PDA

View Full Version : General talk Korean plastic surgery

Sextus
09-02-2014, 12:03 PM
I was amazed to see a plastic surgery tourism stall at the Koreatown Festival last Saturday. Cultural differences hey? You just can't beat them. You'd never see anything like this at the Royal Easter Show! I've heard that Korea has the world's best plastic surgery, and from the amazing before and after photos I have to agree they do.

Ps. I still want this thread to make sense so I've given the fun police pride of place in this modified replaced photo. :shout:

http://i1301.photobucket.com/albums/ag116/waveflow/Korean-New-year-festival-1a_zps31bbdf4e.jpg (http://s1301.photobucket.com/user/waveflow/media/Korean-New-year-festival-1a_zps31bbdf4e.jpg.html)

http://i1301.photobucket.com/albums/ag116/waveflow/Korean-New-year-festival-1copy_zpsafff67f0.jpg (http://s1301.photobucket.com/user/waveflow/media/Korean-New-year-festival-1copy_zpsafff67f0.jpg.html)

rooter
09-02-2014, 12:16 PM
Thailand is a lot cheaper and the standard is comparable (maybe slightly inferior? Not sure?).
Also for expensive dental work like bridges crowns etc you could go to Thailand get your teeth fixed, pay air fares, stay in nice hotels, eat and drink very well and punt non stop with young Thai ladies, and still pay less than what the dental work alone will cost you in Sydney.

Wayne
09-02-2014, 12:17 PM
An interesting topic to discuss, Sextus. But I don't think you ought to be publishing photos of random women, without their consent, on a sex forum.

raenoir
09-02-2014, 12:42 PM
Thailand is a lot cheaper and the standard is comparable (maybe slightly inferior? Not sure?).
Also for expensive dental work like bridges crowns etc you could go to Thailand get your teeth fixed, pay air fares, stay in nice hotels, eat and drink very well and punt non stop with young Thai ladies, and still pay less than what the dental work alone will cost you in Sydney.

Interesting info regarding dental work.. will surely take this option now that I know! Thanks haha

Also would like to add that Thailand is surely cheaper and from few of my friend's experience, the job is comparable. (Just need to know the right places etc)

rooter
09-02-2014, 01:19 PM
Interesting info regarding dental work.. will surely take this option now that I know! Thanks haha

Also would like to add that Thailand is surely cheaper and from few of my friend's experience, the job is comparable. (Just need to know the right places etc)

Make sure you do some research first.
I am sure there are legit ones that do high quality work but there are also probably some shonky operators too.
Hundreds of Aussies go on "dental holidays" and "cosmetic surgery holidays" to Thailand every year.
There is plenty of good info on the net.

raenoir
09-02-2014, 01:31 PM
Make sure you do some research first.
I am sure there are legit ones that do high quality work but there are also probably some shonky operators too.
Hundreds of Aussies go on "dental holidays" and "cosmetic surgery holidays" to Thailand every year.
There is plenty of good info on the net.

I probably won't need one for few years, but tempted to do "dental check" just for the sake of it :shout:
Do I better of going to Bangkok and look for the recommended one there? I'm just scared as I can't speak Thai at all lol

Sextus
09-02-2014, 01:34 PM

Hmm, brother Rooter, maybe I should go to Thailand for a bit of lipo then? Nothing I do ever shifts this wobbling pad of fat I have on my gut. It wobbles when I walk. It wobbles when I run. It wobbles when I have sex - and it feels up to shit! :miao:

Wayne
09-02-2014, 04:47 PM
Admin should remove the above photos - unless these people have given permission for them to be posted on a sex forum; which I doubt.

Sextus
09-02-2014, 05:12 PM
Ha ha! I agree that shot of my gut should go! :shout:
Though all this is in the context of plastic surgery, not sex! :miao:

Max Impact
09-02-2014, 05:31 PM
Sextus getting in trouble for his photo posting again lol!

Wayne
09-02-2014, 05:35 PM
Thanks Admin

Ha ha! I agree that shot of my gut should go! :shout:
Though all this is in the context of plastic surgery, not sex! :miao:

Sextus, there are two points. Firstly you did give permission to have yr photo published; simply by being the agent of its publication. Secondly, this is a sex forum, not a plastic surgery forum. Yes discussion often, and thankfully, is diverted to other topics but that does not negate the forum's primary rationale. And, given it's an open forum, it is highly possible that a photo of an unsuspecting person could be misconstrued. Imagine you had a neice applying for a job and her employer does an image search only to find her image on a sex forum? Unlikely but possible. I suspect the owner of this forum has a legal responsibility not to allow postings such as yours.

