PDA

View Full Version : General talk Dumb Ways to Lie.

waynekerr
02-06-2014, 10:34 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JE9ZTtMjFsI

If this wasn't so true it would be fuckin' hilarious.

WayneK.

harmony
03-06-2014, 12:17 AM
http://news.ninemsn.com.au/entertainment/2014/06/02/17/59/prime-minister-tony-abbott-mocked-on-us-talk-show

A little unfair ?

Massageguy
03-06-2014, 10:46 AM
No offence Guys,
But on this forum , I don't give a shit what your opinions on politics are !!!!!!!
However I do value your opinions on which girls are the hottest in the sack....

Just my opinion !!!!!

Wayne
03-06-2014, 11:15 AM

WayneK.

Abbott, Liberal Party fund raisers, private vocational colleges and unlicensed brothels - there is a web which is soon to be exposed. Even the Murdoch press are interested. If you want to see the current stage of the investigation, check out:

https://newmatilda.com/2014/05/30/chief-liberal-fundraiser-linked-private-college-donations

one of the blokes named in the above article was responsible for getting Abbott his preselection. And - of great interest to readers of this forum - his college is a principle visa route for women working in Sydney brothels. Federal politics is about to get very interesting indeed.

harmony
03-06-2014, 12:32 PM
Massageguy, there is sometimes overlap between life, pleasure, pain, and politics. Unavoidable

My post and link was an observation about how other countries see our leaders. (Of course the USA cant criticise anyone too much, given their issues)

But I do agree that supporting a specific political viewpoint should be avoided. Gets very boring and very divisive very quickly

We now resume normal transmission

Massageguy
03-06-2014, 02:02 PM
I have only made this point, because it doesn't matter what you turn on these days, somebody is shoving politics in your face with tv and social media.
Can't I go to a sex forum and just have fun without this crap in my face as well.......

Wayne
03-06-2014, 02:14 PM
I have only made this point, because it doesn't matter what you turn on these days, somebody is shoving politics in your face with tv and social media.
Can't I go to a sex forum and just have fun without this crap in my face as well.......

you don't have to read it...is the standard response. But I think harmony's point is valid: that there is an overlap between sex, politics, pleasure, pain that is unavoidable.

Just take the subject of this forum as an example. When did these forums spring up? In the late 1990s when Asian brothels replaced the Caucasian knocking shops. Why did Asian-staffed brothels become more popular? I'd say the major reason was price - the Asian shops offered much better sex at half the price. How? Because they could recruit women who came to Australia on student visas. And how did this come about? Because Prime Minister Howard changed the visa laws to encourage private vocational colleges.

There is an argument that this very forum is here because of Howard's politics.

TastefulHumper
03-06-2014, 02:51 PM

I know exactly how you feel, and I really do sympathise with you.
There's a good thread about pretty chicks and quality sandwiches, that's gotta be more appropriate.

Wayne
03-06-2014, 03:19 PM
readers, please note. If you want to discuss the issues set out in the first few posts on this thread then please, please ignore any of the provocations by the latest incarnation of our forum's village idiot. Don't quote him, just ignore him. He will be banned sooner, rather than later, after he has insulted someone or said something offensive. He has a long history of subverting discussions and annoying people.

I make this plea because I reckon there are some interesting things to discuss here.

wilisno
03-06-2014, 03:35 PM
There's a good thread about pretty chicks and quality sandwiches, that's gotta be more appropriate.
Guess who started the Joe Kockey Budget thread ? ;) ;) ;)

Sorry Wayne, I posted the above paragraph before I read your post. Yes, if he makes things controversy he will be banned again !

harmony
03-06-2014, 03:43 PM
I agree Wayne
There is only one thing more tedious than politics, and that is having to read people responding to trolls

I have never responded to a troll, or referred to them before

In fact I have never used the 't' word before because the word itself is tedious
Communicating with them in any way is tedious and unnecessary, and actually this gives them the attention they lack in their real lives

Its obviously a neverending problem, and boring at that.
Can we just agree to:
1)Ignore any posts by obvious transgressors
2)Not reply to them, or go on and on about them on the same thread, particularly the threads they they start
3)Report therm immediately to the Administrator to have them removed
There have been some serious allegations made against a few of these people, hence they do need to be brought to the attention of Administration sooner not later
By all means notify everyone of the motives of the more serious ones, but only in a dedicated thread, as a senior already has done

