PDA

View Full Version : General talk How do you 'hide' your punting money?

PhoBot
16-07-2013, 05:39 PM
A question more for the married punters.

My problem is not being able to afford punting, but making sure the cash is not noticed. I'm always thinking of way of 'embezzling' a few 100 here and there to hide from the 'treasurer'.

I'm self employed and get a few cash jobs now and again which is generally enough for punting but I do run short now and again.

I just had a long weekend away with 20 family members, many from overseas. One of the very VERY very wealthy relatives paid the for the whole thing. All the accommodation, airfares and restaurant meals went thru my credit card and they gave me folding cash to bank, so I was able squirrel away about 2k for punting funds. (I didn't steal it from my relly, just fudged how much I was banking)

Makes me wonder how someone with a normal bank deposited salary with a partner manages to hide it :)

lockhart
16-07-2013, 05:55 PM
If your partner is very sharp in $$$$ and also interest in finance... will be tough! Not my case.

deathblow182
16-07-2013, 06:50 PM
Perhaps it's a case of every time you withdraw money from an ATM you takeout an extra 20 or 50.

Geeze that would be a bit tough for the regular punters.

If you could arrange it through work get some pay put into a different account and never tell the partner about any pay rises or bonuses?

I'm going to guess for most their partners done touch the finances and they manage the money?

I'm going to politely request ahlungor to spill how he manages this.

rooter
16-07-2013, 07:00 PM
I roll it up really tight and thread it down the eye of my cock!
If a WL can suck it out, it's hers!
She has earnt it ;)
It's a true "money shot"!

PhoBot
16-07-2013, 07:39 PM
I roll it up really tight and thread it down the eye of my cock!
If a WL can suck it out, it's hers!
She has earnt it ;)
It's a true "money shot"!

That's why I always take exact and don't ask for change!!

ALittleToTheLeft
16-07-2013, 07:43 PM
You could always say to yr wife that everyone in your division at work had to sign a new contract and take a small pay cut. You could then ask your company to direct deposit the difference into a seperate account you have set up! You can fund yr escapades like this!

hoshimoony
16-07-2013, 07:56 PM
I'm stuffed because for years I never used the ATM - paid everything by card, never carried cash around.
Need an excuse to start carrying cash again...

x11
16-07-2013, 08:33 PM
so hoshi how are you getting away with it now then? since ur obviously in the punting game now

lockhart
16-07-2013, 08:55 PM
It won't work.. annual return will expose u badly... Group certificate $$$ . If ur wife is good in Fin or gets involved with annual tax return processing u r stuffed.!

You could always say to yr wife that everyone in your division at work had to sign a new contract and take a small pay cut. You could then ask your company to direct deposit the difference into a seperate account you have set up! You can fund yr escapades like this!

justinterested
16-07-2013, 10:01 PM
Dont have this problem.

But for those who do, take cash out of atm weekly for "lunch, magazine, transport" and stash some aside.

punterian
16-07-2013, 10:36 PM
I just take out a set amount each time and put $100 bucks folded into a secret part of my wallet. Takes a few weeks to save for a punt, but missus doesnt notice and I dont account to her for every cent i spend. If i run out of day to day cash, I just draw out the same amount again, might be a week, might be a couple of days.

blakes7
16-07-2013, 11:22 PM
Go drinking with buddies from work regularly. Once in a while skip the drinks and the alcohol money becomes punt money.

Go for a legit massage once a week. Actually go once a month, so the three weeks of massage budget become sex money.

the wizard
16-07-2013, 11:28 PM
I just take out a set amount each time and put $100 bucks folded into a secret part of my wallet. Takes a few weeks to save for a punt, but missus doesnt notice and I dont account to her for every cent i spend. If i run out of day to day cash, I just draw out the same amount again, might be a week, might be a couple of days.
I do something similar-put a folded 50 each pay in a secret compartment in my wallet- I have more in that compartment than in my wallet-should last me a while

hoshimoony
16-07-2013, 11:50 PM
so hoshi how are you getting away with it now then? since ur obviously in the punting game now

I had a secret stash from years of good budgeting, but now I'm starting to run out of options.

