PDA

View Full Version : General talk Best advice for quitting

Hornyonetwo
23-01-2014, 01:55 AM
Cigarettes that is.
What is the best method people have used too quit the smokes.
I am thinking of using the nicabate spray while also using the nicabate mini lozenges.
I know will power is going to be 75-90 % of acheiving this goal.
Any advice welcomed

wilisno
23-01-2014, 02:02 AM
Cigarettes that is.
What is the best method people have used too quit the smokes.
I am thinking of using the nicabate spray while also using the nicabate mini lozenges.
I know will power is going to be 75-90 % of acheiving this goal.
Any advice welcomed

I find the addiction is more psychological or habitual than biological or physical. It's the habits that are hard to quit, like lighting one up after meal, when going to the loo, when drinking with friends, etc etc.

The best advice is to hang out with non-smokers more often, it made me feel like a nuisance and that strengthened my will-power to successfully quit !

Busyboy
23-01-2014, 07:23 AM
I read Alan carr's easy way to stop smoking and it's been just under 2 years since I've stopped smoking. Give it a try you got nothing to lose except $20 for a book

AHLUNGOR
23-01-2014, 08:13 AM
Replace smoking with another addiction: like punting !!

How much is a pack of cigarette these days??

Put the money aside and when you save enough money, reward yourself with a massage session, with more money saved, you can upgrade your session from 30 min massage only to massage with HJ, then nude HJ then perhaps move to cheap Thai B2b shop then Korean B2b, then cheap FS to mid to up market FS then outcall agencies, sky is the limit.

You must be spending thousands over a year in smoking, think about the fun you can have with all those mls and wls.

But always play it safe though, you don't want to replace the risk of lung cancer by STD or HIV !!

Take it easy and good luck

Cheers

Ps. And you should only see a ML or WL who does not smoke, you will be truly stuffed if your WL light you up one after sex !!!

Oneonone
23-01-2014, 08:59 AM
A friend of mine quit by using Hipnosis she was a wl and a very heavy smoker it worked for her but for a week or two after she started she was a pain to be with.

What ever method you choose you have to be determined and strong willed from what I have noticed.

My son quit but he just did it cold turkey.

Raybo
23-01-2014, 09:49 AM
Both myself and friends have been trying the e-cigarettes with various flavoured liquids that have various levels of nicotine in them. I was doing okay until I started trying different flavours like apple etc. Others have kicked it completely, but continue to use the e-cigarette. You can get a starter kit for $60-$70 and usually enough to get you going for a month or so. Definitely satisfies any craving u have.

Oneonone
23-01-2014, 12:12 PM
I wonder if there is a similar system for quitting punting? After all they are both addictive!

rushmore
23-01-2014, 01:24 PM
you light up a smoke while sitting on the shitter??

I find the addiction is more psychological or habitual than biological or physical. It's the habits that are hard to quit, like lighting one up after meal, when going to the loo, when drinking with friends, etc etc.

The best advice is to hang out with non-smokers more often, it made me feel like a nuisance and that strengthened my will-power to successfully quit !

Hornyonetwo
23-01-2014, 01:27 PM
Thanks for the encouragement and advice the long journey starts today.
Going the nicabate minis too start with

kamo
23-01-2014, 11:32 PM
You need to replace the routine of the habit as well.

If you always take a smoking break in the morning, or light one up on your way to work, or whatever, you'll need to substitute that with another habit to make the transition easier. That'll help a little with the cravings.

Don't know if I'd recommend the patches. Mate of mine became addicted to them, and never weaned himself off them. Only a little less expensive to do that than it was to smoke in the first place :miao:

astro boy
23-01-2014, 11:38 PM
I don't smoke, so i need advice to slow down and finally quit punting.
Maybe I should take up smoking ..at least cigarettes are cheaper !

checksix
24-01-2014, 07:05 AM
the only ppl i know who quitted successfully did it cold turkey...
ive been on patches. it kinda cuts your crave by like 20-25%.

as for punting... def harder than cigs.

maybe soon enuf weed will be legalize here, we can shift focus to blazing