PDA

View Full Version : General talk Would you buy out a WL?

rage_face
24-08-2013, 09:39 AM
I was hanging out with my bud last night and suggested going for a punt, he said no as he had to save money. I asked him why, and as he had had a few to drink, he opened up to me and told me that he had fallen for a WL, who was asking him for a large sum of money so she could quit her job and enter into a proper relationship with him.

I asked him how much she wanted and he wouldn't say, just stating that it was enough for a house deposit. He said he didn't even have the money but had already taken out a loan from the bank and was now sitting on the money thinking about it. Her story is she got into this work because a family member got sick, she borrowed money to help and is now repaying it back through this.

He reckons she seems genuine about quitting as she's always complaining about her job (and she's introduced him to her friends and plans to introduce him to her parents), but he's afraid she'll leave or they'll break up after he hands over the money. He said his worst fear is she continues working, because after all, he really just wants to help her get out of this line of work.

So I ask two questions of you bros, 1) do you believe her story and 2) would you do it?

I wanted to give him the "you don't pay for a depreciating asset" line, but seems to me he's too emotionally involved to buy it.

kimoji
24-08-2013, 09:51 AM
oh no.

not this thing again.

Oneonone
24-08-2013, 10:01 AM
Forget it man it doesn't work 9 times out of 10 you will just get taken for a ride.

brownwallaby
24-08-2013, 10:18 AM
if they go on with the deal and somehow along the way the relationship breaks down will she return part of the money?

Oneonone
24-08-2013, 10:50 AM
if they go on with the deal and somehow along the way the relationship breaks down will she return part of the money?

Do you still believe in Santa Clause! My experience is that you agree on an amount then 6 months down the track she wants more and it goes on from there.

CunningLinguist
24-08-2013, 11:01 AM
I was hanging out with my bud last night and suggested going for a punt, he said no as he had to save money. I asked him why, and as he had had a few to drink, he opened up to me and told me that he had fallen for a WL, who was asking him for a large sum of money so she could quit her job and enter into a proper relationship with him.

I asked him how much she wanted and he wouldn't say, just stating that it was enough for a house deposit. He said he didn't even have the money but had already taken out a loan from the bank and was now sitting on the money thinking about it. Her story is she got into this work because a family member got sick, she borrowed money to help and is now repaying it back through this.

He reckons she seems genuine about quitting as she's always complaining about her job (and she's introduced him to her friends and plans to introduce him to her parents), but he's afraid she'll leave or they'll break up after he hands over the money. He said his worst fear is she continues working, because after all, he really just wants to help her get out of this line of work.

So I ask two questions of you bros, 1) do you believe her story and 2) would you do it?

I wanted to give him the "you don't pay for a depreciating asset" line, but seems to me he's too emotionally involved to buy it.

It's hard to say if she is genuine without knowing her, but if your friend thinks she is then I think the best thing is not to hand over the lump sum but pay her the profit she would make each week if she was a WL. Then she can send this to her sick family member. This way your friend is protected against being ripped off by a large amount and the WL and her sick family member is no worse off. If she doesn't accept this she is lying and time to dump her. I would be asking what sickness the family member has also, If you are now paying them for it. Perhaps even meeting them would be prudent.

OldPing
24-08-2013, 03:04 PM
Very wise bro CunningLinguist. U just pay the same amount the wl earns weekly. Then revise after a cooling period. This will give u time to cool down the emotion. And also to see if u can afford repaying the loan.

CunningLinguist
24-08-2013, 03:23 PM
Is the WL thai ?

AHLUNGOR
24-08-2013, 03:45 PM
Enough money for a deposit of a house!

I guess that would be around $50-$60K then!

It is easy enough for a WL to earn that kind of money, just a bit over $1,000 a week! For may be only two to three days work or less!

I don't have an answer to that as only the people actually involved shall decide!

But I will give you my two cents:

1. If she was my girl friend and she needs the money for her family and if I can't help her, she will enter the industry to pay for this herself! I will do everything I can to help her and save her from selling her body!

2. If I meet this WL she is already working to pay for her loan, I will let her continue to work to settle her own debt. I will save the money I would have give to her to help us start a new life if that is even possible !

Personally if a girl is already working, there is really no difference if she had FS with 100 or 500 people isn't it ??

Good luck to the WL and you friend

Cheers

insanekicker
24-08-2013, 03:59 PM
Don't fall for the story... It's just that a story...use your brain to think and not your heart or dick

MaxPunter
24-08-2013, 04:09 PM
Enough money for a deposit of a house!

1. If she was my girl friend and she needs the money for her family and if I can't help her, she will enter the industry to pay for this herself! I will do everything I can to help her and save her from selling her body!

2. If I meet this WL she is already working to pay for her loan, I will let her continue to work to settle her own debt. I will save the money I would have give to her to help us start a new life if that is even possible !

Personally if a girl is already working, there is really no difference if she had FS with 100 or 500 people isn't it ??

Good luck to the WL and you friend

Cheers

Best advice so far
For a WL 50K are not so difficult to make (3-6 months); if she has been working already would it make any difference if she works few more months?

In the best case scenario where the WL is telling the truth and is honest about her intentions of helping the family and stop working once got enough money, she will still be in debt of the money borrowed from your friend.
She could be stuck in this relationship only because she cannot repay the money back...would you call this love?

Tk001
24-08-2013, 06:32 PM
Seems like a hoax and a load of rubbish. Even if it was genuine in today's world you cannot believe these kind of things. Like 1 bro said a deposit for a house where looking at over 50k. That's a lot of money. Surely he can get a girl without paying for one. As a mate steer him the right way.

the wizard
24-08-2013, 06:48 PM
Seems like a hoax and a load of rubbish. Even if it was genuine in today's world you cannot believe these kind of things. Like 1 bro said a deposit for a house where looking at over 50k. That's a lot of money. Surely he can get a girl without paying for one. As a mate steer him the right way.
Agree here, if she was really genuine about him she wouldn't be asking for money anyway, quit for him and get a regular job like the millions out there.
Plenty of fish in the sea, why gravitate towards a W/l - who will possibly take him to the cleaners mentally and physically....

mattemeiser
24-08-2013, 07:42 PM
Then it would be a sick buffalo... even though the family members all live in Bangkok.

mattemeiser
24-08-2013, 07:42 PM
Is the WL thai ?

Then it would be a sick buffalo... even though the family members all live in Bangkok.

jellyshots
25-08-2013, 12:10 AM
Yep, he's getting ripped big time. I've had an ML quit her job for me. When she felt financial pressure after a few months she broke things off and started working again.

I placed conditions on it. She had to have a plan to leave the industry, not just leave and hope for the best. I kept seeing her on the shop after but not exclusively. In the end, the rest of the girls told her what I had been telling her all along. So now, she's doing English lessons, TAFE , has a new apartment, getting her license and has a plan on place to get normal work. So she has a realistic end date in mind.

And since I haven't been a jerk about things, she's also asked to resume our relationship - although that could have something to do with another ML asking me to dinner next week.

If the WL is serious, she doesn't need some guy paying $50k or even $25k. ML's earn about $2k per week if they do 4 shifts. All women will try to pull a swifty if they can. It's built into their subconscious.

Every guy experiences one time when their gf, wife or even your mum who goes to pay for something like a coffee or cake and stands there pissing about with their purse. So long that you grab your wallet, pay for it and then spend the next 5 minutes telling them, "it's ok. Don't worry about it."

So, what blokes have to do is be strong and show them, yes I may be ruled by my dick but because of this wonderful system of punting, I get to choose who I see and where I spend both times and money.

puntbook
25-08-2013, 01:44 AM

The whole thread seems like a hoax. It's amazing how often these topics pop up again.

Licker
25-08-2013, 02:09 AM
The whole thread seems like a hoax. It's amazing how often these topics pop up again.

It's also amazing how often these things happen to a "friend"

Tk001
25-08-2013, 05:42 AM
"Friend" usually means person who created thread.

slarty
25-08-2013, 09:09 AM
Yep, he's getting ripped big time. I've had an ML quit her job for me. When she felt financial pressure after a few months she broke things off and started working again.

I placed conditions on it. She had to have a plan to leave the industry, not just leave and hope for the best. I kept seeing her on the shop after but not exclusively. In the end, the rest of the girls told her what I had been telling her all along. So now, she's doing English lessons, TAFE , has a new apartment, getting her license and has a plan on place to get normal work. So she has a realistic end date in mind.

And since I haven't been a jerk about things, she's also asked to resume our relationship - although that could have something to do with another ML asking me to dinner next week.

If the WL is serious, she doesn't need some guy paying $50k or even $25k. ML's earn about $2k per week if they do 4 shifts. All women will try to pull a swifty if they can. It's built into their subconscious.

