PDA

View Full Version : General talk Punters Survey - Would you take part?

grant
17-01-2014, 03:43 PM
Hi all.

I've had this idea for a little while just because I'm slightly more interested in the sex industry than someone who is just involved in the receiving side. Essentially, I am really curious as to what our population is like in terms of the basics like age/education/income but also your punting habits and attitudes regarding the sex industry.

Disclaimer: I'm a punter and am doing this for no reason other than to satisfy my own curiosity. Obviously, I would be lying if I said I wasn't looking to harvest your personal information but I do intend to do my best to keep that information anonymous. Someone viewing the results of the survey should not be able to trace the information back to you.

Here are a few rough details I have come up with so far:

Survey currently intended only for Sydney
Implement using surveymonkey (SSL, no IP visible in results)
Survey will be made available via a link to the surveymonkey website. You will not be required to provide ID (e.g. email etc). There will be no way for me to contact people who complete the survey.
Basic questions so far include age, education, nationality, employment, income, location, religion, relationship status
Punting-specific questions include: regularity, budget, location, expected services, preferred characteristics in a WL (potentially troublesome), spousal knowledge/approval
Publicise the survey onto these forums and others that focus on Sydney (I know of Punterplanet and auxxxreviews though I haven't looked into they have special requirements for forum access). Suggestions for more places to publicise are appreciated
I'll be happy to provide the raw data collected to everyone at the end of it all

Regarding the questions, I plan to flesh out the basic ones with some inspiration from the ABS's census (though this won't take nearly as long to fill out) and they'll be fairly vanilla. The questions related to your punting are where the meat and potatoes are though. Re: expected services and characteristics of WL's, I can look to AR's to take in the things people comment on (this is where the reviews that follow the format of listing basic information about a punt right at the top come in handy). Also I'm thinking of making separate sections for FS and massage with handjob since punters make the distinction between the two. You would be able to fill in either or both.

Anyway, this is something I would really like to do and I can devote the time and effort into it at this point in time. I just need a green light in the form of support from you guys. I'm sure a lot of you have seen threads pop up polling everyone regarding their age/nationality etc so I'm sure I'm not the only one curious about this. If a survey was made, would you be happy to take part?

Please feel free to provide suggestions for the survey regarding questions, format and data collection. Also feel free to let me know if you have any questions.

Milf_Man
17-01-2014, 04:00 PM
Sounds all well and good but...what's in it for me???

fggd
17-01-2014, 05:38 PM
Interesting survey, would like to be involved, will I get to know survey result too?

hankypanky1124
17-01-2014, 05:43 PM
Looks like there might be a new crackdown soon

grant
17-01-2014, 05:54 PM
Interesting survey, would like to be involved, will I get to know survey result too?

Sure, I should have made that clear. I plan to crunch the numbers, make some pretty graphs and provide the raw data to everyone as well.

Looks like there might be a new crackdown soon

The survey can be completed by clicking on a link and answering the questions; no emails or any form of ID are explicitly required for a surveymonkey survey. The site will log your IP to help with duplicate responses, but that data will stay with the company and will not reach me. I can only give you my word that I don't have malicious intentions, so you should make up your own mind.

harmony
17-01-2014, 06:43 PM
Go for it

But count me out. Sorry.

CunningLinguist
17-01-2014, 06:50 PM
If people use a proxy IP logging won't help against duplicates.
To save us all the trouble I can safely say that the statisitics are as follows:
- Straight males that are able to punt, sooner or later : 100%
- Others: maybe
:)

grant
17-01-2014, 08:03 PM
Go for it

But I'm only going to submit to your survey from an anonymous email account, set up purely for punting

And I will only submit info to your anonymous email address

Of most importance to me are the following three questions:

1)Frequency of unprotected BBBJ or unprotected sex with a sex worker per month

2)Frequency of unprotected BBBJ or unprotected sex with a nonsex worker per month, either girlfriend, partner or short-term relationship

3)Frequency of sexual health testing of your penis per month, as a comparison

Thanks for the questions. I've edited the post to make it clearer, but no form of ID will be asked of you. Once it's set up, all you need is a link to the surveymonkey website and you start filling out questions; you will not be asked for an email address. The information you provide will be to surveymonkey and I can export it data there.

