PDA

View Full Version : General talk Sad true story

harmony
07-02-2014, 01:07 PM
Peace everyone

True story

I just was told by a close friend that he got some sad news today

He has been seeing a lady from the Phillipines, who is staying in Australia on a student visa. Shes is in her late 20s, and he is early 30s
She is a nonworking girl from a good family, and he told me today they met on a legit Australian dating site a few years ago now
I was originally told they met through friends

He had started to lose interest in her, and admits he should have cut her loose when he lost his interest
But you know how relationships can linger, even when its not fulfilling both people

They have been boyfriend/girlfriend for about 2-3 years
I think she is studying hospitality or something in Sydney, but not a course she was interested in, just meeting the Student Visa regulations

He was wanting to wind up the relationship, but not sure how to do it
He was being more a best friend rather than boyfriend in the last few months, just doing week to week things like shopping and going to restaurants
No more lovemaking, to make the break easier

He met her family on Skype every few months, and they are good hardworking people, and a solid family
He feels responsible to some extent for her while she is in Australia
Her mother also asked him 'to take good care of her daughter'
She seems a great girl, and he wants the best for her

Seems that her family was waiting for him to propose and marry her !
Obviously she would go from student visa to Australian resident

The two dont live together, she lives with a few Phillipino girlfriends in the west

---
The point is my friend was sms today by his girlfriend, to say 'we need to talk'
He assumed the worst, and the worst is true

She is pregnant to another guy
Another Australian guy, not known to my friend
No idea yet the total details, how long they knew each other
I suspect they have been having this affair for several months
She is going to meet with my mate today to tell the truth, and to sort this out
He is not angry, just sad
---
My mate just let me know at lunchtime
The other man who got her pregnant is a gardener, humble job
My mate has never met this guy
I wonder what the gardener will say, when he is told of the pregnancy

As I say, my friend feels to some extent responsible for her care in Australia
She always had said to my friend that her dream was to marry him, and settle in this lovely country
I dont know if his girlfriend partly just wanted to end the waiting and get pregnant with someone, anyone, to stay in this country
Apparently she is a very good lady, but you know what happens with attractive women when you dont keep an eye on them
I think she just lost patience with her situation, wanting to live in Australia, and she made a mistake of infidelity a lot of us have also made

I have told my friend it was good he didnt lose his cool
At the moment this lady needs is a good friend to help her out, she is not in her home country and is at some risk of something bad happening
But also I did him he cant marry this lady

Guys.
My friend is not angry with her, more understanding, even though strictly speaking they are bf-gf
Does this lady get a permanent visa if she gets pregnant to an Aussie guy ?
Whats the ladys legal standing in all this ?
What should they do ?

They are meeting up tonight in person, and the full truth will probably come out

grant
07-02-2014, 02:23 PM
Being pregnant on a student visa will not afford you permanent residency. She should contact DFAT to find out the details of her situation.

Oneonone
07-02-2014, 02:31 PM
Seems to me its not your friends problem the girl has move on to greener pastures, he can still be friends with her if he wants but its up to her new boyfriend to sort the problem out after all he is the one who got her pregnant.

vvillie
07-02-2014, 02:40 PM
I was under the impression that if the child is born in Australia, it is a citizen. She however, will not be granted the same luxury. If every foreigner who got knocked up in Australia automatically became citizens, our social security system would be in shambles.

I have nothing to back this up, but would be very surprised if it wasn't the case...

I think it's more that she got knocked up to trick a guy into marriage. She probably didnt fuck your friend recently enough to claim it was his, so she was caught out. Who knows, maybe she will get lucky and the gardener will marry her?

IExperiment
07-02-2014, 03:09 PM
Peace everyone

True story

I just was told by a close friend that he got some sad news today

He has been seeing a lady from the Phillipines, who is staying in Australian on a student visa. Shes is in her late 20s, and he is early 30s
She is a nonworking girl from a good family, and he told me today they met on a legit Australian dating site a few years ago now
I was originally told they met through friends

He had started to lose interest in her, and admits he should have cut her loose when he lost his interest
But you know how relationships can linger, even when its not fulfilling both people

They have been boyfriend/girlfriend for about 2-3 years
I think she is studying hospitality or something in Sydney, but not a course she was interested in, just meeting the Student Visa regulations

He was wanting to wind up the relationship, but not sure how to do it
He was being more a best friend rather than boyfriend in the last few months, just doing week to week things like shopping and going to restaurants
No more lovemaking, to make the break easier

He met her family on Skype every few months, and they are good hardworking people, and a solid family
He feels responsible to some extent for her while she is in Australia
Her mother also asked him 'to take good care of her daughter'
She seems a great girl, and he wants the best for her

Seems that her family was waiting for him to propose and marry her !
Obviously she would go from student visa to Australian resident

The two dont live together, she lives with a few Phillipino girlfriends in the west

---
The point is my friend was sms today by his girlfriend, to say 'we need to talk'
He assumed the worst, and the worst is true

She is pregnant to another guy
Another Australian guy, not known to my friend
No idea yet the total details, how long they knew each other
I suspect they have been having this affair for several months
She is going to meet with my mate today to tell the truth, and to sort this out
He is not angry, just sad
---
My mate just let me know at lunchtime
The other man who got her pregnant is a gardener, humble job
My mate has never met this guy
I wonder what the gardener will say, when he is told of the pregnancy

As I say, my friend feels to some extent responsible for her care in Australia
She always had said to my friend that her dream was to marry him, and settle in this lovely country
I dont know if his girlfriend partly just wanted to end the waiting and get pregnant with someone, anyone, to stay in this country
Apparently she is a very good lady, but you know what happens with attractive women when you dont keep an eye on them
I think she just lost patience with her situation, wanting to live in Australia, and she made a mistake of infidelity a lot of us have also made

I have told my friend it was good he didnt lose his cool
At the moment this lady needs is a good friend to help her out, she is not in her home country and is at some risk of something bad happening
But also I did him he cant marry this lady

Guys.
My friend is not angry with her, more understanding, even though strictly speaking they are bf-gf
Does this lady get a permanent visa if she gets pregnant to an Aussie guy ?
Whats the ladys legal standing in all this ?
What should they do ?

