PDA

View Full Version : General talk Have u been tracked by the mrs/gf??

LeiLoDao
15-11-2013, 11:38 PM
I was wondering has this happen to any of you brothers because this has happened to a close friend of mine. Me and a few mates went for a massage at a korean b2b and his mrs start calling him after being 5mins into the session so he ignored it thinking she's calling to see how his day was. When he went to pick her up to have dinner with her(just him&her) she was all grumpy and question where he was so he made up an excuse and said he was busy with a client in a meeting and she goes to him you are lying you went to get a massage at ........... he still denied it and said he had lunch with some mates around the corner but it did not work because she has used the app find your iPhone and it has shown the place on google maps. He never thought his mrs would ever try to trace him

so just letting you brothers know if you are going punting make sure u turn your phone off or on aeroplane mode!!!!

wilisno
15-11-2013, 11:43 PM
I was wondering has this happen to any of you brothers because this has happened to a close friend of mine. Me and a few mates went for a massage at a korean b2b and his mrs start calling him after being 5mins into the session so he ignored it thinking she's calling to see how his day was. When he went to pick her up to have dinner with her(just him&her) she was all grumpy and question where he was so he made up an excuse and said he was busy with a client in a meeting and she goes to him you are lying you went to get a massage at ........... he still denied it and said he had lunch with some mates around the corner but it did not work because she has used the app find your iPhone and it has shown the place on google maps. He never thought his mrs would ever try to trace him

so just letting you brothers know if you are going punting make sure u turn your phone off or on aeroplane mode!!!!

Haha ! With today's technology, there's no need to hire private detective anymore ! :miao:

LeiLoDao
15-11-2013, 11:48 PM
aslong they know your iTunes account and pass u are screwed!!!

whats bad aswell is that we all good friends with his mrs to and he told her he had a drink with us b4 he went to pick her up.. going to be a akward moment

wilisno
15-11-2013, 11:51 PM
aslong they know your iTunes account and pass u are screwed!!!

whats bad aswell is that we all good friends with his mrs to and he told her he had a drink with us b4 he went to pick her up.. going to be a akward moment
Would it help if we put the phone on airplane mode ?

LeiLoDao
15-11-2013, 11:54 PM
Would it help if we put the phone on airplane mode ?

i think it would but make sure you are in a different area before u head to the joint because i think it takes your last location b4 u switch to aeroplane mode but not 100% sure

wilisno
15-11-2013, 11:57 PM
i think it would but make sure you are in a different area before u head to the joint because i think it takes your last location b4 u switch to aeroplane mode but not 100% sure
Haha ! Good advice, good thing you mention it, otherwise people will be cheating themselves to think they're safe after setting it on airplane mode ! :miao:

heatseeker
16-11-2013, 12:05 AM
Yes, I often worry about smartphones and certain apps which can track. in real time, your phones location

I have Android, and there is an option to turn off all location tracking services, which I always do.

I dont want location services for many reasons, and that is one of them

It is a creepy thought that anyone can get a special app that tracks the location of any mobile phone, although most apps are limited in who can be tracked

Be very careful with messaging programs and chat programs, some of which may also have this tracking function

Some dating apps also tell you the location of members of that dating website

All sorts of apps can track a phone

My tips
1)Turn off all GPS, all location tracking services as much as you can, particularly if you are somewhere you dont want people to know
2)Turn off your phone when you leave work, and say the battery went flat, or that there was bad reception or whatever
3)Buy a cheap mobile, or use an old mobile; and a new sim card, purely for P4P. This phone must be hidden very well, its a hard phone to explain if found

LeiLoDao
16-11-2013, 12:18 AM
Haha ! Good advice, good thing you mention it, otherwise people will be cheating themselves to think they're safe after setting it on airplane mode ! :miao:

i want every bro to be safe!!!

bro willisno shouldn't u b at moc trying the new girls out?? :miao:

LeiLoDao
16-11-2013, 12:20 AM
Yes, I often worry about smartphones and certain apps which can track. in real time, your phones location

I have Android, and there is an option to turn off all location tracking services, which I always do.

I dont want location services for many reasons, and that is one of them

It is a creepy thought that anyone can get a special app that tracks the location of any mobile phone, although most apps are limited in who can be tracked

Be very careful with messaging programs and chat programs, some of which may also have this tracking function

Some dating apps also tell you the location of members of that dating website

All sorts of apps can track a phone

My tips
1)Turn off all GPS, all location tracking services as much as you can, particularly if you are somewhere you dont want people to know
2)Turn off your phone when you leave work, and say the battery went flat, or that there was bad reception or whatever
3)Buy a cheap mobile, or use an old mobile; and a new sim card, purely for P4P. This phone must be hidden very well, its a hard phone to explain if found

we have thought of all your tips after he got busted... he just never thought she would ever do that so his very angry but he knows he f***ed up

CunningLinguist
16-11-2013, 12:27 AM
we have thought of all your tips after he got busted... he just never thought she would ever do that so his very angry but he knows he f***ed up

She has a hide not trusting him!

