PDA

View Full Version : General talk Loyalty Card Ramble

danenth
10-10-2013, 08:54 AM
I have 3 Loyalty Cards for 2 differrnt shops that have matured at the same time. A cheap week of punting ahead I thought. Went to the first shop pulled it out (the loyalty card that is) only to be told I couldn't use it at that shop any more. WHAT THE ? I've only been here 9 times over the last 6 months and now you tell me I can't use it. Oh but you can sill use it at the other shop I was told after scrounging up enough coin for a 45 min session. Was told some punters have been forging cards so now they have separate cards for each shop I think it's more a case of clever busines practice. By having separate cards for each shop and rotating the popular girls between each of the shops it will take punters a lot more visits to fill a card unless they are prepared to track their regulars and wait to see them at the same shop. Once Ive used this card im done with this shop for good. No prize for guessing the shop.

brownwallaby
10-10-2013, 10:41 AM
This was discussed 6 weeks ago mate and you also participated in it

BrainSex
10-10-2013, 01:51 PM
i don't worry about the loyalty cards myself.

If it's any consolation my local Thai takeaway shop did the same thing. Happy to stamp my card for all my purchases this year. When I went to claim my free Tom Yum they pointed out the card expired 31/12/12. I said they had stamped it all year. They just shrugged.

tikogoh
10-10-2013, 11:52 PM
Looks like loyalty cards isn't going to make us any loyal. It's so ironic

CunningLinguist
11-10-2013, 01:13 AM
Looks like loyalty cards isn't going to make us any loyal. It's so ironic

Loyalty schemes that offer real value are quickly over-subscribed and then before long the rules are changed to make them valueless ...

bigbob
12-10-2013, 07:50 AM
never use those loyalty cards

brownwallaby
12-10-2013, 10:25 AM
I use anything that can lawfully reduce costs: loyalty cards, early bird discounts, Tuesday Specials etc

cocktus
12-10-2013, 11:20 AM
I use anything that can lawfully reduce costs: loyalty cards, early bird discounts, Tuesday Specials etc

i know coz you hv the urge to visit bunch of your regulars every so often .... =)
what's your schedule for today bro? maybe we can do together (reverse duo), so 1 ML got two of us at the same time. That will be quite new. Set a new benchmark for Brisbane scene for sure haha.

btw i dont get it, what's the relationship between forging a loyalty card, and card only valid for a branch and you cannot mix it. Surely if punters want to forge the card they still can do it whether the card is only for a branch or mix???

brownwallaby
12-10-2013, 11:44 AM
i know coz you hv the urge to visit bunch of your regulars every so often .... =)
what's your schedule for today bro? maybe we can do together (reverse duo), so 1 ML got two of us at the same time. That will be quite new. Set a new benchmark for Brisbane scene for sure haha.

btw i dont get it, what's the relationship between forging a loyalty card, and card only valid for a branch and you cannot mix it. Surely if punters want to forge the card they still can do it whether the card is only for a branch or mix???

My schedule today is getting 5-6 of my regulars to a private bikini party at the pool in my back yard. Feel free to join :)

WhoopsieDoodle
13-10-2013, 09:03 AM

I agree, it doesn't seem to fix the problem, but just cause an additional annoyance if you are a legit cardholder.

From what I can gather, the girls use a pen + paper system to record the bookings, and also the admin stuff just after you arrive? I'm not sure exactly what the admin entails, but wouldn't a computerised system negate the need for cards and stamps, eliminating any forgeries? It would also notify when a punter has reached the end of a loyalty cycle and is due for his reward.

brownwallaby
13-10-2013, 11:14 AM
and once the card reaches maturity they will text a reminder to punter's mobile, at dinner time when punters gather with their family. Nice

tikogoh
13-10-2013, 11:58 PM
I have 3 Loyalty Cards for 2 differrnt shops that have matured at the same time. A cheap week of punting ahead I thought. Went to the first shop pulled it out (the loyalty card that is) only to be told I couldn't use it at that shop any more. WHAT THE ? I've only been here 9 times over the last 6 months and now you tell me I can't use it. Oh but you can sill use it at the other shop I was told after scrounging up enough coin for a 45 min session. Was told some punters have been forging cards so now they have separate cards for each shop I think it's more a case of clever busines practice. By having separate cards for each shop and rotating the popular girls between each of the shops it will take punters a lot more visits to fill a card unless they are prepared to track their regulars and wait to see them at the same shop. Once Ive used this card im done with this shop for good. No prize for guessing the shop.

I think I know which shop. I can't even backdate the cards too. Partly why I'm also not going back there for a long time. I'll still visit when I get my leave next year, but for now, I'm too disappointed.

