PDA

View Full Version : General talk does the forum need some poetry to brighten and enlighten? Have your say comrades....

SmilingGiraffe
21-05-2014, 01:14 AM
Does the forum need a poem or two to brighten and enlighten, what do you think?

YES we need a poem

NO we don't need a poem

Democracy at work.....beautiful.

AHLUNGOR
21-05-2014, 01:27 AM
SG will be banned in.........taking bets:

Odds are:

Within the next 24 hr: 2 to 1 on!

Inside two days : even money!

Within a week: 3-1

Within two weeks: 10-1

Within one month: 17-1

Never be banned: 100-1

Good luck

And may the odds be forever in your favour !

RoyalFlush
21-05-2014, 01:48 AM
*setting up stall*

Ear muffs @ $1.00
100% opaque sleeping patch @ $1.50
Bricks @ $10.00

Get it, get it while it lasts!

wilisno
21-05-2014, 01:56 AM
*setting up stall*

Ear muffs @ $1.00
Bricks @ $10.00

Whoa ! Look at the queue ! :miao:

You're an opportunist brother, you should be the one to run the country, no doubt you need a loan to buy machinery, running marketing campaign, material to manufacture the ear muffs etc etc. look at the big picture, don't worry if you're in the red for a short period of time. Although in this case, you'll get your investment back soon enough ! :miao:

SmilingGiraffe
21-05-2014, 11:55 AM
*setting up stall*

Ear muffs @ $1.00
Bricks @ $10.00

There would seem to be some ambiguity and confusion, you have haven't voted either way on the need for poetry.
If you take the trouble to comment, have the courage of your convictions to clearly vote either way.

YES for poetry

No against poetry

SmilingGiraffe
21-05-2014, 02:13 PM
There would seem to be some ambiguity and confusion, you have haven't voted either way on the need for poetry.
If you take the trouble to comment, have the courage of your convictions to clearly vote either way.

YES for poetry

No against poetry

Sextus, Sextus, where for art thou Sextus?

Sextus
21-05-2014, 05:43 PM
It sounds like you need a nice poem to help you reflect, think and relax...I'll see what I can do for you PP/JS

I think "UglyGorilla" is a distant cousin of mine - I wonder if he's a poet?

Well you have been hinting at it for a while so you'd better bring one on to relieve the suspense.

I figure, given your appeal above, that it might take a very slender few votes to encourage you smiling giraffe (I see your Omegaman lived up to his namesake's fate - ref: Chuck Heston's filmography.) It might only need my one vote in fact - well you have that. Hey! if a good proportion of my enjoyment of your poetry may border on ironic, the other proportion admires the genuine effort and thought that goes into them.

But I'm still even now trying to digest the subterranean power of your last contribution - the immortal The Ravens! :shout:

http://i92.photobucket.com/albums/l5/waveflows/THE_RAVEN_BY_POE_zpse633e1b3.jpg (http://s92.photobucket.com/user/waveflows/media/THE_RAVEN_BY_POE_zpse633e1b3.jpg.html)

SmilingGiraffe
21-05-2014, 06:48 PM
Well you have been hinting at it for a while so you'd better bring one on to relieve the suspense.

I figure, given your appeal above, that it might take a very slender few votes to encourage you smiling giraffe (I see your Omegaman lived up to his namesake's fate - ref: Chuck Heston's filmography.) It might only need my one vote in fact - well you have that. Hey! if a good proportion of my enjoyment of your poetry may border on ironic, the other proportion admires the genuine effort and thought that goes into them.

But I'm still even now trying to digest the subterranean power of your last contribution - the immortal The Ravens! :shout:

So, as the voting currently stands, 100% are in favour of some poetry on the forum. However, only 1 unambiguous vote has been cast to date.
Voting closes at 9pm tonight. Accordingly, I shall patiently await the result, and hopefully declare it soon after 9pm tonight.

Good onya Sextus.......

Licker
21-05-2014, 07:33 PM
NO!

and thus the percentage is even (hands down). :thirst:

at least

plus those who are waiting for the drama that typically follows poetry on this forum.

wannabe
21-05-2014, 07:40 PM
No no no, spare us of that torture please

SmilingGiraffe
21-05-2014, 07:40 PM
[B][and thus the percentage is even (hands down). :thirst:

at least

plus those who are waiting for the drama that typically follows poetry on this forum.

Sounds like their could be a hung parliament on this matter,
and I seem to recall you enjoying a couple of the previous poems,
does my memory fail me dear fellow?

CunningLinguist
21-05-2014, 07:44 PM
*uck no ....!

SmilingGiraffe
21-05-2014, 09:05 PM
*uck no ....!

The ambiguous spelling renders this an invalid vote.....

wilisno
21-05-2014, 09:16 PM
You poor thing must have been a neglected child in your childhood, that why you yearn for attention so desperately ! By responding to this thread, it should have soothed your pain to some degree.

But I still have to say, in no uncertain term, the answer is no. I repeat, my vote is NO !

Oneonone
21-05-2014, 09:26 PM

No is no or does it need to be in capitals "NO"

uglyphil
21-05-2014, 09:36 PM

I agree Oneonone, CunningLinguist spelt "no" quite unambiguously.

However, I truly doubt that the long-necked grinner actually believes in democracy anyway, so I tend to think this voting is entirely moot. He tends to favour the fascist side of things, not democracy. This will eventually be shown by him ignoring any votes he disagrees with, or creating a crapload of more aliases (his particular fetish, it seems) simply to vote in his favour.

But just in case there is chance he isn't a politician and will keep his word, I vote NO.

And in languages he might be familiar with I also say nein, het and non!

SmilingGiraffe
21-05-2014, 09:36 PM
You poor thing must have been a neglected child in your childhood, that why you yearn for attention so desperately ! By responding to this thread, it should have soothed your pain to some degree.

But I still have to say, in no uncertain term, the answer is no. I repeat, my vote is NO !

Well, if I was a neglected child, it would have been in my childhood I reckon, I couldn't have been a neglected child in my adulthood.

By the way, are you sure you didn't misspell "YES" with a "No"

And I thought you were starting to like me....oh well.

CunningLinguist
21-05-2014, 09:54 PM

Once more for the dummy: NO

Sextus
21-05-2014, 10:04 PM

Oneonone is an anagram of no,no,no -ee! :cool2:

Everyone's a critic these days.

Well if poetry grows out of passion, negative or positive, there is plenty of that for you to harvest here!

greybeard_
21-05-2014, 10:50 PM
Captain Plough. Spare us your pretentious banal drivel.

SmilingGiraffe
21-05-2014, 11:28 PM
Captain Plough. Spare us your pretentious banal drivel.

This is not a legitimate vote for two reasons:

Firstly, it was posted after 9pm, the closing time for the vote,

secondly, there is no definitive "Yes" or "No" which is a pre-requisite.

SmilingGiraffe
21-05-2014, 11:43 PM
Ladyboys & Gentlemen,

The count has been undertaken, and the result can now be declared.
The votes were counted at 10pm, I demanded a recount, and following the recount the results are:

Yes - 1 - 14.3%
No - 6 - 85.7%

It was a fair and legitimate election. Accordingly, the results should be adhered to by all parties.

On the basis of "proportional representation," 14.3% of the vote equates to 1 poem per 7 days.
Accordingly, the proponent will not submit any more than one poem per week to the forum.

The people have spoken, as it is spoken so shall it be written, as it is written so shall it be done.

It's a beautiful day.......