Every guy experiences one time when their gf, wife or even your mum who goes to pay for something like a coffee or cake and stands there pissing about with their purse. So long that you grab your wallet, pay for it and then spend the next 5 minutes telling them, "it's ok. Don't worry about it."

So, what blokes have to do is be strong and show them, yes I may be ruled by my dick but because of this wonderful system of punting, I get to choose who I see and where I spend both times and money.

Couldn't agree more Jellyshots. Whilst the circumstances are different with working and non working ladies the basic principles are the same. As for the original post, no woman that respects you will feel comfortable about asking for let alone receiving that kind of money to stop working.

Oneonone
25-08-2013, 10:30 AM

Well we are all too smart to let it happen to us! Aren't we?

mongolian
25-08-2013, 11:38 AM
Hello world

asiafever
25-08-2013, 12:13 PM
Couldn't agree more Jellyshots. Whilst the circumstances are different with working and non working ladies the basic principles are the same. As for the original post, no woman that respects you will feel comfortable about asking for let alone receiving that kind of money to stop working.

Agree with both jelly and slarty. Nuff said...

Travelmate
25-08-2013, 01:57 PM
i do not care whether this is real or not.
if i give her 50k.
i must be really fuck in my head
just me

DarkZero01
25-08-2013, 11:48 PM
The answer for me is still NO!
50k is not a small amount of cash for most of us unless your friend is rich.
Should just tell your friend forget about her its not worth it and think logically. It would make him to feel alot easier and he would be more happier with less stress

Tk001
25-08-2013, 11:55 PM
i do not care whether this is real or not.
if i give her 50k.
i must be really fuck in my head
just me

Hi 5 to travelmate

Chucky
26-08-2013, 01:01 PM
What rubbish. I'd tell her to quit and work exclusively for me - give her her weekly wages she would normally earn but she would only massage me for those services. Then she is earning the money. if she is legit, at the end of the period, she will stick around and massage/RNT/FS me for free anyway.

rage_face
14-10-2013, 09:11 PM
An update - I caught up with my mate on the weekend and things have apparently gotten worse.

He didn't really take my advice to steer away, but he did take my advice (which I got from this thread) about the weekly payment thing. Turns out she initially asked him for $90k, and because he wouldn't (couldn't) cough it up, they broke up for a while. Later on they somehow re-connected and this time she asked for $50k. He said he would pay $40k and she agreed. However, when it came time to actually pay, he said he would only give her $5k per week, and he said she lost her shit, totally went off at him, saying that wasn't part of the deal.

They broke up again over that but she ended up coming back and accepting it. She got very sick and had to stop work, and became totally reliant for him for money. On top of the $5k, he paid for everything else like dinner and stuff. He told me he knew what he was doing was wrong, he just didn't have a good feeling about it, so he came up with a plan to test her. After he handed over $15k (I was shocked he even got to this amount) he told her he lost his job to see if she'd stay with him. She begged and pleaded for another $10k, so he gave that as well (I told him if she really loved him, she would not ask for his money when he was out of a job).

He told me that's when things started to get really shitty. She started accusing him of being a liar (because her reasoning was he agreed to pay 50, then 40, and now 25) and insulting him, saying $5k was nothing (I think even Warren Buffet wouldn't say $5k per week was nothing) and that she needed the rest of the money. He told me one night he was trying to sleep, but she wouldn't let him, just kept slapping him in the face and asking for the rest of the money. They had a huge fight over this but made up again.

So he kept up this charade of being unemployed, but kept paying for her living expenses, like rent, groceries, dinners etc. One time he decided to take it to the extreme, and when she asked for $1500, he said he couldn't give it to her that week because he had to pay for his car rego and insurance. She lost her shit again and called him selfish (I'm still wondering if this girl lives on a different planet) and they finally broke up.

He told me the total damage was probably about $30k. I tried to comfort him by saying, you know, well at least you saved $10k, it could've been worse and you gave her the whole $40k, and that at least he found out now and not later. But I don't think it worked.

This is where I need your help bros. My friend is a really nice guy and I've never seen him pissed off. He wouldn't hurt a fly (in fact, one time I was gonna step on a snail and he told me not to lol). But I saw something in his eyes. He looked different. He told me he didn't know if he should feel sad or angry. I asked him what he was thinking and he didn't say, but it looked like he was thinking of taking some action. That's just my guess, but it was just the look on his face. It kinda scared me. You know that quiet, calm type of anger you get? It was that.

I'm guessing he might either harm himself or the girl. I'm gonna meet him on Friday night, but what advice do you think I can give to calm him down? I mean, money lost is spilt milk, but should I say that to him??

jellyshots
14-10-2013, 09:53 PM
Oh man. When you test them, it should be in small increments. For example, my ex told me that things were getting bad, that she was struggling, barely getting 2 bookings a day. So I gave her what I'd normally spend in a punt with her to see what she'd do. I spent $400 mostly so that's what I gave her. She took the next day off, paid bills then spent the evening with me. This is pretty much what I expected. That she'd not work to the equivalent of what she could earn. And for her, she was grateful that she wouldn't have to put up with guys trying to feel her up for a day.

The other thing was a plan. She actually had a plan to quit. I still ended up breaking up with her but there's no hard feelings on my part. I had my own plan to help her. I was looking at a small business in my name that she could manage. I'd pay for the rent and expenses, the profit, she could keep. That would have been equivalent to about $90k in a year. Now, the thing is, if she didn't turn a profit, I could dump the business as a tax write-off.

Now, as for your friend. Intervene quickly man. I am the same as your mate. If I'm a little peeved at something or someone, I'll jump up and down - it's my way of venting. If I go quiet, usually I've made my decision and I'm absolutely ruthless about executing whatever decision that I've made. It's like, I'll do what I have to and if need be, I'll apologise to whoever I need to after...

Pull him aside and tell him that he's making really bad decisions for himself. That everyone has gone out with what I call the "pig-slut". That bitch that is happy for you to look like a dickhead while she bleeds you dry and stops giving you blowjobs. Don't fall for it. I'm not saying don't have relationships with ML's/WL's. I prefer ML's to the normal bitchy Aussie women you encounter. Get a new phone number, delete your e-mail address, block her on Facebook but fuck her off out of your life before he does something stupid and borrows it off his parents or the bank or sells stuff.

CunningLinguist
14-10-2013, 10:29 PM
An update - I caught up with my mate on the weekend and things have apparently gotten worse.

He didn't really take my advice to steer away, but he did take my advice (which I got from this thread) about the weekly payment thing. Turns out she initially asked him for $90k, and because he wouldn't (couldn't) cough it up, they broke up for a while. Later on they somehow re-connected and this time she asked for $50k. He said he would pay $40k and she agreed. However, when it came time to actually pay, he said he would only give her $5k per week, and he said she lost her shit, totally went off at him, saying that wasn't part of the deal.

They broke up again over that but she ended up coming back and accepting it. She got very sick and had to stop work, and became totally reliant for him for money. On top of the $5k, he paid for everything else like dinner and stuff. He told me he knew what he was doing was wrong, he just didn't have a good feeling about it, so he came up with a plan to test her. After he handed over $15k (I was shocked he even got to this amount) he told her he lost his job to see if she'd stay with him. She begged and pleaded for another $10k, so he gave that as well (I told him if she really loved him, she would not ask for his money when he was out of a job).

He told me that's when things started to get really shitty. She started accusing him of being a liar (because her reasoning was he agreed to pay 50, then 40, and now 25) and insulting him, saying $5k was nothing (I think even Warren Buffet wouldn't say $5k per week was nothing) and that she needed the rest of the money. He told me one night he was trying to sleep, but she wouldn't let him, just kept slapping him in the face and asking for the rest of the money. They had a huge fight over this but made up again.

So he kept up this charade of being unemployed, but kept paying for her living expenses, like rent, groceries, dinners etc. One time he decided to take it to the extreme, and when she asked for $1500, he said he couldn't give it to her that week because he had to pay for his car rego and insurance. She lost her shit again and called him selfish (I'm still wondering if this girl lives on a different planet) and they finally broke up.

He told me the total damage was probably about $30k. I tried to comfort him by saying, you know, well at least you saved $10k, it could've been worse and you gave her the whole $40k, and that at least he found out now and not later. But I don't think it worked.

This is where I need your help bros. My friend is a really nice guy and I've never seen him pissed off. He wouldn't hurt a fly (in fact, one time I was gonna step on a snail and he told me not to lol). But I saw something in his eyes. He looked different. He told me he didn't know if he should feel sad or angry. I asked him what he was thinking and he didn't say, but it looked like he was thinking of taking some action. That's just my guess, but it was just the look on his face. It kinda scared me. You know that quiet, calm type of anger you get? It was that.

