PDA

View Full Version : Complaint Where is the justice?

20cm
02-02-2014, 10:28 AM
http://www.couriermail.com.au/lifestyle/parenting/mum-of-joshua-taylor-who-killed-himself-after-being-bullied-asks-wheres-the-justice-for-my-beautiful-boy/story-fnjgw0zl-1226815590580

How bad does this problem have to be before the government takes action?!?

SCHOOL returned this week but for some children it will be a frightening experience. An astonishing 160,000 kids miss school daily in Australia because of the impacts of bullying.

Suicide is the leading cause of death for young Australians with over 300 people between the ages of 14-24 years taking their own lives in 2012.

Many of the dead were victims of bullying before they took their fateful decision.

Joshua Taylor will be among the statistics for 2013. His mother Cherie Taylor shares her story in the hope it may prevent another tragedy.

For the full story click the link above.

CunningLinguist
02-02-2014, 11:38 AM
I thought these days that schools were much more switched on about bullying, maybe it depends on the headmaster ...

looser
02-02-2014, 11:38 AM
That is truly a heartbreaking story. It is so sad for the family of the boy. Such a loss!
One wonders if there is any follow-up on the bullies who drove a young boy to do this.
Those bullies will follow a similar pattern of behavior in their later life and end up bullying others - they need to be identified and then attend sessions where their pattern of behavior can be changed.

vvillie
02-02-2014, 12:14 PM
I don't know what schools you guys went to, but I went to a public school in western Sydney in a very low socio-economic area. Being a first generation Australian of south-east Asian decent, I can tell you it was a nightmare... and this was over 15 years ago!

My hope was that all the bullying and racism I went through growing up would be sorted out (wishful thinking i suppose) so my children would never have to go through it. Reading articles like this is rather depressing, and I believe people need to be held accountable.

ivies555
03-02-2014, 11:32 AM
i believe parents play a very important role
they must try an understand what happens in the day to day schedule of their kids life
must have open conversation with their kids
their kids should trust their parents that they are there to protect them