PDA

View Full Version : General talk Nrl finals

Fisher
13-09-2013, 09:15 PM
As the finals are here what are peoples predictions for the grand final.
I am a souths fan and would love them to win it but i think it would be a melbourne/souths gf or melbourne/roosters gf.
With melbourne going back to back

paulgallen
13-09-2013, 09:23 PM
one word

SHARKIES

AHLUNGOR
14-09-2013, 12:57 AM
one word

SHARKIES

Sorry Gal,

I got bad news for you brother, the Queenslanders are gonna get you again!!

Go the Cowboys !!

IExperiment
14-09-2013, 12:59 AM
I am a souths fan and would love them to win it but i think it would be a melbourne/souths gf or melbourne/roosters gf.

I am glad the Rooster thump the rabbit :)

On their best day the Rooster will win.

IExperiment
14-09-2013, 01:00 AM
I am also glad Russel was there to witness the lost :)

AHLUNGOR
14-09-2013, 01:18 AM

Well the bunnies have beaten Melbourne tonight and get a week off!

Melbourne was not at their best tonight and Billy Slater should have got a double instead of the no try! Yeah, they got two video decision against them , that's enough to lose a close game. Luckily they only lost by 10 so I got my $100 back.

I hope the Cowboys and Knights and Roosters to win on the weekend

Cheers

Ps . And the Swans !

Fisher
14-09-2013, 07:49 PM
one word

SHARKIES

They got there in the end only just

paulgallen
14-09-2013, 11:01 PM
Sensational efforts SHARKIES. We're in seventh heaven.

bring on the next team.

HengDai
14-09-2013, 11:54 PM
We're in seventh heaven.

I see what you did there Mr Gallen :P LOL

These refs need to learn to count better... 7 tackles... seriously.

mista
15-09-2013, 01:25 AM
did the refs allow a 7 tackle try?

HengDai
15-09-2013, 01:41 AM

Sure did. North QLD got screwed by ref blunders 2 years running now

mista
15-09-2013, 02:12 AM

The refs are taking revenge for qld state of origin.

slarty
15-09-2013, 08:14 AM
Despite the 7 tackle try (and seriously this is easily fixed, the ref team must be very embarrassed right now), Cowboys should have snatched the game in the dying seconds after a fantastic attacking set that started on their own 10 metre line. Unfortunately the Cowboys centre went low to the corner instead of getting airborne in his dive, which allowed the sharks defender to make a great last ditch tackle. One of the best games I've seen for a while.

AHLUNGOR
15-09-2013, 08:22 AM
Despite the 7 tackle try (and seriously this is easily fixed, the ref team must be very embarrassed right now), Cowboys should have snatched the game in the dying seconds after a fantastic attacking set that started on their own 10 metre line. Unfortunately the Cowboys centre went low to the corner instead of getting airborne in his dive, which allowed the sharks defender to make a great last ditch tackle. One of the best games I've seen for a while.

How about the 4 point game won by the Roosters??

That's a tough game for both teams !

rooter
15-09-2013, 09:28 AM
How about the 4 point game won by the Roosters??

That's a tough game for both teams !

You would have got great odds on that scoreline.

Souths will win the Premiership by the way. It's a one horse race!
The rest of the teams are just filling in time and space.

tpol
15-09-2013, 10:31 AM
Souths vs Cronulla Grand Final would be awesome.

However, I reckon it would be 2 of

souths, easts, manly gf

AHLUNGOR
15-09-2013, 11:20 AM
You would have got great odds on that scoreline.

Souths will win the Premiership by the way. It's a one horse race!
The rest of the teams are just filling in time and space.

I have a bet on the Cowboys to win, lose bet but got a refund from Sportsbet because it lose by 10 points of less, so money back, also money back from Storms!

Won on the Roosters and the Swans -20.5 (it was quite close at the end only by 24, one more goal from Carlton and I'll be damned!)

Also had a bet on the Aussie to win the ODI, had a good start but run down by England! Their middle order were much better than ours !

It went down to the wire though, final over, six balls and needing seven runs, bloody hell, first ball from Johnson hit for a big six! Then a 0, then a 4!, game over !

Very exciting sporting weekends, not much winning though.

My money is on the Knights today !

Cheers

Fisher
15-09-2013, 09:16 PM
Newcastle got through my money would of been on the doggies getting up.
So next week it will be newcastle v melbourne in melbourne.
And manly v cronulla in sydney.
My tips manly and melbourne to go to the gf qaulifier matches against souths/roosters.
The winner of manly/cronulla will face souths.
The winner of melbourne/newcastle will face rooster in gf qaulifiers

Fisher
15-09-2013, 09:16 PM
I have a bet on the Cowboys to win, lose bet but got a refund from Sportsbet because it lose by 10 points of less, so money back, also money back from Storms!