BrainSex
14-10-2013, 07:49 AM
I'm not sure exactly what the admin entails, but wouldn't a computerised system negate the need for cards and stamps, eliminating any forgeries? It would also notify when a punter has reached the end of a loyalty cycle and is due for his reward.

These shops really want minimal amount of tracking and accounting.

If they did have a loyalty IT solution, I think it could be called "Please Cum Again".

AHLUNGOR
14-10-2013, 11:23 AM
To be honest, I have never bothered to use my loyalty cards even at my favourite shops - to start with, I am a married man so I can't keep the card on me, eventhough my Mrs. never went though my wallet but you just never know !!

Some shops have a box to keep the client's cards at the shop, but the problem is, no one really used their real names when punting, so there are too many Tom, Dick and Harry or Peter, Paul and Malvern !!

But to be fair, I did get a couple of loyalty "free" punts in my earlier days with Snow Lotus and later on with Silver Fox when I sort of visiting their shops almost exclusively every week, so even when I didn't have the cards punched, they sort of knew when the 10th punt was up!! But since I started to spread my times between more shops likes Burwood then Stanmore, then QVB and 316 Central and CBD Posh etc. it was much harder to keep track so neither myself nor my mamasan friends were bothered to count anymore!!

well, if I am really really desperate one day and really out of cash, I suppose I could go back to all my reviews and start counting, sure I could prove that I have earned my free 30 min with some shops ..............haha

Cheers

:question:1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6................. ok start again, 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7..................... oh what was that again, give me a new card: 1, 2, 3............

Brissie.Punter
20-10-2013, 03:11 AM
loyality cards provide the major benefit to the business that issues them ... the client receives only a secondary benefit ... unlike retail loyality schemes the loyality cards issued by massage shops do not have standard or published terms and conditions ... so every now when the massage shop has a "reason" they change the terms and conditions or cancel the credits accumalated on the loyality cards ... like Flybuys and other loyality schemes they should not be the only determinate in your consumption of services ... Bris99 should issue a frequent punters card so we can get an everyday 10% discount at the shop of our choice

wunderboy
12-11-2013, 01:44 PM
I know this is old news but I still wanna ramble!

Really can't understand why the loyalty card is only available for 2 months. Tried hard to get there but still failed.

Not sure about you guys but I probably only get one massage a week which means I only get 8 in 2 months. :cry:

I sincerely request the management to extend it to 3 months minimum.

samdv
12-11-2013, 02:01 PM
i had 2 fully stamped loyalty cards and when i was going to use one the other day, i was told that the rules have changed and valid for only 2 or 3 months and also had to be used at the same location (if they have more than one shop). i was highly disappointed, no one told me about the change while stamping them. they just ripped both my cards lol ... said "not valid, sorry"

comer1111
12-11-2013, 06:09 PM
Angies massage will have a card in next week or so and will not have any expire time limit on it .. after 8 visits you will get a 1 hr massage free

danenth
12-11-2013, 06:51 PM
I have a fully stamped card for Star Massage at South Bribane if anyone wants it. They probably wont honour it though. I've vowed to boycott both Star shops.

CunningLinguist
12-11-2013, 06:59 PM
Loyalty cards are just another gimmick to get you in the door.

popeye96
12-11-2013, 07:47 PM
Loyalty cards used to be a reward for regular customers. I wouldn't call them a gimmick, but it seems like they are more designed as a cash grab, to get you in the door as often as possible.

I don't use them to get freebies as such. More to let the girls know that I have been there a couple of times before. ;) I usually leave it in plain view on top of my clothes.

heatseeker
12-11-2013, 07:58 PM
I will treat loyalty programs with a grain of salt
If I am offered a discount for the next punt, I will take it, but too often loyalty with one business makes them take you for granted
I have had one bait and switch recently after being offered a 'discount', and will not trust 'loyalty' discounts again
Once more, loyalty to me seems to imply the business has you by the balls
Im happy to be proven wrong by satisfied customers

WhoopsieDoodle
12-11-2013, 11:03 PM
I visited an establishment for the first time in early September and have been going there once a week since. I frequent this place because I like it there, not because of any incentive to fill up my loyalty card. If the card wasn't offered, I would still go there.

My loyalty card with them filled up last week and so this week I am due to pick up my freebie. I shall let you know how I go.

tikogoh
13-11-2013, 08:02 AM
I know this is old news but I still wanna ramble!

Really can't understand why the loyalty card is only available for 2 months. Tried hard to get there but still failed.

