership will give the Aussie a huge morale boost and now we have momentum.

Agar, Agar, Agar

Oi, Oi, Oi

Win this first test for us mate !

Cheers

Punter Poontang
12-07-2013, 12:10 AM
Legend, should replace Cowan at #3 in the 2nd test. :-P

AHLUNGOR
12-07-2013, 12:21 AM
Legend, should replace Cowan at #3 in the 2nd test. :-P

The 129 partnership is the highest ever 10th wicket partnership ever by an Australian team !

AHLUNGOR
12-07-2013, 12:42 AM
The 154 is now a new world record for 10th wicket partnership in a test match!!

Well done guys!

Keep going!!

Cheers

AHLUNGOR
12-07-2013, 12:48 AM
96 is now a new world record for a no 11th batsman in a test match !!

Punter Poontang
12-07-2013, 12:58 AM
Caught in the deep on 98, going for glory.

Gutted for the bloke. :-(

AHLUNGOR
12-07-2013, 12:59 AM
Well, no century for the new kid!

But what a debut and such a fairytale ! And his parents and two younger brothers were there to share it, absolute gold and heart warming stuff !!

But 98 is a new world record for a no 11 batsman in a test match! And gives Australia an unlikely lead of 65 runs in the first innings .

C'mon Aussie, we can win this !!

Cheers

Punter Poontang
12-07-2013, 01:44 AM
Lol at the 3rd umpire, Trott got a clear inside edge on that but he's still been given LBW.

We'll take it though. :-)

AHLUNGOR
12-07-2013, 01:47 AM
Lol at the 3rd umpire, Trott got a clear inside edge on that but he's still been given LBW.

Starc is 2 for 2, looking good. That 65 runs first innings lead is looking very handy !!

C'mon, give the ball to Ashton !!

Mr Crash and Burn
12-07-2013, 01:48 AM
this match is unbelievable!!!!!

Mr Crash and Burn
12-07-2013, 01:49 AM
Hey punter....where was that clear edge...wallah

AHLUNGOR
12-07-2013, 01:52 AM

I think the on field empire probably got it right and he throw his hands up when the decision was overturned!

But there was no hot spot showing on the bat, so hey, which side are you on??

We'll take that !!

Punter Poontang
12-07-2013, 02:01 AM
Hey punter....where was that clear edge...wallah

Clear deviation on the slow mo replay as it went past the bat, before hitting the pad. But the side on hotspot cam had some "technical difficulty" and Trott had turned his bat in the follow through so that edge was facing away from the front on hotspot cam and not detected.

As I said, happy to take it, but very harsh call.

AHLUNGOR
12-07-2013, 02:22 AM
OK, pay attention 007!

Young Agar has the ball !!

AHLUNGOR
12-07-2013, 03:58 PM
As much as the whole nation is singing the praise on young Agar's amazing batting efforts on debut.

Full credit must also be given to the national selectors and the new coach Lehmann for putting Ashton there in the first place.

The rest, well, it's cricket history which won't be forgotton any time soon!

Now we just need to see Ashton take some wickets tonight !!

Wicket on Cook, Broad and Swann will be sweet revenge in denying him his maiden test century this morning。

Go Ashton !

Cheers

Oneonone
12-07-2013, 05:25 PM
Well at last we now have 2 batsmen so time to get rid of some of the other dead wood and give the young blokes a go!

We need to bowl line and length if we are going to have a chance.

Good on you young fella Go Aussie Go!

AHLUNGOR
12-07-2013, 11:27 PM
Well, the Agar show continues!!

Fancy taking your first ever test wicket courtesy of the England Captain Alastair Cook who just made half century ! And it also takes your own captain Michael Clarke to jump and takes a brilliant one hand catch!!

Absolutely fantastic!!

Stay up and cheer our team to victory people !!

Aussie Aussie Aussie

Oi Oi Oi

Cheers

rooter
12-07-2013, 11:56 PM
The best thing about this coverage of the Ashes is the English commentary team.
The English are the best commentators, especially for cricket and football.
Michael Holding's Jamaican accent is awesome too! - makes you want to roll up a big spliff and chill out!

AHLUNGOR
13-07-2013, 12:19 AM
Michael Holding's Jamaican accent is awesome too! - makes you want to roll up a big spliff and chill out!

I always like the pommy accent!

Jim Maxwell on ABC is pretty good too!

On that basis. Don't mind a bit of Indian accent either!!

Cheers

AHLUNGOR
13-07-2013, 12:21 AM
One more wicket for young Agar !!

Now he is slowly delivering what he was brought in to the side to do: take wickets !!

And the 98 yesterday ! Well, that's just a little bonus........haha

Cheers

Punter Poontang
13-07-2013, 01:20 AM

I've been close to turning the sound down tbh, they're all shitting me. Would much prefer if Channel 9 ponied up to send Richie & Bill over there.

AHLUNGOR
13-07-2013, 01:23 AM
Six down! Four to go !

Just get rid of Ian Bell and we are on to the tail enders!

C'mon boys !!

I like to see Watson to open and make 50 tonight !!

Cheers

Punter Poontang
13-07-2013, 03:29 AM
Get fucked you blind Paki bastard .... horrible decision from the ump, and Broad needs to be smacked upside his head for not walking.

Cheating cunts the both of them.

AHLUNGOR
13-07-2013, 03:33 AM
Get fucked you blind Paki bastard .... horrible decision from the ump, and Broad needs to be smacked upside his head for not walking.

Cheating cunts the both of them.

That was such a big nick! How could the umpire not sees it !!

I was just about to type a post that Agar has got his revenge as he just got the wicket of Broad who ruined his maiden century, bloody hell !!

Don't give up boys, hang in there and break the damn partnership !!

AHLUNGOR
13-07-2013, 03:40 AM
Well, if we don't get these two out quickly, they are going to do a Hughes/Agar to us like what we did to them last night !!

AHLUNGOR
13-07-2013, 04:12 AM
BTW, is anyone switching between cricket and Pop Asia from SBS 2 ??

I can't help it when I look at all those Korean girls I will be thinking about the line ups in a Korean shop !!

May be its just me

Cheers

Punter Poontang
13-07-2013, 10:29 PM
So, 311 needed to win it. Poms have gotta be favourites from here considering how many times our top order has failed recently, but it's certainly not an impossible ask.

Just hope our boys preserve their wickets as the first priority. No need to take any risks chasing that total down, loads of time if we're not throwing wickets away.

asiafever
13-07-2013, 10:57 PM
BTW, is anyone switching between cricket and Pop Asia from SBS 2 ??

I can't help it when I look at all those Korean girls I will be thinking about the line ups in a Korean shop !!

May be its just me

Cheers

Nope, not just you. My favourite is Girls Generation "paparazzi", man that film clip gets me licking paint off the walls..

But no not watching now, I only get my k-pop fill when I have dinner in Eastwood or Strathfield...

asiafever
13-07-2013, 10:59 PM
So, 311 needed to win it. Poms have gotta be favourites from here considering how many times our top order has failed recently, but it's certainly not an impossible ask.

Just hope our boys preserve their wickets as the first priority. No need to take any risks chasing that total down, loads of time if we're not throwing wickets away.

Not impossible as long as they don't go about playing stupid shots. Having said that our top order is brittle so it's a big ask to set a ground record run chase..

AHLUNGOR
14-07-2013, 02:04 AM

Well the chase is on !

It's basically 200 to win with 8 wickets in hand!

Both the openers are doing OK, Rogers is still there, if he and Clarkey can bat out the last session we can win this tomorrow!

Ed Cowan must be dropped and let Warner back in for the second test !!

The formula is simple if either Clarke or Rogers can make a Ton. We shall win !!

The top and middle order must stand up, I don't think we can rely on another Hughes/Agar partnership again......lol

Go Aussie

Oi Oi Oi

AHLUNGOR
14-07-2013, 03:41 AM
Shit !

The Captain is gone !

150 more runs needed!

England on a hat trick , 5 wickets left, can anyone from the team stand up to the Pommy attack ??

AHLUNGOR
14-07-2013, 04:35 AM
OK Haddin and Agar survived the session, 137 is not a huge total to chase down if only we have a few more wickets in hand!

Well, we can win this with a 137 runs partnership or England will bowl us out in the morning session.

Or we can pray for a rain delay and save a draw out of the first test !

This is gonna be tough !

Good night !

Punter Poontang
14-07-2013, 04:54 AM
I swear, if Clarkey selfishly wastes another DRS review trying to save his own arse instead of doing what's best for the team, I will fly to Lords and stab him to death with a stump.

A-grade fucking arrogant wanker.

Big, big day tomorrow. At least the tail have had plenty of practice after top order collapses, would love it if Agar can stick about to the end!!

AHLUNGOR
14-07-2013, 05:11 AM
Big, big day tomorrow. At least the tail have had plenty of practice after top order collapses, would love it if Agar can stick about to the end!!

You are not wrong there, we know Haddin can bat, just don't know if he can defense all the England bowlers long enough to make enough runs, same for Agar, wouldn't that be nice if he top score in the second innings as well.

But the tail Enders can score some runs too, Starc had a 99 and average 32! Pattinson has a 42 and average 28!

If they all chip in and contribute their average runs, we can still win this, don't give up your wicket so cheaply guys!!

Cheers

asiafever
14-07-2013, 07:48 AM
Don't forget siddle can bat too...

Oneonone
14-07-2013, 10:06 AM
Well I would love to see the Aussies get up but to be fair they have been out played in every aspect of the game. we cant expect Agar to save us again and he doesn't have a batsman with him now.

What's Cowan doing in the side he has no idea how to bat! Some of the others aren't much better we had almost 2 days to bat for 311 runs where are the basics play straight particularly when the ball is pitched up. This is the 2nd thing you tell a kid the first thing is how to hold the bat.

Mind you the bowling isn't much better you have two hours before the game to warm up you know your going to bowl the first ball is so high and wide the wicket keep can't even reach it. I have coached kids from 6 upwards and never seen one bowl a ball that bad what are they doing or thinking their mind is not on the job.

Ah well it will be all over by lunch and another loss and from here on we won't even get a look in.

Punter Poontang
14-07-2013, 12:10 PM
Ah well it will be all over by lunch and another loss and from here on we won't even get a look in.

That's the worrying thing, this match is so winnable and they haven't done much. If we can't chase down 311, in two days, on the most docile pitch in test history, we'll have thrown it away and the series will be gone ..... no way we will be in a position to win another two tests as comfortably, and any confidence we had will take a battering. Simply have to win this one tonight.

AHLUNGOR
14-07-2013, 12:46 PM
Just a wild shot in the dark, can we say for example Pattison is sick and can't bat and throw David Warner in at no. 9 instead ??

He was on the field as a fielder in the first innings so apparently he is allowed to be there just wasn't picked !!

What do you guys think? If he survives the first few overs, he can score 50 in very quick time !!

That could be enough to win and exactly what we need right now - a huge weapon !

Cheers

AHLUNGOR
14-07-2013, 12:51 PM
Just one other thing, I think the England bowling attack is far more superior than ours. Anderson and Swann are so dangerous and experienced and probably at the peak of their career while most of our boys are just starting!

And the scary thing is they still have a bowler like Bresnan sitting on the bench !!

asiafever
14-07-2013, 12:56 PM
No you can't 'sub' players. Even if a player literally dies mid-test you must bat without them. 12th men are only allowed to field, no bowling or batting.

bbbandit
14-07-2013, 06:52 PM
That's the worrying thing, this match is so winnable and they haven't done much. If we can't chase down 311, in two days, on the most docile pitch in test history, we'll have thrown it away and the series will be gone ..... no way we will be in a position to win another two tests as comfortably, and any confidence we had will take a battering. Simply have to win this one tonight.