Won on the Roosters and the Swans -20.5 (it was quite close at the end only by 24, one more goal from Carlton and I'll be damned!)

Also had a bet on the Aussie to win the ODI, had a good start but run down by England! Their middle order were much better than ours !

It went down to the wire though, final over, six balls and needing seven runs, bloody hell, first ball from Johnson hit for a big six! Then a 0, then a 4!, game over !

Very exciting sporting weekends, not much winning though.

My money is on the Knights today !

Cheers

You picked the upset ahlungor hope you had some coin on it

AHLUNGOR
16-09-2013, 12:51 AM
You picked the upset ahlungor hope you had some coin on it

Good wins from the Knights today!!

I was quietly confident that they could win today, the Dogs are not the same team they were last year, mainly due to the form of Barba!

The knights on the other hands have some forms coming into the final! The best form guide was the Knights beat the Broncos and the Broncos beat the Dogs!

But a Storms and Manly double next weekend seems inevitable !!

It's funny how the top 4 teams in the AFL ended up the final 4!

May be the NRL will turn out the same!

How many of you think Sydney Swan and Melbourne Storms can do a double double ??

Travelmate
16-09-2013, 01:14 PM
GEELONG + STORM.

Melbourne team will win both AFL and NRL.

I am only supporter of winners and winnings.

Chucky
16-09-2013, 03:52 PM
I am glad the Rooster thump the rabbit :)

On their best day the Rooster will win.

This is true - all things being equal and all teams at full strength, the Roosters have the best team and performance. No one else held teams scoreless 6-7 times this season. Unbelievable. but a lot of weaknesses - SKD is pathetic, although played very strong on Saturday (didn't drop the ball once) and SBW is the best player in the world. James Maloney the best goal kicker.

mista
16-09-2013, 04:16 PM
Betting on melbourne storm= flushing $$ down the toilet.

GEELONG + STORM.

Melbourne team will win both AFL and NRL.

I am only supporter of winners and winnings.

AHLUNGOR
16-09-2013, 04:55 PM

So which team will carry your money brother mista ??

mista
16-09-2013, 05:03 PM
Share market and properties.

So which team will carry your money brother mista ??

AHLUNGOR
16-09-2013, 05:09 PM
Share market and properties.

OK then, that's more like an investment brother!

We are talking about footy tab punting here, say you don't bet any money on it, which team you think will win the premiership ?

rooter
16-09-2013, 05:13 PM
No way Roosters can win the Premiership! Easts have always been soft.
If they win I will give up punting for 1 month !!

wilisno
16-09-2013, 05:27 PM
No way Roosters can win the Premiership! Easts have always been soft.
If they win I will give up punting for 1 month !!

If return visits to favourite girls are not considered punting, then I'll join you ... for a week ! ;) ;) ;)

paulgallen
16-09-2013, 11:19 PM
Rooter
how can u say easts are soft ? did u see how brutal their game with Manly was ? Manly defence absolutely smashed the roosters all night. Somehow roosters still manage hold on and win. Roosters will be there on GF day, to be beaten by Sharkies of course lol

AHLUNGOR
17-09-2013, 11:06 AM
I still think Melbourne Storm is a chance of going back to back, they were obviously a bit off when they lost by 10 points to the Bunnies. And had some bad decision went against, Billy Slater's second try should have been awarded and they probably would have gone on to win and have the week off.

They should beat the Knights at home!

Manly should be too strong for the Sharks especially without Todd Carney ?

South has beaten Manly before and should beat Manly and reach the Grand Final - as a Storm fans (well, as a Queensland supporter - so I got to support the QLD spines !) I think we have a better chance to win the GF against the Rabbitohs than Manly !

And the Storms would have no fears facing the Roosters. Cooper Cronk and Cameron Smiths have had the woods on the Roosters half in the Origin and will beat them again.

So for the NRL, I am going with the Storms.

On AFL, I think Geelong will continue their winning against the Hawks and reach the GF, If the Swans can't beat Fremantle, then the AFL will have a logistical nightmare when 15,000 Fremantle fans want to travel across the country !!

Just my three cents

Cheers

Travelmate
17-09-2013, 01:44 PM

then they paid few toliets for me
i am happy

you do not need them everytime to win to win money
do you understand

rooter
17-09-2013, 01:59 PM
The smart money was on Southern Stars F.C ! matches ;)

mista
17-09-2013, 02:03 PM
Is there any importance of explaining to you the slight difference between not knowing and not caring?

then they paid few toliets for me
i am happy

you do not need them everytime to win to win money
do you understand

Sextus
20-09-2013, 03:45 PM
Cronulla are in a sudden death finals match with Manly tonight.