I'm guessing he might either harm himself or the girl. I'm gonna meet him on Friday night, but what advice do you think I can give to calm him down? I mean, money lost is spilt milk, but should I say that to him??

Did your friend find out what sickness the family member had ?
Did he meet the sick family member ?
Is the WL Thai ?
From the sounds of things it looks like your friend could benefit from some professional counselling.
The girl sounds too far gone, best to cut her off and never see her again.

Punter Poontang
14-10-2013, 11:55 PM
Your friend is a fucking idiot.

But some people just invite this stuff upon themselves in a fit of self-destruction and simply can't be helped.

Just imagine the sheer volume of poon he could've had for that $25K, sans the emotional drama and both literal & metaphorical bitchslaps.

rubntug
15-10-2013, 12:05 AM

But some people just invite this stuff upon themselves in a fit of self-destruction and simply can't be helped.

Just imagine the sheer volume of poon he could've had for that $25K, sans the emotional drama and both literal & metaphorical bitchslaps.

Amen, brother.

pro_seeker
15-10-2013, 12:14 AM
Sorry but bro poontang is right, your friend is an idiot. Cut her off and stop seeing her, I wouldn't go out with anybody who asked for money period. Everyone has to earn their way somehow in this world and asking for money for being a girlfriend ain't it.

Punter Poontang
15-10-2013, 01:19 AM
asking for money for being a girlfriend ain't it.

There's a grey area there with the whole 'sugar baby' movement, I see nothing wrong with that kind of arrangement where monetary consideration and sexual expectations are clarified in advance. But those are usually paid for and delivered on weekly, so if either party reneges on their obligations it's no big deal and they just move on.

But $40k or $50k or $90k upfront, just to avoid her bitching?? May as well be done with it and get married....

The whole situation is madness, the saddest part is that deep down the guy knew it all along but just couldn't help himself. My honest advice to the OP on how to handle this situation is to surround yourself with better mates, this one will just bring you down.

rage_face
15-10-2013, 07:55 AM
Pull him aside and tell him that he's making really bad decisions for himself. That everyone has gone out with what I call the "pig-slut". That bitch that is happy for you to look like a dickhead while she bleeds you dry and stops giving you blowjobs. Don't fall for it. I'm not saying don't have relationships with ML's/WL's. I prefer ML's to the normal bitchy Aussie women you encounter. Get a new phone number, delete your e-mail address, block her on Facebook but fuck her off out of your life before he does something stupid and borrows it off his parents or the bank or sells stuff.

Fuck I didn't even think of that bro. I remember he told me once that he pays his parents' mortgage and it's nearly paid off.

Did your friend find out what sickness the family member had ?
Did he meet the sick family member ?
Is the WL Thai ?
From the sounds of things it looks like your friend could benefit from some professional counselling.
The girl sounds too far gone, best to cut her off and never see her again.

All I can answer is that she's Korean, the rest I'll ask him on Friday.

Yes. I'm wondering if I should say to him, to comfort him, something like, at least it's not a divorce, where you would've lost a lot more. I mean, $30k is cheap for a divorce eh?

The whole situation is madness, the saddest part is that deep down the guy knew it all along but just couldn't help himself. My honest advice to the OP on how to handle this situation is to surround yourself with better mates, this one will just bring you down.

Yes, he knew it deep down, that's why he said he felt it was wrong and that's why he tested her. Pity he gave her that extra $10k after. He said that was really the straw that broke the camel's back. He said $15k he could handle, but $30k was too much.

And bro, I can't leave him at this time. I'm really worried what he might do.

rooter
15-10-2013, 08:19 AM
How gullible is this guy!
Cut your losses and get out ASAP is the best advice anyone can give him.
Put it down to experience.

tarl1975
15-10-2013, 08:41 AM
Well. This is what I did once quite a long time ago. One of the WLs told me that she's had enough of working in the industry. She only worked because she needed the money and the family couldn't support her anymore (long story). The worst thing is that her English is not that great and she had no support in Australia and had no idea what to do. She likes me and I like her. So, one day I told her that I will help her to find a full time job that pays the proper minimum wage. She quickly gave me all her contact details. While I used my connection to find her a job, long story short, she did not work at all after I saw her and when she returned to work, I booked out the entire day of her last day so that she does not need to see another punter. So, basically, I was her last customer. She is very thankful and we have kept in touch since - as friends... too much complication our relationship went further than friends... This is someone that can and should be helped. She did not want upfront cash and just wanted a normal job...

AHLUNGOR
15-10-2013, 08:52 AM
Well. This is what I did once quite a long time ago. One of the WLs told me that she's had enough of working in the industry. She only worked because she needed the money and the family couldn't support her anymore (long story). The worst thing is that her English is not that great and she had no support in Australia and had no idea what to do. She likes me and I like her. So, one day I told her that I will help her to find a full time job that pays the proper minimum wage. She quickly gave me all her contact details. While I used my connection to find her a job, long story short, she did not work at all after I saw her and when she returned to work, I booked out the entire day of her last day so that she does not need to see another punter. So, basically, I was her last customer. She is very thankful and we have kept in touch since - as friends... too much complication our relationship went further than friends... This is someone that can and should be helped. She did not want upfront cash and just wanted a normal job...

A genuine lady and a feel good story

Well done mate

Cheers

CunningLinguist
15-10-2013, 09:00 AM

Well done!
It sounds like you picked the right girl to help, you are a knight in shining armour!
As for the girl the OP is talking about, this is exactly the wrong type of girl to help, she is totally fucked up for some reason and will probably never recover. It is sad but there is no point fucking your own life up for someone like this.

jellyshots
15-10-2013, 11:17 AM
I'd tell your mate to just walk away at this point. I wouldn't call him an idiot or anything. Everyone makes mistakes. Just tell him you're concerned that he's going to make more and that if she was really doing something in his best interest, she wouldn't be so ungrateful. So the alternative is that she's got no issues at home, that she's screwing other guys and he's paying for her lifestyle. There's plenty of girls out there.

B-man
15-10-2013, 11:35 AM
I've heard this from another forum in HK. Even few months there is a bleeding heart story of a WL wanting to get out. Always a sick relative, wanting to buy house etc.

I was doing a bit of research on a Macau trip a while back and came across this. http://triadgodfather.blogspot.com.au/p/blog-page.html

If you have some time it's an interesting read of an American falling in love with a Vietnames girl in Macau brothel, Triads in Vietnam, scams to steal hundreds of thousands of dollars, international drug smuggling frame and the list goes on. Not sure if it's true or not but it's pretty detailed.

It's long though. Have a bit of time to read it.

jellyshots
15-10-2013, 12:23 PM
Good article B-man.

gentlescream
15-10-2013, 01:00 PM
1) The story seems "potentially" genuine. But I dare say that girls/WL (especially Korean WLs) can get very conniving. I'd say if he hasn't known/seen the girl for at least one year, he's making decisions based on very very limited knowledge. Actually meeting the family may make a difference, especially if resemblance is found.

2) I would only do this under circumstances where the girl would also treat this as a strict business transaction, that carries some benefits and leeway due to the relationship of the parties. I would get her home address both in Australia and wherever she's from, have her give some kind of guarantor or another. They are not even a married couple, and no matter what the relationship is, protecting your own ass first is the most important thing. If she can't appreciate this, especially seeing that your mate isn't a man of wealth and doing this off of a personal loan, then there no better reason to part ways. If this doesn't make sense to your him, then he has to learn the hard way, or hope that she's genuine.

Travelmate
15-10-2013, 02:06 PM
I will never buy out a WL or ML and it will not happen in my life

They can make their own decision whether want to stay with me ....

It has been proven working ... many times

Oneonone
15-10-2013, 07:55 PM
Once a wl always a wl so don't be stupid there is no such thing as buying out a working lady.

She may go with you for a while but eventually she will look for greener pastures as it were!

altgourami
15-10-2013, 08:07 PM
Never buy out a WL. Help her. Let her stay with you. Give her some money while she finds a real job. But never pay her out - crazy.

If it's to buy out her contract - that is illegal and defined as sex slavery in this country (a pre-paid contract that a girl has to earn out is being forced to work under duress). Report the shop. (Seriously. Dodgy business practices, however common, should never be condoned.)

If it's to help her out for lost earnings - tough luck - what, is everyone else a millionaire? We've all got to work for a living.

rage_face
15-10-2013, 09:11 PM
Reading some of the comments has jogged my memory a bit. One thing he kept saying was how ungrateful and unappreciative she was. He told me he once bought her a small Prada handbag which cost $800. He thought he'd surprise her by taking her to an ocean view and giving it to her there. But when she saw it, she told him she liked large handbags, not small ones, and told him to take it back.

