PDA

View Full Version : General talk Forex in syd

Skepti10
18-09-2013, 01:28 AM
This is for all the frequent overseas travelers:

Which place do you go for the best exchange rate? I'm interested mainly in buying thai baht and maybe a few malaysian ringgit for the layover.

I think for the majority of my trip I'll be using my 28 degrees card but I think I still need a few k in cash for my first night.

Thoughts anyone?

IExperiment
18-09-2013, 02:10 AM
This is for all the frequent overseas travelers:

Which place do you go for the best exchange rate? I'm interested mainly in buying thai baht and maybe a few malaysian ringgit for the layover.

I think for the majority of my trip I'll be using my 28 degrees card but I think I still need a few k in cash for my first night.

Thoughts anyone?

There is a underground money exchange for Thai bath but best for the local to go there or you speak Thai, so for tourist best to just look around in money exchange as it is not that bad anyway. Remember a while back when it was around the 20bath to our one now around 28+.

AC3
18-09-2013, 02:18 AM
If you were looking for a FX house in Sydney as per your Subject then there's no better place than KVB Kunlun, Citibank Building on Park street in the City. Best rates in town.

Skepti10
18-09-2013, 02:55 PM
Just went to kvb but unfortunately they don't swap thb or rm. Does anyone have any other suggestions or is travelex my best option?

Punter Poontang
24-09-2013, 05:40 PM
I use Lotus in Parramatta, but they have other locations too:

http://www.lotusfx.com/australia.html

No commission and consistently better rates than everywhere else I've looked, significantly better than the other FX places in Westfields that are just a stones throw away.

You might still do better changing at the other end once you reach your destination, but if you need to hit the ground with cash you can't go wrong with them imo. NEVER use airport FX changers. :-)