PDA

View Full Version : General talk Another article in SMH

wachumba
30-03-2014, 01:09 AM
http://www.smh.com.au/nsw/trafficking-women-lured-with-student-visas-forced-into-sex-slavery-20140329-35q88.html

Asian women are being snared in a student visa scam that funnels them into Sydney brothels where they are forced to sell sex and drugs for up to 20 hours a day.
A Sun-Herald investigation has found that after arriving in Australia on travel visas, dozens of women from Hong Kong and Thailand are being met by brothel managers who lodge study visa applications on their behalf. While most submissions fail, appeals are routinely lodged in the knowledge the process takes up to two years.
During that time, the women are at the mercy of traffickers who restrict their freedom and force them to work around the clock as prostitutes. While some are aware they are arriving to work in the sex industry, many are oblivious to the fact. Sources on the periphery of the sex ring have testified that within months, an increasing number of workers are finding themselves broken, battered and hooked on crystal meth (ice), which, in some parlours, they are obliged to offer to clients.

Despite detailed evidence having been lodged with the Department of Immigration more than a year ago, nothing has been done to close the visa loophole on which the scam thrives. While Blacktown police received a detailed tip-off about the drug epidemic inside two local brothels The Sun-Herald has recent audio recordings in which clients are still able to book girls who smoke ice as part of the service.
Commander of the NSW Police Sex Crimes squad, Detective Superintendent John Kerlatec, said: ''These are serious crimes and we work closely with our federal counterparts to ensure we tackle them not only in Australia, but offshore. The difficulty is in trying to get victimised witnesses to come forward.''
In February last year, consultancy firm Brothel Busters contacted two senior officials within Immigration's national investigation unit, identifying four Hong Kong women who were delivered to Australia to work in the sex industry. The girls were dispersed between two brothels in Blacktown and an associated parlour in Sydney's south. Brothel Busters head Chris Seage also provided a paper trail that demonstrated exactly how sex traffickers were utilising the student visa system. Three months later, a regular client of the Blacktown parlours became irate about prolific drug use on premises and turned whistleblower. In a letter, dated May 19, 2013, to Blacktown Council mayor Len Robinson, he stated: ''These working girls hardly speak a word of English … are here on a student visa and are permitted limited hours per week to work (20 hours) but are forced to work up to 18 hours a day.

''The brothel supplies, and the girls offer ice and ecstasy to their clients to make them stay longer.''
The customer even went as far as identifying three sex workers from whom ice and other drugs could be freely obtained, adding: ''These are not allegations but facts.''
Five days later, Mr Robinson wrote back stating ''regular inspections'' were ''routinely conducted'' by council inspectors. He added that because drug supply was a criminal matter ''beyond council's legislative authority to enforce'', the complaint had been sent to the ''superintendent'' of Blacktown police local area command.
Police responded with visits and referrals to federal authorities. However, two of the three women identified by the whistleblower are still rostered on.
In 2012-13, 3446 appeals against refusals were lodged from 290,761 student visa applications submitted over the same period. A spokesman for Immigration Minister Scott Morrison said the ''vast majority'' of student visa applications were approved. ''Overhauling the student visa system would not prevent unscrupulous individuals from seeking to use this or other visa programs to profit from trafficking or trafficking-like activities,'' he said.
Allegations of sexual exploitation through student visas stretch back to at least February 2012, when the Australian Federal Police arrested the Chinese-Cambodian owner of the Diamonds 4 Ever brothel in Guildford.
Song Ea, 42, faces two charges of organising entry reckless as to exploitation, two counts of employing a non-citizen to work in breach of visa condition and conducting business involving sexual servitude. He is due to appear before Sydney District Court on Friday.

AHLUNGOR
30-03-2014, 01:18 AM
If you only go to RnT shops. You are most likely Not gonna have this problem - on a punters point of view!

Just my two cents !

Cheers

brocausewaybay
30-03-2014, 01:40 AM
If you only go to RnT shops. You are most likely Not gonna have this problem - on a punters point of view!

Just my two cents !

Cheers

I know some punters on this site and others will say this is just a media beat up but my view is that if these things are actually happening (I think that they probably are in some shops) then the full force of the law should be applied to them.

astro boy
30-03-2014, 07:46 AM
Yes close them down.
Prosecute the owners/girls
send the girls back home

Some of them must be on drugs to be able to fuck all day.
One girl did say to do a particular act she needed to be taking this and that drug..I was surprised

fairmont
30-03-2014, 07:47 AM
When money is involved there will always be people who abuse there power and other people. I am sure this is true and more so in the sex industry. I have always treated the ladies I have stayed with gently and with respect and have had ladies respond to me in the same way, not always as some of these ladies only see us as a form of income. But unfortunately there are shop owners and punters out there that could not give a crap about these girls, they are to them a source of money or a sex object. Yes I know I go to shops to have sex so in a way to me you could say they are a sex object but I always treat a lady with respect. If I sense a lady to be in pain or uncomfortable or see a certain look on there face I will stop and ask if she is ok. Let's face it there are men out there, if you can call them that, that get pleasure out of hurting a women and forcing them to do things they would not normally do, not just in a shop.

