PDA

View Full Version : General talk Anzac day

Hornyonetwo
25-04-2014, 03:24 AM
At the cenotaph in martin place for the dawn service.
Time to pay my respects too the fallen who gave their lives for this country and its people.
Lest we forget.

wilisno
25-04-2014, 03:26 AM
Salute ! Lest we forget !

insanekicker
25-04-2014, 04:34 AM
Lest we forget! we will remember them

Oneonone
25-04-2014, 08:42 AM
Time out to reflect on how lucky we are to live in this great country and to thank those that gave so much to keep it that way for us and future generations

Eureka
25-04-2014, 09:05 AM
Well said gents !!

croney
25-04-2014, 03:18 PM
Yes we owe a lot to the brave men of the last century.
Lest we forget

Oneonone
25-04-2014, 06:59 PM
Now it's time to celebrate wish I could get out for a punt

tpol
25-04-2014, 07:22 PM
then pop over for a punt afterwards

black knight
25-04-2014, 08:03 PM
Watching our men and women today all decked out, soaking wet, and proud was inspiring today in Sydney.
I Witnessed many young armed services men and women wearing handfuls of war medals.. so young, and gallant,
along side our older revered diggers.
I have a family member in the Navy and watching her today made me feel so proud.

We should all be grateful to all of them for our freedoms

Oneonone
26-04-2014, 10:04 AM
It was great to see the support of the public especially considering how wet it was.

And great to see the current serving members of the armed services joining the march

AHLUNGOR
27-04-2014, 02:52 AM
Time out to reflect on how lucky we are to live in this great country and to thank those that gave so much to keep it that way for us and future generations

I have the upmost respects for all the men and women who served in the armed force and those who made the ultimate sacrefice or got injured during their services !

But I also like to point out for the majority of the past century , our men and women were not really fighting "our" wars. Our people were deployed because of the British Empire was at war with whoever! Then we were sent to the battlefield because our allies were at war !

Vietnam, the Korean Peninsula, Iraq and Afghanistan, we shouldn't even be there.

Fighting the Japanese during WWII, though, yes, that's the war we needed to fight !

Just my two cents

Cheers

wilisno
27-04-2014, 03:26 AM
I have the upmost respects for all the men and women who served in the armed force and those who made the ultimate sacrefice or got injured during their services !

But I also like to point out for the majority of the past century , our men and women were not really fighting "our" wars. Our people were deployed because of the British Empire was at war with whoever! Then we were sent to the battlefield because our allies were at war !

Vietnam, the Korean Peninsula, Iraq and Afghanistan, we shouldn't even be there.

Fighting the Japanese during WWII, though, yes, that's the war we needed to fight !

Just my two cents

Cheers

That's how politics works. how allies work !

If we stay away from all troubles, who's gonna support us when we're in trouble ?

Oneonone
27-04-2014, 08:34 AM

Just my two cents

Cheers

If we hadn't gone to Europe would Britain still have won that war? Lets assume they lost, then the next thing Germany would have done is expand its Empire elsewhere so look out Australia we are now on our own?

I agree we should not have been in some of the wars we have been in but the so called world wars we needed to be contributing.

Its a difficult decision to go or not to go in places like Iraq and Afghanistan but as human beings we all have a duty to try and protect those that can't protect themselves from aggression and dictatorship.

Unfortunately its not easy and we don't always get it right.

I think at times we don't get the right information from our so called allies!

Travelmate
27-04-2014, 11:56 AM
It is interesting to watch TV seeing Prince and Princess in Canberra standing and sitting around.

They are not representing much for Australia anymore.

It cost Australia Government lots of money "welcome" this couple for 1 week.

I am sure it is more meaningful spending this money into community service or saving people life.

Just my 1 cent

mak695
27-04-2014, 02:33 PM
It is interesting to watch TV seeing Prince and Princess in Canberra standing and sitting around.

They are not representing much for Australia anymore.

It cost Australia Government lots of money "welcome" this couple for 1 week.

I am sure it is more meaningful spending this money into community service or saving people life.

Just my 1 cent

You do realise we are part of the Commonwealth? And he will most likely be a future King someday aswell. Your right they could spend the money somewhere else but where? To give the politicians an even higher pay rise?

Hornyonetwo
27-04-2014, 04:02 PM
This post was to honor and respect past and serving diggers not a political statement or for a discussion on the merits/non merits of our military involvement through history.
If people wish too discuss this start a seperate thread please otherwise this thread will end up like the last few that were locked with the arguments going aroud in a never ending circle.

wilisno
27-04-2014, 05:22 PM
This post was to honor and respect past and serving diggers not a political statement or for a discussion on the merits/non merits of our military involvement through history.
If people wish too discuss this start a seperate thread please otherwise this thread will end up like the last few that were locked with the arguments going aroud in a never ending circle.
Well said brother !