Not sure the pitch is as docile as you say. Its definitely slow, but looks to be a bit up and down. Might crumble some more today and help Swann. The top came off a few deliveries yesterday around the footmarks.

I think Australia will struggle... even with some more Agar heroics, at 174/6, 311 is a long, long way away!

pepefirstlove
14-07-2013, 09:53 PM
206/6 now. Need 105 runs to win. Great start hope I don't jinx ^_^

pepefirstlove
14-07-2013, 09:59 PM
@#&* Damn the pom got a wicket :-[

AHLUNGOR
14-07-2013, 11:13 PM
29 to win !!

Punter Poontang
14-07-2013, 11:18 PM
This is excruciating, can hardly watch.

C'mon boys!!!

AHLUNGOR
14-07-2013, 11:24 PM
22 more boys !

AHLUNGOR
14-07-2013, 11:29 PM
Broad is a pig, first he won't walk, now he is time wasting !!

pepefirstlove
14-07-2013, 11:33 PM
How long is lunch? I'm not a cricket fan.. But this is one epic test match.

asiafever
14-07-2013, 11:36 PM
40 mins for lunch.

AHLUNGOR
14-07-2013, 11:38 PM
What a morning session for Brad Haddin, 69 and going strong!

20 more runs to win!!

If we only have one more wicket in hand, we will be odds on to take this.

Now I think it's even money!

Can we hang on for another 4 to 5 good overs with runs before England can bowl that one good ball !

Nobody is leaving !!

Go boys ! Make your country proud !!

AHLUNGOR
15-07-2013, 12:08 AM
This is it!

Here we go !

AHLUNGOR
15-07-2013, 12:18 AM
15 to win !

Haddin keeps the strike !

AHLUNGOR
15-07-2013, 12:26 AM
Bloody DRS !!

Just 14 runs short!

Great effort boys, you have done what you can and fight bravely to the end!

Lets do better at Lords !

James Anderson 10 wickets simply too good!

Cheers

Punter Poontang
15-07-2013, 12:30 AM
Ugh. We needed to knock those runs off before lunch, was always gonna be hard to go again after the break.

Genuinely fear that's as close as we'll get to them throughout the series. :-(

AHLUNGOR
15-07-2013, 12:31 AM
Just one more point, we are competitive in both innings and it will do our young boys no harm to their confidence !

How good is our 10th wicket partnership in both innings !!

If only that lunch break was another half an hour later !!

Oneonone
15-07-2013, 09:40 AM
Two innings and both times the so called tail a non batsman top scored. We need a decent batsman the ones we got are useless.

Clarke Hopeless, Watson playing across the line first ball after a break they just have no idea no dedication or commitment and the less said about the others the better.

Irene638
15-07-2013, 10:50 AM
Two innings and both times the so called tail a non batsman top scored. We need a decent batsman the ones we got are useless.

Clarke Hopeless, Watson playing across the line first ball after a break they just have no idea no dedication or commitment and the less said about the others the better.

I Must agreed with you there Bro. Our batmans should go back and learn how to bat with our bowlers. Look at Agar, he knew exactly what he wanted to do every ball and play with full of confident for both innings.

In MHO, they must drop Ed Cowan, keep the same bowlers and put Warner at number 5 or 6 push Michael Clarke in number 3 and move Agar to number 8 or 9.

We need a game changer such as Adam Gilchrist and David Warner is capable of doing that.

Travelmate
15-07-2013, 10:56 AM
I Must agreed with you there Bro. Our batmans should go back and learn how to bat with our bowlers. Look at Agar, he knew exactly what he wanted to do every ball and play with full of confident for both innings.

In MHO, they must drop Ed Cowan, keep the same bowlers and put Warner at number 5 or 6 push Michael Clarke in number 3 and move Agar to number 8 or 9.

We need a game changer such as Adam Gilchrist and David Warner is capable of doing that.

I am a devil. paying $1.75 for Australia to lose is a good outcome for me.
They need 20 runs to win and blow it last night

AHLUNGOR
15-07-2013, 11:34 AM
I am a devil. paying $1.75 for Australia to lose is a good outcome for me.
They need 20 runs to win and blow it last night

No, you are not a devil, you are a traitor !! But nevertheless a very smart gambler, may be that's why you always win and I always lost ! (just look at where the Brisbane Broncos is at the ladder !!)

But then again, my bet @$3.65 for an Aussie win was only 14 runs away !! It was so close, I thought my rocket to the Moon could finally cum off !!

I hope Queensland will put me back in front on Wednesday night !!

Cheers

:fire:

AHLUNGOR
15-07-2013, 11:46 AM

Well, I have been a long time Clarkey fans, so I am not ready to give up on the Captain yet, but he needs a big century very quickly to restort some respects back into the batting line up.

I think we had lost the first test in the first innings:

Even when our bowlers had restricted England to only 215, our batsmen let us down!

A team who batted like this really don't deserved to win any test:

Cowan 0
Clarke 0
Haddin 1
Siddle 1
Starc 0
Pattison 2 !!!!!!

We were 9 for bloody hell 117 - what were they thinking !!

From there, the feel good story started to happen, the Agar and Hughes show was fairytale stuff, which put us right back on top.

From then on, we have plenty of chances to street away and win the test comfortably but we only have some individual fighting spirits in some of us, as a team, we are way behind England. Clarke had made some terrible decision with the review - in comparison to Cook's match winning review !!

Then we have the Broad - not walking (with no review left !!), dropping of Bell, and ............... well, too many to recall anyway.

Yeap, I agree, drop Cowan, bring Warner back into the side, he can provide some X factor in the middle order, and DON'T GIVE UP !!

Cheers

:smile:

AHLUNGOR
15-07-2013, 11:53 AM
Well, we have to wait another three sleeps before we can get to Lords, maybe we should check out all the WAGs from the England side:

You see, this is a punting forum afterall, and there are people saying that we shouldn't be talking about Cricket and Rugby League and SOO stuff here, so let's look at some chicks so that we all know who will be sucking those pommy cocks from the winning side !!

First up the Captain, Alastair Cook

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-FduOndmjAxU/TeNq9Hog1-I/AAAAAAAALLI/DNdxWqX659I/s400/alastair+cook+girlfriend%25283%2529.jpg

Public enemy no. 1 Stuart Broad:

http://blog.buzzintown.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/02/Kacey-Barnfield-Stuart2.jpg

http://blog.buzzintown.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/02/Kacey-Barnfield.jpg

Kevin Pieterson:

http://blog.buzzintown.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/02/Jessica-Taylor-Peterson.jpg

Ian Bell:

http://resources3.news.com.au/images/2010/12/20/1225974/050271-ian-bell.jpg

Jimmy Anderson:

http://shinymedia.blogs.com/.m/photos/uncategorized/yowzers.jpg

Irene638
15-07-2013, 12:01 PM
Well, I have been a long time Clarkey fans, so I am not ready to give up on the Captain yet, but he needs a big century very quickly to restort some respects back into the batting line up.

I think we had lost the first test in the first innings:

Even when our bowlers had restricted England to only 215, our batsmen let us down!

A team who batted like this really don't deserved to win any test:

Cowan 0
Clarke 0
Haddin 1
Siddle 1
Starc 0
Pattison 2 !!!!!!

We were 9 for bloody hell 117 - what were they thinking !!

From there, the feel good story started to happen, the Agar and Hughes show was fairytale stuff, which put us right back on top.

From then on, we have plenty of chances to street away and win the test comfortably but we only have some individual fighting spirits in some of us, as a team, we are way behind England. Clarke had made some terrible decision with the review - in comparison to Cook's match winning review !!

Then we have the Broad - not walking (with no review left !!), dropping of Bell, and ............... well, too many to recall anyway.

Yeap, I agree, drop Cowan, bring Warner back into the side, he can provide some X factor in the middle order, and DON'T GIVE UP !!

Cheers

Not only that we did not bat well, I felt like we play against 13 or 14 men (incl the 3 umpire). How can they miss the Broad's nick. That's is the worst decision of Test cricket ever. We have go 4 or 5 decisions against us and all at the crucial period of the game.

One more thing, I would be interested to see How England is going win any test without James Anderson at the moment.

Can't wait for the 2nd Test, start this Thursday.

Cheers

By the way, Go the Blue.

AHLUNGOR
15-07-2013, 12:02 PM
Ever wonder what the England boys are doing in their bonking session, oh, sorry, bonding sessions !!

http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m6sqi3u9i11r0ixmfo1_400.jpg

Irene638
15-07-2013, 12:19 PM
Ever wonder what the England boys are doing in their bonking session, oh, sorry, bonding sessions !!

http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m6sqi3u9i11r0ixmfo1_400.jpg

Ha.Ha. You are funny man. That is exactly what they doing in the bonding session, They bond to each other.

AHLUNGOR
15-07-2013, 12:23 PM
Ha.Ha. You are funny man. That is exactly what they doing in the bonding session, They bond to each other.

It's a fake photo of course, but when I saw it, I have to share it !!

:cool2:

AHLUNGOR
15-07-2013, 01:03 PM
But then again, my bet @$3.65 for an Aussie win was only 14 runs away !! It was so close, I thought my rocket to the Moon could finally cum off !!

Cheers

:fire:

Haha, just found out my bet on Australia to win the first test has been refunded by Sportsbet !!

Sportsbet called it a "Justice Refund" because they felt that we should have won the test, what a great PR promotion, they do this from time to time !!

So, without any hesitation, put it all back on the second test @$4.00 - may be I am destine to see Moon next week...............lol

Cheers

AHLUNGOR
18-07-2013, 04:50 PM
Hi guys,

It's on again tonight, the second Ashes test at Lords!!

Starc and Cowan are out to make way for Khawaja and Harris, would that be good enough for Australia to turn the table on England ??

Go Aussie, must win the second test to stay live, 2 down will be a bridge too far !!

It's time for either Michael Clarke and Shane Watson to stand up and make a ton !!

Cheers

:shout:

asiafever
18-07-2013, 04:59 PM
Good choices. Harris when fit is a match winner and khawaja has the technique to make it. It should be a good match

AHLUNGOR
18-07-2013, 05:03 PM
Good choices. Harris when fit is a match winner and khawaja has the technique to make it. It should be a good match

Well, my last bet on the Aussie to win was refunded by Sportsbet as a "Justice Refund" and I put them all back on the Aussie to win test 2 @$4.00, I think that's a good price considering we only lost by 14 runs ! And even if the test ends in a draw, I'll get my money back, why not!!

Irene638
18-07-2013, 05:23 PM
Well Harris is a very swing bowler, but I would rather go with Starc to have more variety.

So now we have 3 right arm bowlers with very similar style.

Anyway, good luck to the Aussie and all the punters that stick to the Aussie (put money on the Aussie) as I am not gambling.

Punter Poontang
18-07-2013, 05:47 PM
Pattinson should've been the one to make way for Harris, not Starc. :-(

asiafever
18-07-2013, 05:59 PM
Pattinson, Siddle and Harris are very different. Harris could have been a 300+ wicket taker if not for injuries, if the pitch has juice for Anderson, Harris will tear them apart. Pattinson has the height and speed as well as a bit of away movement, and Siddle is a workhorse who now that he has his line back creates chances. Starc is a bit unlucky but apart from one or two spells he rarely looked really threatening in the first test. He's a real talent who needs a couple of extra strings in his bow. And when Cummins gets fit he too will be dynamic.