Maybe what is required is simply reminding people the best way to contact Administration, so these people are identified and recognised quickly by management

wilisno
03-06-2014, 03:45 PM
There is only one thing more tedious than politics and that is having to read about people responding to trolls

I have never responded to a troll, or referred to them before

In fact I have never used the t word before because the word itself is tedious

Can we just agree to:
1)Ignore any posts by obvious transgressors
2)Report therm to the Administrator to have them removed
3)Not go on and on about them on the same thread. It is tedious and unnecessary, and actually this gives them the attention they lack in their real lives
Some trolls need to be pushed to show their true colours, that how we exposed them and put them on the black list !

harmony
03-06-2014, 03:57 PM
"Some trolls need to be pushed to show their true colours, that how we exposed them and put them on the black list !"

I defer to your experience wilisno
But outing them with "pushing" obviously doesnt work, since they come back for more attention under another pseudonym
To onlookers like me, it just looks like a baiting match, and the attention and aggression you show them can only be a motivation for the transgressors

Starve them of attention, and notify Administration
Most of the recent transgressors (new members by the way) stick out like the proverbial dogs b*lls
This description of the transgressors, outlines the behaviour that is not tolerated here, behaviour the transgressors cant help but repeat in an addicted fashion
http://forum.aus99.com/showthread.php?39297-Banned-again-and-again-and-again-and-again-and-again-and-again&highlight=banned

A warning email from Administration to potential troublemakers, outlining all of the behaviours not tolerated on here, is enough.
Further transgressions lead to banning. Keep people on a short leash
IMHO

wilisno
03-06-2014, 04:08 PM
"Some trolls need to be pushed to show their true colours, that how we exposed them and put them on the black list !"

I defer to your experience wilisno
But outing them with "pushing" obviously doesnt work, since they come back for more attention under another pseudonym
To onlookers like me, it just looks like a baiting match, which can only be a motivation for the transgressors

Starve them of attention, and notify Administration
Most of the recent transgressors (new members by the way) stick out like the proverbial dogs b*lls
The excellent description by a senior on a dedicated post outlines the behaviour that is not tolerated here, behaviour the transgressors cant help but show
Starve them of attention !

Totally agreed, but first you have to expose them !

As for them coming back under a different name, it only takes admin 15 seconds to ban them again, so they should be exposed.

harmony
03-06-2014, 04:11 PM
"Totally agreed, but first you have to expose them !"

Come on ! I have resisted the need to describe the behaviour, but unfortunately I have to now .... a new member whos first thread involves poetry, and is offending others, and is clearly being provocative with subsequent posts, doesnt need to be given oxygen, and doesnt need to be "exposed"
If its obvious they have been here before under another name, and are continuing the same behaviour, Admin needs to give them a warning, or ban them.
Other provocative behaviour like discussing you have STI symptoms and then posting reviews is also clearly troublesome

To most members on here more than a few months, these transgressors stick out like dogs b*lls
Antagonising them for the sake of 'exposing them' is unnecessary in many cases, and counterproductive

Just notify Administration, and after a few more similar incriminating posts, then clearly they need to be banned
I think Administration are doing a good job, and we have only a few true dickh**ds on here, far outweighed by sincere people

As I said earlier, a early warning email from Administration to potential troublemakers, that they are on notice
The email outlines the behaviours not tolerated on here

I havent been on here that long, but its not hard to recognise peoples motives if they have been on here many times before under many different pseudonyms

My point is that I have NEVER replied to a transgressor, nor contributed to the threads they start, nor referred to them. All these things give them the oxygen they crave

Its evident that the more you reply and "expose" and give them attention, and stir up confrontation with these people, the more they feel self important, get satisfaction, and want to return under another name
Also, the mere confronting directly with transgressors makes them want to confront you again in the future, a theme of retaliation often spurs on their motivation
This retaliation is part of the reason they return over and over

Actually, they crave attention, and often also crave the confrontation, and of course sometimes have other agendas which have been well described on a dedicated thread

If a mosquito continues to interrupt your BBQ, dont shout at it. Just pull out the Mortein guys

This is my last comment on the matter, these transgressors do NOT deserve any attention, and there are way more interesting issues to pay attention to
The fact that fellow members get caught up in the act like flies on flypaper is just tedious
Its 2014, lets all be much wiser in our dealing with this issue

The truth lies somewhere between wilisno and Harmonys viewpoints !

waynekerr
03-06-2014, 04:41 PM
No offence Guys,
But on this forum , I don't give a shit what your opinions on politics are !!!!!!!
However I do value your opinions on which girls are the hottest in the sack....