They have NEVER won a knock out finals match against Manly - ever.

But I will be completely happy with their season if they knock fucking Manly out of the competiton just once. :D

Fisher
20-09-2013, 05:31 PM
If cronulla turn up too play they are a chance no stewart for manly and it was a tough game against the roosters last week.
No carney is a concern but

rooter
20-09-2013, 05:41 PM
Just put $100 on a Geelong v Swans Grand Final at $10.50
It's a long shot but couldn't resist the lure of $1050 punting money.
That's 5 sessions at Ginza!!!

Fisher
20-09-2013, 09:45 PM
14 to 8 too manly at half time lets see how the second half goes

Fisher
20-09-2013, 10:48 PM
Souths verse manly it is on friday night anz stadium

AHLUNGOR
21-09-2013, 12:35 AM

Bad luck!

I have Geelong in my multi too, leading by 20 points at the 3rd and got run down!

Hawks will be very hard to beat now !

Fisher
21-09-2013, 09:54 PM
Could be a big upset on the cards with the knights leading melbourne early in the second half

AHLUNGOR
22-09-2013, 02:24 AM
All my teams are out of the finals !

Well, I will be supporting the knights now !

Fisher
22-09-2013, 06:52 AM
Newcastle vs rooster next sat at allianz stadium

rooter
22-09-2013, 08:34 AM

Looks like it will be a quiet week for me ;(

AHLUNGOR
22-09-2013, 10:21 AM
Newcastle vs rooster next sat at allianz stadium

Well, I had a few bucks on Newcastle to win the flag when they went in the top 8 @$51.00 ! doubling up with the six AFL teams including Hawks and Freo, so if the Knights go all the way, I can go to the Penthouse a couple of times, talking about a rank outsider !

paulgallen
22-09-2013, 06:51 PM
NO
Sharkied bundled out. doesn't matter who wins now. In bright side mad monday come 2 weeks early.

AHLUNGOR
22-09-2013, 10:02 PM
NO
Sharkied bundled out. doesn't matter who wins now. In bright side mad monday come 2 weeks early.

Sure, mad Monday is fine but Gal, Fifita, Lewis and Gordon will be called upon for the World Cup in England !

Or having coffee with Asads! What's that gonna be ?

paulgallen
22-09-2013, 11:46 PM
Pantherd and Raiders should be having coffee with adada. Raider player and ex panther (&rooster) player came out admitting drug use. Nothing wrong done at Sharkies club

IExperiment
23-09-2013, 02:08 AM
Well I hope manly play as good as they play agains the Rooster and kick the Rabbit ass.
Than the Grand final will be again the Rooster and if manly play well they might win this time as it is hard to beat a good team three times in a meet.

paulgallen
27-09-2013, 11:19 PM
bunnies choked

AHLUNGOR
28-09-2013, 12:44 AM
Well I hope manly play as good as they play agains the Rooster and kick the Rabbit ass.
Than the Grand final will be again the Rooster and if manly play well they might win this time as it is hard to beat a good team three times in a meet.

Well, you've got your wishes, Manly definitely can win this! They are one tough team and came back from 14-0 down to blow the bunnies off the park, 30 unanswered points !

They can win the flag !

IExperiment
28-09-2013, 01:09 AM
Well, you've got your wishes, Manly definitely can win this! They are one tough team and came back from 14-0 down to blow the bunnies off the park, 30 unanswered points !

They can win the flag !

I know I am dangerous but I dont wish. I dont gamble on TAB just watch the game if I have time or really wanted to watch the game.

Looks like Rooter will have a month off :) I am glad Russel team lost ....lol....

I always like manly and Jamie Lions but they are a bit dirty and rough but than agian this is a thugs game not gentleman games where you hear quite a few bashing ...lol...
Anyway I wanted the Rooster to win but would not loose sleep over them anyway ...lol... if they lost.

Oneonone
28-09-2013, 10:56 AM
Well I am not having a good run 1st choice St. George long time gone and buried
2nd Choice Sharkies fell by the way side
3rd choice Rabbits well they are not gone

So I am now going for the Knights so if you want to make a bet be warned I have put the hoo doo on them.

Jimmy Rustles
28-09-2013, 12:07 PM
Thinking of going 1-12 for the knights tonight. Should I go 13+ instead?

IExperiment
28-09-2013, 07:00 PM
Well I am not having a good run 1st choice St. George long time gone and buried
2nd Choice Sharkies fell by the way side
3rd choice Rabbits well they are not gone

So I am now going for the Knights so if you want to make a bet be warned I have put the hoo doo on them.

3rd choice is gone my friend :)