PDA

View Full Version : General talk How do you read Syd99.... Without people knowing?

vromiaris
02-02-2014, 02:36 PM
Hi all I have an android phone, and although I have mastered the art of private browsing and clearing all surfing history... I think... There must be a better way, For people w wives, nosey gf's , cheeky children etc to be on line without people knowing. There must be!

So what is your way of staying on the line.... (As per the Internship movie)?

harmony
02-02-2014, 02:44 PM
Most Android internet browsers have a history tab, which outlines all the SYD99 and other websites you have visited

As a result, I use a totally free app called "App Lock" (search for it on Google Play) that can lock any or all applications on your phone
This way people can still use your phone to play games or whatever, but they need a password to use the software or applications that you want protected

Im sure IPhones have similar ways to lock individual applications

I use the app to password protect the internet browser, the phone call log list, and the SMS section

But having said that, I would never trust someone using my phone
I have had an ex GF find out secrets within 5 minutes of playing with your phone
Often a girlfriend, significant other will go to your phone with that very purpose of finding out who else you are smsing, and who you are calling
Only the most computer literate women will also look at your internet history

Women are very fast at finding out EVERYTHING you get up to, they are mobile phone experts
Children - even faster

vvillie
02-02-2014, 02:48 PM
On my phone and ipad I use the forum runner app so nothing pops up in my browser history. I have to be diligent to make sure its closed after use, and hide it in the back of a folder filled with useless apps so hopefully the SO doesn't think twice about it if she does see it. :smile:

The app isn't the best, but does its job most of the time, and is cheap so i can't complain...

John_Matrix
02-02-2014, 06:22 PM
For your browser just open the tab incognito.
IE (internet explorer) and Google Chrome have this option.

wilisno
02-02-2014, 06:33 PM
Make a public announcement that you're not reading Syd99 ! ;) ;) ;)

dohdoe
02-02-2014, 06:34 PM
Always run the browser in private mode. This is so that I don't have history or saved passwords. Use another email so that they can't attempt a password retrieval.
Never use the desktop as the screen is too large.

rooter
02-02-2014, 07:02 PM
be loud! be proud!

John Motson
02-02-2014, 08:21 PM
Do what some of my friends do. Create a blank wallpaper with the text "If I don't get what I want tonight, I am going here" and have an arrow point to a spot. Then below the arrow, you just place the bookmark to Syd99. You can browse without getting into trouble. No sneaking required.

vromiaris
02-02-2014, 08:31 PM
Do what some of my friends do. Create a blank wallpaper with the text "If I don't get what I want tonight, I am going here" and have an arrow point to a spot. Then below the arrow, you just place the bookmark to Syd99. You can browse without getting into trouble. No sneaking required.

Thanks lads. It is a serious question tho. I do apply all the private incognito delete all... Etc.

Was wondering if anyone gets the RSS feeds, or subscriptions. I don't want the fg picking up the phone saying " babe someone just posted on your CIM and anal " post....

EatmyhairyassholeBitch
02-02-2014, 09:12 PM
What about having a separate phone on a cheap 20 dollars prepaid plan and leave at work?

vvillie
02-02-2014, 09:45 PM
I use the app too, just a heads-up, be careful about the recent searches in Maps.

For some reason, addresses listed on the forum (via roster threads) end up on the "recent" list there by default on my iPhone. That's without having clicked on it for directions, just having viewed it means it pops up there, so I regularly have to clear my history under Maps (instead of through the browser).

Heh, I just checked my maps and it appears you are correct. Fortunately, I primarily use Google maps so this has never been an issue. Hopefully nobody checks my apple maps history :)

20cm
02-02-2014, 11:38 PM
What about having a separate phone on a cheap 20 dollars prepaid plan and leave at work?

Not a bad idea.
Don't think it will work for the many amateur punters out there.

baby_boo
02-02-2014, 11:57 PM
hmm, I am using Avast Internet Security and it comes with SafeZone, pretty much a secret environment where u can do everything. I'm sure no one will bother open up and check my antivirus software. I save everything I need in there. It's also easy to get in and out of there.

On phone, I just use a 2nd browser, hide it and put my main browser on the dock

ivies555
03-02-2014, 11:00 AM
Reset safari after every use

DarkZero01
03-02-2014, 09:34 PM

thats what i am doing except i don't pay anything for the workphone. :)
i do encourage people do it this way if they don't want their partners/ parents find out about your punting scheme.