Just my opinion !!!!!

Firstly; No offence taken.

Secondly; This thread was not started as an opinion piece. It is a light-hearted diversion because at
the time a couple of other threads were heating up a bit more than usual. (Now this one is!)

Yes, I would support a dung beetle before a Lib / Nat but I don't have any time for the other mob
either. If you would care to read the Hockey thread (started by a troll btw) you will see I referred
to the ALP as gutless bastards and I wouldn't piss on them if they were on fire.

We are in the General Talk section and I don't think it would be right for me to say which subjects
should or should not be discussed and nor I believe, should any other member. This is an open
forum.

No offence meant, we all have our views.

WayneK.

Wayne
03-06-2014, 04:45 PM
Guess who started the Joe Kockey Budget thread ? ;) ;) ;)

he has made it clear he has an extreme rightwing agenda. He does not just quote authors beloved by some of the most infamous psychopaths of the 20th century, he uses the time honoured techniques of baiters.

Sorry Wayne, I posted the above paragraph before I read your post. Yes, if he makes things controversy he will be banned again !

Controversy should be ok. I reckon its healthy to debate issues and look at all sides of an argument. But he does not play by any accepted rules. His tactic, and again it is the one of the politically extreme right, is to subvert all rational discussion. Logic is his greatest enemy. Going back years, on all these sex forums, what has always exposed him are his elemental contradictions. He simply can't sustain an argument. As soon as someone points out the absurdity of his position then he reverts to abuse or subversion.

This thread is a classic example. Its about politics. Some punters don't want to talk about politics on a sex forum: fair enough. But there are some who do. And our village idiot's tactic is to subvert. He has already been successful. Now the conversation is not about Abbott's corruption, his links to student visa rorts and brothels, but instead about managing a troll on this forum. This achieves exactly what a baiter wants. I reckon the best way to handle him is to cut his account as soon as it becomes obvious it is him, ignore his provocations and never respond directly.

harmony
03-06-2014, 04:49 PM
Wayne. Give no oxygen. Cheers !
If things stick out like dogs b***s, contact Admin

Wayne
03-06-2014, 04:49 PM
Firstly; No offence taken.

Secondly; This thread was not started as an opinion piece. It is a light-hearted diversion because at
the time a couple of other threads were heating up a bit more than usual. (Now this one is!)

Yes, I would support a dung beetle before a Lib / Nat but I don't have any time for the other mob
either. If you would care to read the Hockey thread (started by a troll btw) you will see I referred
to the ALP as gutless bastards and I wouldn't piss on them if they were on fire.

We are in the General Talk section and I don't think it would be right for me to say which subjects
should or should not be discussed and nor I believe, should any other member. This is an open
forum.

No offence meant, we all have our views.

WayneK.

you may have meant it as light hearted but your video gives me a heavy heart. That's is why I posted that link about abbott's corruption that is about to hit the fan.

waynekerr
03-06-2014, 04:57 PM
you may have meant it as light hearted but your video gives me a heavy heart.

Yeah well,

I said "If this wasn't so true it would be fuckin' hilarious."

WayneK.

wilisno
03-06-2014, 05:14 PM
"Totally agreed, but first you have to expose them !"