Sextus
09-02-2014, 06:48 PM
Everyone visiting the forum would be intelligent enough to understand the context in which postings and photos are made. In this case especially - plastic surgery - a deeply unsexy topic!

Alert! Fun police! :shout:

http://i1301.photobucket.com/albums/ag116/waveflow/petercushingtwinsofevil_zps98063f9b.jpeg (http://s1301.photobucket.com/user/waveflow/media/petercushingtwinsofevil_zps98063f9b.jpeg.html)

Wayne
09-02-2014, 08:15 PM
Everyone visiting the forum would be intelligent enough to understand the context in which postings and photos are made. In this case especially - plastic surgery - a deeply unsexy topic!

Alert! Fun police! :shout:

http://i1301.photobucket.com/albums/ag116/waveflow/petercushingtwinsofevil_zps98063f9b.jpeg (http://s1301.photobucket.com/user/waveflow/media/petercushingtwinsofevil_zps98063f9b.jpeg.html)

It's not forum visitors you git, it's the bots of search engines. Do a simple google search of something you've posted here and see what I am talking about.

Max Impact
09-02-2014, 08:29 PM
Ok Wayne, lets not turning this into another flaming thread!

Wayne
09-02-2014, 08:34 PM
Ok Wayne, lets not turning this into another flaming thread!

Sextus gives it out Max, he can take it when sometimes it bounces back.

Max Impact
09-02-2014, 08:56 PM
Sextus gives it out Max, he can take it when sometimes it bounces back.

Yeh I'm still pissed that he hasn't done that report on the redhead chick orgy, but he's got time for going to flea markets!

Sextus
09-02-2014, 09:08 PM
It's not forum visitors you git.

I missed the "git" part on first reading! Come on Wayne mate, you're experienced in media, you should be able to take some humourous satire in your stride. :D

Wouldn't the "bots" take you to the forum thread and therefore the context of it?

Wayne
09-02-2014, 09:53 PM
I missed the "git" part on first reading! Come on Wayne mate, you're experienced in media, you should be able to take some humourous satire in your stride. :D

Wouldn't the "bots" take you to the forum thread and therefore the context of it?

Aiya, now whose being precious and not understanding satire? It was silly of you to post photos of random woman. You know it, admin knew it and took them down. You can't always spin every mistake into an "oh gosh, you just don't understand my humour" line. Sometimes boundaries are necessary. Its fine to push them here, but really, once someone points them out its just silly to try to score some point against him.

Sextus
09-02-2014, 10:38 PM
I wouldn't put too much weight on admin's response, it is just reflex on their part. They even deleted the naked photo of myself - just on the grounds of poor taste! Ha ha! On that I am inclined to agree with them!

Truly though, it is a photo of a plastic surgery stall with the attendants a small part of the frame. The vanishingly small, to fully disappearing, chance of anything in your scenario happening makes such censorship stultifying - and the innocent context of it eliminates it entirely.

Therefore I never said anything about my satire not being valid. I particularly don't recall the line above that you put into quotation marks. Who were you quoting?

wilisno
09-02-2014, 11:35 PM
I wouldn't put too much weight on admin's response, it is just reflex on their part. They even deleted the naked photo of myself - just on the grounds of poor taste! Ha ha! On that I am inclined to agree with them!

I don't think your selfie photo was deleted based on poor taste, I would think it's because of the tattoo on the girl's lower back, that's as identifiable as the face shot. I don't think you've got her permission to post it !

Sextus
10-02-2014, 12:07 AM
Yes, I definitely do have permission. That is why the photos exist at all. The tatt is hidden except when she is naked. So only those that have got naked with her know about it - we belong to a rather exclusive and small club therefore. But yes, wilisno, I see your point, admin saw it without this background info.

wilisno
10-02-2014, 12:48 AM
Yes, I definitely do have permission. That is why the photos exist at all. The tatt is hidden except when she is naked. So only those that have got naked with her know about it - we belong to a rather exclusive and small club therefore. But yes, wilisno, I see your point, admin saw it without this background info.
Who knows about your permission to post her photo ? Yourself ?

