PDA

View Full Version : Shop info Good Friday

bennydude77
16-04-2014, 03:32 PM
Has anyone heard of shops open on Good Friday ? Are shop normally open as new to brisbane so not to sure

RottenLittlePunt
16-04-2014, 03:34 PM
One of the girls at Stanley St told me she was working over Easter, but not sure which days of the long weekend they are open. I think they opened for Christmas so I expect they will open for Easter.

CunningLinguist
16-04-2014, 07:37 PM
Remember no DATY or BBBJ on good friday :)

gpeck80
16-04-2014, 07:45 PM
I think someone pm'd me recently saying Amore is open every day of the year. Asians tend not to follow western traditional holidays. Theyre more about the money.

icanfly
16-04-2014, 09:39 PM
Remember no DATY or BBBJ on good friday :)

Fish is still allowed on good friday so you can still smell it :)

DV8AUS
16-04-2014, 11:12 PM
As I was leaving RTM tonight the girls said that they would be open all weekend.

Jerry10
17-04-2014, 02:17 AM
One of the girls at Stanley St told me she was working over Easter, but not sure which days of the long weekend they are open. I think they opened for Christmas so I expect they will open for Easter.

Yes they are open every day over the weekend. Including Anzac Day next week.

BrainSex
17-04-2014, 04:37 AM
Yes they are open every day over the weekend. Including Anzac Day next week.

Being open on Anzac morning is going to get people offside and is disrespectful.

RottenLittlePunt
17-04-2014, 10:29 AM
Being open on Anzac morning is going to get people offside and is disrespectful.

Just checked and I wouldn't expect any massage shop to be open on Anzac morning. Also note that from what I can see they shouldn't be open tomorrow either

bennydude77
17-04-2014, 05:54 PM
Was looking through cm today and noticed Angie's massage says open Easter not sure if that means Good Friday or not . Also noticed they have a special offer for a week so may have to ring on Good Friday see if open or not better than staying in a boring hotel alone:(

revolnaisa
18-04-2014, 08:25 AM
What is wrong with turning Good Friday into "a better Friday"! It is a free country, go for it guys cause I will be :-) :smile:

bennydude77
18-04-2014, 10:09 AM
I agree.. Had to go out this morning drove past Stanley st and Angie's both were open so after I can find a cage for breaky I will treat my self to a massage

gpeck80
18-04-2014, 07:06 PM
Funny why people would think being open on Anzac Day would cause offence. Apart from miners, no want frequents brothels or massage parlours more than men in the armed services. mmmm smell that tax free money.

brownwallaby
18-04-2014, 07:24 PM
A Bizarre and Wild Friday for me

some1likeU
19-04-2014, 07:14 AM
was with family whole day yesterday. Probably will get some freedom today. All fingers crossed

BrainSex
20-04-2014, 04:30 PM
Funny why people would think being open on Anzac Day would cause offence. Apart from miners, no want frequents brothels or massage parlours more than men in the armed services. mmmm smell that tax free money.

I personally take offence at businesses opening on Anzac morning. It's disrespectful. How about for one day of the year we forget thinking with our dicks and think of the guys whom died in warfare for our country.

icanfly
20-04-2014, 06:25 PM
I personally take offence at businesses opening on Anzac morning. It's disrespectful. How about for one day of the year we forget thinking with our dicks and think of the guys whom died in warfare for our country.

You have to remember these businesses are run by Chinese or other asian. Anzac doesn't mean anything to them. Even though they are in this country they have a nature of hard working always open longer hours try to get as much business as possible. This behaviour reminates into them wanting to stay open late until 9, 10 etc. If you would like them to adopt the aussie lifestyle then maybe you would be happier that they close early during the week? Can't have it both ways they are bringing the asian culture of long hours to us for our benefit too.

Digger
20-04-2014, 09:59 PM

Hear, hear!

gpeck80
21-04-2014, 01:22 AM

RottenLittlePunt
21-04-2014, 01:27 AM

Do you similarly take offence at licensed premises or TABs being open and making money from the sale of alcohol/gambling on Anzac morning?

RottenLittlePunt
21-04-2014, 01:29 AM
"I personally take offence at businesses opening on Anzac morning. It's disrespectful. How about for one day of the year we forget thinking with our dicks and think of the guys whom died in warfare for our country. "

Each person should make an individual choice. You dont want to do it. Fine. Some people do. Thats fine too.
And people are NOT free to make that decision if they are closed. I prefer to live in a country where people can choose, even things I personally do not, but then I am not up myself.

Its called democracy mate. That aint such a bad thing.

Actually there are rules on what can and cannot open on ANZAC Day, so you don't live in a country with as much freedom as you think. lol

gpeck80
21-04-2014, 05:29 AM
yeah and Asian businesses follow those rules to the letter do they ? lol

Had a nice meal in a thai restaurant on good friday lol

Jerry10
21-04-2014, 05:32 PM
yeah and Asian businesses follow those rules to the letter do they ? lol

Had a nice meal in a thai restaurant on good friday lol

Food premise is allow to open on Good Friday and Anzac Day.

cheese69
21-04-2014, 10:19 PM

Man of morals are we BrainSex? You take offence at business owners opening their livelihoods on Anzac Day but you have no problem travelling to Asian countries and exploiting Asian women from poverty-stricken backgrounds. I am not Asian and I will most certainly be opening my businesses on Anzac Day. Do my landlords say to me "Hey you don't have to pay any rent today as it's Anzac Day!"? It doesn't in the slightest mean I don't respect people that go to war. You obviously work for the public service or a union.

salt&pepper
22-04-2014, 05:55 PM
Actually there are rules on what can and cannot open on ANZAC Day, so you don't live in a country with as much freedom as you think. lol

At least Angies will not be open ANZAC Day morning, but business as usual in the afternoon.

Digger
22-04-2014, 06:37 PM
Man of morals are we BrainSex? You take offence at business owners opening their livelihoods on Anzac Day but you have no problem travelling to Asian countries and exploiting Asian women from poverty-stricken backgrounds. I am not Asian and I will most certainly be opening my businesses on Anzac Day. Do my landlords say to me "Hey you don't have to pay any rent today as it's Anzac Day!"? It doesn't in the slightest mean I don't respect people that go to war. You obviously work for the public service or a union.

You have really lost the plot cheese69, get a grip and show some respect, don't just say it!!

Heisenberg
22-04-2014, 06:37 PM
The ANZACs fought for my right to have a tug on any day of the year.

DV8AUS
22-04-2014, 11:16 PM
You have really lost the plot cheese69, get a grip and show some respect, don't just say it!!

You all need to show some respect, especially at 04:28 on the 25th. Come along for a gunfire breakfast following the service. Then spend the rest of the day doing whatever you want.

BrainSex
23-04-2014, 07:25 PM
You all need to show some respect, especially at 04:28 on the 25th. Come along for a gunfire breakfast following the service. Then spend the rest of the day doing whatever you want.

Sounds like a plan. I'm thinking of staying in town and listening to old war stories.

I think they even might extend free public transport for those wearing medals. that's a nice touch.

I do apologise of I've lost track of the people disparaging me on this thread.

Enjoy Anzac day everyone and be kind to diggers, talk to them and listen to their stories.

Digger
23-04-2014, 08:25 PM
Sounds like a plan. I'm thinking of staying in town and listening to old war stories.

I think they even might extend free public transport for those wearing medals. that's a nice touch.

I do apologise of I've lost track of the people disparaging me on this thread.

Enjoy Anzac day everyone and be kind to diggers, talk to them and listen to their stories.

Yes, there have been far too many philistines commenting on this thread and to them I say, every dog has its' day!!