PDA

View Full Version : Criteria for whole posts being removed.

brian007
20-04-2014, 08:44 AM
Just wondering why entire threads would be removed rather than certain posts being edited or removed.

Recently two threads I have contributed to and commented on have just been wiped entirely. Pretty disappointing as honestly there was some good discussion on both especially the board censorship thread was very civil and informative.

one was a review of Hana at 5 Marrickville
The other was a subject started on board censorship and threads disappearing?

Cheers

CunningLinguist
20-04-2014, 10:07 AM
Just wondering why entire threads would be removed rather than certain posts being edited or removed.

Recently two threads I have contributed to and commented on have just been wiped entirely. Pretty disappointing as honestly there was some good discussion on both especially the board censorship thread was very civil and informative.

Cheers

I didn't notice the last one disappearing, that is disappointing, there were some good comments on it. People will be less likely to bother contributing to these threads if they keep getting deleted ...

slarty
20-04-2014, 09:34 PM

Cheers

I agree. I enjoyed reading the thread about board censorship. Unfortunately makes the forum seem more like a business than a forum- which it may very well be as the advertisers' interests need to be protected. If I hadn't seen it before it disappeared I would never have known someone had raised the issue.

Aus99 Moderator
20-04-2014, 11:56 PM

Cheers
When a topic or a thread is being used by trouble makers to turn into a battle ground, it can only be locked or removed to avoid further unrest on the forum.

brian007
21-04-2014, 07:04 AM
When a topic or a thread is being used by trouble makers to turn into a battle ground, it can only be locked or removed to avoid further unrest on the forum.

I agree and that Hana thread which was also quite unfair to the shop mentioned was a good candidate to remove. Although I believe that locking or editing offending posts is superior to removing everyone's input.

As mentioned by a few posters the censorship thread informative and up to the point I was making my contribution it was very civil with a lot of interest by board members.

wilisno
21-04-2014, 10:22 AM
I agree and that Hana thread which was also quite unfair to the shop mentioned was a good candidate to remove. Although I believe that locking or editing offending posts is superior to removing everyone's input.

As mentioned by a few posters the censorship thread informative and up to the point I was making my contribution it was very civil with a lot of interest by board members.
Can't you see the censorship thread was created by the same banned member to create more unrest ???

All negative views would attract lots of responses anyway. If it's left on, there will be no end to the argument !