AHLUNGOR
18-07-2013, 11:35 PM
Meeting the Queen at Lords!

Now that's a cricketers dream, it's great to see the old lady greeted and shaked hands with all the players, how good was that for 19 yr old Agar!!

I just knew back then that Australia will do well !!

3 early wickets have set us on the right foot, we just need to carry on and take 7 more wickets on the first day!

If Australia is batting tonight, we shall win this second test !!

So Aussie !

ALittleToTheLeft
18-07-2013, 11:46 PM
Harris the man!!

AHLUNGOR
19-07-2013, 12:07 AM
Back from lunch, this pair of Bell and Trott are upping the run rate, we need to break this partnership ASAP !

Go boys !

AHLUNGOR
19-07-2013, 12:36 AM
Harris the man!!

Yeap, Harris strikes again!! 3 wickets now !!

The two new subs combined to get Trott out ! Khawaja takes a great outfield catch !!

Bell will be next !!

Go Aussie !

AHLUNGOR
19-07-2013, 01:43 AM
Fuck !!

Siddle clean bowled Bairstow and his bloody foot was on the line, no ball !!

AHLUNGOR
19-07-2013, 09:38 AM
Well, 7 for 289 is not too bad, we had regained some momentum back in the last session when Steve Smith took 3/18 !

Those Bell,

AHLUNGOR
19-07-2013, 09:41 AM
Well, 7 for 289 is not too bad, we had regained some momentum back in the last session when Steve Smith took 3/18 !

Those Bell, Bairstow and Prior were really huge wickets, now we just have to clean up the tails and put 400/500 runs on the broad!

Who will be Australia first centurion in this Ashes series??

Hopefully more than one top order will stand up and make some big scores !!

Go Aussie !

Irene638
19-07-2013, 10:16 AM
I have been said this to my work mate that Steve Smith will be the next Shane Warne and Australian Captain.

Just give him more time and he will repay you.

Go Smith & Aussie.

asiafever
19-07-2013, 12:21 PM
Batsmen need to step up, big time. Watson, Rogers, Clarke, Hughes all need to get decent scores. Particularly Watson, to be honest I am not sure how he's been allowed to be so mediocre for so long.
Harris did as expected, good bowler. Patto and Siddle disappointing, Smith a wonderful surprise. He's not a great bowler, but he's starting to prove handy. Need to finish them off under 300-320 and build a lead, not try to score off every ball but wear their bowlers down, make them bowl to us, punish crap balls etc.

AHLUNGOR
19-07-2013, 01:35 PM
Batsmen need to step up, big time. Watson, Rogers, Clarke, Hughes all need to get decent scores. Particularly Watson, to be honest I am not sure how he's been allowed to be so mediocre for so long.
Harris did as expected, good bowler. Patto and Siddle disappointing, Smith a wonderful surprise. He's not a great bowler, but he's starting to prove handy. Need to finish them off under 300-320 and build a lead, not try to score off every ball but wear their bowlers down, make them bowl to us, punish crap balls etc.

Yeap, 320 should be the target and then we need to put on 500! ourselves, it's about bloody time!!

We need to Ian Bell England !!

So Aussie !

AHLUNGOR
19-07-2013, 01:55 PM
I take a quick look at Michael Clarke's batting records in England, he has played in 17 innings with an average of 46.06; with 2 centuries and 4 half centuries.

He played 4 innings at Lords: 11 & 91 and 1 & 136, with an average of 59.75 - that 136 at Lords was also his highest score playing against England in England.

So Michael Clarke should do well at Lords - If History, statistics and batting average means anything in Test Cricket !!

Go Clarkey !!

AHLUNGOR
19-07-2013, 11:57 PM
Bloody Shane Watson, wasted another review! Then Rogers unselfishly didn't review his call but should have, now both openers are gone cheaply!

Can anyone from 3 to 6 please stand up and make a ton ??

C'mon Aussie c'mon !

AHLUNGOR
20-07-2013, 12:07 AM
Hughes gone for 1 !!

No more review left!

Can the Captain make a stand and dig in ??

AHLUNGOR
20-07-2013, 12:36 AM
Khawaja lost his patient and played a rush high shot and got caught in the outfield. Gone for 14 !

Steve Smith now batting with Clarkey, c'mon guys, just hang in there!!

AHLUNGOR
20-07-2013, 12:58 AM
Smith is gone for 2 !!

Gloved a Swann swinger and got caught by Bell !

Now it's up to the Captain and vice captain !!

86 for 5, we are in deep shit !!

AHLUNGOR
20-07-2013, 01:05 AM
Bloody hell, what's going on man!

The wickets are falling quicker than I can post!

Clarke is gone for 28, not happy Jane !!

The wonder kid Agar is back !

AHLUNGOR
20-07-2013, 02:19 AM
We are going to lose by an inning now !

AHLUNGOR
20-07-2013, 02:30 AM
Well, we can't win this now ! Just playing for some pride !!

Need 49 more runs to avoid a follow on !

Iloveasian
20-07-2013, 03:19 AM
England won't force follow on they will bat

Well, we can't win this now ! Just playing for some pride !!

Need 49 more runs to avoid a follow on !

AHLUNGOR
20-07-2013, 06:36 AM
England won't force follow on they will bat

At 3-31, we are still in this, can we get England all out inside 100 tomorrow ?

AHLUNGOR
21-07-2013, 03:51 AM
Is there any one still watching the crickets??

Feel sorry for the boys getting smashed around by the English batsmen !

And no sign of Alastair Cook declaring, they are going to bat the Aussies into the ground and destroy whatever confidence or self believe they may still have so that they can't recover from this batting lesson from the opener RIOT oh was it ROOT !!!

Is there an option to throw in the towel ??

Oneonone
21-07-2013, 09:14 AM
Is there any one still watching the crickets??

Feel sorry for the boys getting smashed around by the English batsmen !

And no sign of Alastair Cook declaring, they are going to bat the Aussies into the ground and destroy whatever confidence or self believe they may still have so that they can't recover from this batting lesson from the opener RIOT oh was it ROOT !!!

Is there an option to throw in the towel ??

Well JE Root is the chap that edged a sitter between Haden and Clarke when he was 2 now he is 178 not out and Clarke and Haden just looked at one another, I guess they must be sick of the site of each other now.

Its about time the Aussies got back to playing cricket hopeless fielding, hopeless batting and now the bowling is following suit!

No wonder they were trying to sell tickets to the Tour out here later in the year last week the longer they leave it the harder it will be to get anyone stupid enough to pay to go and watch them.

AHLUNGOR
21-07-2013, 12:15 PM
If we have to blame somebody that has to be David Warner !!

If he was man enough to hit a bigger punch to KO Joe Root, we won't be facing the 178 no out won't we ??

Why wasn't Paul Gallen in that pub ??

ALittleToTheLeft
21-07-2013, 06:59 PM
If we have to blame somebody that has to be David Warner !!

If he was man enough to hit a bigger punch to KO Joe Root, we won't be facing the 178 no out won't we ??

Why wasn't Paul Gallen in that pub ??

Haha, nice one. Gal would have put him out for a couple of matches.

On a serious note, our upper order batting even with Warner is woeful. It is almost like skills and decision making have been destroyed by all the 20/20 matches that get played. I blame the IPL for stuffing our ability to bat with patience

Justin Langer is probably 45 years old and half-blind but he would still be scoring more than this lot! Get him outta retirement!

asiafever
21-07-2013, 08:11 PM
Just abysmal. First off, I'm not sayin Shane Watson is a selfish c..t, but Shane Watson is a selfish c..t! You'd think after fucking up his drs in the first test and potentially costing us the test he'd have learned his lesson, but no. He's an average batsman, average bowler and it seems a bit of a self-obsessed prick, so why do we keep picking him?
Our top 6 are all under performing yet we keep rearranging the deck chairs on the titanic. Frustrating to watch...

AHLUNGOR
21-07-2013, 09:00 PM
I think having two Ashes series back to back may have given a different mind set for the Aussie, it's a bit like Qld in game 1, knowing they will win game 2 in Suncorp so it wasn't a must win for them! The Blues on the other hand knew if they lost game one, the series is over as very hard to beat Qld in Suncorp.

England knew the Aussie can do better at home so they must win the first series in England to avoid back to back Ashes defeats!

They obviously wanted it more !!

Apparently Simon Katich is batting well in county cricket , bring him back to replace Khawaja, recall Warner to open the batting, move Michael Clarke up to 3!

It's a tradition that our best batsman always batted at 3 !!

ALittleToTheLeft
21-07-2013, 09:08 PM
Katich
Warner
Hughes
Clarke
Smith
Henriques
Haddin
Agar
Siddle
Pattinson
Harris

Is my team. Katich is still playing well and provides a ready made senior replacement with the ousting of Watson. Henriques was kicking ass recently in the domestic comp and can bowl.

Warner is not my ideal, but is an X factor that we now need to take a risk on. He would compliment Kat's style of play well.

asiafever
21-07-2013, 10:01 PM
We can't carry Henriques and Smith in the same side. Henriques played one good test and then quickly came back to earth. Smith has bowled well once and batted well 3-4 times. Add to that Hughes is still far from safe in the side, Warner scores nothing or big, Clarke had a purple patch of form but that's not going to be replicated. Katich should never have been dropped but he's no chance of coming back. I guess we're kind of stuck with what we've got, but I would have brought in George Bailey for a start.

Watson just got out LBW AGAIN!!!! Seriously his value to the team is negligible.

AHLUNGOR
21-07-2013, 10:38 PM
Another 3 for 36 !!

We need Mike Hussey back!

Bring back Mr Cricket !

asiafever
21-07-2013, 10:39 PM
Hughes just can't play spin. Needs to go. He's not the future of our batting line-up.

ALittleToTheLeft
22-07-2013, 12:15 AM
We can't carry Henriques and Smith in the same side. Henriques played one good test and then quickly came back to earth. Smith has bowled well once and batted well 3-4 times. Add to that Hughes is still far from safe in the side, Warner scores nothing or big, Clarke had a purple patch of form but that's not going to be replicated. Katich should never have been dropped but he's no chance of coming back. I guess we're kind of stuck with what we've got, but I would have brought in George Bailey for a start.

Watson just got out LBW AGAIN!!!! Seriously his value to the team is negligible.

Very good point. You could argue we cant have both Smith and Henriques. I think the only other option for now could be to persist with Bailey that being the case. There aint much quality to pick from. Check out the last seasons Shield stats, only a handful of batsmen averaged 40s, 50s...

bbbandit
22-07-2013, 09:55 AM
The Australian team of the late nineties and naughties had several once in a generation players with both bat and ball. So good in fact that players like Stuey Macgill and Brad hodge, who would have been walk ins for just about every other team, hardly got a game.

The fact that the team is forced to persist with such obviously flawed players such as Hughes is testament to the gap in quality. Michael Bevan, who was so much better than Hughes it isn't funny, got dropped after 15 or so test because of a perceived weakness against the short ball, despite averaging close to 60 over his career in first class cricket.

Its probably unrealistic to expect the current crop of players to perform at the same level. That said, selection and development decisions in recent times haven't helped the cause. Australia will probably have to suffer through a mediocre period for the next little while.

Irene638
22-07-2013, 09:59 AM
In MHO, we need a new captain, a real leader, not a "pretty boy" captain.

Honestly, If you look at our batmens, they have got talent and have been played very well in First Class cricket. They just lack of experience and self belief.
They need a tough & strong captain/leader to guide them through the difficult time to stand up for the team, to do the hard yard to get the team over the line. I am not sure Michael Clarke got that quality of the great leader.
He worries about himself more than the team. No doubt he is a very good player but not a good captain.