If people use a proxy IP logging won't help against duplicates.
To save us all the trouble I can safely say that the statisitics are as follows:
- Straight males that are able to punt, sooner or later : 100%
- Others: maybe
:)

If someone really wanted to skew the results by submitting multiple times, there are many simple ways of doing it (if you have dynamic IP set up, you can just restart your modem). I don't see a reason why anyone would though, so it's mainly there for accidental resubmits I guess.

rushmore
17-01-2014, 08:42 PM
why the fuck do you want to know this???

Hi all.

I've had this idea for a little while just because I'm slightly more interested in the sex industry than someone who is just involved in the receiving side. Essentially, I am really curious as to what our population is like in terms of the basics like age/education/income but also your punting habits and attitudes regarding the sex industry.

Disclaimer: I'm a punter and am doing this for no reason other than to satisfy my own curiosity. Obviously, I would be lying if I said I wasn't looking to harvest your personal information but I do intend to do my best to keep that information anonymous. Someone viewing the results of the survey should not be able to trace the information back to you.

Here are a few rough details I have come up with so far:

Survey currently intended only for Sydney
Implement using surveymonkey (SSL, no IP visible in results)
Survey will be made available via a link to the surveymonkey website. You will not be required to provide ID (e.g. email etc). There will be no way for me to contact people who complete the survey.
Basic questions so far include age, education, nationality, employment, income, location, religion, relationship status
Punting-specific questions include: regularity, budget, location, expected services, preferred characteristics in a WL (potentially troublesome), spousal knowledge/approval
Publicise the survey onto these forums and others that focus on Sydney (I know of Punterplanet and auxxxreviews though I haven't looked into they have special requirements for forum access). Suggestions for more places to publicise are appreciated
I'll be happy to provide the raw data collected to everyone at the end of it all

Regarding the questions, I plan to flesh out the basic ones with some inspiration from the ABS's census (though this won't take nearly as long to fill out) and they'll be fairly vanilla. The questions related to your punting are where the meat and potatoes are though. Re: expected services and characteristics of WL's, I can look to AR's to take in the things people comment on (this is where the reviews that follow the format of listing basic information about a punt right at the top come in handy). Also I'm thinking of making separate sections for FS and massage with handjob since punters make the distinction between the two. You would be able to fill in either or both.

Anyway, this is something I would really like to do and I can devote the time and effort into it at this point in time. I just need a green light in the form of support from you guys. I'm sure a lot of you have seen threads pop up polling everyone regarding their age/nationality etc so I'm sure I'm not the only one curious about this. If a survey was made, would you be happy to take part?

Please feel free to provide suggestions for the survey regarding questions, format and data collection. Also feel free to let me know if you have any questions.

Max Impact
17-01-2014, 09:41 PM
This thread is a survey!

harmony
17-01-2014, 10:21 PM
"Punting-specific questions include: regularity, budget, location, expected services, preferred characteristics in a WL (potentially troublesome), spousal knowledge/approval"

LOCATIONS? NO WAY.

Im not sure its a good idea for us to be disclosing specific locations or businesses, in the context of what services are provided

Its best any survey doesnt distinguish between massage parlour or full service parlours, and reveal their names, addresses, or locations

Discussing services provided in general is fine, but dont discuss if it is massage or full service. Thats just too much information

Unless we know your true motives, how can we be sure you arent a newspaper journalist ?

Seriously though, brother grant, I respect your contributions to the forum, and hope you do get some useful information from your work !

harmony
17-01-2014, 10:27 PM
No offence, but such a database from AUS99 would prove very helpful if you were a council officer, journalist, or employed by the policeforce

What if one of these groups were to ask you to hand over the information ?

CunningLinguist
18-01-2014, 12:38 PM
Me thinks taking part is too risky!

markrmau2
18-01-2014, 02:10 PM
database from AUS99 would prove very helpful if you were a council officer, journalist, or employed by the policeforce

What if one of these groups were to ask you to hand over the information ?

Why would it be helpful? No one here is doing anything contrary to council regulations, newsworthy or illegal.

If anything, you have more to fear posting to AUS99 rather than partaking in a one off survey on survey monkey.

There are ways to fully protect yourself (an internet equivalent of an ultra tough / super-sized condom I guess), but I doubt anyone here rolls that one on before posting!

grant
20-01-2014, 02:35 PM
Locations would be general locations (e.g. you might say that you live in north-west sydney and punt mainly in the city) rather than addresses.

Also as I mentioned, i plan to just release the information here so that anyone including regulators and law enforcement will have access to it. I wouldn't request any information that will enable anyone to find out who you are (and any information that you don't want to provide, you can simply choose not to provide). Maybe getting up a draft will get my point across a little better.