He called her out on this when she complained about the money. He said she wasn't even grateful that he had helped with the $25k, and she said "oh you are so proud aren't you". Because of all this, he said he felt like he had suffered a lot of emotional abuse.

I was thinking about this today, about how she could justify herself and I guess you could see it 1 of 2 ways, either "at least he gave me $25k and helped a bit" or "fucking cunt didn't keep up his promise and only gave me $25k".

B-man
15-10-2013, 10:23 PM
You friend really has it bad. It's probably he is emotionally unstable and cannot get out of the situation even though he knows it's bad. She see's he's vulnerable and plays it for all it's worth being manipulative and getting as much out of it and drying him of cash.

CunningLinguist
15-10-2013, 10:40 PM
Wow B-man that article is something else!
I wonder if it is just the yanks they go for, if so it might have something to do with the history between the two countries ...

B-man
15-10-2013, 10:58 PM
Wow B-man that article is something else!
I wonder if it is just the yanks they go for, if so it might have something to do with the history between the two countries ...

Yeah, when I first came across it and spent the next hour reading it! I think he is writing a book but I hope it's written better than the article! Though the last info was 2011 so it could be still in the works or having a hard time finding a publisher!

There are SO many stories like this in HK and Asia.

I posted it here so if mates have a flutter with a WL they can give them the link to make them think twice! :smile::smile:

AHLUNGOR
15-10-2013, 11:11 PM
Yeah, when I first came across it and spent the next hour reading it! I think he is writing a book but I hope it's written better than the article! Though the last info was 2011 so it could be still in the works or having a hard time finding a publisher!

There are SO many stories like this in HK and Asia.

I posted it here so if mates have a flutter with a WL they can give them the link to make them think twice! :smile::smile:

This could be a Ang Lee film in the making !

I suggest Elly Tran Ha to be casted as the main Vietnamese lead.

It will be rate R 18+ due to realistic sex scenes and full frontal nudity !

Just a thought !

rage_face
12-11-2013, 09:13 PM
A horrible update: my friend attempted suicide last night, and I took today off work to see him at the hospital. He locked himself up in the garage and started the car, fortunately his father found him in time.

His whole family was at the hospital, but I got to speak to him privately for a bit. His family doesn't know why he did it, I think they assume he's got depression or stress from work. He told me his family had been pushing him to buy a property recently, and his mother threw in the line "where the hell is all your money" (she doesn't know it's gone, but just said it as a throw away line). He told me he couldn't bear the pressure anymore, he couldn't picture telling them the truth. He said it was either suicide or try to get the money back but he didn't know how.

So now I'm in a bit of a fucked up situation where I'm the only one (apart from him) who knows the truth. What am I supposed to do? Keep it a secret? Tell his family he'd been punting all these years and gave $30k away to a prostitute??

heatseeker
12-11-2013, 09:19 PM
Sorry to hear about the fate of your friend rage_face

I have also learnt in my personal life of acquaintances (usually not friends) using sympathy as a way to get what they want

The acquaintance Im thinking of is a lady at my work who is telling people she has cancer, with spread to bone, as a way of gaining peoples love

I have since been told by her work colleagues that she is exagerrating her illness. It is clear she has a gambling habit also

I now reserve all my true care and devotion to the people who have earnt my trust first, generally earnt only after many years

Sympathy stories from people you dont know well deserve a compassionate hearing, but not extensive financial assistance or undue affection

Oneonone
12-11-2013, 09:24 PM

I have also learnt in my personal life of acquaintances (usually not friends) using sympathy as a way to get what they want

The acquaintance Im thinking of is a lady at my work who is telling people she has cancer, with spread to bone, as a way of gaining peoples love

I have since been told by her work colleagues that she is exagerrating her illness. It is clear she has a gambling habit also

I now reserve all my true care and devotion to the people who have earnt my trust first, generally earnt only after many years

Sympathy stories from people you dont know well deserve a compassionate hearing, but not extensive financial assistance or undue affection

Well I don't know, it would be hard to tell your family but then how is he going to get better or recover, may be he could say he lost it on the Melbourne Cup or something.

But got to give them a story to satisfy them and then get on with life.

That's the trouble with punting it costs a fortune and is addictive.

If you aren't prepared to loose the money then I guess you have to not punt.

rage_face
12-11-2013, 09:25 PM

My friend is a really nice guy and is an easy target for these sorts of things.

My other problem is, I can't tell the truth because then it would expose me as a punter as well...fuuuuuuuuck.

heatseeker
12-11-2013, 09:25 PM
"So now I'm in a bit of a fucked up situation where I'm the only one (apart from him) who knows the truth. What am I supposed to do? Keep it a secret? Tell his family he'd been punting all these years and gave $30k away to a prostitute?? "

I can understand him punting money away - thats not an issue for me - you choose to spend your discretionary income as you wish

But if you are saying a guy paid $30 000 to help out a working lady - that I will never understand

Sorry, but again, unless it is someone I have known for many years, and has earnt my trust the usual way, Im not going to be swayed by sympathy to provide someone with lots of money or lots of my time

There are way too many people out there who look after themselves, often at the expense of other people - and Im a loving not a cynical person

Oneonone
12-11-2013, 09:30 PM
Well I know of a few punters that have done something similar, if your young and don't have much experience then you can be conned by a wl very easily.

Its unfortunate but sometimes we think with something other than our brain.

Punter Poontang
12-11-2013, 09:32 PM
Your friend needs professional help, hopefully the hospital system will arrange that once he's physically well enough.

Through that, he can hopefully get the whole truth off his chest and work out a way forward. Whatever his family get told doesn't need to be of consequence .... just my two cents.

heatseeker
12-11-2013, 09:33 PM
"Its unfortunate but sometimes we think with something other than our brain."

True Oneoneone
One only has to watch the news, where some poor unfortunate, falls in love on a dating service, with someone from overseas, only to spend thousands of dollars on them, and later are informed, that either the dating service or the overseas person, or both are fake

In 2013, its time for all to acknowledge, even young P4P apprentices, that you dont part with lots of money unless its something you can clearly explain to your close friend about first

If you are parting with large sums of money, and its something that wouldnt make sense to even a close friend, then you are being taken for a ride

CunningLinguist
13-11-2013, 12:30 AM
PP is right, your friend needs to see a shrink. Let the shrink decide what to do. Just tell him you will be there if he needs you but I would stop offering him advice now (not that he listened to you anyway). Don't tell his parents anything.

Hopefully when he comes out of this he will have learnt his lesson.

DeepImpact
13-11-2013, 08:50 PM
"So now I'm in a bit of a fucked up situation where I'm the only one (apart from him) who knows the truth. What am I supposed to do? Keep it a secret? Tell his family he'd been punting all these years and gave $30k away to a prostitute?? "

Keep it a secret ? - yeah that's exactly what you MUST do as I am sure you are going to lose him as a friend eventually if you tell his family. If he attempted suicide just with his mum mentioning money but not knowing what happened, imagine how he might react if they know what really happened.

You should talk to your friend and tell him he has two options. People try and commit suicide everyday in this country and fortunately most don't succeed so he can look at this like a new beginning.

Option 1 just accept the money has gone, it's $30K which is a lot but let's face it he's going to earn a lot more than that over the next 20 years so it's not a complete disaster. If he follows this option then he should never have contact with that woman again.

Opion 2 he decides he wants the money or at least some of it back but he needs to be really serious in his approach not just kind of want it back. To do this he needs to build some pressure on the girl. His first step should be to get a solicitor to write a letter to the girl giving her a period of time to return the money. You never know this could shock her a bit and get a reaction and the cost to get the letter written won't be much so it's worth a try. What he does after that depends on her reaction but the important position he needs to come to is to realise this woman is not his friend and has taken advantage of him.

rage_face
17-11-2013, 11:19 PM
So my friend is still in hospital, but getting better, although still hasn't told family or anyone else the truth yet.

I have already told a lie to his family - his father called me before and cried, asking me if I knew any reason why he might do this, and I said no :cry:

Anyway, I decided to help him by texting the girl myself, using his phone and pretending to be him (with his approval). I asked for the money back and she said she did not ask for the money so it was my fault I gave the money to her (wow wtf) and that if I asked again then she'd go to the cops accusing me of rape (WOW WTF!??!?!?!?!).

Beware brothers.

CunningLinguist
17-11-2013, 11:33 PM
So my friend is still in hospital, but getting better, although still hasn't told family or anyone else the truth yet.

I have already told a lie to his family - his father called me before and cried, asking me if I knew any reason why he might do this, and I said no :cry:

Anyway, I decided to help him by texting the girl myself, using his phone and pretending to be him (with his approval). I asked for the money back and she said she did not ask for the money so it was my fault I gave the money to her (wow wtf) and that if I asked again then she'd go to the cops accusing me of rape (WOW WTF!??!?!?!?!).

