PDA

View Full Version : General talk Tech & engineering and what's hot

IExperiment
19-09-2013, 02:01 AM
Day to day life what we need for transport or just having fun with them.
Cars this days are just getting better and better but we all wanted to safe on fuel.

Everyone complaint about fuel but yes we have money to buy fuel specially if you can offord expensive cars who cares about fuel right but this day to fill up a 2008 Cayenne turbo cost more than $150 for 100 litre tank or a 2011 A6 TFSI is around $110 and dont forget the environment.

So thank to new better engineering is coming like the new A45 AMG which is a 2.0L with 265KW and 6.9 for 100KM this is great :)
Sprint 0-100 is 4.6 for oz but review overseas are 4.2 :)
Cost just over 82K drive away which is way cheaper than cars I mention above to start with.

AHLUNGOR
19-09-2013, 02:09 AM
Hi brother IE,

Please speak English !

I'm just a Camry/Honda kind of guy, so don't really understand all that ........haha

Cheers

Oneonone
19-09-2013, 05:53 PM
Hi brother IE,

Please speak English !

I'm just a Camry/Honda kind of guy, so don't really understand all that ........haha

Cheers

I think he is trying to say you need to be a brothel owner to own one of those cars?

AHLUNGOR
19-09-2013, 06:00 PM
I think he is trying to say you need to be a brothel owner to own one of those cars?

I rather own one of those Mercedes Benz as driven by David from Newtown !!

Boney
19-09-2013, 06:21 PM
If I had the brothel I wouldn't need the car, I could drive around Australia a number of times for the price difference between my car and an $80,000 car

CunningLinguist
19-09-2013, 06:30 PM
Day to day life what we need for transport or just having fun with them.
Cars this days are just getting better and better but we all wanted to safe on fuel.

Everyone complaint about fuel but yes we have money to buy fuel specially if you can offord expensive cars who cares about fuel right but this day to fill up a 2008 Cayenne turbo cost more than $150 for 100 litre tank or a 2011 A6 TFSI is around $110 and dont forget the environment.

So thank to new better engineering is coming like the new A45 AMG which is a 2.0L with 265KW and 6.9 for 100KM this is great :)
Sprint 0-100 is 4.6 for oz but review overseas are 4.2 :)
Cost just over 82K drive away which is way cheaper than cars I mention above to start with.

How many blondes per kilometre do you get with those fancy cars ... :)

IExperiment
20-09-2013, 12:38 AM
Jezzz you guys ...lol... I am amazed with the new tech and I suggest to everyone not to fall behind and Yes I will probably buy one for my Miss :) as she drive 5x more than me I will be lucky to put 2K a year on any cars.
To compare this car even with a 2013 IS350 with 233KW 3.5 litre and similar price with almost double the size of the engine.
The tech is amazing how a small engine can genarate so much power with great fuel economy thats why the heading is Tech & engineering.

To answer some of your guys question.

1. Camry and Honda are a good day to day car with no frills and there is nothing wrong with them.
2. I am not a brothel owner :)
3. I actually havent shown any cars for the past few months to any girls.

Action Pump
20-09-2013, 11:32 PM
Lucky you ain't no boat owner!
500L tank. At around $1.80/L, as marinas think they can charge more, you go wtf after seeing the fuel bill.

How about getting BMW i8 coming out next year?

IExperiment
23-09-2013, 01:52 AM
Lucky you ain't no boat owner!
500L tank. At around $1.80/L, as marinas think they can charge more, you go wtf after seeing the fuel bill.

How about getting BMW i8 coming out next year?

So you have just over 20footer, 50+ foot Princess or similar are more than 2K fuel :)

Boney
23-09-2013, 08:42 AM
Interesting people complaining about the price of petrol, a short while ago in was driving a friend to the airport and stopped to fill up, omg $1.50 a litre, she went and bought a bottle of water to take on the plane, $3 for half a litre, $6 a litre. Water just comes from the heavens or is pumped from an aquifer, petrol is shipped from around the world, goes through complicated industrial processes, has significant health and safety issues at all stages, involves wars and overthrowing of governments, possibly the destruction of the environment and with it life as we now know it, all for $1.50 a litre, good value compared to a bottle of water if you ask me.

CunningLinguist
23-09-2013, 10:14 AM
Interesting people complaining about the price of petrol, a short while ago in was driving a friend to the airport and stopped to fill up, omg $1.50 a litre, she went and bought a bottle of water to take on the plane, $3 for half a litre, $6 a litre. Water just comes from the heavens or is pumped from an aquifer, petrol is shipped from around the world, goes through complicated industrial processes, has significant health and safety issues at all stages, involves wars and overthrowing of governments, possibly the destruction of the environment and with it life as we now know it, all for $1.50 a litre, good value compared to a bottle of water if you ask me.

Water is a ripoff!
Years ago there used to be bubblers around so you could drink for free, but these are being removed as development proceeds and not being replaced.
Try finding a bubbler to drink water at a shopping centre these days ...

Action Pump
23-09-2013, 06:26 PM
So you have just over 20footer, 50+ foot Princess or similar are more than 2K fuel :)

I wish!! Only have a Haines Hunter 760. Bought it with my brother too. Lucky i can split the costs with him.

One of our fishing buddies had a Contender with 750L(?) tank. Mind boggling! He flogs the damn thing too. We only cruise in ours haha