I always ask if they are happy working here 99% of the girls say the shop owner and the other girls that work there are good to them! I find these ladies to be in a good mood each time I visit them.

If you came across a shop that mistreated the workers and supplied drugs what would you do?

I was asked a few years ago in a first time visit to a shop if I wanted some drugs, to help me relax and the lady said it would make my cock harder and have a better orgasm, I left before the session got underway and reported it to the concil and police, that shop has now shut.

Action Pump
30-03-2014, 08:13 AM
I recognise the brothel in the second photo. Its in Caringbah.

Are they on suspicion to have sex slaves?

CunningLinguist
30-03-2014, 09:07 AM
I mostly frequent city and northside shops and I have never met a girl who is a slave. Maybe in some of the lower socio-economic areas this happens, and if it does I agree it should be stopped. BUT CS has a habit of exaggerating so I don't believe what he says, it needs someone with credibility to investigate. If this was a real problem I reckon 4 corners would have done a show on it by now.

EatmyhairyassholeBitch
30-03-2014, 09:25 AM
There was a woman (and I think a man too) not long ago of Asian decent was charged with deceiving girls into coming to Australia on a student visa and forcing the girls into prostitution to pay off some mysterious expenses.

I think it's a media beat-up, it's sad that people have to be in prostitution but add in drugs and being forced into using and getting addicted then it becomes a sensational and worthy of an article. I think we have more social problems of drugs generally in society and the west which needs more attention.

lonely heart
30-03-2014, 09:29 AM
Fucking hell, does he has anything else to write about except sex industry.

brocausewaybay
30-03-2014, 09:40 AM

He is probably funded by a group of legal brothels which are trying to drive out the illegal operations and reduce competition. The newspapers love publishing these articles as they attract a lot of readers' interest.

cisco
30-03-2014, 09:44 AM
The one who wrote this article he probably go to brothel too , what a boring article he wrote , only asian brothel ?How about caucasian brothel ? European people come here on student visa too ? How about that ?Same shit happened all around the world . What a boring journalist

fairmont
30-03-2014, 09:47 AM
The first picture looks like Blacktown 40. I am sure it is.

John_Matrix
30-03-2014, 10:00 AM
I'm sure there are bits of truth in the article. It does make sense that ice could be used by some to maintain the long hours and days. The issue here for me is safety, seeing what ice does to those who use it increases the likely hood of unsafe sex due to the high and lack of mental control.

This posses a real risk to any punter who comes across a WL who uses it or partakes in its use. Years ago I had a punt and I asked the WL if I could have a smoke (cigarette), she said do you want ice jokingly. Now its got me thinking if there was a element of truth in her comment.

scrawley
30-03-2014, 10:12 AM
yep, I've always had my reservations about blacktown after reading this after report

http://forum.aus99.com/showthread.php?28974-Unenthusiastic-uninterested-(Not-So)-Sunny-for-150!-Why-Not-I-m-Up-For-It!!!&highlight=blacktown+sunny&p=458731#post458731

Travelmate
30-03-2014, 12:03 PM
Every industry must have their good side and ugly side.
This article is just an article and the author has made his point.
It is not goign to change anything whether it is true or not.

The girls and the owners all had their agenda and try to fnd a way to make their own benefit.
It is hard to come out mutual benefits at the end in some cases.

As a punter, that is not their priority as long as they have paid their money and have some fun.

Eureka
30-03-2014, 12:51 PM

I for one have no problem if that is all he writes about !!!
If it is fact based and true - then he can do anything he likes to raise the profile of the issue.
Legal sex industry is one thing
Effective enslavement, threats and drugs .. where girls cannot totally act on their own free will.. is totally another !

I don't care who it is taking this issue on - hope they keep it up until the girls are protected and these slimeballs are out of business and if breached the law .. in gaol !!

scrawley
30-03-2014, 01:04 PM
travelmate, saying punters shouldn't care about these types of allegations and only worry about whethet they enjoy themselves or not, is so very, very wrong!!

Im not sure if you read the link about the Blacktown shop I posted earlier in the thread (the same Blacktown shop refered to in today's article)?

It paints a grim picture my brother - young, miserable, skeletal girls, strung out on drugs, sleeping and living in the same little shitty room where they fuck all those men ...

... Actually I've just given myself a hard on, ignore everything I just said Ima go have a wank!!

Travelmate
30-03-2014, 01:35 PM
travelmate, saying punters shouldn't care about these types of allegations and only worry about whethet they enjoy themselves or not, is so very, very wrong!!

Im not sure if you read the link about the Blacktown shop I posted earlier in the thread (the same Blacktown shop refered to in today's article)?

It paints a grim picture my brother - young, miserable, skeletal girls, strung out on drugs, sleeping and living in the same little shitty room where they fuck all those men ...

... Actually I've just given myself a hard on, ignore everything I just said Ima go have a wank!!

i say this is not priority. never say do not Care

cisco
30-03-2014, 02:10 PM
Just tell the journalist to get fu&$%# k

babelx
12-04-2014, 04:30 PM
Wow this is so shocking if it's true. You would probably know if the girl was drugged though? Wouldn't they be all spacey?????