PDA

View Full Version : General talk Health rebate

Mclovin69
09-04-2014, 10:39 PM
Hello

I notice some of these massage place say private health rebate available. Has anyone actually tried to make a claim?

AHLUNGOR
10-04-2014, 01:04 AM
Hello

I notice some of these massage place say private health rebate available. Has anyone actually tried to make a claim?

If you really like to know, this is how it works :

It is certified to the individual qualified masseuses and Not the shop, and in most cases, there may be only one or two actually qualified masseuses in each shop - even for the legit shops in shopping centre.

And the individual masseuses has to apply a provider number from the registered health funds.

Say you go to Town Hall massage and they have girl A who is qualified but you get a massage from B who is not, then you can't claim . To do it properly, only the massage session conducted by A are claimable , making sense ??

Cheers

Mclovin69
10-04-2014, 07:51 PM
Just wondering if any bro has tried to claim a claim ?

aussiegaigin
10-04-2014, 09:07 PM
If you really like to know, this is how it works :

It is certified to the individual qualified masseuses and Not the shop, and in most cases, there may be only one or two actually qualified masseuses in each shop - even for the legit shops in shopping centre.

And the individual masseuses has to apply a provider number from the registered health funds.

Say you go to Town Hall massage and they have girl A who is qualified but you get a massage from B who is not, then you can't claim . To do it properly, only the massage session conducted by A are claimable , making sense ??

Cheers

That seems to be how it is SUPPOSED to work.

One shopping centre place I have been to does have different staff for health fund services; another doesn't and all work is claimed under the owner's name.

As for rebates, the funds pay a fixed amount per visit, regardless of time or cost, so even if the girl does offer extras you can't claim any more than if she didn't.

the doctor.
10-04-2014, 10:05 PM
Hello

These would be the strictly legit ones

the funds pay a fixed amount per visit, regardless of time or cost, so even if the girl does offer extras you can't claim any more than if she didn't.
You mean there are places where you claim a rebate for part 1 and pay for part 2 ?

papadom446@hotmail.com
10-04-2014, 10:10 PM
Hi

I have got about 20 bucks back from a massage in a Chinese place last year (also sold herbs). Was dodgy with weird hand written receipt I sent into HCF. But worked. go figure.

aussiegaigin
11-04-2014, 07:10 AM
These would be the strictly legit ones

You mean there are places where you claim a rebate for part 1 and pay for part 2 ?
In most places you pay the shop for the massage treatment, and your receipt covers this.

If you get extras you pay the girl direct, so it doesn't show on the receipt.

paulgallen
11-04-2014, 09:29 AM
If u need to be a certified massuer (person A) to give out rebates. Whats to stop person B (not certified) in the same shop give massage and then person A issues the invoice ?
This stuff happens in plumbing, eleectrical trade, etc. The guy doing your job will issue invoice with his mates license number. Happens with accountants as well, someone will do your return and issue u with their mates tax agent number.

AHLUNGOR
11-04-2014, 09:46 AM
If u need to be a certified massuer (person A) to give out rebates. Whats to stop person B (not certified) in the same shop give massage and then person A issues the invoice ?
This stuff happens in plumbing, eleectrical trade, etc. The guy doing your job will issue invoice with his mates license number. Happens with accountants as well, someone will do your return and issue u with their mates tax agent number.

Very true, the example I gave earlier is based on people doing the right thing, which I have seen: was having a foot massage at my busy local Westfield centre and a woman came in asking about the rebate, the shop boss said only so and so is eligible for HCF but she is booked out for the rest of the day. When is she working again , Tuesday, can I make an appointment for Tuesday 4pm!

Now that's a legit shop doing the right thing !

Of course nothing stopping some doggy shop owner abusing the qualification of the qualified masseuses !! And giving out claim receipts to everyone even she did not do the massage !

wilisno
11-04-2014, 12:49 PM
Unless there are 25 claims of 1 hr massage in one day from a single masseuse ! ;) ;) ;)

neil98
13-04-2014, 02:48 PM
That seems to be how it is SUPPOSED to work.

One shopping centre place I have been to does have different staff for health fund services; another doesn't and all work is claimed under the owner's name.

As for rebates, the funds pay a fixed amount per visit, regardless of time or cost, so even if the girl does offer extras you can't claim any more than if she didn't.

There are ways around this too. One trick which I first came across years ago is the the place will give you two receipts for different dates, enabling you to claim twice and cover your costs.