Not sure about you guys but I probably only get one massage a week which means I only get 8 in 2 months. :cry:

I sincerely request the management to extend it to 3 months minimum.

Neither do I. 2 months is way too short, especially when 10 stamps are needed for a freebie. Maybe by the 10th stamp, it's meeting her outside for a freebie? LOL :smile:

ecchi.gaijin
13-11-2013, 10:18 AM
Neither do I. 2 months is way too short, especially when 10 stamps are needed for a freebie. Maybe by the 10th stamp, it's meeting her outside for a freebie? LOL :smile:

How many punters frequent a shop more than once a week? Of those people, how many go to the same shop more than once a week? That is what the loyalty cards are trying to reward .... loyalty.

heatseeker
13-11-2013, 10:25 AM
I receive regular sms from some businesses, and I am rewarded from time to time with a discount
I try to work closely with the managers, I am very fair and polite, and despite this from time to time management lets you down, sometimes not giving the complete truth about the lady that has been booked.
Thats business, and I roll with the punches graciously, as long as I avoid the absolute dud punt

I am reliable with my bookings, I always turn up as scheduled, and on time
I also dont ask for an extension of time during a P2P experience, unlike some of my colleagues, and therefore stuffup the next punter's booking

In my young P2P career, I exclusively deal with businesses that post a regular roster, at least every 2-3 days
Otherwise I do not trust what I am going to get when I arrive

But a discount program is something I am wary of. I am not going to commit to any business.
There is just too many good businesses out there today, who are very responsive to our community's needs

popeye96
13-11-2013, 12:08 PM
I receive regular sms from some businesses, and I am rewarded from time to time with a discount
I try to work closely with the managers, I am very fair and polite, and despite this from time to time management lets you down, sometimes not giving the complete truth about the lady that has been booked.
Thats business, and I roll with the punches graciously, as long as I avoid the absolute dud punt

I am reliable with my bookings, I always turn up as scheduled, and on time
I also dont ask for an extension of time during a P2P experience, unlike some of my colleagues, and therefore stuffup the next punter's booking

In my young P2P career, I exclusively deal with businesses that post a regular roster, at least every 2-3 days
Otherwise I do not trust what I am going to get when I arrive

But a discount program is something I am wary of. I am not going to commit to any business.
There is just too many good businesses out there today, who are very responsive to our community's needs

You're not from Brisbane are you? lol

heatseeker
13-11-2013, 12:14 PM
No, popeye96. Im from Sydney
The descriptions I write are from a Sydney perspective
I have no direct experience with Brisbane - but my highest regards to my northerly neighbours from the Sunshine State !

Greatsage
13-11-2013, 04:49 PM
Wow! A massage parlour responding to the community's needs? Sounds very....political.

Responding to the community's needs would include no double-booking, massaging through to the very end, clean towels, hard=hard/medium=medium, aircon not at -4 degrees, selective use of quality baby oil :miao:

Of course not all places are like this, but just wondering what a pollie would say if they were 'representing' us.

heatseeker
13-11-2013, 04:53 PM
Yes. Shock horror

Businesses can be responsive to the communities needs

But by 'community' I was referring to members of this forum ; )

popeye96
13-11-2013, 05:23 PM
Hey heatseeker. How about having a quiet word to some of those Sydney shop owners and see if they would open some shops in Brisbane. As you know we are getting fucked in price and service up here, and not in a good way. My guess is they would make a killing.

heatseeker
13-11-2013, 05:36 PM
I hear you my friend, popeye96

You flatter me, Im a new member here (but already a senior member due to my involvement)

Also, businesses do read these posts - Im sure a lot are keen to improve their revenues, and quality of clientele

Maybe there are stricter council laws in Brisbane my friend, that may be part of the issue, Im not sure

I can PM you if you like regarding what I would do if I was in Brisbane.

Regards

popeye96
13-11-2013, 05:44 PM
Yes you are correct about the laws up here. I think they are about to issue new car number plates and replace Queensland - The Sunshine State, with Queensland - The Nazi State.

CunningLinguist
13-11-2013, 05:49 PM
Hey heatseeker. How about having a quiet word to some of those Sydney shop owners and see if they would open some shops in Brisbane. As you know we are getting fucked in price and service up here, and not in a good way. My guess is they would make a killing.

You guys are getting fucked every which way but not with a pussy ...

heatseeker
13-11-2013, 05:53 PM
Yes. Looking at CLs recent posts, he is getting offered a lot of pussy for his new service

WhoopsieDoodle
14-11-2013, 11:58 PM
Had my 11th massage in 11 weeks today. Was just like all the others, except it was free :)