We need to built the team from the beginning, and we should start with a new captain.

This is my team for the Third test:

Warner, Roger, Khawaja, Watson, Clarke, Hughes, Smith, Haddin, Siddle (c), Paddinton, Harris.

Make Siddle or Harris a new captain.

asiafever
22-07-2013, 11:36 AM
I think we need to get over the allrounder obsession. We are not going to uncover a Freddie flintoff, even freddy himself was only a top allrounder for a couple of years. For the moment I would go with:
Warner
Rogers
Khawaja
Bailey
Clarke
Watson (Smith if it's a turning pitch)
Haddin
Siddle/Cummins/Hazlewood (Those two are bowling well in Zimbabwe)
Patto/Starc/Bird
Harris
Agar/Ahmed (who just took two 4-fa's vs Zimbabwe)

Hughes is not only flawed against the short stuff, but hopeless against spin. Watson just isn't good enough to open, he's suspect on his legs so guys like Anderson, Steyn etc just smile when they see him coming, they know he'll be out in about 30 balls. Warner is a wildcard, he can take a game away from you in a day, but he needs to be consistent. Khawaja looked good last night, I really hope he can forge a spot for himself. Agar has come back to earth. Rogers isn't great but I'm not sure who could replace him, no-one is screaming out to be picked.
Clarke is not a great captain, he had one of the best runs with the bat ever seen but that has dried up and now we're seeing just how reliant we were on he, Ponting and Huss to score runs at 4,5 and 6. Right now I look at our 1-6 and really only see Clarke as a guy who can make a big score. Even Haddin's spot can't be safe, with the angry midget looking to work his way back in to the side. I hope Shaun and Mitch Marsh get a game in the next Aus A match vs STh Af A as I think Shaun still has something to offer.

AHLUNGOR
22-07-2013, 11:52 AM
I think we need to get over the allrounder obsession. We are not going to uncover a Freddie flintoff, even freddy himself was only a top allrounder for a couple of years. For the moment I would go with:
Warner
Rogers
Khawaja
Bailey
Clarke
Watson (Smith if it's a turning pitch)
Haddin
Siddle/Cummins/Hazlewood (Those two are bowling well in Zimbabwe)
Patto/Starc/Bird
Harris
Agar/Ahmed (who just took two 4-fa's vs Zimbabwe)

Hughes is not only flawed against the short stuff, but hopeless against spin. Watson just isn't good enough to open, he's suspect on his legs so guys like Anderson, Steyn etc just smile when they see him coming, they know he'll be out in about 30 balls. Warner is a wildcard, he can take a game away from you in a day, but he needs to be consistent. Khawaja looked good last night, I really hope he can forge a spot for himself. Agar has come back to earth. Rogers isn't great but I'm not sure who could replace him, no-one is screaming out to be picked.
Clarke is not a great captain, he had one of the best runs with the bat ever seen but that has dried up and now we're seeing just how reliant we were on he, Ponting and Huss to score runs at 4,5 and 6. Right now I look at our 1-6 and really only see Clarke as a guy who can make a big score. Even Haddin's spot can't be safe, with the angry midget looking to work his way back in to the side. I hope Shaun and Mitch Marsh get a game in the next Aus A match vs STh Af A as I think Shaun still has something to offer.

Good analysis brother.

What about Simon Katich ?? who is playing county cricket right now in England and scoring runs, he should be suited to the local conditions !!

Irene638
22-07-2013, 12:33 PM
Sorry mate, but Katich will not get back into the team because that would be upset Michael Clarke. Don't forget the reason Katich go drop.

To me that the Aussie team gone bad when the selectors gone personal/emotional with their decision instead of fact & figures.

AHLUNGOR
22-07-2013, 12:42 PM
Sorry mate, but Katich will not get back into the team because that would be upset Michael Clarke. Don't forget the reason Katich go drop.

To me that the Aussie team gone bad when the selectors gone personal/emotional with their decision instead of fact & figures.

Yeap, and the Captain should Never be also a Selector !! Cause once you are wearing the hat of the selector, you are no longer one of the boys !!

Can you imagine if Cameron Smith is a Queensland selector !!

Cheers

asiafever
22-07-2013, 03:08 PM
it's been happening for years though, Hayden could barely get a game after he didn't gel with an old crew of players, it wasn't until later that ego's were dispensed with and the best side picked. Guys like Damien Martyn were not popular in the dressing room but were an integral part of the side. Captains like Border, Chappell and Taylor played favourites with who they wanted in their sides, which is fair enough. Team dynamic is important. The Swans have a 'no dickheads' policy that has worked well for them. No matter how good a player is, if he's perceived by the playing group as a moron he won't play for the club.
Katich should never have been dropped, but we need to stop looking behind us, talk of Warne coming out of retirement etc shows we've got our eyes in the past, we need to look at the present/future and Katich clearly isn't that.. but then again they selected Rogers so a straight swap Kat-Rogers would make sense.

Irene638
23-07-2013, 09:55 AM
Have you guys heard the latest news that Pattingson will be out for the rest of the Ashes?

I don't know that is good or bad news.

AHLUNGOR
23-07-2013, 10:11 AM
Have you guys heard the latest news that Pattingson will be out for the rest of the Ashes?

I don't know that is good or bad news.

Yeap, lower back problem and a couple of unknown names were throw up. But I think Mitchell Starc or Jackson Bird will get back in.

But may be they will play another spinner in Nathan Lyons!

Agar was not 100% either !

I just have another thought, since we lost the last two Ashes under Ponting, our team has not perform well at all, while we did beat India at home last year but that was just a Michael Clarke show!

Then we suffered out biggest 4-0 loss in India and didn't win a match in the Championship. Now England obviously had the woods on us.

I just don't know how we can dig ourself out of this hole!

But having said that, we only lost by 14 runs in the first test and could have very easily won that thanks to back to back heroic 10th wicket stands........lol

If only just 1 or 2 of the top orders can stand up !!

Irene638
23-07-2013, 11:21 AM
Mate don't hold your breath. These problems will not be resolved overnight.

The coach needs to resolve all the team conflicts before they can play well together.

This is the team sport after all, so if the members are not happy to play together as a team we will not win matches.

Michael Clarke should forget about "his look" when he captain the side and put the team on top.

Just my 2 cents

Oneonone
23-07-2013, 05:03 PM
Well I am not a Watson fan never have been but to be fair to him he is an all rounder not an opening bat.

We were lucky with Gillchrist he could bat and slog as an opener but in real life test matches we need proper opening batsmen that can dig in and bat for one or two sessions with out worring about the score once they have done that the runs will come.

Games shouldn't be won until the last day we are loosing them on the first day or should I say the first session we bat.

Mind you our bowling isn't much better our spinner didn't take a wicket in the match the English one destroyed us. In the first innings a part timer took 3 wickets with spin but our specialist spin bowler didn't get a wicket?

We need to go back to basics and pick a team for test cricket and then when it come to one day matches or 20/20 pick a team for that type of game.

asiafever
23-07-2013, 05:36 PM
One problem I have is our arrogance has cost us big time.
While the rest of the world saw the rule change to allow an element of 'chucking' in finger spin bowling, we pig-headedly refused to teach our bowlers how to do it at all. FFS, this holier than thou attitude of being above 'resorting to that kind of thing' is just archaic pigheadedness. Grab Abdul Qadir, or Murali, or someone, and teach our bowlers how to do it, otherwise an off-spinner becomes nothing more than a tie-down-one-end proposition unless he has genuine finger spin talent like Swann. Watch how murali can, even now retired, knock a coin off the top of a glass, on top of a stump, while still spinning the ball more than any of our offies can... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PZTo9dlmju8

AHLUNGOR
25-07-2013, 07:49 PM
It's time to bring back David Warner!!

He just made a 193 off 221 balls batting at No. 4, that will do me!

That's better than anyone in the team at the moment .

Cheers

asiafever
25-07-2013, 07:58 PM
Agreed... worried the used all his luck in the one dig though. He rarely plays two back to back like that but it'd be a damn sight better than the crap being offered up by our current top 6!

Oneonone
25-07-2013, 07:59 PM
It's time to bring back David Warner!!

He just made a 193 off 221 balls batting at No. 4, that will do me!

That's better than anyone in the team at the moment .

Cheers

Could not agree more but again its not about how many balls you face at the end of the day this is test cricket and its scoring runs that counts if that takes 200 or 300 balls to get a hundred then that's better than getting out for 10 off 20 balls.

AHLUNGOR
25-07-2013, 11:05 PM
I still remember what Warner did to the South African in Perth, can't remember the exact score, it was a very fast Ton and he made 136 or something like that. But it's the way he did it, hitting the SA bowlers all over the park and broke their spirits! We need someone to stand up to the Poms and restore some national pride !!

Go Warner !!

AHLUNGOR
01-08-2013, 05:37 PM
It's on again tonight, the do or die third test at Old Trafford !!

C'mon Michael Clarke, win that bloody toss, take your team out there and make 600 before declaring !!

The Aussie and England has won 7 a piece in this ground but draw 14 times, so a draw to stay alive will be a good bet if we can't win it !!

Oneonone
01-08-2013, 06:34 PM
It's on again tonight, the do or die third test at Old Trafford !!

C'mon Michael Clarke, win that bloody toss, take your team out there and make 600 before declaring !!

The Aussie and England has won 7 a piece in this ground but draw 14 times, so a draw to stay alive will be a good bet if we can't win it !!

What did I say to you before Ahlungor:- Ahlungor! Ahlungor! Wake up Ahlungor! Your dreaming!

AHLUNGOR
01-08-2013, 08:00 PM
What did I say to you before Ahlungor:- Ahlungor! Ahlungor! Wake up Ahlungor! Your dreaming!

O Neon One, O Neon One, O Neon One ! I am awake !! But this is the team we got and we need to get behind them, rain, hail or shine !!

I have a feel they will cum good this time, don't forget we could easily have won the first test !! So we might as well look at the score as Oneonone and start all over again and just try to win this test and then we can look at the 4th !!

Just like if you are the Melbourne Storm supporter you are not going to jump ship simply because they lost 4 of the past 5!! And don't forget they also lost 5 in a row last year befor winning the Premiership!!

And don't let me start on the Blues after losing 8 series, they will eventually win one - even if they have to wait for the "Spines" to retire !!

Go Aussie, go out there tonight, bat your heart out or bowl the shit out of the England team!!

Oi, Oi, Oi !!

Oneonone
01-08-2013, 08:22 PM
Just love your optimism!

asiafever
01-08-2013, 10:52 PM
Watson out after facing about 40 balls.. who would have thought?!? At least he didn't waste one of our reviews... And now khawaja out facing 19 balls for 1.. not sure he was out the drs didn't show much... Clarke is overdue for a big score.

AHLUNGOR
01-08-2013, 11:37 PM
Khawaja was very unlucky to get out without even hitting the ball ! And lost a review as well!!

If Clarke and Rogers can form a big partnership until stumps then we are right in this test !!

C'mon Clarkey, we need our Captain to standup NOW !!

Go Aussie, Aussie, Aussie,

Oi, Oi, Oi !!

AHLUNGOR
02-08-2013, 12:42 AM
Well, Rogers is gone lbw on 86!

What a pity, he's been batting very well, another near hundred went begging !

AHLUNGOR
02-08-2013, 12:50 AM
Ok, Smith was very lucky not given out on a duck !

That even things up a little !

