PDA

View Full Version : General talk When I was her man..

asiafever
07-08-2013, 09:37 AM
After my punt with Cherry yesterday, it is fair to say I was on a high. She is like the fountain of youth. I felt younger, brighter. I took myself off for a run (something I used to do 4 or so times a week, yet these days struggle to find the motivation to do it that often per year) and was surprisingly strong for someone who had run just a handful of times in 4 years..

But of course, what goes up..

The message I had been long wanting finally arrived, but not what I had hoped to hear, though the content was of little surprise.

Those of you who read my Winnie AR would remember the Cherry/Karen side of the story. No not Cherry the masseuse I saw yesterday, Cherry the ex-masseuse.. Anyhow, Cherry and I had been in regular contact again since our chance meeting, culminating in two very steamy sessions over the weekend, one of which was heard by most of my street apparently, to the point where one of my rather cheeky neighbours left me a bottle of Champagne to celebrate on my doorstep the next morning. But at the end of the weekend, Cherry told me that it can't be repeated, and I agreed. She still was not ready to play second fiddle to the Little Princess. Understood.

But last night I received word from Karen, at last. She had disappeared without trace a few weeks ago. No explanation as to why. Calls not returned, etc. Understanding that saying nothing is saying something, I walked away. Last night my explanation came in way of an email.

"My Dearest Fever,

I am so sorry I don't contact you one month. I feel bad. I'm sorry.
I am very happy to spend time with you, I had a good time with you every time. I love being with you. I wish I could meet you every day, I miss you so much.
But your time is little, you have daughter and business, and live far from City. I understand, but I feel lonely when I can't see you. When I felt lonely, I go out with my friends and meet someone. He is student too, so we can spend a lot of time together, I don't feel lonely with him.
I am sorry to tell you this. I feel bad for you. I hope I can be happy and you can be happy too. Maybe some time we can meet again..

Missing you.

Karen."

I suspected as much, but still...

So for the second time in a week, in fact in a couple of days, my circumstance has proven my undoing.. As I sat reading her email, the radio on in the background, Bruno Mars came on to preach to me, "when I was your man" played mournfully in the background. And so I was left thinking the same thoughts as young Bruno:

"But I just want you to know
I hope he buys you flowers, I hope he holds yours hand
Give you all his hours, when he has the chance
Take you to every party cause I remember how much you loved to dance
Do all the things I should've done when I was your man
Do all the things I should've done when I was your man"

But with daylight comes optimism. I must continue on the path I have chosen. My priority must always be to the Little Princess, especially while she is so young. Someday soon, someone will understand that. And to her will be rewards beyond her wildest dreams, beyond pure material wealth.

Until then, as bro CMK dedicated to me:
"No, I don't know where I'm going
But, I sure know where I've been
Hanging on the promises
In songs of yesterday
An' I've made up my mind,
I ain't wasting no more time
Here I go again
Here I go again

Tho' I keep searching for an answer,
I never seem to find what I'm looking for
Oh Lord, I pray
You give me strength to carry on,
'Cos I know what it means
To walk along the lonely street of dreams

An' here I go again on my own
Goin' down the only road I've ever known,
Like a drifter I was born to walk alone
An' I've made up my mind

I'm just another heart in need of rescue,
Waiting on love's sweet charity
An' I'm gonna hold on
For the rest of my days,
To walk along the lonely street of dreams"

Those working girls, they'll do your head in, but damn I wouldn't have it any other way. I guess I am a glutton for punishment...

Boney
07-08-2013, 10:42 AM
Very nice piece.

Passion is the fine line between pleasure and pain

herecticx
07-08-2013, 11:12 AM
Hanging on the promises
In songs of yesterday
Here I go again
Here I go again

Oh Lord, I pray

An' I've made up my mind

An' I'm gonna hold on
For the rest of my days,

This is beautiful, brought tears to my eyes while i was reading it

jellyshots
07-08-2013, 12:19 PM
After my punt with Cherry yesterday, it is fair to say I was on a high. She is like the fountain of youth. I felt younger, brighter. I took myself off for a run (something I used to do 4 or so times a week, yet these days struggle to find the motivation to do it that often per year) and was surprisingly strong for someone who had run just a handful of times in 4 years..

