PDA

View Full Version : General talk Does true love really exist?

herecticx
18-09-2013, 09:43 PM
Does true love really exist?

or is love just a nice way to define a genetic mating pool fucking to save our own species

HeinrichRommelGoring
18-09-2013, 09:52 PM
Does true love really exist?

or is love just a nice way to define a genetic mating pool fucking to save our own species

Yes it does exist, but not in and around the sex industry. Procreation or reproduction has nothing to do with love.
In other words, as we know, we can be in love without ever procreating/reproducing and we can reproduce without ever being in love.

Auf Wiedersehen,
Heinrich Rommel Goring.

herecticx
18-09-2013, 10:12 PM
maybe ive had it too good for too long

seeing WG on the regular and neglecting civilian girls because its 'not worth' the trouble

grant
19-09-2013, 12:05 AM
Yes it does exist, but not in and around the sex industry. Procreation or reproduction has nothing to do with love.
In other words, as we know, we can be in love without ever procreating/reproducing and we can reproduce without ever being in love.

Auf Wiedersehen,
Heinrich Rommel Goring.

I have a problem with unsupported/unsupportable generalisations. You can't say, absolutely, that a punter cannot fall for a sex worker or vice versa. However, if you're going into it looking for love, that's like doing the same going to the supermarket or to church; finding a mate might be your primary concern, but you'll find that most other parties will have different priorities in those situations. So if you're looking for a mate, I think it makes most sense to look for this mate where other people also look for mates (i.e. a brothel is probably not a good place, which is the point Herr Goering was making)

I don't think it can definitely be said that love has anything to do with the survival of the species. The history of marriage and family has been influenced more by concerns of economics and class/status than it has been about a mutual sense of fulfillment. I recall a friend telling me that the concept of marrying for 'love' came about sometime in the middle ages (something to do with someone being inspired by St Valentine).

On an off note, I would love some more non-trivial German being thrown around these forums!

tarl1975
19-09-2013, 12:30 AM
Interestingly, I was seeing one of the WLs a long time ago. I practically spent everyday with her after she quit work. We liked each other and had discussed our future together. We are the only ones who knew everything about each other. I knew why she was working as a WL and she knew why I visited WLs. At the end of the day, she had to go back to her old boyfriend even though she was not treated nicely for various reasons that I cannot mention here. We both know that if circumstance is a little bit different, we would be together. There are things that just cannot be changed or just need to wait. I guess true love is that if you know everything about the other person and still want to spend time with the other person, that's true love.

HeinrichRommelGoring
19-09-2013, 12:35 AM
I have a problem with unsupported/unsupportable generalisations. You can't say, absolutely, that a punter cannot fall for a sex worker or vice versa. However, if you're going into it looking for love, that's like doing the same going to the supermarket or to church; finding a mate might be your primary concern, but you'll find that most other parties will have different priorities in those situations. So if you're looking for a mate, I think it makes most sense to look for this mate where other people also look for mates (i.e. a brothel is probably not a good place, which is the point Herr Goering was making)

I don't think it can definitely be said that love has anything to do with the survival of the species. The history of marriage and family has been influenced more by concerns of economics and class/status than it has been about a mutual sense of fulfillment. I recall a friend telling me that the concept of marrying for 'love' came about sometime in the middle ages (something to do with someone being inspired by St Valentine).

On an off note, I would love some more non-trivial German being thrown around these forums!

I don't believe one can live by absolute exactitudes, we have to make generalisations in order make sense of the world. Of course, there are exceptions to the general rule, rightly so, it is the exception that proves the rule. As an aside, I prefer the German spelling Goring to the common English translation of Georing. A minor point in the scheme of things, though words are important. I'm not sure what you mean by "I would love some more non-trivial German being thrown around". Do you wish to discuss WWII? I'd be happy to oblige, if that is so.

Auf Wiedersehen,
Heinrich Rommel Göring.