AHLUNGOR
02-08-2013, 12:53 AM
Clarkey got back to back boundaries and has now scored more than 1,500 test runs against England !!

AHLUNGOR
02-08-2013, 01:05 AM
Just notice that David Warner is no. 426 Australian Cricketer !

That doesn't mean anything outside of Hong Kong , but we hongkie all know what that means:

四二六,雙花紅棍

Meaning he is the best fighter in the Triad !!

Let's hope - may be tomorrow ! When Warner comes out to bat, he can beat the shit out of the England bowlers !

AHLUNGOR
02-08-2013, 01:07 AM
OK, the Captain gets a half century !!!

AHLUNGOR
02-08-2013, 01:30 AM
Ok, Smith was very lucky not given out on a duck !

That even things up a little !

Smith survived another review and goes to 20!

Oneonone
02-08-2013, 02:05 AM
We are batting better but we still need a century from someone and two would be even better, we need at least 450 but 600 would be even better. Smiths looking a bit shaky, lets hope Warner can get a few runs.

AHLUNGOR
02-08-2013, 02:15 AM
We are batting better but we still need a century from someone and two would be even better, we need at least 450 but 600 would be even better. Smiths looking a bit shaky, lets hope Warner can get a few runs.

Well Smith survived yet another lbw and England has no review left!!

Suck in !!

AHLUNGOR
02-08-2013, 02:23 AM
203 for 3 !

AHLUNGOR
02-08-2013, 03:39 AM
Yes, Michael Clarke has made the Century !

AHLUNGOR
02-08-2013, 03:42 AM
Yes, Steve Smith made a half century !

3 for 263 !

AHLUNGOR
02-08-2013, 04:35 AM
Stumps Day 1, 3 for 303 !

Clarkey made 125 and Smith on 70 !

That's how you play Ashes !!

So same time tomorrow night, Footy is gonna take a back seat !

Good night guys!

Cheers

asiafever
02-08-2013, 07:09 AM
Brilliant fight back. Khawaja was not out, disgraceful decision, and Rogers was unlucky with the clown behind the bowlers arm, but Clarke and Smith have done well and made the bowlers tire. A bit more of that and when Warner and haddin come in they can open up the shoulders perhaps and really grind them down.

Irene638
02-08-2013, 09:52 AM
Mate, What is wrong with the umpires, especially the third Umpire. How can you give the guy out if you cannot see anything on the hotspot, no sound and you can see clearly that the ball has when pass the bat with a huge gap between the two. What a shocker! They either get rid of the technology or trust them 100%. A punch of idiot.

I am happy to see the improvement of the Aussie batsman, they look a lot more focus and willing to play a long inning. That's how to accumulate a big total. Hope that can change their fortune. Clarke has proved it again, he is a great player when he put his head down. Well done to him and hopefully with a big score, he can improved on his captaincy as well.

Go Aussie.

Irene638
02-08-2013, 09:54 AM
One more point, I would swap the position of Watson and Warner.

I think Watson would be more comfortable at number 6 then Opener, he doesn't look like he belongs to that position.

Just my 2 cents.

Cheers.

Oneonone
02-08-2013, 10:27 AM

I think Watson would be more comfortable at number 6 then Opener, he doesn't look like he belongs to that position.

Just my 2 cents.

Cheers.

Watson is a slogger and an all rounder he is not an opening batsman, so yes you are right don't know why they didn't do it to start!

Well its good to see a bit of a score on the board for a change hope they can go on with it.

The umpiring leaves a lot to be desired the third umpire must have been asleep! I think they should go away from the referral system its not working and its not being used for what it was intended anyway.

AHLUNGOR
02-08-2013, 10:50 AM

Just my 2 cents.

Cheers.

Watson used to be a good opener, remember when he won the AB medal a few years back and he was a good "choker" for Not making the century when he was close enough! He got out so many times in the 80's and 90's and I felt sorry for him, but his batting average was very ordinary when he is Not opening so I said he basically is out of form and lack of confidence!

If the boys can continue on tomorrow and put up a big first inning score on the broad, you watch him opens up his shoulder when he bats again in the 2nd innings with a 200/300 runs lead with no pressure !!

Well, if Clarke and Smith can bat on and get us to 400 before the likes of Warner and Haddin and Starc (99 not out !!) have a crack! We can win this !!

Go Aussie !

Irene638
02-08-2013, 12:25 PM
Watson used to be a good opener, remember when he won the AB medal a few years back and he was a good "choker" for Not making the century when he was close enough! He got out so many times in the 80's and 90's and I felt sorry for him, but his batting average was very ordinary when he is Not opening so I said he basically is out of form and lack of confidence!

If the boys can continue on tomorrow and put up a big first inning score on the broad, you watch him opens up his shoulder when he bats again in the 2nd innings with a 200/300 runs lead with no pressure !!

Well, if Clarke and Smith can bat on and get us to 400 before the likes of Warner and Haddin and Starc (99 not out !!) have a crack! We can win this !!

Go Aussie !

It is quite true. Properly, he is under extreme pressure at the moment. He looks so tense when batting. He doesn't smile or say anything to his partner anymore.

Feel sorry for him as I am a big fan of him. With all the injures that he has got must hurt his confident big time.

Hope he do well soon.

Go Aussie.

AHLUNGOR
02-08-2013, 11:19 PM
The boys started the day well and Smith just played a poor shot and missed out on his possible maiden century on 89, silly !

And Warner , well a leftie facing Swann is always dangerous and he bloody wasted a review too!

Haddin stared well, they get lunch, I take a shower, hope we are still batting at stumps tonight !!

Go Aussie !

AHLUNGOR
02-08-2013, 11:49 PM
We got 400 !!

asiafever
03-08-2013, 12:20 AM
Clarke out. Well played sir. Hopefully there is still some wag to get us up over 500.

AHLUNGOR
03-08-2013, 12:22 AM
The Captain is gone for 187 !

A bit unlucky, the ball hit his chest and on to the wicket!

Well, his job is done, now it's up to the tails to carry on and get to 500!

Go Aussie !

AHLUNGOR
03-08-2013, 12:27 AM
Bloody Swann, got a 5 wickets innings again and bowled Siddle for 1 !

But wait, I saw something ! When Swann was congratulated by Cook, they embraced and Swann kissed Cook on the chin !! Did I see wrong ?? Lets start a rumour !!

AHLUNGOR
03-08-2013, 01:11 AM
Haddin made half century !

And Starc is batting very well and in quick time too, 35 off 36 balls - he can open !

AHLUNGOR
03-08-2013, 01:40 AM
Australia made 500!

Starc made half century, 54 off 54 balls, great efforts, his third half century in 9 matches, no kidding, he can open !

AHLUNGOR
03-08-2013, 02:15 AM
Clarkey declared 7 for 527 !

Lets see if our bowlers can do the job !

Go Aussie !

AHLUNGOR
03-08-2013, 12:00 PM
Good declaration!

Two early wicket will set us up nicely for the attack tonight, now it's up to the bowlers!

I have one question, I don't understand how the "follow on" works?

Now we have a big lead, if we bowl out England with say still a lead of 300 runs, do we bat again and declare again when we get to 450-500? Or do England go back and bat again?

Would some brother in the know please enlighten me ??

Thanks

asiafever
03-08-2013, 12:39 PM
If we lead by a certain margin (200+) and they're all out we can choose to send them in again or we can bat again.

Oneonone
03-08-2013, 12:42 PM
If we lead by 200 runs or more on the first innings and England are all out we have the option of asking them to bat again. If we do that and they score more than 200 runs in their second innings then we can bat again to get the short fall or until we are all out.

If there is less than a 200 run lead then we just have to bat again and so either all get out or if we think we have enough runs to win we can declare.

If we decide not to enforce the follow on then we bat again and increase our lead and decide when we want to declare if we are not all bowled out.

The biggest problem with enforcing the follow on is that your bowlers don't get a rest and so can be tired and jaded.

If your bowlers aren't tired then you would enforce the follow on

If we are running out of time then we will enforce the follow on.

I am sure with three days gone and only two left we will want a 200 run lead and enforce the follow on.

bbbandit
03-08-2013, 02:12 PM
If we lead by 200 runs or more on the first innings and England are all out we have the option of asking them to bat again. If we do that and they score more than 200 runs in their second innings then we can bat again to get the short fall or until we are all out.

If there is less than a 200 run lead then we just have to bat again and so either all get out or if we think we have enough runs to win we can declare.

If we decide not to enforce the follow on then we bat again and increase our lead and decide when we want to declare if we are not all bowled out.

The biggest problem with enforcing the follow on is that your bowlers don't get a rest and so can be tired and jaded.

If your bowlers aren't tired then you would enforce the follow on

If we are running out of time then we will enforce the follow on.

I am sure with three days gone and only two left we will want a 200 run lead and enforce the follow on.

I think Australia might consider not enforcing a follow on if they bowl England out cheaply because it looks like it might be difficult to get 20 wickets on this track. It might get progressively worse and be much more difficult to bat late in day 4 and day 5. In that scenario, Clarkey and co. might decide to have another dig and rack up a 400+ lead and declare again after tea on the 4th day to give them a better chance of bowling England out twice. This is all depends on how England go though. The pitch looks flat, so they should have as good a time, if not better, than Australia based on form in the series so far.

AHLUNGOR
03-08-2013, 02:42 PM
Thanks guys, I think I got it !!

Which ever way, we have to win this match while England can have a draw and they retain the Ashes !!

So let's get those 8 wickets by the end of the day then.

So Aussie !!

AHLUNGOR
03-08-2013, 11:29 PM
Not a bad morning!

Alastair Cook was a big wicket and Haddin took a sensational dive to the right with an one handed catch, brilliant !

4 for 119, if we can get Bell and Piertersen out before tea, we should win this !

Go Aussie !

AHLUNGOR
04-08-2013, 02:27 AM
Finally a break through!

Harris clean bowled Ian Bell !

Now we need to get Pietersen or get everyone else out around him!

5 more wicket guys !

AHLUNGOR
04-08-2013, 02:48 AM
23 test centuries in 97 matches, that's a great strike way!

Piertersen is a danger man, get him out quick !!

AHLUNGOR
04-08-2013, 03:54 AM
Great Ibw from Starc to get Pietersen !

Three more needed

Go Aussie !

AHLUNGOR
04-08-2013, 01:31 PM
Rain is forecasted for Sunday and Monday, and we are still in the first inning, this match is heading to a draw, that's a pity!

Like Clarkey said, unless we can win this test, his big century will mean nothing !

You can't beat the weather !

Oneonone
04-08-2013, 06:48 PM
Rain is forecasted for Sunday and Monday, and we are still in the first inning, this match is heading to a draw, that's a pity!

Like Clarkey said, unless we can win this test, his big century will mean nothing !

You can't beat the weather !We are flat out trying to beat the poms don't need to have to beat the weather as well.

OH well we were competitive in the first match and lost got thrashed in the second test and are competitive in this one.

Would be good to win but will need a bit of luck.

Oneonone
04-08-2013, 09:27 PM
Want one spin bowler apply to australian cricket! Urgently required!name you fee!

Oneonone
04-08-2013, 09:28 PM
Wanted one spin bowler apply to australian cricket! Urgently required!name your fee!

Oneonone
04-08-2013, 09:30 PM
I should have posted this add a while back very next ball Lyon gets a wicket! About time.

AHLUNGOR
04-08-2013, 11:05 PM
Would have liked to get the last wicket a lot quicker.

Now we lost 1 early before the lunch, I think we need to score very quickly and get to a lead of around 350 then declare and put England back in, a couple of early wicket before stumps will set us up for a possible win on day 5.