The message I had been long wanting finally arrived, but not what I had hoped to hear, though the content was of little surprise.

Those of you who read my Winnie AR would remember the Cherry/Karen side of the story. No not Cherry the masseuse I saw yesterday, Cherry the ex-masseuse.. Anyhow, Cherry and I had been in regular contact again since our chance meeting, culminating in two very steamy sessions over the weekend, one of which was heard by most of my street apparently, to the point where one of my rather cheeky neighbours left me a bottle of Champagne to celebrate on my doorstep the next morning. But at the end of the weekend, Cherry told me that it can't be repeated, and I agreed. She still was not ready to play second fiddle to the Little Princess. Understood.

But last night I received word from Karen, at last. She had disappeared without trace a few weeks ago. No explanation as to why. Calls not returned, etc. Understanding that saying nothing is saying something, I walked away. Last night my explanation came in way of an email.

"My Dearest Fever,

I am very happy to spend time with you, I had a good time with you every time. I love being with you. I wish I could meet you every day, I miss you so much.
But your time is little, you have daughter and business, and live far from City. I understand, but I feel lonely when I can't see you. When I felt lonely, I go out with my friends and meet someone. He is student too, so we can spend a lot of time together, I don't feel lonely with him.
I am sorry to tell you this. I feel bad for you. I hope I can be happy and you can be happy too. Maybe some time we can meet again..

Missing you.

Karen."

So for the second time in a week, in fact in a couple of days, my circumstance has proven my undoing.. As I sat reading her email, the radio on in the background, Bruno Mars came on to preach to me, "when I was your man" played mournfully in the background.

But with daylight comes optimism. I must continue on the path I have chosen. My priority must always be to the Little Princess, especially while she is so young. Someday soon, someone will understand that. And to her will be rewards beyond her wildest dreams, beyond pure material wealth.

Those working girls, they'll do your head in, but damn I wouldn't have it any other way. I guess I am a glutton for punishment...

Hey bro Fever,

I have to say, I know exactly how you are feeling. Even though I jumped back in the saddle, I'm haunted by Rhianna's song, "Stay". None of them give us good reasons for leaving. Kova stopped telling me things like she misses me, stopped signing off with kisses etc. Yet, she has resumed texting me at least 10 messages every day or so. And if I see her, she doesn't tell me that she misses me or anything even remotely like she cares for me. Yet she stares are me across a room enough that the other girls notice and when she thinks no-one's looking, she trails her fingers along my arms or face affectionately - every chance she gets.

They will definitely do your head in and like you, I don't think I'd have it any other way. I may f*ck a few women but even now, my heart is still with the one I can't be with. Cest la vie!

And my dedication to you is as follows...

"Stay"
Rhianna (feat. Mikky Ekko)

All along it was a fever
A cold sweat hot-headed believer
I threw my hands in the air, said, "Show me something,"
He said, "If you dare come a little closer."

Round and around and around and around we go
Oh now, tell me now, tell me now, tell me now you know.

Not really sure how to feel about it.
Something in the way you move
Makes me feel like I can't live without you.
It takes me all the way.
I want you to stay

It's not much of a life you're living
It's not just something you take – it's given

Round and around and around and around we go
Oh now, tell me now, tell me now, tell me now you know.

It takes me all the way.
I want you to stay.

Ooh, ooh, ooh, the reason I hold on
Ooh, ooh, ooh, 'cause I need this hole gone
Funny you're the broken one but I'm the only one who needed saving
'Cause when you never see the light it's hard to know which one of us is caving.

It takes me all the way.
I want you to stay, stay.
I want you to stay, oh.

asiafever
07-08-2013, 01:10 PM
Thanks mate, I know you know EXACTLY what this feels like. It is a dangerously addictive world we live in.
I've added that to the playlist now.