Beware brothers.

Does the girl know your friend tried to end his life ?
She sounds like a real piece of work.

jellyshots
17-11-2013, 11:33 PM
I'm really sorry to hear about your mate. Ordinarily, I wouldn't even suggest this but I think if you discuss it with your friend it may work.

Tell the parents that he gambled the money away and is ashamed. In a way, that's exactly what he did. He took a punt that she would work out and he lost big. But he doesn't have to continue to lose out. Accept the money is gone and move on...

rage_face
17-11-2013, 11:37 PM
Does the girl know your friend tried to end his life ?
She sounds like a real piece of work.

Nope, I somehow doubt she'd have any sympathy.

And it's total BS that she didn't ask for it. I can see old messages from her where she's pleading/asking/demanding it.

I'm really sorry to hear about your mate. Ordinarily, I wouldn't even suggest this but I think if you discuss it with your friend it may work.

Tell the parents that he gambled the money away and is ashamed. In a way, that's exactly what he did. He took a punt that she would work out and he lost big. But he doesn't have to continue to lose out. Accept the money is gone and move on...

That's...actually an amazing idea. I'll put it to my friend next time :)

Punter Poontang
18-11-2013, 12:28 AM
Nope, I somehow doubt she'd have any sympathy.

And it's total BS that she didn't ask for it. I can see old messages from her where she's pleading/asking/demanding it.

Sad state of affairs, we can only leave it to karma imo, the universe will sodomise her in due course.

Wouldn't worry about that rape threat, you'd only have to produce one text and it'd be thrown out. That said, without providing a formal legal opinion, the money's gone. Even if she asked for or demanded it, your friend clearly gifted it to her, as there's been no mention of it being a loan or having any conditions concerning repayment. Without an agreement that is able to be proven, it's gone, hopefully he's able to accept that and move on in time.

And +1, great idea jelly.

rage_face
18-11-2013, 06:33 AM
Sad state of affairs, we can only leave it to karma imo, the universe will sodomise her in due course.

Wouldn't worry about that rape threat, you'd only have to produce one text and it'd be thrown out. That said, without providing a formal legal opinion, the money's gone. Even if she asked for or demanded it, your friend clearly gifted it to her, as there's been no mention of it being a loan or having any conditions concerning repayment. Without an agreement that is able to be proven, it's gone, hopefully he's able to accept that and move on in time.

And +1, great idea jelly.

Yes I really do hope karma knows where to go. My friend cried when I showed him her response, he said "I've given her $30k and now I'm going to jail for it". Even I was pissed when I saw that response, women who play the rape card should be avoided at all costs. They obviously think it's ok to sacrifice a man's life for their own wellbeing. I told my friend not to worry about it, because if there was rape, why did she keep dating him? Why did they only break up when he refused to give her anymore money?

Good_guy_Greg
18-11-2013, 08:02 AM
A CHINESE suitor who gave his future bride an auspicious 8.88 million yuan ($1.6 million) in cash has drawn anger for the extravagant display of wealth in the still-developing country.

"It's not so much marrying a wife, but buying one. If they really loved each other, there would be no need for such extravagance,'' wrote one user of China's popular weibo microblogs.
"They're cheapening the value of both marriage and themselves,'' added another.

"Marriage achieved by money, can it last?'' asked another microblog poster.

http://www.news.com.au/lifestyle/relationships/anger-after-chinese-man-gives-future-bride-16m-in-cash/story-fnet09p2-1226760250848

At least he didn't give her this much :surprise:

But seriously, I don't think any woman is ever worth that much money. That money can either get you one woman, or many women :miao:

B-man
18-11-2013, 08:15 AM
A rape allegation wouldn't stand up in court. There will be little evidence, she didn't go to the hospital straight after it happened to report and get checked. There isn't any police report and certainly wouldn't be 'beyond reasonable doubt' that it happened. If she was silly enough to take it further to court anyway you would be able to show evidence of the text information, conversations etc as well drag her sorry ass down as she is a WL with little respect.

Don't fall for this scare tactic. You need to push harder and get tough.

Anyway I doubt the police will get involved in a case where he clearly handed over cash and knew what he was doing. Unless he can actually provide a fraud occurred the money is gone.

Punter Poontang
18-11-2013, 02:11 PM
A rape allegation wouldn't stand up in court. There will be little evidence, she didn't go to the hospital straight after it happened to report and get checked. There isn't any police report and certainly wouldn't be 'beyond reasonable doubt' that it happened. If she was silly enough to take it further to court anyway you would be able to show evidence of the text information, conversations etc as well drag her sorry ass down as she is a WL with little respect.

Anyway I doubt the police will get involved in a case where he clearly handed over cash and knew what he was doing. Unless he can actually provide a fraud occurred the money is gone.

Maybe he could hit her up for say, ~$30K in damages, if she made such allegations though!!

That's the only (difficult, outside) chance of getting the money back. Agree with that last paragraph, it's gone.

One last thing though rage_face, you said last time you contacted her that you did so using your friends mobile and acting on his behalf? I'd send her a msg from your phone and tell her what happened to him .... maybe she won't care, but just maybe she'll realise what she's done to another human being and it will eat her up inside.

carmen farquis
18-11-2013, 05:31 PM
I would keep the text about the rape accusation it shows that its just a threat and he didn't do it.

I think he can go to the cops maybe its called gainig advantage by deception. or you can get a letter of a lawyer or something it might scare her into giving the money back

CunningLinguist
18-11-2013, 05:35 PM
Maybe he could hit her up for say, ~$30K in damages, if she made such allegations though!!

That's the only (difficult, outside) chance of getting the money back. Agree with that last paragraph, it's gone.

One last thing though rage_face, you said last time you contacted her that you did so using your friends mobile and acting on his behalf? I'd send her a msg from your phone and tell her what happened to him .... maybe she won't care, but just maybe she'll realise what she's done to another human being and it will eat her up inside.

I think you are assuming she has a conscience ...

aussie_jack
18-11-2013, 06:22 PM
My condolences to your friend bro. I would definitely suggest getting legal advice and going after her with some determination or doing as some of the other brothers have suggested and lying about the cash and saying your friend lost it gambling and then completely cutting off contact.

DeepImpact
18-11-2013, 07:53 PM

Beware brothers.

Hey Bro,

No offence but it's being played like game. Time to send her a letter from a solicitor requesting payment by a certain date. Even if she is saying nothing is her fault etc you can be guaranteed she is going to be reading that letter and sweating on what might happen next. It can't be so easy for her to get away with it but by just you or your friend contacting her unfortunately it is.

If she makes false accusations then there is another avenue for her to get herslef in trouble.

aussie_jack
18-11-2013, 09:00 PM
Yeah she really fucked up by leaving evidence of the rape threat. Please do go see a lawyer even if you only get some of the money back, it'll give your friend closure

Punter Poontang
18-11-2013, 10:42 PM
Some good advice here, but it must be balanced out with what's best for the bloke.

In his fragile state, maybe the stress of legal proceedings isn't the way to go.

jellyshots
18-11-2013, 10:51 PM
Why give yourself any more grief? You'll lose money doing anything else. She would have off-shored what she had already scammed. The only ones making money from here will be lawyers. Then each step of it, your mate gets to relive how he got ripped off again.

Cut your losses. Life is a gamble. Sometimes you lose but $30k in the big scheme of things is diddly squat. If he had make some different choices on the stock exchange, he would have lost it in one of the stock market crashes. Life's not about when you fall because everyone does... It's how you get up that counts.

Drop it, tell the gambling story. His parents will forgive him and tell him to go and get a new phone number...

wilisno
18-11-2013, 11:06 PM
Why give yourself any more grief? You'll lose money doing anything else. She would have off-shored what she had already scammed. The only ones making money from here will be lawyers. Then each step of it, your mate gets to relive how he got ripped off again.

Cut your losses. Life is a gamble. Sometimes you lose but $30k in the big scheme of things is diddly squat. If he had make some different choices on the stock exchange, he would have lost it in one of the stock market crashes. Life's not about when you fall because everyone does... It's how you get up that counts.

Drop it, tell the gambling story. His parents will forgive him and tell him to go and get a new phone number...
Exactly ! Starting legal proceedings would only incur more expenses, more money lost. Even if you win, there's not much you can do if she has no money here in Australia !

