PDA

View Full Version : General talk Is the forum stagnating? Does the forum needs more interesting discussion offerings?

MagicToad
10-05-2014, 03:39 PM
I can't put my finger on it, as the actress said to the bishop, but I think
the forum perhaps needs some more interesting discussions of one sort or other.

Am I mistaken, what do you think?

wilisno
10-05-2014, 03:46 PM

You mean like what CrazyMonkey did ? ;) ;) ;)

Travelmate
10-05-2014, 03:50 PM
There is always people coming and leaving and so are the shops ...

Nothing strange

pantydropa
10-05-2014, 04:19 PM
Perhaps punting less because of the colder months?

AHLUNGOR
10-05-2014, 06:10 PM

What do you have in mind ??

John_Matrix
10-05-2014, 07:57 PM
Adding new options for topics other then general and after report may add new flavour. Saying that being a forum based on punting I'd say it may not work well.

AHLUNGOR
10-05-2014, 08:42 PM
Adding new options for topics other then general and after report may add new flavour. Saying that being a forum based on punting I'd say it may not work well.

Like sports ??

Gambling ??

Stocks and shares ??

Restaurant and bar ?

Travel and sightseeing ??

Karaoke ??

Yoga and gym ??

HIV and STD in general ??

World peace ??

Russia and Urkraine ??

China, Japan, north and South Korea ?

Tony Abbott and his three daughter ?

World Cup Brazil ??

Jamie, Dave and Miranda ??

Why don't you start ?

RoyalFlush
10-05-2014, 08:49 PM
I think a section on personal sex related stories might be interesting. But again, Australians usually discuss a certain topic that's put out there, rather than dwell, share and discuss into personal matters.

John_Matrix
10-05-2014, 08:51 PM
A post will disappear amongst the more popular posts and random spam. A section like the general topic and AR section would need to be created, it will require heavy moderation for if work from admin/moderators.

Being a majority male Forum base I'm sure there are members who have questions about technology for example.

I'd like to see other sections and or threads but I can always visit other forums which I do anyway.

RoyalFlush
10-05-2014, 09:01 PM
Since this is a sex forum, we should talk about sex matters to stay coherent. sammyboyforum for example is a much mature version than syd99.
How about international AR and information section?

Suddenly, im feeling nostalgic. 2-3 years ago when we were still using the old forum we had toey with his interesting questions, filthy rat bro. with his warped humor, The Tiger and his watergate scandal but mainly he is a nice guy, Niceman123 and paulc brotherly love affair, clive3 with his gay predisposition, talkative superchick etc. Even AHL was a newborn baby and IE was still posting after reports. The forum was a lot more livelier then. These days, the forum is filled with high intellect discussions and sometimes arguments. The evolution is completely a 180 degrees change.

John_Matrix
10-05-2014, 09:16 PM
There is a outside of aus general and AR section already. They're not very busy from what I can tell.

How about clearing up the general section for general topics only. By this I mean create a new section for the advertising of wl's and ml's only for those who are interested.

This can leave the general section for things general like what's in the news for example.

Max Impact
10-05-2014, 09:29 PM
IE was posting After Reports lol.

And does anyone know why Niceman was banned?

CunningLinguist
10-05-2014, 10:14 PM

I am sure you (http://forum.aus99.com/showthread.php?39297-Banned-again-and-again-and-again-and-again-and-again-and-again&p=442814#post442814) will be providing us with more of your "interesting" discussions, and if the past is any indication of future performance then there will be much interest in the state of your membership, on the other hand maybe 13 (incarnations) will be your lucky number ...

wilisno
10-05-2014, 10:18 PM
Haha ! You guys got it all wrong ! :miao:

These are not the topics that the OP was after, he's looking for topics like Neil Armstrong of Apollo 11 didn't land on the Moon type of conspiracy debates ! :miao:

AHLUNGOR
10-05-2014, 11:20 PM
We can always talk about racism and Jeremy Clarkson !!

Oneonone
11-05-2014, 09:11 AM
Sounds like you guys are getting desperate what we need is some more ladies like Isis to liven up the show. Ah well if you get too bored you can always go for a punt! Then write a report.

x11
11-05-2014, 12:32 PM
I suspect the Spam from advertiser's has an effect upon the posts. To many topics gets lost in spam.

Oneonone
11-05-2014, 01:34 PM
I suspect the Spam from advertiser's has an effect upon the posts. To many topics gets lost in spam.

Your not wrong but they pay the bills so its not going to change.

CunningLinguist
11-05-2014, 06:25 PM
It's hard to get your mojo back once it is lost ...

MagicToad
11-05-2014, 08:17 PM
It's hard to get your mojo back once it is lost ...

So you agree, the forum does seem to have lost its mojo.
No matter, I feel sure a legend will return to re-invigorate the current status quo.
All in good time.

aussiegaigin
11-05-2014, 10:00 PM

That is what has turned me off this forum. Just too hard to find anything of interest. Using prefixes makes it harder, not easier.

MagicToad
12-05-2014, 12:53 PM
Excessive use of "banning" on the forum engenders a sense of unedifying authoritarian control.
Sooner or later, this behaviour discourages the interest of viewers and the participation of members.

AHLUNGOR
12-05-2014, 02:11 PM
Excessive use of "banning" on the forum engenders a sense of unedifying authoritarian control.
Sooner or later, this behaviour discourages the interest of viewers and the participation of members.

If 10 different users got banned within a shot period of time, then yes, the admin action may be seen as excessive !

But if the same troll or trouble maker got banned 10 times because he kept coming back under different user names. Then it's just consistent and got to be done !