Punter Poontang
16-11-2013, 12:59 AM
She has a hide not trusting him!

Hahahahahahah, that's it, flip that shit!! I only went there because you don't trust me, love!!

In all seriousness, OP, your friend fucked up. Turn off all Location Services, and never use that Find My iPhone shit .... something like this was bound to catch up with him.

At least it was only RnT though, he'd be super fucked if she tracked him to a FS joint.

heatseeker
16-11-2013, 12:59 AM
Gosh, the tracking must be pretty good if it can locate him to a specific building !

You have to be really prepared dont you, with an alibi

I would be hoping there was a food store, grocery store or kebab store nearby, and have the excuse ready that we were just shopping in the area at the time after our get together

I would also say : "Gosh you have so little faith in me, thinking I was anywhere else but shopping as I said we were !"

wilisno
16-11-2013, 01:03 AM
Hahahahahahah, that's it, flip that shit!! I only went there because you don't trust me, love!!

In all seriousness, OP, your friend fucked up. Turn off all Location Services, and never use that Find My iPhone shit .... something like this was bound to catch up with him.

At least it was only RnT though, he'd be super fucked if she tracked him to a FS joint.

Yep ! Turn the phone off off should be enough, not just off to the standby mode. For iphone, press and hold the on/off button, that should cut off all tracking signals ! Otherwise detective Poontang will be out of a job ! :miao:

Punter Poontang
16-11-2013, 01:09 AM
Otherwise detective Poontang will be out of a job ! :miao:

I nearly went into the Private Investigations industry once, true story. Hooked up with a bird who dialled me on a wrong number .... she sounded nice so after the call I texted back and said to call me again if you're single and in your 20's. She was a PI and hence super-sceptical, but long after I'd successfully woo'd her we nearly went into business together.

Think that's where the Detective shit stems from, but promise I'm popping my chill pills and gonna try real hard to suppress it in future. :-P

heatseeker
16-11-2013, 01:27 AM
I am not sure turning off the phone is enough

Because even when your phone is off, I imagine can still get GPS spoken directions as you drive

Also with your phone off, you can still receive calls, with your phone ringing, which turns the phone on

In other words, you phone retains a lot of its transmission and receiving functions with power off

Although maybe Im getting over paranoid now

Sextus
16-11-2013, 02:06 AM
purely for P4P.

Humour my ignorance heatseeker and ....wait a minute...I just googled it. "Pay for Pleasure." It is not a very intuitive acronym to look at.. I thought it meant maybe Punter for punter, as in support network. In a year here it has never been used, I think you need a glossary!

wilisno
16-11-2013, 03:00 AM
I am not sure turning off the phone is enough

Because even when your phone is off, I imagine can still get GPS spoken directions as you drive

Also with your phone off, you can still receive calls, with your phone ringing, which turns the phone on

In other words, you phone retains a lot of its transmission and receiving functions with power off

Although maybe Im getting over paranoid now

So you don't know much about iphone then !

No ! You can't receive calls if you turn it right off, not the standby off !!! To do that, you need to press and hold the on/off button at the top for a few seconds, then it'll prompt you to slide to turn it right off !

And I'm sure for every other phone, there's a way to turn it right off, off, not Standby !

Even in Aeroplane Mode, there shouldn't be any signals going through, otherwise it'll defeat the purpose of preventing the interference with the plane's electronics.

ampletwo
16-11-2013, 07:36 AM
Maybe to be doubly sure, turn off the phone and take the battery out!

CunningLinguist
16-11-2013, 08:05 AM
I nearly went into the Private Investigations industry once, true story. Hooked up with a bird who dialled me on a wrong number .... she sounded nice so after the call I texted back and said to call me again if you're single and in your 20's. She was a PI and hence super-sceptical, but long after I'd successfully woo'd her we nearly went into business together.

Think that's where the Detective shit stems from, but promise I'm popping my chill pills and gonna try real hard to suppress it in future. :-P

PIs tend to spend alot of time on stakeouts, so heaps of time to burn, geat if you are with a sexy female PI, just a little hard to concentrate on the stakeout :)
I reckon being a bounty hunter would be more fun!