Come on ! I have resisted the need to describe the behaviour, but unfortunately I have to now .... a new member whos first thread involves poetry, doesnt need to be given oxygen, and doesnt need to be "exposed"
Other provocative behaviour like discussing you have STI symptoms and then posting reviews is also clearly troublesome

To most members on here more than a few months, these transgressors stick out like dogs b*lls
Antagonising them for the sake of 'exposing them' is unnecessary in many cases, and counterproductive

Just notify Administration, and after a few more similar incriminating posts, then clearly they need to be banned
I think Administration are doing a good job, and we have only a few true dickh**ds on here, far outweighed by sincere people

As I said earlier, a early warning email from Administration to potential troublemakers, that they are on notice
The email outlines the behaviours not tolerated on here

I havent been on here that long, but its not hard to recognise peoples motives if they have been on here many times before under many different pseudonyms

My point is that I have NEVER replied to a transgressor, nor contributed to the threads they start, nor referred to them. All these things give them the oxygen they crave

Its evident that the more you reply and "expose" and give them attention, and stir up confrontation with these people, the more they feel self important, get satisfaction, and want to return under another name
Also, the mere confronting directly with transgressors makes them want to confront you again in the future, a theme of retaliation often spurs on their motivation
This retaliation is part of the reason they return over and over

Actually, they crave attention, and often also crave the confrontation, and of course sometimes have other agendas which have been well described on a dedicated thread

If a mosquito continues to interrupt your BBQ, dont shout at it. Just pull out the Mortein guys

This is my last comment on the matter, these transgressors do NOT deserve any attention, and there are way more interesting issues to pay attention to

The truth lies somewhere between wilisno and Harmonys viewpoints !
If you say that new member was only posting poetry and not offending anyone, it only proves that I was right when I said you know so little about what's going on on this forum, yet you continue to sound like an expert of everything !

Let me enlighten you, that troll has been banned for 18 times so far, go figure !

This is a public forum, a post or an opinion like yours remains a post and an opinion, it's not the law ! You want to starve a troll of attention, so do I, and I tried to ignore him the best I can, but he kept provoking and challenging my response !

You can't stop people posting what they want, not even Admin can, as in the case of illegal advertisers, although banned but they are still doing ambush advertising here and there !

So we do have to expose them sometimes !

harmony
03-06-2014, 05:31 PM
Wilisno
"If you say that new member was only posting poetry and not offending anyone, it only proves that I was right when I said you know so little about what's going on on this forum, yet you continue to sound like an expert of everything !"

Im fully aware of how offensive these transgressors are
And we have all read CLs thread:
http://forum.aus99.com/showthread.php?39297-Banned-again-and-again-and-again-and-again-and-again-and-again&highlight=banned

But dont give them oxygen
And confrontation doesnt work, and is counterproductive, as evidenced by the recurrence of the problem
IMHO

wilisno
03-06-2014, 05:38 PM
Wilisno
"If you say that new member was only posting poetry and not offending anyone, it only proves that I was right when I said you know so little about what's going on on this forum, yet you continue to sound like an expert of everything !"

Im fully aware of how offensive these transgressors are
But dont give them oxygen
Read my reply to you !!!

I said I did try to ignore him, but he kept provoking and challenging my response ! Even with pm !

Moreover, as I said, we all have to help to expose trolls, just like the red hot one at the moment, UpdOWN, he's showing his true colours now thanks to the responses of members, including yourself, so we can see a ban is coming on !

harmony
03-06-2014, 05:41 PM
"he's showing his true colours now thanks to the responses of members"

Agreed with you there
You know Admin well, and Im sure you can easily let Admin know about these people quickly

IMHO, by naming him, you give him oxygen and a notoriety/status that will motivate him to return under another name
I have never and will never refer to these people by name, because thats one way to give them the attention they crave

And the guy with the poetry, its obvious he is a troublemaker, without having to confront him on the forum
As I said, in one of his personas, it stuck out like dogs b***s. No need to confront him to give him the attention he craves. Just report him.

But overall I agree with you that certain behaviours here arent acceptable

wilisno
03-06-2014, 05:52 PM
"he's showing his true colours now thanks to the responses of members"

Agreed with you there
You know Admin well, and Im sure you can easily let Admin know about these people quickly

IMHO, by naming him, you give him oxygen and a notoriety/status that will motivate him to return under another name
I have never and will never refer to these people by name, because thats one way to give them the attention they crave

And the guy with the poetry, its obvious he is a troublemaker, without having to confront him on the forum

But overall I agree with you that certain behaviours here arent acceptable

You're right, I can contact Admin, but I would prefer to give him a chance if he's not annoying people, if we just ban all ex-trolls, a lot more has to go !