Sextus
10-02-2014, 01:48 AM
I'm not sure what you mean Wilisno. The photos were taken for a photo AR, that was the point of it. It was all cleared beforehand, and that is why the photos are literally "in your (blurred) face." It is already posted in "Gold membership" on the other site. I'm too modest to relay the response I got to its 25 photos and 3800 words. Sorry I can't post it here - the censorship is too unpredictable with my photos :cry: and I like my work to retain its meaning. Who doesn't? I am halfway to making this and two other photo-reviews viewable to all though. Man, photo AR's are better than the change from black and white TV to c o l o u r !

wilisno
10-02-2014, 02:34 AM
I'm not sure what you mean Wilisno. The photos were taken for a photo AR, that was the point of it. It was all cleared beforehand, and that is why the photos are literally "in your (blurred) face." It is already posted in "Gold membership" on the other site. I'm too modest to relay the response I got to its 25 photos and 3800 words. Sorry I can't post it here - the censorship is too unpredictable with my photos :cry: and I like my work to retain its meaning. Who doesn't? I am halfway to making this and two other photo-reviews viewable to all though. Man, photo AR's are better than the change from black and white TV to c o l o u r !

How is it unpredictable ? As far as I'm concerned, it's the most straightforward policy, no authorization, no photos posted, and you've been told about that again and again !

I'm not sure why you're not sure what I meant. I meant no permission, no posting of photos, as simple as that !

You claimed to have permission from the girl ? How does a permission work ?

A permission has to come from the girl herself or at least from her agent, in this case, the shop, but definitely not from the one who posts her photos ! Furthermore, if you had her permission, she wouldn't have asked Admin to delete those photos last time !

Sextus
10-02-2014, 10:53 AM
Lily changed her mind afterwards, a woman's perogative they say. These other AR's are nothing to do with Lily, or with shops.

Hung Lo
10-02-2014, 10:56 AM
Speaking of privacy, I wonder which aus99 member this is

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rr8RuTG0HVU

Wayne
10-02-2014, 11:16 AM

Truly though, it is a photo of a plastic surgery stall with the attendants a small part of the frame. The vanishingly small, to fully disappearing, chance of anything in your scenario happening makes such censorship stultifying - and the innocent context of it eliminates it entirely.

Therefore I never said anything about my satire not being valid. I particularly don't recall the line above that you put into quotation marks. Who were you quoting?

I didn't realise I had touched a sore point Sextus. You are obviously aggrieved over an earlier incident. My reference is simply to the posting of photos of random people. That's simply not on, in any media, without their permission. End of discussion on that topic. Your issues with admin over selfies is something different. And your issue with either using satire or not appreciating when it is used against you is another again. Just to clarify, I use git in the way others use silly old bastard. Sorry you missed that particular episode of The Young Ones.

Sextus
10-02-2014, 12:31 PM
Yeah, I did miss that episode of the Young Ones. Sorry! I'm glad you had a bit of a laugh at my photoshopping in the OP. It was also meant in fun.

Yes, there is some photo censoring history, perhaps it is a bit touchy with me because of that. But I am a fan of your contributions to the forum, and a discussion like this is interesting, if a bit exhausting.

I wouldn't say that "no photos without permission" in any media was the "end of the discussion" on the topic though. Because otherwise there would be no photojournalism, no history. And in a very modest way my photo of the plastic surgery tourism booth is a little piece of that - an observation of a cultural difference. As I said, you just wouldn't see such a booth at the anglo oriented Royal Easter Show, but in Koreatown it was taken casually in stride.

When it comes to photos of hard core after reviewed sex however, yes, even when the photos are blurred and anonymous we have to make sure first everyone knows the photos will be posted. And so I do.

harmony
10-02-2014, 12:47 PM
Sextus, your post was a great one, and I valued your original photo
A lot of us on here do like to know how other cultures think and act

Agree you just need to blur the faces before you post, and that will keep the critics and fun police away

The photo actually was warranted given the point you were making
We all got to experience life at a Korean tradeshow by reading your thread, so thank you

wilisno
10-02-2014, 02:05 PM
Lily changed her mind afterwards, a woman's perogative they say. These other AR's are nothing to do with Lily, or with shops.
So you said .....

And with the other AR's, shop girls it no shop girls, it's the same deal !

Wayne
10-02-2014, 02:26 PM
Sextus, your post was a great one, and I valued your original photo
A lot of us on here do like to know how other cultures think and act

Agree you just need to blur the faces before you post, and that will keep the critics and fun police away

The photo actually was warranted given the point you were making
We all got to experience life at a Korean tradeshow by reading your thread, so thank you

Yes, I agree. Well said.