PDA

View Full Version : General talk How to find travel companion in Seoul?

Action Pump
21-01-2014, 08:36 PM
I've booked ticket to Seoul during April and i booked it alone on a whim. This is first time i'm travelling alone and i'm already feeling lonely lol.

Now i know some of you guys are very successful at finding companions on the internet. So i'm asking for your advice.

I'm hoping to find someone locally in Seoul who can show me around. I'm happy to pay for all the expenses. I'm not looking for sex, someone who can just be friends/tour guide. I still do prefer a female though.

I've sign up with TravBuddy. Just waiting if anyone is interested now.

wilisno
21-01-2014, 08:38 PM
I've booked ticket to Seoul during April and i booked it alone on a whim. This is first time i'm travelling alone and i'm already feeling lonely lol.

Now i know some of you guys are very successful at finding companions on the internet. So i'm asking for your advice.

I'm hoping to find someone locally in Seoul who can show me around. I'm happy to pay for all the expenses. I'm not looking for sex, someone who can just be friends/tour guide. I still do prefer a female though.

I've sign up with TravBuddy. Just waiting if anyone is interested now.
You speak Korean ?

Action Pump
21-01-2014, 09:00 PM
Unfortunately no =(

I'm hoping someone locally can speak some english...even if little bit

wilisno
21-01-2014, 09:12 PM
Unfortunately no =(

I'm hoping someone locally can speak some english...even if little bit
It's a bit hard if you don't speak the language ! But you can try your luck on Kakao Talk, it works like Wechat.

harmsup_jai
21-01-2014, 10:01 PM
If you go to the following link

http://www.ongofood.com/

You can book food tours with a English speak your guide.

Alternatively you can go on you tube and look for seoulistic channel and get tips about Korea there.

I'm heading to Korea in late April / early May

aussiegaigin
21-01-2014, 10:30 PM
Maybe put an ad in contact sites like Craiglist.kr or Date in Asia.

I've had good responses and a lot of fun in japan from similar sites.

Just tell them when you''ll be there, and what you have in mind.

markrmau2
22-01-2014, 12:14 AM
Just go from shop to shop booking korean WL's and tell them your plight?

AHLUNGOR
22-01-2014, 10:01 AM
I have one friend whose half Korean and half Chinese and she would be a perfect guide for me to Korea!!

But then again, if she is with me, I would be punting at all won't I ??

Haha

Cheers

rooter
22-01-2014, 01:11 PM
Check out seoulgreeter.com.
You register online state your age and what your interests are and they match you up with a volunteer who will take you around the city.
It's a totally free and legit scheme.
A friend of mine used a similar service tokyofreeguide.com and found it very good.

It's not a sex service and the volunteers are usually very straight and conservative people but you never know - you might get lucky and score a horny Korean housewife ;)

wilisno
22-01-2014, 01:58 PM
Check out seoulgreeter.com.
You register online state your age and what your interests are and they match you up with a volunteer who will take you around the city.
It's a totally free and legit scheme.
A friend of mine used a similar service tokyofreeguide.com and found it very good.

It's not a sex service and the volunteers are usually very straight and conservative people but you never know - you might get lucky and score a horny Korean housewife ;)
Great information bro '

Oneonone
22-01-2014, 02:34 PM
The information and knowledge on this forum is amazing well done bros!

Action Pump
22-01-2014, 05:30 PM
Thanks for the tips guys!

Seoul Greeter is something i'm looking for. I just hope they don't pair me up to an old guy haha =p

I also thought of trying couch surfing and airbnb. I can save a few pennies on accommodation too.