Good_guy_Greg
18-11-2013, 11:24 PM
I'm surprised no one has said this but how about dobbing her into immigration.

msgguy
19-11-2013, 02:24 AM

Don't know if that would do any good, there is no return of his money and depending where she is working some of our favourite girls working with her might get caught during raid.

wilisno
19-11-2013, 02:28 AM

That's not what a good guy would do Greg ! :miao:

Good_guy_Greg
19-11-2013, 07:14 AM
That's not what a good guy would do Greg ! :miao:

haha but it is good for our friend!

jellyshots
19-11-2013, 10:39 AM
haha but it is good for our friend!
How would that be good for the friend? Revenge? So you guys are happy to encourage him to lower himself to the same level as the skank that ripped him off? Really?

AHLUNGOR
19-11-2013, 01:53 PM
The money is gone!

A lesson is learnt !

Pick yourself up and move on!

Hopefully with this experience behind him, he will be a better man.

Good luck

Cheers

Punter Poontang
19-11-2013, 03:40 PM
My advice to him: Report her to the police. Pronto before she disappears. Theft is theft.

Complete waste of time. Once had a de facto refuse to return ~$30K worth of possessions after I moved out, she was also making threats (not rape though). I just wanted to report it to have it all documented for future reference in case it got even worse, but the cops wouldn't do shit and didn't want to know about it. They'll just tell you to contact a lawyer as it's a civil dispute, saves them the paperwork.

Edit: this clearly isn't a case of theft either, the money was handed over voluntarily, repeatedly.

stevegao888
19-11-2013, 04:13 PM
TOTALLY agree with 30K is not a lot of money ... = $150* 200 = 3.846 year of Punting

So stop Punting for 4 years...... forget about the girl....

In todays value may be 2-3 year of saving if you on a average income

wilisno
19-11-2013, 04:48 PM
My advice to him: Report her to the police. Pronto before she disappears. Theft is theft. Probably nothing will come of it but report the theft. Do not lower yourself to getting her back. Threatening to report a false crime is also an offence. She needs to pay her dues but do not under any circumstance do anything out of spite or revenge.
Threatening to report a false crime is also an offence you said ? Then be careful, I can't see how the gift of $30,000 is a theft !

jellyshots
19-11-2013, 07:27 PM
Success and happiness are the best revenge. He should put his time, energy and money into digging himself out of the hole. If she's still around after that, the best thing he can do is show how she fooled him a few times but he's a stronger man for it.

aussie_jack
19-11-2013, 09:09 PM
Most importantly, your friend should seek professional help. He is obviously depressed now but from the sounds of things he could have been before this whole incident too. People in the right frame of mind don't tend to pay WL 30k just so they can have a relationship. I know there's still a bit of stigma about it but seeing a shrink is probably the best way for your friend to move past this.

ampletwo
19-11-2013, 11:18 PM
Life's not about when you fall because everyone does... It's how you get up that counts.

That's a great quote.

Ask your friend to let her go in his mind, chalk it up as school fees to learn this lesson. Look on the bright side, if he found out much later it could have been (much, much) worse. She could really taken him through the ringer.

ampletwo
19-11-2013, 11:21 PM
Also I'd say don't be vengeful, it achieves nothing, but more heartbreak. Plus it might escalate it in directions that is not in anyone's interest.

Getting into a legal stoush, I wouldn't recommend it. Don't throw good money after bad. Plus the emotional investment necessary to follow through, it's just too mentally exhausting for a 'moral' victory. Not worth it for your friend's own sanity.

rage_face
20-11-2013, 07:21 AM

I have looked into this with a bit of help from another friend, and he showed me this:

CRIMES ACT 1900 - SECT 192E

Fraud
192E Fraud

(1) A person who, by any deception, dishonestly:
(a) obtains property belonging to another, or
(b) obtains any financial advantage or causes any financial disadvantage,
is guilty of the offence of fraud.
Maximum penalty: Imprisonment for 10 years.

So my take is, if she lied about her mother being sick and having cancer, then it would be fraud. But if anyone knows more, then please enlighten all of us.

PS. do you think the shop would be interested to know that this was one of their girls? I can say it is a shop that advertises here.

wilisno
20-11-2013, 12:37 PM
I have looked into this with a bit of help from another friend, and he showed me this:

So my take is, if she lied about her mother being sick and having cancer, then it would be fraud. But if anyone knows more, then please enlighten all of us.

PS. do you think the shop would be interested to know that this was one of their girls? I can say it is a shop that advertises here.
Evidence, evidence. The court can't convict anybody based on allegations !

No, I don't think the shops would want to get involved. Moreover, shops don't like their customers to contact their girls in private in the first place !

jellyshots
20-11-2013, 05:37 PM
Evidence, evidence. The court can't convict anybody based on allegations !

No, I don't think the shops would want to get involved. Moreover, shops don't like their customers to contact their girls in private in the first place !

I agree with this 100%. There's just no point wasting more money or time on this kind of thing. Buy him a punt if you guys must... It would be more use to him and you'd spend less money than a lawyer charges to make him feel better.

CunningLinguist
20-11-2013, 06:06 PM
Short of an elaborate confidence trick on her I can't see you ever getting the money back ...

B-man
20-11-2013, 07:53 PM

Yeap, good points.

I suppose I was thinking more about those idiots that send money overseas to Nigeria etc. Difference here is she is in Australia.

I've read through your responses and the comments and I would be gathering all the information, evidence and giving it a shot.

One option is to get a lawyer involved, take their advice, get statements to the police and get a letter served to her. She will freak and either pay back all or in part and make an arrangement. Or she will skip town, ruining her options for residency and citizenship. Fuck her I say! Let's get her truely fucked so others will think twice doing it to other good mannered punters out there.

P.S. If you are to do this get the timeline together, all the evidence, emails, texts, dates, photos, witnesses etc together and put in order of date before you talk to a lawyer.

Licker
20-11-2013, 10:47 PM
I've read through your responses and the comments and I would be gathering all the information, evidence and giving it a shot.

Well B-man, if you are so convinced that it's a good idea to sue and are advising to do so...
Are you willing to put your money where your mouth is?
Will you pick up the bill (legal fees, possible fines from defamation of character, etc.) should the law suit not win?

I would tell him to forget it and move on.
And stop looking for love in all the wrong places!

Rage_face, can I ask?
How old (approx is fine) is your friend?
Has he ever had a long term girlfriend?

CunningLinguist
20-11-2013, 10:56 PM
Well B-man, if you are so convinced that it's a good idea to sue and are advising to do so...
Will you pick up the bill (legal fees, possible fines from defamation of character, etc.) should the law suit not win?

Rage_face, can I ask?

Are you thinking FFS ?

B-man
20-11-2013, 11:13 PM

Rage_face, can I ask?

No problem if you want to let some roll you then be my guest. You sound like you would rather hide under a rock then defend your rights.

I've been through the courts before and understand what is worth fighting for and not. I've spent $30k defending myself through wrongful litigation which I won after and 2 years defending. Would I go through it again. No. But what choice would did I have. I recouped my fees, I could have sued for wrongful litigation and maybe get $10-20k but another year and hours of review and time it wasn't worth it.

As I mentioned, if the evidence stacks up, give it a shot. There are numerous ways as always before courts get involved. A letter demanding repayment from a lawyer outlying the evidence etc can sway someone to repay, sometimes not. Court action is always your last shot where no other alternative is left.

If evidence is complied, vetted by a lawyer or two with expert opinion and if it's beyond reasonable doubt that there is a case, why not. There is nothing wrong with putting it all together and seeing if it's worth it or not.

Though embarrassing from the family about finding out. After the initial shock they will rally behind him and fight with him if he is willing.

CunningLinguist
20-11-2013, 11:32 PM
The WL is Korean, I wonder if she is in it alone or has a Korean boyfriend or boss pulling the strings. If she is backed by some Korean muscle things might get ugly if you push too hard ...
I wouldn't be putting too much faith in the law in a situation like this.

Licker
20-11-2013, 11:56 PM
Are you thinking FFS ?

Yes, Flying Farang Syndrome did come to mind.

In any case, the poor chap is in a bad situation and vulnerable, so my sympathies go for him.

He sounds like a good-hearted, yet naive fellow. Neither of which is a bad quality per say, but in this cold world sooner or later you need to shed the latter strait.
Sometimes it costs a little, but you may come out of it a little wiser and stronger (and still stay good-hearted).

As for legal action, yes if the evidence is there, then that might be an option, but given his current mental status I think the focus should be in accepting the facts, learning from the mistake and moving on.

Once he is in a stable condition, he may think again how he wants to address the matter of possibly getting his money back.

Jumping into lawsuits and keeping this in his mind all the time for possibly two years will not help the mental recovery (or growth). And no money is worth your health.

I may be wrong, but I think that the attempt to commit suicide had much deeper issues behind it than loosing 30k.

wilisno
21-11-2013, 12:11 AM
I may be wrong, but I think that the attempt to commit suicide had much deeper issues behind it than loosing 30k.

That's exactly what I thought ! If he tried to take his own life for $30K, advising him to go to court might cause him to try several more times in the future !

