PDA

View Full Version : General talk Ripped off in Shanghai - Lessons for the Unprepared

B-man
25-11-2013, 06:44 PM
Though this is not Sydney I thought I would post it here for those would-be travellers to China. We were talking about the other thread on the local guy talking about his friend. This one is very common in China (Shanghai and Beijing) but also the similar scam to Tea House/Bar invite and being charged thousands of RMB for it.

This is an exact cut and the guy is obviously not a native speaker but you get the idea!

Ripped of in Shanghai!!

They say the common sense is the less common of the senses, that applies in my case. Last week I went for work to Shanghai.
After a long day meeting I was walking by Nanjing Road, going from Peoples Square to the Bund, many people approached me offering massage all included for 100 rmb
I was thinking was at crappy places and old ladies, with those prices nothing good it could be.
I kept saying no to all the people that approached me
Just close to arrive to The Bund, by the apple store this guy offered the same as the others, then he said some magical words, for 200 rmb you can have college girls
Then I said I didnt have enough time, maybe other day, he said, no problem, just come and take a look, you comeback tomorrow or any other day.
I asked if it was far, and no, it was just behind the apple store, is a small street and you can see the neon signs "foot massage"
I said to myself, only to take a look, so many people around here, what can go wrong?
I agreed, they took me to a ktv room and made a line up with 5 girls.
One of them stood up from the rest.
Very tall, skinny, pretty, long hair, to her waist, and young, maybe in the 19 to 21 age range.
They left, I had to pay the 200 rmb in advance.
Then she started undressing, really good choice I made, very slim, the kind of chinese girl I like
I played with her tits and pussy.
She said lets do sex and took out a condom
I said no, just give me a hand job while I play with your tits and pussy
And suddenly all went weird
The girl got really mad because she wanted sex, I said no, I just want a hand job
She said the hand job was with clothes on, I said no, give me the hand job with you keep you clothes off
I wanted to talk to her manager, she called her but went out of the room.
I was feeling to put my clothes back on and leave.
Then she came back with the oil and said the hand job ok, but I have to paid extra 100 rmb to her to remove clothes, I said ok
She made me come, she cleanead me very careful, dressed herself and left.
I dressed myself and this 3 guys came in the room, then I knew what was going to happen
I have read a previous report her of another guy in shanghai that went trough a similar experience.
They asked me for my wallet, I said no, that I just wanted to leave, then the leader ask of guy to come to me
He hitted me in my stomach and with his knee in my balls.
I turned over the wallet, they took the money out, around 2000 rmb
And took my debit cards, in the chinese account didnt have anything, in my countries saving account have some
They asked me for the password, I gave to them and then they took 5000 rmb
Whenever I want to use that card in chine the most I can get is 3000 rmb and it paid 5000 to this guys, that is my luck.
I just wanted to leave and end this bad experience.
They gave me back my wallet and 200 rmb for the taxi.
I left on a hurry
Back at the hotel I did a search on google for "beware nanjing road" and my similar experiences to mine appeared
I guess all the people that offered me "100 rmb massage all included" are in the look for victims. And that is all Nanjing Road.
I hope this story helps at least one person of not making the same mistaked. After feeling very secure in Shenzhen, this was a reality wake up, i am not in my country, this kind a shit happens, and will be very difficult to explain to the police that I was looking for a prostitute.

If you want to read the thread, here it is.

http://forum.sex141.com/eforum/viewthread.php?tid=48114&extra=page%3D1

Oneonone
25-11-2013, 07:20 PM
I guess there is a lesson here thanks for the warning bro!

Punter Poontang
25-11-2013, 11:03 PM
Hard to have sympathy tbh, these types of scams are well known and if you go with some shifty pimp off the street this is what can happen. At least he got serviced first, I guess. :-P

Just stick to the reputable sauna / massage places, or go to the known bars (Manhattan) and pull a girl there. Easy, no stress.

rage_face
25-11-2013, 11:11 PM
Really starting to get put off punting now...

Punter Poontang
25-11-2013, 11:37 PM
Really starting to get put off punting now...

Really?? In this day & age it's criminal not to do some basic research on the interwebz before you go somewhere to avoid this kind of trap.

You're already here and have a head start. But just keep that mate of yours on a tight leash before he's funding an 8 bedroom house in Isaan. ;-)

dodgybastard
26-11-2013, 12:18 AM
my advice, having been almost caught out in a similar way before: always, always do your research.

Its important in your own city, but doubly important when you are travelling overseas, especially when you don't know the local customs and the possible risks involved with punting.

rgoh
29-11-2013, 11:09 PM
Australia maybe the safest place

harmony
12-12-2013, 12:14 AM
Still learning about the special 'hotels' in China
Sounds scary about the police crackdowns. Are they over ?

AHLUNGOR
12-12-2013, 08:34 AM
Still learning about the special 'hotels' in China
Sounds scary about the police crackdowns. Are they over ?

The crack down is usually just a routine action plan that the locals are fully awared of.

New Year, 1 May Labour Day, 1 Oct National Day. Before and around any periods of political significant : Olympic , World Expo, national congress, G7, G20, APAC, visit of foreign head of states !

You got the drill ??

Cheers