I wonder what it shows up as on the bank statement when you use eftpos at Ginza... anyone tried this?

CunningLinguist
17-07-2013, 12:51 AM
In punt club we punch oursleves in the face just after withdrawing the max from an ATM and say we got mugged to the other half ...

Encd16f3
17-07-2013, 01:18 AM
I had a secret stash from years of good budgeting, but now I'm starting to run out of options.

I wonder what it shows up as on the bank statement when you use eftpos at Ginza... anyone tried this?

sushi @ Ginza ??? Hopefully not hoshi@Ginza. LOL.

this thread is fruit for thought!

AHLUNGOR
17-07-2013, 01:48 AM
I do something similar-put a folded 50 each pay in a secret compartment in my wallet- I have more in that compartment than in my wallet-should last me a while

My wife and I have a join account so she knows everything !! It's a hopeless situation and can't be changed as that had been the case since we married and way before I started punting!!

Luckily she is aware that I have the other punting habit as in horses and footy! So I always put some bets out every week and most of the time I lost - even in actual fact I did win and it was those winnings that basically funded my massage every week .......haha

Cheers

IExperiment
17-07-2013, 02:01 AM
My wife and I have a join account so she knows everything !! It's a hopeless situation and can't be changed as that had been the case since we married and way before I started punting!!

Luckily she is aware that I have the other punting habit as in horses and footy! So I always put some bets out every week and most of the time I lost - even in actual fact I did win and it was those winnings that basically funded my massage every week .......haha

Cheers

Its great when your loosing but still allowed to still keep gambling :) thats a good woman they are happy as long as your happy.

benife
17-07-2013, 02:14 AM
If no cash, can use eftpos!

HengDai
20-07-2013, 12:41 AM
In punt club we punch oursleves in the face just after withdrawing the max from an ATM and say we got mugged to the other half ...

HAHAHAHA, that's hilarious :)

HengDai
20-07-2013, 12:47 AM
This is actually a very good topic PhoBot.

I am in the same boat as some of you who say you stash away 50 dollar bills folded up into other compartments in my wallet. When the wife checks my wallet, she'll only see 50-100 in there and sometimes asks me if I want money from the ATM to which I always say yes! :P
I think the key is though, I have 2 bank accounts. Our joint account and my own one from before we were married. It is still live and active as my work expenses are paid back to me in to that account by my company (never bothered changing it). So the more I spend on work expenses, the more appears in my personal account! My salary gets paid into our joint account though.
So my punting budget sometimes fluctuates, but more often than not, there always seems to be enough in my personal account to withdraw from or enough in my secret stash in my wallet :)

igloo
20-07-2013, 01:55 AM
I'm stuffed because for years I never used the ATM - paid everything by card, never carried cash around.
Need an excuse to start carrying cash again...

Credit card or eftpos, if credit card then u can set it up by discussing how outrageous it is that many retail outlets are not only passing on the merchant charge charge but making a margin, not just amex any more mastercard and visa as well.
"Shops to start charging you for paying by credit card from tomorrow ... 'In the brick-and-mortar world, no one who does any sort of volume ... He notes that in Australia, where surcharging originated in 2003, extra charges have boomed to the point where one-third of retailers charge extra to use a credit card."

hoshimoony
20-07-2013, 06:00 PM
Credit card or eftpos, if credit card then u can set it up by discussing how outrageous it is that many retail outlets are not only passing on the merchant charge charge but making a margin, not just amex any more mastercard and visa as well.
"Shops to start charging you for paying by credit card from tomorrow ... 'In the brick-and-mortar world, no one who does any sort of volume ... He notes that in Australia, where surcharging originated in 2003, extra charges have boomed to the point where one-third of retailers charge extra to use a credit card."

Credit card mostly (delaying payment through interest free period adds up to a lot over the course of the year), EFTPOS if they charge surcharges.