Forget about the weather, lets win this , if it rains, we draw, so be it

So Aussies !!

AHLUNGOR
05-08-2013, 01:38 AM
Well, the way we are batting and the rate the wickets are falling, this is like an one day match!

Now that the rains cums, that may be it for today, 296 may be enough to bowl England out !

It's gonna be close

Hang in there Clarkey and the boys

Go Aussies !!

AHLUNGOR
05-08-2013, 06:09 PM
It's raining in Manchester City at the moment, so my bet on an Australia victory looks all but lost.

My insurance bet on a draw @$3.75 should be a collect. Too bad, I would much rather see the Aussie boys keeping the series alive !!

asiafever
05-08-2013, 06:19 PM
Yeah we're cooked. Really we need to declare, surround the bat, put the ball constantly in the zone and hope for the best. reality is it will be a draw.. Damn Pomgolians...

AHLUNGOR
05-08-2013, 08:07 PM
Yeah we're cooked. Really we need to declare, surround the bat, put the ball constantly in the zone and hope for the best. reality is it will be a draw.. Damn Pomgolians...

Sportsbet is betting $1.01 for a draw, it was $3.75 on Thursday ! And an Aussie win will pay $17! ($5.50 on Thursday when I got on ) and a win by England pays $67 ! Was $1.65

You would think the bookies know their stuff!!

Cheers

Ps, on a brighter note , Sam Stusor beat Victoria Azarenka for the first time in 9 meetings in the final in California !! Well done Sam , her first title since the US Open too!

Cheers

asiafever
05-08-2013, 11:09 PM
We're a big show here. 3 for at lunch, Harris bowling brilliantly, pomgolians running scared, and rain looking less likely.

AHLUNGOR
06-08-2013, 02:56 AM
We can't beat the weather !!

And the heavy rain has hit us for Six !

It's a draw ! England retain the Ashes!! Now the next two tests will be a good team building and training exercises as well as team selection trail for the next Ashes series back home !

I am sure England will do the same and blood some new bowlers and batsmen, like all those 12th man and drinks boys !!

Thank you linesmen, thank you ball boys !!

Cheers

Ps. And Michael Clarke was right, his huge hundred now means nothing apart from improving his batting average !!

Good night !

Punter Poontang
07-08-2013, 07:30 PM
Geez, interesting story breaking with this bat tampering business ..... reckon Davey Warner might have a few questions to answer after that little snick of his that didn't show up on hotspot.

It's just not cricket. :-(

echy
10-08-2013, 05:28 PM
is it over? who win?

AHLUNGOR
10-08-2013, 05:44 PM
is it over? who win?

Well, as far as the Ashes series goes, it's over because it's a 5 tests series, England has won two and draw 1, so even if Australia win the remaining two tests, the series will be a drawn series and as England is the current holder of the Ashes, they will retain it until the Australian Summer.

But the Aussie will not lay down dying, they will consider themselves unlucky not to have won in Trent Bridge (lost by only 14 runs) and the rain had saved England in Old Trafford when we were clearly on top.

Currently in the 4th test, after Day 1, England is 9 for 238, that's a very low run rate for 90 overs so I think we are on top of them especially Nathan Lyon has taken 4 wickets so our spin bowler is finally firing. So yes, I think we will win the next two tests and build some confidence and momentum for the summer at home.

So Aussie !!

Punter Poontang
10-08-2013, 10:03 PM
Fuck me, this DRS thing is FARCICAL.

It's just not cricket. :-(

Punter Poontang
10-08-2013, 11:01 PM
The only thing more ridiculous than the DRS is Graeme Swann. How does a guy that white, that British, and that old possibly think he can pull off the 'popped collar'?? You look like a douche, mate. :-P

asiafever
10-08-2013, 11:15 PM
The only thing more ridiculous than the DRS is Graeme Swann. How does a guy that white, that British, and that old possibly think he can pull off the 'popped collar'?? You look like a douche, mate. :-P

He IS a douche...

The drs was introduced to get rid of howlers. In the instance of Rogers there that was an odd one. Before drs we'd have watched the replay and said "well he didn't hit it but he was lb so net result is the same..".

We're scoring at a fair clip but I screamed at Clarke for that shot. That was park cricket shit.

AHLUNGOR
10-08-2013, 11:30 PM
He IS a douche...

The drs was introduced to get rid of howlers. In the instance of Rogers there that was an odd one. Before drs we'd have watched the replay and said "well he didn't hit it but he was lb so net result is the same..".

We're scoring at a fair clip but I screamed at Clarke for that shot. That was park cricket shit.

It was later reveal by the commentators that just before Clarke got out, he was interrupted by an old lady in the stand and tried to get her sit down! He should have walk away and come back and get ready again - just like a golfer to re addressing the ball! But he just stayed on and bloody hit a loose ball.

Didn't something similar happened to Rogers when he was in the 80's and got interrupted by the people walking in and out of the box ?? And he got out in the next ball!

They need to turn around and re group man !

AHLUNGOR
11-08-2013, 02:48 AM
Finally, Watson makes a half century and a 100 runs partnership with Rogers!!

Still behind by 57, but if these two can bat on, we should get even and build some lead!

Shit as I was typing this , Rogers almost got stumped !

Not out though ! He's got a bit of luck today , we needed that if we want to win this test !

Go Aussies !

AHLUNGOR
11-08-2013, 03:30 AM
Bloody Stuart Broad got Watson out at 68!

His 4th wicket !

AHLUNGOR
11-08-2013, 03:43 AM
And congratulations to Rogers' maiden test Century, great efforts when his country needs him !!

Well done Chris ! At your young age of 35!

Just hang in there and bring us home !!

Go Aussie !!

bbbandit
11-08-2013, 03:13 PM
Aussies in a strong position in this game. Have to really capitalise tonight and push for a decent 100-150 run lead. Weather permitting, that should give us a great chance of winning!

AHLUNGOR
11-08-2013, 10:24 PM
Aussies in a strong position in this game. Have to really capitalise tonight and push for a decent 100-150 run lead. Weather permitting, that should give us a great chance of winning!

Unfortunately Rogers and Haddin could add much to the total, the lead is only 32!

Great to see Harris adding 28 though, he hitted 3 boundaries in a row to Broad before Broad got him in the next over !

Well, it's now up to the bowler to bowl England out ASAP and then chase them down tomorrow !

We need to limit Engkand under 200 runs to have a chance !

Go Aussie !

AHLUNGOR
13-08-2013, 12:47 AM
OK, the chips are down, we need 299 runs to win this!

We have a record breaking inning with Rogers getting his maiden test century and Harris also a personal best of 7 for 117!

Now the rest of the batsman has to stand up, we need to be at 150 runs or better tonight at stumps and lost no more than two wickets, hopeful Rogers is still there tonight as I think he is the most consistent batsman in the team and he can build partnership with any of the top and middle order.

Here we go,

C'mon Aussie.

AHLUNGOR
13-08-2013, 01:07 AM
Good review, Rogers not out !!

35-0

AHLUNGOR
13-08-2013, 02:24 AM
Finally we have an opening partnership worth a century !!

Good job Warner and Rogers !!

Now go on and each make a TON!

C'mon Aussie !

asiafever
13-08-2013, 07:49 AM
Well we choked. No skirting the subject. An opening stand of 100 then all 10 wickets gone by 230.. Here is yet another test we had by the balls and fucked up.

AHLUNGOR
13-08-2013, 09:57 AM
WTF! I went to bed thinking more batting tonight on day 5! And it was all over !!

What's going on with Smith? Watson? and Haddin ?

Drop Khawaja, bring back Huges, at least he had one big inning and let Bird fly and recall Starc!!

We'll know if we have any pride left at the Oval!!

So disappointed !

Irene638
13-08-2013, 10:25 AM
WTF! I went to bed thinking more batting tonight on day 5! And it was all over !!

What's going on with Smith? Watson? and Haddin ?

Drop Khawaja, bring back Huges, at least he had one big inning and let Bird fly and recall Starc!!

We'll know if we have any pride left at the Oval!!

So disappointed !

You forgot to mention Freaking Michael Clarke as well. He only made run when we are in good position, but fail to carry the team when we are under pressure.

We need someone with the fighting spirit to lead our young team to show them the way and how to win match.

If you guys look at all the match that we won under Michael Clarke captaincy, All of them are against the shit team and non of them that we win under pressure.

We need a new captain before our team can move forward and winning matches.

Cheers.

asiafever
13-08-2013, 10:53 AM
And as the SS Titanic steamed ahead at full throttle towards the looming iceberg field, the captain called an urgent meeting with the senior officers, and after much deliberation, it was unanimously decided that all the deckchairs should point eastwards so the passengers could bask in the morning sunlight...

Hughes is a broken man. He'll never be the player we hoped he would, his confidence is shattered.
Khawaja just doesn't seem to be able to piece it together. In days gone by we had a line-up that could shelter him and work him in to the system.
Watson has to go. Broken down again, he can't bowl more than ten over an innings and has 6 50's in his last 38 innings, so what is he? He's not a batsman, he bowls part time and gets injured? Fuck him off.
Haddin was supposed to shore up the middle order, that failed, bring back Wade and invest in the future or go for an actual gloveman in Peter Nevill.
Smith just doesn't seem to have the goods despite some encouraging innings. Two 50's this tour but an overall average of 29 means he is not a test top 6 player.
What do guys like Ferguson, Bailey, Voges, Klinger etc have to do to get a look in? Quiney was deemed good enough to bat at 3 against the best side in the world for a couple of tests, and not given a look in since? Doolan, Madinson and Silk are the future but too early to throw them to wolves one feels.

On the bowling, honestly that has not been our problem, though one wonders what will happen if/when Harris breaks down again. Bird can bowl, but we can't keep chopping and changing unless conditions dictate it. We have a great array of bowlers but it does seem that we can never get our best 4 together and fit at any given time. Pattinson and Cummins injured now, Hilfenhaus could have been suited to English conditions too. It is utterly frustrating.

asiafever
13-08-2013, 10:56 AM
You forgot to mention Freaking Michael Clarke as well. He only made run when we are in good position, but fail to carry the team when we are under pressure.

We need someone with the fighting spirit to lead our young team to show them the way and how to win match.

If you guys look at all the match that we won under Michael Clarke captaincy, All of them are against the shit team and non of them that we win under pressure.

Cheers.

Interesting. I have always felt Clarke was a narcissist and really inherited the captaincy due to a dearth of viable options. Yes he's our best batsman currently, though that's not hard. His days of bowling are over, he was our best spinner at one stage too, and his fielding not what it once was, he was also our best fieldsman arguably at one stage..

But who do we replace him with?
Who is captain material in our current test side?
No-one really.
I like Bailey, he is a very good odi captain and should be in our test side, does everything asked of him and more, always.
O'Keeffe is a very good captain, but neither his batting nor bowling are test standard.

AHLUNGOR
13-08-2013, 11:47 AM

Cheers.

Hi Brother, I think in the opinion regarding Michael Clarke, we have a different view, but this is how I see the current situation after the 4 tests:

At Trent Bridge, we should have won that test and to me, it was the most exciting, as we have discovered Agar and if you went back to the beginning of this thread, you can see a new star was born and him and Hughes almost did it for Australia - a new world record 10th wicket partnership almost repeated in glory by Haddin and Pattinson, we lost by 14 runs and so bloody unlucky - the DRS were wasted early and Stuart Broad was clearly out, was not given out and then he refused to walk and ended up making a big score !