They are meeting up tonight in person, and the full truth will probably come out

lol Jezz you friend got lucky as now he can move on and let the Garden care taker look after his ex :)
This is a good fortune as he did not get her pregnant himself how lucky can a guy get.

The best for him to do now is play it cool and tell her good luck and she have his support as far as moving on and thats it :)
Its like winning a lottery as he was thinking of moving on anyway cant get better than this, trust me if he got her pregnant is way way harder.

He can help her move on easily with out her parent giving her grief and make your friend look decent.

CunningLinguist
07-02-2014, 03:25 PM
I think IE has summed it up nicely!
They are already living seperate, she fucked someone behind his back, he wants to call it off, she is pregant, time to buy a lottery ticket!
Sure he should say he will help her out but he should definetly call it off and make it very clear they won't be getting married.
Looks like the gardener sowed his seed a bit too far ... :)

IExperiment
07-02-2014, 03:35 PM
I had a girl saying she was pregnant a decade ago and she balckmail me to stay with her and than both say they were pregnant wtf ...lol... so my mum told me to get both of them tested and they both BS ...lol... one was my GF though at the time when she found out,

So a few years back I got vasectomy and when they say they are pregnant I will ask who the dad is ...lol...

cocktus
07-02-2014, 08:08 PM
thanks for sharing. another great 'my mate' story. many to be learned here. sorry cannot offer anymore advice as IE has nailed.

Tk001
07-02-2014, 11:08 PM
He got a free get out of jail

Max Impact
08-02-2014, 12:29 AM
I had a girl saying she was pregnant a decade ago and she balckmail me to stay with her and than both say they were pregnant wtf ...lol... so my mum told me to get both of them tested and they both BS ...lol... one was my GF though at the time when she found out,

So a few years back I got vasectomy and when they say they are pregnant I will ask who the dad is ...lol...
My hero iExp!

ivies555
08-02-2014, 08:21 AM
He got a free get out of jail

Absolutely, it is a get out of fail for free pass. Anyways he was done with her

suka02
08-02-2014, 10:48 AM
If she were nice to your friend then why would she being nice to other people behind your friend's back? Therefore she can't control herself and just by easily allowing down entrance through.

I have also a similar story to a girl I know, she met him in Phillipines. Yes, they are hard working solid family in the country as told by my friend. As chemistry begins while she was on a trip they like each other, the fact of his sweetness. To the very end he ended up asking her to marry her and be willing to work hard in Australia if the marriage will happens.

Look, no offense. My friend is Indonesian and the guy is philipino. Usually phillipino people always stick to their own people. It's pretty hard to trust who they think looking for true love when their intention can transparency see they're actually looking for the visa to stay here in Australia. Then maybe divorced after PR granted and marry to their own people. But who knows? This can happen to any people from another country and it has happened to a few people I know. Just keeping awareness.

raenoir
08-02-2014, 11:01 AM
I really think your friend should just be friend to her eventho he might felt responsible for "taking care of her" while she's in Australia, but as he can see that the girl got knocked up by someone else WHILE they're still going out.
Basically your friend got free pass from his situation, all he need to do is get out!

waynekerr
08-02-2014, 11:19 AM
If only I had a quid for every story posted on this forum that's about "A friend".

WayneK.

Good_guy_Greg
08-02-2014, 12:21 PM
I don't think she will get visa just because she got pregnant by a citizen. Like someone said, if that was the case, our population would be much bigger than China's by now.

I think your friend got really lucky, he wanted out anyway and this is a good legitimate reason he can use, without taking any blame. She is the one who is wrong. This is a good lesson for all us guys - women use sex as a means, and men see sex as an end. Beware!

Sextus
08-02-2014, 12:46 PM
women use sex as a means, and men see sex as an end. Beware!

That belongs in a quotation book!

Sextus
08-02-2014, 01:48 PM
Viewing a baby as a problem is so inhuman I can't begin to describe it.

despite the fact the nasty little sprog is not his

Ha ha! That is an hilarious contrast!

vvillie
08-02-2014, 02:36 PM
If 'your friend' is in a defacto relationship with this lady (which she could perhaps argue) then he could be responsible under australian law for providing financial support to the phillipino lady and her child for the next 18-20 years (assuming she does not enter a relationship with the gardner or anybody else) despite the fact the nasty little sprog is not his

haha that's gold! However I believe they have to be living together for some period of time before they are classed as a 'defacto couple'. He should be in the clear!

foleyes
08-02-2014, 05:06 PM
Hahaha. Your friend should get tested. He might've caught something. Tell him not to buy lotto untill after he gets the test results.

Oneonone
09-02-2014, 08:09 AM
If its the gardeners kid then she only has to name him as the father to get support for the next 18 years he doesn't have to be in a relationship with her, you can get done for a one night stand.

Who said brothels were expensive cost a lot less than getting caught like the gardener.