Just my two cents

Cheers

wilisno
12-05-2014, 02:13 PM
Vandals need to be banned to keep the place in order !

pantydropa
12-05-2014, 04:24 PM
That is what has turned me off this forum. Just too hard to find anything of interest. Using prefixes makes it harder, not easier.

Plenty of good info on here.

wilisno
12-05-2014, 04:41 PM
If 10 different users got banned within a shot period of time, then yes, the admin action may be seen as excessive !

But if the same troll or trouble maker got banned 10 times because he kept coming back under different user names. Then it's just consistent and got to be done !

Just my two cents

Cheers
Out of the hundreds who got banned, there are probably less than 10 people behind those names !

MagicToad got 13 names according to CunningLinguist's count ! ;) ;) ;)

Your friend 8inches must be over 30 names ! ;) ;) ;)

CunningLinguist
12-05-2014, 08:39 PM

I was just about to respond to this and then I noticed you were banned ... :)

Bubble & Squeak
12-05-2014, 10:27 PM
I was just about to respond to this and then I noticed you were banned ... :)

Nevertheless, he or she was correct in what they were saying, ie. the forum is clearly stagnating rather badly.

Licker
12-05-2014, 11:23 PM
Nevertheless, he or she was correct in what they were saying, ie. the forum is clearly stagnating rather badly.

And you say that with the plentiful experience of less than 9 hours of being a member?

CunningLinguist
12-05-2014, 11:43 PM
And you say that with the plentiful experience of less than 9 hours of being a member?

Probably another "Long time lurker" ...
Or could it be MagicToad trying his luck for the 14th time ...

wilisno
12-05-2014, 11:45 PM
Probably another "Long time lurker" ...
Or could it be MagicToad trying his luck for the 14th time ...

Haha ! No.14 for sure ! :miao:

Bubble & Squeak
12-05-2014, 11:55 PM

I've been an interested observer for about a year, so I have been able to clearly observe how things play out here.
It's unfortunate, but not surprising, that the opportunity to cultivate a quality forum is not taken by the fearful management.
Perhaps they lack the intestinal fortitude required to operate a more genuinely open forum.

wilisno
13-05-2014, 12:04 AM
I've been an interested observer for about a year, so I have been able to clearly observe how things play out here.
It's unfortunate, but not surprising, that the opportunity to cultivate a quality forum is not taken by the fearful management.
Perhaps they lack the intestinal fortitude required to operate a more genuinely open forum.

Are you speaking with the evenness of both hands, mon ami ?

Licker
13-05-2014, 12:06 AM

And what would in your view constitutes as a "quality forum" and "a more genuinely open forum"?
I'm interested. Tell me what would you like to have as content?
What would you like to have?

wilisno
13-05-2014, 12:08 AM
And what would in your view constitutes as a "quality forum" and "a more genuinely open forum"?
I'm interested. Tell me what would you like to have as content?
What would you like to have?
Oops ! Too late ! :miao:

Licker
13-05-2014, 12:13 AM
Oops ! Too late ! :miao:

Yep :burn:

Though it would have been interesting to hear if there were any actual ideas of how to do things better or how to improve things for all involved, rather than just complaining about the state of matters, which seems to be the mantra of today in all walks of life, not just on the forums.

wilisno
13-05-2014, 12:14 AM
Yep :burn:

Though it would have been interesting to hear if there were any actual ideas of how to do things better or how to improve things for all involved, rather than just complaining about the state of matters, which seems to be the mantra of today in all walks of life, not just on the forums.
Talk about UFO, Apollo Moon landing conspiracy, Elvis is still alive ...

Licker
13-05-2014, 12:30 AM
Talk about UFO, Apollo Moon landing conspiracy, Elvis is still alive ...

no, no, no...
I was after actual ideas of how to do things better or how to improve things for all involved.

Even monkeys learn you know. Slowly though, and some slower than others :)

CunningLinguist
13-05-2014, 09:38 AM
no, no, no...
I was after actual ideas of how to do things better or how to improve things for all involved.

Even monkeys learn you know. Slowly though, and some slower than others :)

Ahh Licker Bro, your are too kind to this dummy, I have tried to reason with him but he has proved hmself to be a troll so best to either ignore him or treat him with disdain, or mock him, he will never learn so no point wasting time on him, except for idle amusement ...

Raybo
13-05-2014, 06:57 PM
The forum is what it is. Occasional off topic threads are okay I guess, but really if you want to discuss something else go join those specific forums. My suggestion is to somehow get more wls and mls contributing. When they do, the threads they post in go off the richter scale!

paulgallen
13-05-2014, 08:03 PM
Most of them aren't very good at English or would rather not occupy themself on a punter site during their downtime.

CunningLinguist
13-05-2014, 09:11 PM
The forum is what it is. Occasional off topic threads are okay I guess, but really if you want to discuss something else go join those specific forums. My suggestion is to somehow get more wls and mls contributing. When they do, the threads they post in go off the richter scale!

I don't think the problem is off topic posts, since this is general talk, the problem with the Toad was his posts were disingenuous, inflammatory, self serving, marketing for his shops, and worst of all was the bad poetry ... :)

wilisno
13-05-2014, 10:05 PM
I don't think the problem is off topic posts, since this is general talk, the problem with the Toad was his posts were disingenuous, inflammatory, self serving, marketing for his shops, and worst of all was the bad poetry ... :)
At least he's downsizing every time, from a lion to a monkey then a toad ! I wonder what the next one would be ... FunnyCockroach followed by AnnoyingFlea ? ;) ;) ;)