At Lord, well, we were out played and bloody Joe Root made 180 along with another century from Bell, they deserved to win.

The score should have been 1-all

Then at Old Trafford, finally we put it all together, Harris was firing, Clarke top scored for the series at 187, and we are going to win that, then firstly the bad light, then the rain had saved England with a draw !!

The Score should have been 2-1 OUR WAY !

Then we lost in Durham - OK ! 2-ALL ! Lets go to the Oval for the decider !!

As far as Clarke's captaincy, well, right now, he is still the best person to lead the team IMHO, but beyond him, we have no one else and no immediate succession plan or talents, so CA has to do some soul searching.

Just as a comparison, Ian Bell is the dominant batsman so far this series with 3 centuries, 1 half century and a total run of 500, average 71.43 !! He is the differences.

Clarke is next in line with 346 runs, top score 187 (in the series) and average 49.43 !

Comparatively, Cook's top score was 62, average 27.25 and a total run of only 218 ! So on facts and figures, our captain is ahead of Cook !!

I was so happy when Rogers and Warner finally put an opening partnership together, and then the lunch break just killed all the momentum and we were falling like the Aussie dollar, its so unfair to the brilliant efforts from Rogers (with his maiden Test Century) and Harris' 7 wickets, these guys deserved to be in a winning team !!

Nevertheless, so exciting to see Warner bats with authority - if only the middle order had stood up and where was our famous 10th wicket partnerships ??

Don't give up on the boys though, we could still win the final test and regain some momentum before the Summer.

Question: are there some ODI's or 20/20 matches in England after the Ashes ??

Punter Poontang
13-08-2013, 01:21 PM
Can't believe I stayed up to watch it, we just collapsed like a bag of shit, but the most depressing thing was just how predictable it was ..... England's bowlers were doing nothing, ball getting old, but you could still see it coming .....

Gutted for the openers, they did their job and put us in position. To be fair, Warner and Clarke were done by exceptional deliveries, and they were the two crucial wickets for England to get on top. After that they were just all over us.

Agree Wade is better with the bat than Haddin, just a shame he can't catch the fucking ball ..... easily the worst keeper I've seen for Australia in my lifetime, so although he'd get more runs, he'd also cost us a few wickets.

Don't have the answers myself, our problems with the bat are just too widespread. Overnight we've gone from getting some confidence ahead of the return series to fearing the worst for a long summer. :-(

AHLUNGOR
13-08-2013, 04:35 PM
Can't believe I stayed up to watch it, we just collapsed like a bag of shit, but the most depressing thing was just how predictable it was ..... England's bowlers were doing nothing, ball getting old, but you could still see it coming .....

Gutted for the openers, they did their job and put us in position. To be fair, Warner and Clarke were done by exceptional deliveries, and they were the two crucial wickets for England to get on top. After that they were just all over us.

Agree Wade is better with the bat than Haddin, just a shame he can't catch the fucking ball ..... easily the worst keeper I've seen for Australia in my lifetime, so although he'd get more runs, he'd also cost us a few wickets.

Don't have the answers myself, our problems with the bat are just too widespread. Overnight we've gone from getting some confidence ahead of the return series to fearing the worst for a long summer. :-(

I couldn't agree more, confident is a very funny thing in sports, when you are hot, you are hot and when you are not, there is no rescue or holding back the downward spiral !! Just look at Adam Scott, he could easily have won 3 to 4 majors by now instead of the lone Green jacket - but at least he's done it and yet people are starting to tag him a choker like Greg Norman which is so unfair.

Looking at the replay, Stuart Broad was like in a zone, but we have Ryan Harris to match that, his double back to back wickets by clean bowling Ian Bell and Prior was brilliant, so unfair when you take 7 wickets at your career best form and end up in a losing side.

I remember Justine Hodges once scored 4 trys against the West Tigers and the Broncos ended up losing the game, like, what more can you do ??

I still can't help but keep referring back to the first test in Trent Bridge, if we would have won that (which we bloody hell should have if not for so many doggy calls!), we could easily be the side leading 3-0 in this series !!

Just think about in 2006 SOO Game 3, if Darren Lockyer didn't pick up the loose ball from Hodgson and scored under the post, NSW would have won 4 in a row and who knows, NSW could well have done us Queenslander 11 in a row by now !!

We shall never give up though.

AHLUNGOR
23-08-2013, 02:50 AM
The boys are doing good in the first inning of the fifth test, may be winning the toss is very important!

Watson finally get his century in years, a big century too 176, that will do him no end of good!

And good to see Steve Smith gets his maiden test century too. 111 not out, we need to get quick runs, declare at 500+ and bowl England out twice !!

Go Aussie!!

Irene638
23-08-2013, 10:16 AM
Steve Smith did do really well this Series. He is the positive outcome of the series.

He has score 3 fifties and 1 century. I think he is the most consistent player of the series for Aussie.

He has also got some wickets and very good fielder as well. I hope he will be our next Captain.

If we can get some quick wickets tonight, things will look good for us in this match.

Go Aussie

AHLUNGOR
23-08-2013, 02:46 PM
Steve Smith did do really well this Series. He is the positive outcome of the series.

He has score 3 fifties and 1 century. I think he is the most consistent player of the series for Aussie.

He has also got some wickets and very good fielder as well. I hope he will be our next Captain.

If we can get some quick wickets tonight, things will look good for us in this match.

Go Aussie

Well, I think Ian Bell is the main difference, he is currently top scores with 500 runs, 3 centuries and 2 half centuries, he is the most consistent, if you take him out of the England batting, they immediately looks like a second rated team. England's only other centurions are Root and Piertersen.

Including the five tests, we now have 4 centurions, Clarke, Watson, Smith and Rogers, amazingly, both Smith and Rogers got there maiden century in this series, and Watson, well, his first against England and first in many years. but at least is a big century (176), so let's hope they can all build from this fifth test!!

Go Aussie !!

AHLUNGOR
26-08-2013, 02:41 AM
After so much rain delay, we are in a final session with an outside chance to win!!

We have 41 overs left to take 10 wickets and Engkand needs 211 runs!!

Go Aussie !

AHLUNGOR
26-08-2013, 11:12 AM
Mitchell Starc just run out Ian Bell with 4 overs to go and England needing 21 runs, Australia can't win, they were playing for a draw and England was a bit unlucky to have the match abandonned with 4 overs to go, I'm sure they would have won 4-0.

So 3-0 and two draws, I think the Aussie was a bit unlucky not to have a closer score line, it seemed the team who won the toss and batted first had the advantage. England went on to win all three tests and Australia was unlucky to have rain delay in the other two tests while clearly on top !!

Can't wait for the first test at home in the Gaba !!

At least I won't have to stay up until 4.30am

Cheers

jellyshots
26-08-2013, 12:35 PM
We lost all hope when they ditched Steve Waugh. That bloke had tenacity. He could lift a team from the precipice just by locking in a steely gaze, dragging on his baggy green and leading by example. Some of the other players disliked things about him but they all mutually respected him. They wanted to win for him and Australia rather than just themselves.

Clarkey is a top cricket player but being the best doesn't always translate into winning test matches. Don't get me wrong, I like how he plays. I even love how he went and banged Lara Bingle for a while and promptly ditched her when she became a liability to him.

Look at Sachin Tendulkar, one of my faves. in his day, at the top of his game but without the rest of the team lifting their game, it only meant something to the player stats.

AHLUNGOR
26-08-2013, 12:51 PM
I even love how he went and banged Lara Bingle for a while and promptly ditched her when she became a liability to him.

I don't mind a bit of Lara "where the bloody hell are you" Bingle at all, especially like this: Obviously after Clarkey had banged her for SIX !!

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-NDGwAtEQbcI/T-zY4nltMFI/AAAAAAAAM2Y/GUVjUO6j0Xw/s320/lara%2Bbingle%2Bnude%2Bin%2Bbath%2B2.jpg

AHLUNGOR
26-08-2013, 01:00 PM
And while we are in the subject of Clarkey and Bingle, we must also admire our current Cricket First Lady - Kyly, I think she is all class, and had not put a foot wrong, unlike Lara whose been doing the rounds between the various footy codes!!

http://forums.auscelebs.net/acnet-images/24510/kyly-clarke-boldy-462456.jpg

http://resources0.news.com.au/images/2012/08/02/1226441/761776-kyly-clarke.jpg

http://resources1.news.com.au/images/2012/05/25/1226367/365725-kyly-clarke.jpg

ps. just realised this is my 12,000th post, couldn't have devoted that to a better couple !!

AHLUNGOR
09-09-2013, 02:21 AM
Australia may finally win a cricket match against England on England soil tonight in the ODI at Old Trafford !

Michael Clarke got a century (@$4.33!) and England is chasing 316!

Already 5 for 110 after 25 overs !

We should win from here!

Go Aussie !

IExperiment
09-09-2013, 02:58 AM
Australia may finally win a cricket match against England on England soil tonight in the ODI at Old Trafford !

Michael Clarke got a century (@$4.33!) and England is chasing 316!

Already 5 for 110 after 25 overs !

We should win from here!

Go Aussie !

Sorry dude a bit boring I watch a few one day but test is to long for my taste :)

Keep the girls pictures coming though.

IExperiment
09-09-2013, 03:00 AM
I don't mind a bit of Lara "where the bloody hell are you" Bingle at all, especially like this: Obviously after Clarkey had banged her for SIX !!

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-NDGwAtEQbcI/T-zY4nltMFI/AAAAAAAAM2Y/GUVjUO6j0Xw/s320/lara%2Bbingle%2Bnude%2Bin%2Bbath%2B2.jpg

Dont forget kyle sandiland also pound her.

Oneonone
09-09-2013, 08:27 AM
It was good to get back on the winning sheet and good to see Michael Clarke bat so well, and good support from Bailey.

Didn't watch our bowling but must have been ok as we got the win.

AHLUNGOR
09-09-2013, 09:26 AM
Dont forget kyle sandiland also pound her.

Things you do for your career when you haven't got one !!

AHLUNGOR
09-09-2013, 09:34 AM
It was good to get back on the winning sheet and good to see Michael Clarke bat so well, and good support from Bailey.

Didn't watch our bowling but must have been ok as we got the win.

To win by 88 runs is a good result!

I watched a bit of the bowling, Mitchell Johnson took two early wicket to set the scene. Clarkey was always setting the attacking field to take wickets and win the match, so it was exciting, England had a crack too, Piertersen was in good form hitting boundaries at will, lucky we got him out at 60, and when Clarkey took a Captains catch on the outfield to dismiss the England Captain Morgan at 54, victory was in sight.

Butler still batted to the end with 75 so is wasn't a one way traffic!

Bring on the next game !

Cheers

AHLUNGOR
12-09-2013, 12:35 AM
We won the toss but Clarkey sent England out to bat, I hope he is right!

So far in this tour, England won three tosses in the Ashes and won all three tests, we win twice and twice we were way ahead, only the weather was on England said and we had two draws.

Last time England won the toss and sent us to bat and we put up a big score and won.

So, so far, the team bats first had advantage every time!

I hope we can beat the trend!

Go Aussie !!

Cheers

Oneonone
12-09-2013, 08:23 AM
Game was abandoned due to weather!

AHLUNGOR
12-09-2013, 09:18 AM
Game was abandoned due to weather!

We had a good start though, taking three early wickets!

The run out was so comical !

And good to see Mitchell Johnson strikes again taking out the opener, he must be in the test squad now !

Cheers

Irene638
12-09-2013, 09:40 AM
We had a good start though, taking three early wickets!

The run out was so comical !