IExperiment
19-09-2013, 12:50 AM
You will never know where you can find love :) let just say you can find love anywhere and in any circumstances.
Yes love do exist but were only human we get bored and yes I still love the one and only :)
I just need that extra now and again :) but I still only love one wife :) not the ex just care for her or pity her.
All I can say is woman are more loyal than guys :) we most likely to stray more than them or maybe cause she love me more than I loved her :)

Tomosavic
19-09-2013, 02:38 AM

Lol.. we have multicultural posters on this forum, Japanese in Yamada, French or fake French in The Cable Guy? then this German Nazi :shout:

Licker
19-09-2013, 08:55 AM
As an aside, I prefer the German spelling Goring to the common English translation of Georing.

Do you wish to discuss WWII?

Heinrich Rommel Goring.

Well, if you like the German spelling, then that is Göring.

Why WWII? All of the three "gentlemen" were already in WWI as well. (not as prominent role obviously)
Assuming of course that Heinrich refers to Himmler. :)

BTW, for those saying these are Nazi names: Göring was the only one of them in the Nazi party leadership, the other two were generals.

Boney
19-09-2013, 10:44 AM
Yes true love exists, and it is hiding behind the couch

grant
19-09-2013, 01:01 PM
I don't believe one can live by absolute exactitudes, we have to make generalisations in order make sense of the world. Of course, there are exceptions to the general rule, rightly so, it is the exception that proves the rule.

On the OP's issue, I think at least we can agree that visiting a brothel to look for a partner is less than ideal. I agree that making generalisations about what we experience is necessary, but I guess I'm more heavily influenced by the uncertainty associated with it. I've come to accept that very few non-trivial aspects of my life are totally within my control. Thus, any attempt to bring myself closer to a certain goal could have unforeseen consequences that either may or may not be in my favour. I have no idea what the outcome of a particular action could be. All I have is some nebulous, subjective concept of the probability of success, and at a particular level of uncertainty, I just give up.

Thus is the chaos of the world.

Interestingly, I was seeing one of the WLs a long time ago. I practically spent everyday with her after she quit work. We liked each other and had discussed our future together. We are the only ones who knew everything about each other. I knew why she was working as a WL and she knew why I visited WLs. At the end of the day, she had to go back to her old boyfriend even though she was not treated nicely for various reasons that I cannot mention here. We both know that if circumstance is a little bit different, we would be together. There are things that just cannot be changed or just need to wait. I guess true love is that if you know everything about the other person and still want to spend time with the other person, that's true love.

That's a sad story, thanks for sharing.

Well, if you like the German spelling, then that is Göring.

That's what I was going to say. If you're going with the German spelling you'd need the o umlaut to be completely correct. Since there's no such letter in English, we substitute it with the 'oe' diphthong.

I like the way German sounds despite not understanding the language at all. I spent half a year learning it in high school and the pronunciation has stuck with me since. I just enjoy reading German out loud to myself is all.

HeinrichRommelGoring
19-09-2013, 01:24 PM
Grant & Licker, you are both sticklers for accuracy, how very Germanic. Thanks!

Regards &,
Auf Wiedersehen,
Heinrich Rommel Göring

Tk001
20-09-2013, 12:46 AM
True love does not exist. I was at the hairdresser the other day having a chat and joke around. my hairdresser ( a male) came up with a valid point. Men are programmed to like something untill there over it or can get something better. For eg playing a specific ps3 game will be great for X amount of weeks untill your bored of it. As well as getting something better like buying a AMG merc having all that power than something newer and better comes you upgrade.
A man will like a girl untill his over the same pussy or bored from her and then will seek something more "better".
So if true love means being loyal to one partner forever it cannot exist if you agree with above.

IExperiment
20-09-2013, 12:51 AM
True love does not exist. I was at the hairdresser the other day having a chat and joke around. my hairdresser ( a male) came up with a valid point. Men are programmed to like something untill there over it or can get something better. For eg playing a specific ps3 game will be great for X amount of weeks untill your bored of it. As well as getting something better like buying a AMG merc having all that power than something newer and better comes you upgrade.
A man will like a girl untill his over the same pussy or bored from her and then will seek something more "better".
So if true love means being loyal to one partner forever it cannot exist if you agree with above.

lol I dont agree with you ...lol... you cant compare a toy with a living person ...lol...
Yes You get bored with product time to time or a new one comes along but living things :) is a little different as I always go back to the same one after my fun :)