I know it sounds inconsiderate at this stage, I do hope he could toughen up and just walk away from it !

rage_face
21-11-2013, 07:11 AM
Here's a question my friend has been debating with himself since forever: do you think her story is true or fake?

I'm thinking:
1. Does it really cost $90,000 for cervical cancer treatment/surgery in South Korea? I know they don't have Medicare, but still, I'm sure they don't just let people die without any help...
2. If her story was true, why would she threaten the rape card if my friend demanded the money?
3. Do you think her story is "too typical" to be true?
4. If she really liked my friend, why would she drop him as soon as he refused to give anymore money? Heaps of couples have sick families and stay together despite the other half not being able to help.

CunningLinguist
21-11-2013, 08:10 AM
Yes, Flying Farang Syndrome did come to mind.

I was thinking this FFS (http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=first+fuck+syndrome).

CunningLinguist
21-11-2013, 08:12 AM
Here's a question my friend has been debating with himself since forever: do you think her story is true or fake?

I'm thinking:
1. Does it really cost $90,000 for cervical cancer treatment/surgery in South Korea? I know they don't have Medicare, but still, I'm sure they don't just let people die without any help...
2. If her story was true, why would she threaten the rape card if my friend demanded the money?
4. If she really liked my friend, why would she drop him as soon as he refused to give anymore money? Heaps of couples have sick families and stay together despite the other half not being able to help.

FFS can also stand for "For Fucks Sake":
1. Doubt it
2. Not true.
3. Yes.
4. She liked his money, not him.

Licker
21-11-2013, 09:16 AM
I was thinking this FFS (http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=first+fuck+syndrome).

I know :)

But aren't they eventually the same. He's been taken for a ride.

wilisno
21-11-2013, 12:14 PM
I know :)

But aren't they eventually the same. He's been taken for a ride.
The outcome is still the same.

jellyshots
21-11-2013, 12:45 PM
No problem if you want to let some roll you then be my guest. You sound like you would rather hide under a rock then defend your rights.

I've been through the courts before and understand what is worth fighting for and not. I've spent $30k defending myself through wrongful litigation which I won after and 2 years defending. Would I go through it again. No. But what choice would did I have. I recouped my fees, I could have sued for wrongful litigation and maybe get $10-20k but another year and hours of review and time it wasn't worth it.

As I mentioned, if the evidence stacks up, give it a shot. There are numerous ways as always before courts get involved. A letter demanding repayment from a lawyer outlying the evidence etc can sway someone to repay, sometimes not. Court action is always your last shot where no other alternative is left.

If evidence is complied, vetted by a lawyer or two with expert opinion and if it's beyond reasonable doubt that there is a case, why not. There is nothing wrong with putting it all together and seeing if it's worth it or not.

Though embarrassing from the family about finding out. After the initial shock they will rally behind him and fight with him if he is willing.

The point is, the evidence doesn't really stack up. The burden of prove lies on the prosecution that he simply didn't give her the money as gifts (or several tips) for sexual favours. All she has to do is deny everything or spin some crap that she doesn't speak English well enough. Alternatively, she just goes home to Korea and the mate still sits around torturing himself for blowing $x trying to recover something he cant.

Now you're proposing to him to talk to his family. Yeah, ok. Good luck with that... Hmmm. Mum, dad, I've been banging a prostitute for a while now and not only that, I fell in love and her mum's got cancer. So I gave her $30k. She's now accusing me of rape so I'll give her more money. Sure, blow another $10k chasing her, coz I'm sure that'll rally the troops.

B-man
21-11-2013, 05:47 PM
The point is, the evidence doesn't really stack up. The burden of prove lies on the prosecution that he simply didn't give her the money as gifts (or several tips) for sexual favours. All she has to do is deny everything or spin some crap that she doesn't speak English well enough. Alternatively, she just goes home to Korea and the mate still sits around torturing himself for blowing $x trying to recover something he cant.

Now you're proposing to him to talk to his family. Yeah, ok. Good luck with that... Hmmm. Mum, dad, I've been banging a prostitute for a while now and not only that, I fell in love and her mum's got cancer. So I gave her $30k. She's now accusing me of rape so I'll give her more money. Sure, blow another $10k chasing her, coz I'm sure that'll rally the troops.

How do you know it doesn't stack up? All we have is some information on a forum at this stage. I'm suggesting putting all the evidence together and then make a decision. The good thing is she is here in Australia and will need to defend her actions.

Knowing that any actions will come as a shock to her and she won't know what to do is the probable scenario.

I wouldn't just blow it off as the too hard basket just yet.

Oneonone
21-11-2013, 05:57 PM
Well once a working lady always a working lady they get used to money and want more and more so unless your a millionaire forget it.

Don't even consider buying out a wl.

B-man
21-11-2013, 06:48 PM

I'm thinking:

I used to live in HK and every few months this comes up with friends or forums online. There are 300,000 domestic workers there from Indo, Philippines and others. Guys get caught up with a cute girl, starts dating and then all of a sudden a sick aunt, brother etc, house got trashed in a typhoon, robbed and in a coma etc. Medical bills galore. These are common stories and these girls talk and swap stories and they all get it in their heads to scam a western guy.

I posted a blog here of an American guy who was in a plot to get framed for drug smuggling so they could take his $300k he has.

I was just trying to find it and found this. It's long but there is some great advice at the end.

http://www.stickmanbangkok.com/Reader2006/reader2272.htm

noubroz
21-11-2013, 07:47 PM
If she was into you, she will accept to quit her job and be dependent of you for while until she found another job (bar, services, whatever). She will never ask you any kind of money. That's just common sense.

snlu36
21-11-2013, 07:59 PM
How old is your friend? Lending/giving people money is a messy business.

A friend of mine from high school called me one night, 6 months after School had ended (and 6 months since we'd seen each other. lol.) asking me for money to fill up petrol. He wouldn't have any money until a few days later when he'd supposedly get paid. Initially I thought "Why not, we were good friends at one stage, I've trusted him before and he lives close by" but then common sense prevailed...I said "Sure, thing is, I don't have any cash, so just pick me up and I'll pay by card" needless to say he suddenly found some money in a draw in his room and thanked me anyway. A few weeks later I found out he was an addict.

Your friend is an idiot, not because he wanted to give her money, but because he didn't take the necessary precautions> I agree that an individual should have the right to spend their money in any way they please.

Let's assume for argument's sake that most prostitutes (at least almost every single one I've met and from what they've told me about other girls in the shop) aren't in some form addicted to coke or meth, don't have any gambling problems or extremely costly fashion senses (which should have been enough to deter him) You say she had to support overseas relatives? Great, he should have asked her how much money she was sending them, and done exactly that. What's that? you send money through a friend to avoid costly wire transfer fees? No problem, it's my money, I'll take the hit and send them the same amount you do. What's that? Your relatives will be suspicious if the money being sent isn't in your name? No problem, I'll accompany you to the transfers and front the cash. Needless to say, by now she would have thrown a tantrum about how he doesn't trust her and she thinks it's better they aren't together.

The problem however is that most don't use their rational, logical mind when it comes to lust and love, some more than others, it's the reason that punters are able rationalise blowing sometimes upwards of half their pay check on sex, it's the reason that some prostitutes can charge four figures per hour for their services. Don't get me wrong, I'm a victim to this as well, hence the reason I'm a member of this forum, but in my short tenure here, I've noticed that members hold WL's and ML's in an excessively high light, and have the utmost respect for them. I'm not saying you shouldn't treat them as well as you do, but I definitely think that you should treat them as you would any other service provider. Respect them on a professional level, not on a personal one, that is if you only know them on a professional level, which, regardless of how "deeply" you connect with them and how well you get a long with them, doesn't change the fact that you are PAYING for this connection. Prostitution needs to be viewed by punters for what it truly is, a service. Nothing more, nothing less.

noubroz
21-11-2013, 08:02 PM
That's pretty sad... sorry bro

CunningLinguist
21-11-2013, 09:04 PM
I used to live in HK and every few months this comes up with friends or forums online. There are 300,000 domestic workers there from Indo, Philippines and others. Guys get caught up with a cute girl, starts dating and then all of a sudden a sick aunt, brother etc, house got trashed in a typhoon, robbed and in a coma etc. Medical bills galore. These are common stories and these girls talk and swap stories and they all get it in their heads to scam a western guy.

I posted a blog here of an American guy who was in a plot to get framed for drug smuggling so they could take his $300k he has.

I was just trying to find it and found this. It's long but there is some great advice at the end.

http://www.stickmanbangkok.com/Reader2006/reader2272.htm

Wow bad news, if something seems too good to be true it usually is ...

