PDA

View Full Version : General talk Erection problems not just a bedroom issue

CunningLinguist
16-08-2013, 10:51 AM
From this article: click here (http://www.abc.net.au/health/features/stories/2013/08/13/3824571.htm#.Ug1nMxqtpSQ)

Some quotes:

There are often some pretty clear clues as to whether the problem is psychological; one is they still get their early morning or overnight erections.
Most men over 80 have erectile dysfunction. If you look at a man who's 80, his facial skin is sagging and wrinkly and his muscles have lost tone. Well, the same thing is happening in the penis. That's an ageing process.
But as men move through their 40s, 50s, 60s, there's also an increase in the prevalence of ED and in a big portion of this group it's frequently a vascular [blood vessel] problem.
It's not so much that there's necessarily heart disease at that point, but the factors that lead onto causing heart disease are now starting to show up in the penis. In a sense, the penis is a barometer because to get an erection and maintain it, you need to increase the blood flow by about 10 or even 15 times. There's no other organ in the body like that. So if you've got minor things affecting the vascular system, it will show up in the penis.
A lot of men like to go through channels where they can be anonymous but we discourage that. You can buy drugs on the internet without having a medical check-up. But there are quite a lot of inactive fakes. There have also been deaths from fakes contaminated with toxic substances.
Men can also go to some of these clinics where you can do a telephone consultation but really the process is all about selling medications, rather than medical assessment.
An erection has a value in that it's oxygenating and stretching out the penis and [this] allows it to work at its best.

Licker
16-08-2013, 05:45 PM
The article is quite right.

It creeps up on you slowly. You may still get a hard-on during sex and stimulation, but the morning boner goes without you even noticing it.

I started having problems about 5 years ago, but then I started exercising and eating better.
Lost 25 kg and what do you know... blood pressure, sugar and cholesterol levels dropped back to normal.
And the added bonus... nowadays I wake up in a tent most mornings, and the angle of erection has changed from 80 to 110, so back to what it was when 20 something.

I wholeheartedly recommend starting exercise, it helps to most problems (in addition to erectile ones).