PDA

View Full Version : General talk Unpaid self promotion

BrainSex
13-11-2013, 08:38 AM
I know that I frequent this site too much and that the site is sponsored by advertisers. The paid advertisers make this site workable and I guess that when I'm in Sydney I'll be checking out the advertisers.

What is the policy and acceptance level of people promoting their own businesses through the forum yet not contributing to the paid revenue scheme?

At the risk of being flamed I think the owner's promotion of Angie's is an abuse of a good free service. Punter discussion of services is good and encouraged but I don't like the owner leading the threads.

Just my thoughts this morning.

BrainSex

BrisMoses
13-11-2013, 09:58 AM
you make a good point

anyone else in the past trying to promote a particular girl or shop has been called a pimp and told to fuck off

just my 2c

heatseeker
13-11-2013, 10:19 AM
This site is a great one for the Sydney community
Its clear that advertisers also realise this fact
I prefer more information than less, but also agree that there needs to be some regulation
But my main wish is that all the information provided is accurate, and that businesses maintain a high standard of reliable customer service
Our community has a loud voice, and is growing stronger by the month
And we love returning to businesses that show us some respect

ooshka
13-11-2013, 11:47 AM
Totally agree with you Brain Sex. Someone is taking the piss.

popeye96
13-11-2013, 11:55 AM
While I take your point, I really couldn't care less. If it was an issue, the moderators would do something about it and we all know the site is rarely, if at all moderated. Good luck to them I say.

Just keep the info to a single thread, without starting a new one each time. Then it would start to piss me off. ;)

ecchi.gaijin
13-11-2013, 12:32 PM
While I take your point, I really couldn't care less. If it was an issue, the moderators would do something about it and we all know the site is rarely, if at all moderated. Good luck to them I say.

Just keep the info to a single thread, without starting a new one each time. Then it would start to piss me off. ;)

I think there should be a distinction made between blatant advertising of a mere shop/service and advertising of current offers. The latter can be useful, while the former is merely spam.

And as Popeye says, if it is kept to one thread the annoyance factor is reduced.

Bblue
13-11-2013, 12:37 PM

Totally agreed =) BOOM... big thumb ups!

comer1111
13-11-2013, 04:52 PM
Nothing wrong with free adds and if I did not do a bit of this then prices would be a lot higher! I am providing much better service than other shops who just don't care !! We provide quality oils towels cleaned by laundry service daily, these things cost money!!! So you can't have it both ways either u want quality service at good price or just shit service and get ripped off!!! So if I can give you guys a good quality service at good price then I like to let u know by this forum

oilman
13-11-2013, 05:28 PM
Nice... please tell us all when your decision to start ripping everyone off happens...

Theres heeps of pimps on here, weather its a fake good after reports or sly induendo, were not dumb, just choose weather to like it or not.

I like your shop corner1111 but best off keeping to one thread in correct category or you may piss people off & get a heep of bad after reports therefore costing you way more than advertising. ..

popeye96
13-11-2013, 05:29 PM
Hey comer, you will find that the vast majority don't have an issue with you promoting your shop on here. In fact, the more the merrier. Competition can only be good, right? I think what annoys people is flooding the forum with new threads. There is a right way and a wrong way of doing things. Might be just my opinion, but that's the way I see it.

By the way, interested who Angie is and how you came up with the name. Unless you are actually Angie. And here I was all this time thinking you were a dude. lol

comer1111
13-11-2013, 05:40 PM
Hahah. Yes I am a guy and some of May of u may seen me at shop. Angie is good freind and manger of shop.!! . Ok I will try keep to one forum .. But really just trying to let u guys know that there is now quality shop out there offering great service .. I give great deals for all you guys , let's see how many other shops will follow my footsteps .. not many if any

BrainSex
13-11-2013, 07:55 PM
as well as keeping to one thread I think you need to accept that your input into other topics needs to be limited. now you've gone to the other side, i don't wish you any malice, just saying in the context of a healthy public forum.

gpeck80
17-11-2013, 05:43 AM
I have found Comer's posts to be polite, to the point, and not pushy or emotional (Hank for instance). I for one want to know whats out there, so someone posting about a new place, the owner or not, is fine by me. None of us here would have known about it otherwise (or at least until word of mouth caught up which probably would have been at least a month or two later). I think many brothers on reading Comer's posts, have checked out the place and left happy, so I dont see the problem. Restricting to one thread might be a happy medium. Also Comer as identified himself as the owner straight up. I greatly appreciate the honesty, since you often get owners setting up sock puppets all about the place to recommend a new store (remember that clown talking up that place near garden city ?). Any user with half a brain would take his opinion with a pinch of salt anyway, and put more stock in the follow up reviews by regular posters here obvously, so I dont see any wrong doing on his part.

gpeck80
17-11-2013, 05:46 AM
Oh I forgot to also point out that there were a lot of us discussing what would make a good ML place. After that Comer asked us for feedback on what we wanted to see in a ML place and he looks to have delivered on our requests. I cant fault a guy for that. I like the fact that someone actually bothered to look out for us. That is important since those flickering ads (which I have actually never even bloody well noticed btw, do not answer my questions, receive feedback and respond !). so while you could argue hes getting "free" advertising, he actually isnt. Hes bloody well worked for it.

MrGrumpy
17-11-2013, 01:14 PM
So long as providers aren't masquerading as customers then none of this should be a problem. A category for [shop owner] would also help as comer is listed as a 'junior member'..... moderators???

This site/forum is also putting a "swine spotlight" on providers with lots of activity/posts.

my 2c worth is there is likely to be "increased monitoring" in the current environment

So it should be self regulating.......:surprise:

Lovearubntug
18-11-2013, 09:11 AM
I'm a little confused. So many different after reports from this one. Some happy with ending some not.

Comer is on this forum so much why can't he just say what is on offer..? He is very regular with post about open times, specials etc. so why not put it all out there?

Just my 2 cents.. :smile:

brownwallaby
18-11-2013, 09:21 AM
I think Comer has been very clear about what's on offer. If you get more than that well that's a bonus ... :slobber:

gpeck80
19-11-2013, 03:24 AM
Agree with bw. Comers been pretty open and up front. There is afterall the question of legality.

sevendust
24-11-2013, 03:07 PM
what i find interesting is that one of the most mentioned places on this forum reminds me of sunday school the one time i went with a mate

gpeck80
26-11-2013, 12:17 AM
You got felt up by a catholic priest ? haha sorry couldnt resist.

sevendust
26-11-2013, 11:38 PM
woops - my comment came out all wrong.