CunningLinguist
21-11-2013, 09:05 PM
There is no such thing as a free Dine At The Y ...

Licker
21-11-2013, 09:26 PM
Could I renew my question to Rage Face!

Rage_face, can I ask?

And can I also add a new question?
Does your "friend" still live with his parents?

On second thought...
Should I go back to what my initial thoughts on this thread were back in August...

...And change my last question...

Are your "friends" parents as real as your "friend"?

CunningLinguist
21-11-2013, 09:58 PM
Could I renew my question to Rage Face!

And can I also add a new question?
Does your "friend" still live with his parents?

On second thought...
Should I go back to what my initial thoughts on this thread were back in August...

...And change my last question...

Are your "friends" parents as real as your "friend"?

You think rage_face might be trolling ...

Licker
21-11-2013, 10:12 PM
Well, either that or he's got no idea what it means to be a friend.

Fair enough, many people a clueless in that regard.

CunningLinguist
21-11-2013, 10:57 PM
Well, either that or he's got no idea what it means to be a friend.

Fair enough, many people a clueless in that regard.

I wonder if his friend knows that his private life is being discussed on the internet in an adult sex forum ...

rage_face
21-11-2013, 11:27 PM
Well you know, I did initially start this post as I wanted help on advice to give to my friend, but I just thought you guys might be interested in updates. It's all pretty serious, I don't know how to deal with it myself (the attempted suicide). So far there's been some really helpful people, but if you think I should stop for privacy reasons, then I will. I mean, I haven't mentioned his name, job or anything.

Clinton
22-11-2013, 12:15 AM
Since no name is mentioned, there is no violation of privacy here. I am totally fine with discussing it on the forum.

noubroz
22-11-2013, 12:27 AM
I think you didn't do anything wrong regarding his privacy. No one has any idea of who you are talking about.
This forum is a good way to share and have feedback, advices on anything. But don't take everything seriously. You still have to make your own mind at the end.
Go through everything again and weight the answers that seems genuine and practical to help out your friend.

jellyshots
22-11-2013, 10:45 AM
How do you know it doesn't stack up? All we have is some information on a forum at this stage. I'm suggesting putting all the evidence together and then make a decision. The good thing is she is here in Australia and will need to defend her actions.

Knowing that any actions will come as a shock to her and she won't know what to do is the probable scenario.

I wouldn't just blow it off as the too hard basket just yet.

I spoke with a mate who works in fraud unit, NSW. I'm assuming this happened in NSW. His actual initial response is, you can't sue for stupidity. The cost of litigation also generally outweighs the cost of walking away. But hey, it's not my money so if someone wants to throw in good after bad because they "don't want to be rolled..." Sorry, too late, it's already happened. Now he has a choice whether to cut his losses or to continue a line of stupidity to satisfy his own ego. Good luck to him if he follows that line... He'll just lose more money and have to spend more on seeking professional psychological help if he goes that way.

People lose money all the time. How many of you have lost money on shares or through superannuation because the market dipped and under advice, you decided to sell or a business went bust? It was a risk you were willing to pay for the chance to earn more money.

This situation is the same. He thought he was getting the love of his life which to him, far outweighed the monetary aspects. That in itself was a risk he was willing to take. It didn't work out but he sounds like a smart guy anyway. I'm assuming he's either hard-working and/or intelligent because he was able to save that money in the first place. Smart guys and guys that work hard recover from monetary issues quickly...

He punted. He threw down $30k on the roulette table of life and he lost. Big fucking deal. Get over it. Move on. Now the blackmail side of it, sure if you want this to become more public, then tell the cops and they can do something about it but if he values his privacy, I'd walk away...

Good_guy_Greg
08-12-2013, 05:55 PM
Any updates?

I had a thought today, maybe because of my session with the Thai girl...but why don't you and your friend try to scam the WL back for some money? Maybe say, you can give her more money, but she needs to help with a "deposit" or "security" first?

Oneonone
08-12-2013, 05:59 PM
Tried it once but forget it you are going to be a looser, wish I could learn from it!

Good_guy_Greg
08-12-2013, 06:06 PM
Tried it once but forget it you are going to be a looser, wish I could learn from it!

Sounds like a lesson to be shared? :smile:

Oneonone
08-12-2013, 06:09 PM
Sounds like a lesson to be shared? :smile:

Yes unfortunately it is but if your lucky and on a winner it can be pure bliss!

rooter
08-12-2013, 07:23 PM
I am still waiting on a WL that buys me out ;)
She says "OK so you see around 2 or 3 girls a week, that's what? Around $700 a week.
OK I will give you $700 a week but you have to see just me; no other girls"
And my reply will be "thanks babe, I am flattered, but no thanks" ;)

Oneonone
08-12-2013, 07:28 PM
I am still waiting on a WL that buys me out ;)

Keep dreaming bro!

wilisno
08-12-2013, 07:32 PM
Keep dreaming bro!
I'd rather be dreaming of winning the next OZ Lotto of 50 mils so I can buy out 10 or 12 WLs ! :miao:

jimmyk
09-12-2013, 06:17 AM
I'd rather be dreaming of winning the next OZ Lotto of 50 mils so I can buy out 10 or 12 WLs ! :miao:

Now that is the dream, now to buy that lucky ticket!

borock
09-12-2013, 07:56 AM
Now that is the dream, now to buy that lucky ticket!

then you can buy out a super model i reckon

Travelmate
09-12-2013, 11:07 AM
Most of them,,, the life behind the scene too complicated.

My advise is to step away

rage_face
31-12-2013, 11:58 AM
UPDATE!!!

My friend just called me, he is in fucking South Korea!!! He said he tracked down the girl's mother, and the mother said she wasn't sick and hadn't been in hospital!! FUUUUUCKKKKKKKKKK

ukoyrnez
31-12-2013, 01:41 PM
Tracked down? That must've taken a crapload of effort and even sounds like stalking? So he came outta hospital and flew all the way there?? Dude...

wilisno
31-12-2013, 02:02 PM
Tracked down? That must've taken a crapload of effort and even sounds like stalking? So he came outta hospital and flew all the way there?? Dude...
Sounds like a serious stalker, the girl might be in deeper shit than he's in !

On the other hand, if it's real, wandering into foreign or hostile territory to hunt down a prey is not a good idea, Unless he wants to have a taste of the local mafia !

vvillie
31-12-2013, 02:49 PM
Wow, that's some real dedication if this is true. Creepy as fuck, but props for following through I suppose.

I can't say that I would feel sorry for the girl if her occupation is revealed to her family, but the more I think about it, what are the chances of a foreigner travelling overseas and finding the family with very limited information.

Licker
01-01-2014, 03:04 AM
I've just gone through and read this thread from the start. There is only one thing that comes to mind, either your friend is full of shit or you are but this story cannot be real.
A very good read all the same.

A baby member with three posts and right on the money :)

It's a good fairy tail for bed time reading. There's the wicked witch, and the gullible prince. I'm just waiting for the king and frog and the magic mirror...

Travelmate
01-01-2014, 03:29 AM
full of shit.
never buy out anyone.
If she wants to follow me. I may consider.
That is it.

CunningLinguist
01-01-2014, 01:44 PM
UPDATE!!!

My friend just called me, he is in fucking South Korea!!! He said he tracked down the girl's mother, and the mother said she wasn't sick and hadn't been in hospital!! FUUUUUCKKKKKKKKKK

He should tell the mother what happened then the mother will tell her daughter to give the money back, they may even kiss and makeup!
After that he should become a private investigator and earn lots of money on stakeouts ...

rage_face
01-01-2014, 02:28 PM
My friend is coming back on 10th Jan so will find out more after that!

wilisno
01-01-2014, 04:47 PM
He should tell the mother what happened then the mother will tell her daughter to give the money back, they may even kiss and makeup!
After that he should become a private investigator and earn lots of money on stakeouts ...
That might just happen too ! ;) ;) ;)

bluemonkey
01-01-2014, 05:42 PM
Just come across this thread and quite timely too, as I've mulling over this topic in my head, not that I'm in a similar scenario or anything...

If a WL genuinely wants to be with you, she wouldn't ask for any sum of money let alone a big sum. It's certainly very easy to want to help out esp when you are emotionally attached, but you need to have clear rules in your head and stick to them, can't let emotions get in the way. We all want to be the knight in shiny armour, but you have to be sensible.

All ML/ WL are In the business because they need money and they all have different life stories, and anyone with any real integrity would try to sort out their own money issues rather than "burden" their loved ones.

My 2 cents, giving away money is a redline that one should not cross.

As someone else has suggested earlier, the only ones who you can have any real hope of genuine relationship are the ones who have clear plan of getting out of the industry n is just using working as aean to an end.

My 2 cents. I think most of us are old enough to know how to protect themselves.