And good to see Mitchell Johnson strikes again taking out the opener, he must be in the test squad now !

Cheers

He will be in the Test Squad as the all 4 quick bowlers went to England will not be fit on time for the 1st Test in Brisbane.

The latest was Mitchell Star got rule out with the back stress. Bird will be available but not in the First test, Pattingson & Cumming are still not fit. Harris will be available later in the series. We have got no choice but to include Johnson. I like Johnson anyway as he can bat a bit and when is bowling well he is a handful.

Can't wait for the return series start in 2 months time.

Go Aussie.

Oneonone
12-09-2013, 01:36 PM
I like Johnson anyway as he can bat a bit and when is bowling well he is a handful.

Yes when he is bowling he doesn't know where they are going so what chance has the batsman or wicket keeper got.

Gota love him he always puts in.

AHLUNGOR
15-09-2013, 12:48 AM
McKay got a hat trick !

Piertersen, Trout and Root!!

All England big guns, how good is that !

3 for 8 !!

Go Aussie !!

AHLUNGOR
17-09-2013, 03:45 AM
Australia 7-282

Shane Watson 143 off 106 balls, great innings, the last over against Root, he hit him for 1-6-4-6-4-wd-6, beautiful to watch!

Trouble is apart from Watson, only Clarke got 75, rest of the team all got out very cheaply, now only two wickets left at the 45.4 overs, may get all out before the 50 overs.

C'mon Aussie, make 300!

AHLUNGOR
14-10-2013, 02:28 PM
Well, we lost the T-20 in India but won the first ODI by 72 runs, a good start !!

Hughes got 47, Finch 72 and Bailey 85 top scored, good to see them getting the job done without Michael Clarke.

But the exciting thing in Cricket last weekend wasn't in India but at the North Sydney Oval.

I have never heard or seen this guy before, Ben Cutting, an all rounder batting at no. 8 for the Queensland Bulls, making 98 not out off 48 balls @204.17

What an innings, blasting 9 sixes 4 fours. Two lots of 3 sixes in two innings and lost 3/4 balls !!

He is 26 and I think we should send him to India now and get him ready for the Ashes !!

Just my 98 cents

Cheers

AHLUNGOR
19-11-2013, 11:01 AM
The Ashes is on from Thursday.,

I hope when we walk out on Boxing Day at the G, we are leading 2-0 !

Time to beat up the POMs, Australia 3-1

Go Clarkey, Go Aussie !!

Wayne
19-11-2013, 11:05 AM
The Ashes is on from Thursday.,

I hope when we walk out on Boxing Day at the G, we are leading 2-0 !

Time to beat up the POMs, Australia 3-1

Go Clarkey, Go Aussie !!

Will all come down to Johnson's first over. If it's there or thereabouts, then we be competitive. If it's a howler then it will be a miserable summer.

AHLUNGOR
19-11-2013, 11:12 AM
Will all come down to Johnson's first over. If it's there or thereabouts, then we be competitive. If it's a howler then it will be a miserable summer.

I thought our bowlers were doing OK back in England, Harris and Siddle were the standout. It was our batsman that keep letting us down. If Warner can hold his domestic one day form, and the rest of the top and middle order all contribute, we are half way there.

But on paper, the POMS are batting better than the Aussies ! I read it in the Telegraph yesterday, Clarke is the only batsman on both side who has a test average of over 50. All of the batsman on the Aussie side are averaging in the 30's !

But wait for this, all the batsman on the England side are in the 40's

It's gonna be tight , Virgin Australia tight !!

Cheers

Wayne
19-11-2013, 11:23 AM
I thought our bowlers were doing OK back in England, Harris and Siddle were the standout. It was our batsman that keep letting us down. If Warner can hold his domestic one day form, and the rest of the top and middle order all contribute, we are half way there.

But on paper, the POMS are batting better than the Aussies ! I read it in the Telegraph yesterday, Clarke is the only batsman on both side who has a test average of over 50. All of the batsman on the Aussie side are averaging in the 30's !

But wait for this, all the batsman on the England side are in the 40's

It's gonna be tight , Virgin Australia tight !!

Cheers

Yeah, it's a bit of worry that we have two middle order batsmen, Smith and Bailey, who don't play with a straight bat. Bailey, in particular, is likely to be found out with his leg side only play. He gets away with in limited over games with fielding restrictions but I really can't see him prospering in test cricket. At least we have got rid of our left handed middle order which gave Swann so many wickets.

But saying that, bowlers win matches. Johnson is the key because he is the only aussie bowler that can scythe through a batting line up.

Punter Poontang
19-11-2013, 12:28 PM

The Barmy Army's new song:

It goes down the left, it goes down the right
Mitchell Johnson, his bowling is shite

And to be fair, they've got a point!!

Seriously though, with a guy THAT inconsistent, I wouldn't be making any judgements quite so soon. As long as the top order doesn't collapse like a bag of shit, we're in with a chance.

Oneonone
19-11-2013, 12:30 PM
Well if we are going to have a chance then we need to remember the job of the opening batsman is to get us through to lunch and see off the new ball then if they want to have a slog it may be OK.

We cant win the game in the first hour but we sure can loose it.

Its test cricket not a one day or 20/20 slog.

AHLUNGOR
19-11-2013, 12:51 PM
Well if we are going to have a chance then we need to remember the job of the opening batsman is to get us through to lunch and see off the new ball then if they want to have a slog it may be OK.

We cant win the game in the first hour but we sure can loose it.

Its test cricket not a one day or 20/20 slog.

It's bloody time that Warner and Watson stands up and do their job. If Steve Smith has any future leadership aspirations, he needs to do to England what Michael Clarke did to the Indian the year before.

So many heroic stories could be unfolded, let's hope they don't come from the England side.

Cheers

:question:

Oneonone
19-11-2013, 02:26 PM
The carnage starts tomorrow! So we shall see, I wish and hope but that's about the most I can offer! I think the writing is on the wall.

AHLUNGOR
21-11-2013, 12:09 AM
Just bringing this up for brother d_concierge

Let the Ashes begin !

AHLUNGOR
21-11-2013, 08:31 AM
The Ashes is on !!

After three consecutive series lost, it's now or never as Michael Clarke has put it in the Tele!

Ponting lost two series during his watch and Clarkey already lost one in England. Stop the ROT !!]

We can't afford to loss a double/double over two Captains !

Order of the day:

Day 1, first Ashes test at the Gabba:

Michael Clarke please win the toss and bat first!

Rogers and Warner stay together and bat past lunch then perhaps survive tea time as well, if either one of them can then let go and score a 100 or bat till stumps, it will go a long way of winning in Brisbane !

Go Aussie

Cheers

Oneonone
21-11-2013, 08:40 AM
If we can bat and then not loose more than one max two wickets before lunch we will be in good shape.

Lets hope we can make a game of it, we need some application when we bat.

AHLUNGOR
21-11-2013, 11:11 AM
We won the toss, we are batting first.

Jimmy Anderson to Rogers - a maiden over!

Stuart Broad to Warner - getting the BOOOOOOs !

First ball to Warner - FOUR !!

Take that !

Game on !!

Go Aussie

Oneonone
21-11-2013, 11:16 AM
Nothing has changed Warner lucky not to be out caught in slips and Rogers out to a short ball.

AHLUNGOR
21-11-2013, 11:20 AM
Nothing has changed Warner lucky not to be out caught in slips and Rogers out to a short ball.

Fuck, bloody Stuart Broad again !!

AHLUNGOR
21-11-2013, 11:21 AM
OK, settle down, Watson is on, he is the proper opener man, now we have a right hand left hand combination!

C'mon guys, let's see out to lunch !!

noubroz
21-11-2013, 12:03 PM
Yawnnn, even this thread is boring. Hard enough to watch on tv so reading it... Can't do it!

Oneonone
21-11-2013, 01:09 PM
And now Watson is out last over before lunch just what we didn't want.

noubroz
21-11-2013, 01:13 PM
U guys must be kidding...

Oneonone
21-11-2013, 01:47 PM
Now Clarke out for 1 looks like a repeat of the ashes in England all over again.

AHLUNGOR
21-11-2013, 02:04 PM
Shit, Warner out for 49!

Stuart Broad took 4 wickets!

It's gonna be tough from here now !!

Smith and Bailey must stand up !

AHLUNGOR
21-11-2013, 02:40 PM
Bailey out for 3 - may be give Faulkner a try in Adelaide ??

d_concierge
21-11-2013, 02:46 PM
This is becoming like a midas session. Great expectation, but fall over all too quickly.

AHLUNGOR
21-11-2013, 03:41 PM
Mitch Johnson hit Swann for six - good on you son, the first six of the day !

You might as well go for it rather than die wondering !!

Tea time !

Oneonone
21-11-2013, 04:37 PM
Yes once again its left up to the tail to get something to bowl at.

AHLUNGOR
21-11-2013, 05:22 PM
Haddin got a half century, Johnson not too far behind, if these two can survive until stumps tonight, it's a new dawn, it's a new day tomorrow !!

We are still hopeful !!

AHLUNGOR
21-11-2013, 05:35 PM
6 for 229 !!

Haddin and Johnson both made half century and a 100 partnership.

Keep going boys !!

Oneonone
21-11-2013, 05:38 PM
6 for 229 !!

Haddin and Johnson both made half century and a 100 partnership.

Keep going boys !!

What were the batsmen doing? stuff all as usual! Come on Haddin and Johnson make it 100 each you deserve it.

Oneonone
21-11-2013, 05:53 PM
Well Johnson out to a good delivery played the wrong shot but never mind a great innings lets hope some of the remaining players (not batsmen) can stay with Haddin.

AHLUNGOR
21-11-2013, 05:54 PM
Stuart Broad got his 5th Wickets !!

Johnson out for 64 !!

He will usually bowl well when he bats well, so this could be a Mitch bowling show tomorrow !!

Oneonone
21-11-2013, 06:07 PM
Haddin into the 70 's lets hope Siddle can stay with him for the rest of today

AHLUNGOR
21-11-2013, 06:42 PM
Haddin into the 70 's lets hope Siddle can stay with him for the rest of today

Yeah, Siddles gone!

Stumps day 1, 8 for 273 ! The run rate is ok if we are only 4 or 5 down !

Haddin is 78 not out but he may be running out of partners ! How long can Harris and Lyon hangs around ? 10 overs? 15 overs ?

Lets not forget he was 14 runs short in Trent Bridge for winning the the first test for Australia! What IF !!

Lets hope we get to 300 tomorrow , anything over will be a bonus !!

England has its nose in front after the first day!

Cheers

AHLUNGOR
21-11-2013, 11:39 PM
Eng a mile in front, and Broad the star

Yeah, I think it will be fair to say that England is ahead! Not by much though!

Lets not forget during the first innings in Trent Bridge, England was all out for 215 inside 60 overs and Peter Siddle took 5 wickets !

So at at least Aust survived day 1 with 273 and still has two wickets in hand!

This is far from over!!

Lets see how far Haddin can push the score, he could have been a hero in that first test bar 14 runs !!

May be he deserved to make a big century tomorrow to set the Aussie up!!

Cheers

Oneonone
22-11-2013, 07:45 AM
Just a wild shot in the dark, can we say for example Pattison is sick and can't bat and throw David Warner in at no. 9 instead ??

He was on the field as a fielder in the first innings so apparently he is allowed to be there just wasn't picked !!

What do you guys think? If he survives the first few overs, he can score 50 in very quick time !!

That could be enough to win and exactly what we need right now - a huge weapon !

Cheers

I love your optimism AHLUNGOR