Sextus
07-08-2013, 02:03 PM
"Turn them on! turn them on!
Turn on those sad songs
When all hope is gone
you know sad songs say so much"

Even though they are just risibly bad poetry for the rest of us! :shout:

asiafever
07-08-2013, 03:27 PM
"Turn them on! turn them on!
Turn on those sad songs
When all hope is gone
you know sad songs say so much"
Even though they are just risibly bad poetry for the rest of us! :shout:

It could be worse, at least no-one has broken out Celine Dion, Simply Red or Michael Bolton!!! Mind you, Whitesnake won't be going down in history as lyrical geniuses it must be said...

Punter Poontang
07-08-2013, 04:55 PM
Mind you, Whitesnake won't be going down in history as lyrical geniuses it must be said...

Truth bomb.

IExperiment
08-08-2013, 01:02 AM

"My Dearest Fever,

Missing you.

Karen."

So for the second time in a week, in fact in a couple of days, my circumstance has proven my undoing.. As I sat reading her email, the radio on in the background, Bruno Mars came on to preach to me, "when I was your man" played mournfully in the background. And so I was left thinking the same thoughts as young Bruno:

Hanging on the promises
In songs of yesterday
Here I go again
Here I go again

Oh Lord, I pray

An' I've made up my mind

An' I'm gonna hold on
For the rest of my days,

Nice I like all Bruno Mars song and this was the break up song for me too with the GF and yes I took her for granted or she said she was my spared tyre.
Next girl I get I will play Bruno Mars Treasure :) the Explicit version.

whtthe
08-08-2013, 01:21 AM

"My Dearest Fever,

Missing you.

Karen."

Hanging on the promises
In songs of yesterday
Here I go again
Here I go again

Oh Lord, I pray

An' I've made up my mind

An' I'm gonna hold on
For the rest of my days,

Chris brown "don't judge me"

http://youtu.be/z29nI8RQV0U

cmk76
08-08-2013, 03:33 AM

"My Dearest Fever,

Missing you.

Karen."

Hanging on the promises
In songs of yesterday
Here I go again
Here I go again

Oh Lord, I pray

An' I've made up my mind

An' I'm gonna hold on
For the rest of my days,

care to do a candid report on cherry and the steamy weekend you had? hehehe...

Sextus
08-08-2013, 12:24 PM
whtte, cmk and iexperiment - lose the super long quotes please! There is only a one liner under them. It is farcial!

asiafever
08-08-2013, 01:13 PM
care to do a candid report on cherry and the steamy weekend you had? hehehe...

That wouldn't be gentlemanly behaviour to discuss such things in open forum... but if I show you the video.... ;-P

jellyshots
08-08-2013, 11:20 PM
Ok bro, we gotta pick ourselves up... Here's a blast from the past - Eurodance. I'm not even going to bother doing a lyrics list, there's literally no point. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lgs9QUtWc3M AliceDeejay - Better Off Alone.

asiafever
08-08-2013, 11:24 PM
Ok bro, we gotta pick ourselves up... Here's a blast from the past - Eurodance. I'm not even going to bother doing a lyrics list, there's literally no point. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lgs9QUtWc3M AliceDeejay - Better Off Alone.

Faaark that is old school. Haven't heard that in ages! Got to be 15 years ago I remember that in the clubs.. Great find mate!

jellyshots
08-08-2013, 11:25 PM
Faaark that is old school. Haven't heard that in ages! Got to be 15 years ago I remember that in the clubs.. Great find mate!
Crap, I used to remember when the girls used to strip to it at Mens Gallery...

asiafever
08-08-2013, 11:29 PM
HAHA, yeah. My most memorable mens gallery song is this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wt88GMJmVk0 The two girls doing the dance were, quite simply, phenomenal...

jellyshots
09-08-2013, 09:48 AM
Yum, although I wish Kova and Gwen Stefani didn't look so damn similar from the neck down.

asiafever
09-08-2013, 11:05 AM
Also remember an awesome double show to this...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T18K-BcZZb4&feature=youtube_gdata_player