CunningLinguist
16-11-2013, 08:12 AM
Don't know about iphones but an android phone can turn off the share my location feature. You can selectively enable it so only the people you want can see your location.

For all phones the mobile company knows which cells you are near and can triangulate your position if they want to, but this info should not be available to any apps as it would be an invasion of privacy.

Also I have heard that some phones of a certain generation have a crude gps to locate you in case of emergency (this is in addition to the normal GPS), again this info is only available to the authorities.

Eureka
16-11-2013, 08:38 AM
Maybe to be doubly sure, turn off the phone and take the battery out!

As the Irish would say "to be sure to be sure" ..
- turn it off as Wilisno instructs ..
- take out the SIM card
- remove the battery
- enclose all components in silver baking wrap
- put it in a lead lined box
- bury it 1 metre underground
- pour 100mm reinforced concrete covering over !!

Maybe .. just maybe then you can go punt without fear !!!

wilisno
16-11-2013, 08:54 AM
.. just maybe then you can go punt without fear !!!
The poor guy was only having a massage ! ;) ;) ;)

Eureka
16-11-2013, 09:02 AM
The poor guy was only having a massage ! ;) ;) ;)

Of course he was ... just had a knot in his back .. kept his jocks on ..

Just like the other great truths in life ... yes ??
- the cheque is in the mail ..
- I will still love you in the morning ..
- promise ... I won't cum in your mouth ...

:cool2::slobber::miao:

kobe7
16-11-2013, 11:35 AM
Or someone is a snitch (meaning friends of friends).

Punter Poontang
16-11-2013, 12:28 PM
Humour my ignorance heatseeker and ....wait a minute...I just googled it. "Pay for Pleasure." It is not a very intuitive acronym to look at.. I thought it meant maybe Punter for punter, as in support network. In a year here it has never been used, I think you need a glossary!

I always thought it was "Pay for Play", regardless it's pretty commonly used on forums such as this.

tpol
16-11-2013, 01:37 PM
Leave your phone at work, get another phone and sim. Forward the phone to new sim

jellyshots
16-11-2013, 02:41 PM
Ok, here's a trick I've learnt. Buy a second battery, use your phone until it is completely empty. Keep that aside. Pop the new battery in and use that normally. When you want to punt, text your Mrs. Tell them you've been talking to people all day or playing games or whatever and your battery is low. Turn your phone off when you punt. When you come back, call them from another phone and say that you were in a meeting and didn't notice your phone running out of battery. Put the empty battery in and go home so when they check the charge, it's empty.

Flight mode is still traceable. I'm single but I learnt this trick, I learnt off an ML who didn't want her bf knowing she was out with me at a restaurant...

aussie_jack
16-11-2013, 03:22 PM
So you don't know much about iphone then !

No ! You can't receive calls if you turn it right off, not the standby off !!! To do that, you need to press and hold the on/off button at the top for a few seconds, then it'll prompt you to slide to turn it right off !

And I'm sure for every other phone, there's a way to turn it right off, off, not Standby !

Even in Aeroplane Mode, there shouldn't be any signals going through, otherwise it'll defeat the purpose of preventing the interference with the plane's electronics.

Actually sorry dude, you're mistaken about iphones/smartphones. Even when off, they still accept and send data, hell even when your battery is 'flat' there is usually enough reserve power for this. Airplane mode is safer, Airplane mode + turning the phone off is safest. In reality, you're fine if you don't use your phone. Unless of course you are in a relationship and your SO has access to your google/apple account and is tech savy/paranoid/suspicious of you. With phone security apps like cerberus out these days, your SO could turn on your phone's net via sms, she could take screen shots of whatever you're looking at on your phone from her computer, hell I'm pretty sure she could make your phone start recording through it's camera/microphone. This is only if she installed this app onto your phone OR you installed something like it and she had access to your google/iphone/email account.

On a related topic, if you want the best possible phone security, in case your phone or tablet is ever stolen. Download the Cerberus app and pay the $4.99 for the full version. The thing is a work of art. It saves to ROM so if the dickhead who steals your phone wipes it, Cerberus keeps running in the background.

Anyway yeah the best way around this problem is not turning off your phone, that's as suspicious as wiping your internet history, maybe even more. The best way is to check for apps that show where your phone is. Do this both on your phone AND on your home computer, if you are being tracked, it's a huge invasion of privacy and it'll be much easier to deal with if you catch her out before she catches you.