The other reason I can't really use these excuses is that I don't shop much to begin with, and if I start using more money it'll be so obvious! Might need to start a hobby that requires cash payments as a disguise...

CunningLinguist
20-07-2013, 08:24 PM
Credit card mostly (delaying payment through interest free period adds up to a lot over the course of the year), EFTPOS if they charge surcharges.

The other reason I can't really use these excuses is that I don't shop much to begin with, and if I start using more money it'll be so obvious! Might need to start a hobby that requires cash payments as a disguise...

I have the perfect hobby for you: gambling
You can explain your unexplained absences: at the track or TAB
You can explain your unexplained cash withdrawals: money for bets

rooter
20-07-2013, 09:46 PM
Man, it must be tough being in a relationship and a punter as well; explaining where you have been, where the money went etc. I sympathise with you guys. You have to be creative!
It's too easy for me as a single guy not having to account to anyone.
I guess that's why I punt more than most guys. And the fact that I am a complete slut! ;)
Anyway keep up the good work guys.

CunningLinguist
20-07-2013, 10:22 PM
Man, it must be tough being in a relationship and a punter as well; explaining where you have been, where the money went etc. I sympathise with you guys. You have to be creative!
It's too easy for me as a single guy not having to account to anyone.
I guess that's why I punt more than most guys. And the fact that I am a complete slut! ;)
Anyway keep up the good work guys.

You forgot to mention hiding the perfume smell slut ... :)

old fat man
03-08-2013, 10:24 AM
Really enjoyed this thread, think I have done most of these things except the roll up tight down my cock, I have a motorcycle and go for long rides on my own, that costs money, usually approx. $150 when you account for fuel food and drinks, you know a beer and a couple of coffees and cakes and a pub lunch. this works well for me as it accounts for time and money, also keeps the maintainence costs down on the bike because I am doing the big kilometres any more.

teebob
03-08-2013, 10:49 AM
looks like the wives here scrutinise your income and have access to financial documents like tax return etc. Do you have the same level of access from your wives (if they are also working)?

ChanMan
03-08-2013, 11:05 AM
The MRS and I have a join account but she thinks that all the $$$$$$ goes to that account. I have a separate account for my punting (horses/sport) and punting (our kind). So I have enough to get my fix of punting for the month..

Kinda get the guilt trip as well when I have more than enough to go punting at least twice a week, so every so often I just give the mrs the odd surprise present.

AHLUNGOR
03-08-2013, 11:38 AM
Really enjoyed this thread, think I have done most of these things except the roll up tight down my cock, I have a motorcycle and go for long rides on my own, that costs money, usually approx. $150 when you account for fuel food and drinks, you know a beer and a couple of coffees and cakes and a pub lunch. this works well for me as it accounts for time and money, also keeps the maintainence costs down on the bike because I am doing the big kilometres any more.

Hi brother ,

Just be very careful my friend because most women are smarter than we want to believe!

A bike ride (a Harley ??) to the south coast or the blue mountain and back can definitely account for your disappearance for three hours+ (by spending two hours at Stanmore instead) and a significant drop of your cash reserve in your wallet.

But how do you explain for making only 40km in your bike instead of 240 km ???

Good luck mate.......haha

Cheers

old fat man
06-08-2013, 03:59 PM
lol good thought ahlungor but I ride the bike without punting to, so it does get plenty of use and she hopefully continues to go nowhere near it when it is parked up safe and sound, nthe odometer will be a give away if she thinks of it

Travelmate
06-08-2013, 04:20 PM
hidding perfume is harder than hidding money

kamo
07-08-2013, 12:42 AM
I must be a rarity among members - the wife doesn't really fuss too much about the bank balance. I'm the one who gets $ out from the ATM so its pretty easy to skim a fair bit off the top!

Used to try and keep my punting adventures to a month or so apart, but the last few months have seen at least one visit a fortnight... and I don't like rushing, so it's always for an hour!