Anyway anyone has any questions about this stuff please pm me. I don't know how clear I was in this post but I'd like to consider myself pretty up to date with this sort of technology and I'm happy to help if anyone needs anything.

wilisno
16-11-2013, 03:54 PM
Actually sorry dude, you're mistaken about iphones/smartphones. Even when off, they still accept and send data, hell even when your battery is 'flat' there is usually enough reserve power for this. Airplane mode is safer, Airplane mode + turning the phone off is safest. In reality, you're fine if you don't use your phone. Unless of course you are in a relationship and your SO has access to your google/apple account and is tech savy/paranoid/suspicious of you. With phone security apps like cerberus out these days, your SO could turn on your phone's net via sms, she could take screen shots of whatever you're looking at on your phone from her computer, hell I'm pretty sure she could make your phone start recording through it's camera/microphone. This is only if she installed this app onto your phone OR you installed something like it and she had access to your google/iphone/email account.

On a related topic, if you want the best possible phone security, in case your phone or tablet is ever stolen. Download the Cerberus app and pay the $4.99 for the full version. The thing is a work of art. It saves to ROM so if the dickhead who steals your phone wipes it, Cerberus keeps running in the background.

Anyway yeah the best way around this problem is not turning off your phone, that's as suspicious as wiping your internet history, maybe even more. The best way is to check for apps that show where your phone is. Do this both on your phone AND on your home computer, if you are being tracked, it's a huge invasion of privacy and it'll be much easier to deal with if you catch her out before she catches you.

Anyway anyone has any questions about this stuff please pm me. I don't know how clear I was in this post but I'd like to consider myself pretty up to date with this sort of technology and I'm happy to help if anyone needs anything.
Umm ... thanks for the info, so airplane mode is still workable !

heatseeker
16-11-2013, 04:01 PM
Punter Poontang is on my wavelength
Heatseeker avoids the use of the word,'punt', in his activities on this forum
He uses scientific and research analysis to minimise odds of the dud punt, and owes much to his brothers here.

Dud punts are his kryptonite

Heatseeker uses the term,'P2P', Pay for Play, instead of the far less desirable term, punting

However a 'punt' is still an accurate term to use : )

Eureka
16-11-2013, 04:01 PM

Big Brother is here .... Yikes !!

heatseeker
16-11-2013, 04:06 PM
Big brother has been here for years
If you use gmail, Google can read all your emails at any time, and if asked by the US government can do a keyword search of all your emails

Eureka
16-11-2013, 04:27 PM
Big brother has been here for years
Google can read all your emails at any time, and if asked by the US government can do a keyword search of all your emails

Mmmm ... What's an email ???
I'm probably ok then :)

LeiLoDao
16-11-2013, 04:43 PM
he just wanted a massage just to get away from stress because his been working non stop for last few weeks... now his f****** she even blocked him from everything and also blocked me and my other mates that were with him

CunningLinguist
16-11-2013, 04:46 PM
Ok, here's a trick I've learnt. Buy a second battery, use your phone until it is completely empty. Keep that aside. Pop the new battery in and use that normally. When you want to punt, text your Mrs. Tell them you've been talking to people all day or playing games or whatever and your battery is low. Turn your phone off when you punt. When you come back, call them from another phone and say that you were in a meeting and didn't notice your phone running out of battery. Put the empty battery in and go home so when they check the charge, it's empty.

Flight mode is still traceable. I'm single but I learnt this trick, I learnt off an ML who didn't want her bf knowing she was out with me at a restaurant...

I wonder why the BF didn't trust her :)

wilisno
16-11-2013, 05:29 PM
he just wanted a massage just to get away from stress because his been working non stop for last few weeks... now his f****** she even blocked him from everything and also blocked me and my other mates that were with him
I feel for him, tell him to cheer up, come to the forum for some relaxation ! :miao:

heatseeker
16-11-2013, 08:20 PM
I got a better idea, and its what actually I do...

1)Choose a time for relaxation when you dont absolutely have to answer the phone
2)Park a bit of a walk away from your favourite venue, ideally near a cafe where you can say where you were, if you are under intense interrogation by your significant other
3)Leave your phone in your car, and turn it off, so when your significant other rings, she can't say you were ignoring her
4)Indulge in your favourite massage or relaxation break

Who needs their phone with them during that precious time with precious company. You gonna be answering a phone when that lovely lady is massaging your cares away ? What, and spoil the mood ?

4)Afterwards, if your significant other asks "Hey your phone was off, I couldnt get through"
You say: "Hey, batteries go dead you know, and my phone was up again within the hour.

or: "Oh, just was meeting up with work colleagues at their local cafe"

And you think to yourself: "Not as if Im taking a lady out to dinner and taking to a hotel room for the night. Whats the problem lady ? ; ) "

Its all common sense, guys