harmony
03-06-2014, 05:55 PM
Anyway, Ive had my say, you will have your say (you always like the final word I've noticed), then lets leave it at that
We have given far too much oxygen to the issue already IMHO

I support you if your confrontation tactics succeed in stopping these people from returning under new names
Otherwise my tactic of not giving them oxygen, not replying to them, not posting in their threads, and informing Administration, has merit

wilisno
03-06-2014, 05:58 PM
Anyway, Ive had my say, you will have your say (you always like the final word I've noticed), then lets leave it at that

I support you if your confrontation tactics succeed in stopping these people from returning under new names
Otherwise my tactic of not giving them oxygen, not replying to them, not posting in their threads, and informing Administration, has merit

You can't just give your grand opinion and expect others to abide by it, of course I will tell you what wrong with it !

Replying to you is already giving you too much oxygen already !

uglyphil
03-06-2014, 06:12 PM

WayneK.

Thanks Wayne, I loved this :)

uglyphil
03-06-2014, 06:15 PM
http://news.ninemsn.com.au/entertainment/2014/06/02/17/59/prime-minister-tony-abbott-mocked-on-us-talk-show

A little unfair ?

I have to say that my respect for Malcolm Turnbull has grown somewhat after he called Bolt "demented" (just saying what we already know really)....

Bolt was on The Project last night and Peter Hellier showed part of this video. Steve Price got all huffy about it and Peter said one sentence to him that for me won the night...

"He said all these things, right?"

So no, not unfair at all, I think.

Wayne
03-06-2014, 07:03 PM
I have to say that my respect for Malcolm Turnbull has grown somewhat after he called Bolt "demented" (just saying what we already know really)....

Bolt was on The Project last night and Peter Hellier showed part of this video. Steve Price got all huffy about it and Peter said one sentence to him that for me won the night...

"He said all these things, right?"

So no, not unfair at all, I think.

Bolt is a baiter (very much like our own one on this forum). I agree with you that Turnbull gets kudos for calling the fool for what he is. It seems like it is part of a leadership bid. Abbott's shambolic reign appears to have a very limited life span. What will give the final indication his time is up is when Murdoch starts running negative stories about him. And I predict that will begin very shortly.

CunningLinguist
03-06-2014, 09:35 PM

Gee that's rich coming from you, you are one of the main offenders of shoving politics down peoples throats ...
Don't you have any shame, oh i almost forgot you are a shit stirring troll... (http://forum.aus99.com/showthread.php?39297-Banned-again-and-again-and-again-and-again-and-again-and-again)

CunningLinguist
03-06-2014, 09:46 PM
he has made it clear he has an extreme rightwing agenda. He does not just quote authors beloved by some of the most infamous psychopaths of the 20th century, he uses the time honoured techniques of baiters.

Controversy should be ok. I reckon its healthy to debate issues and look at all sides of an argument. But he does not play by any accepted rules. His tactic, and again it is the one of the politically extreme right, is to subvert all rational discussion. Logic is his greatest enemy. Going back years, on all these sex forums, what has always exposed him are his elemental contradictions. He simply can't sustain an argument. As soon as someone points out the absurdity of his position then he reverts to abuse or subversion.

This thread is a classic example. Its about politics. Some punters don't want to talk about politics on a sex forum: fair enough. But there are some who do. And our village idiot's tactic is to subvert. He has already been successful. Now the conversation is not about Abbott's corruption, his links to student visa rorts and brothels, but instead about managing a troll on this forum. This achieves exactly what a baiter wants. I reckon the best way to handle him is to cut his account as soon as it becomes obvious it is him, ignore his provocations and never respond directly.

Very well said, I agree, mostly.
I like this so much I am going to link to it on the banned thread: here (http://forum.aus99.com/showthread.php?39297-Banned-again-and-again-and-again-and-again-and-again-and-again)!

CunningLinguist
03-06-2014, 09:52 PM
Bolt is a baiter (very much like our own one on this forum). I agree with you that Turnbull gets kudos for calling the fool for what he is. It seems like it is part of a leadership bid. Abbott's shambolic reign appears to have a very limited life span. What will give the final indication his time is up is when Murdoch starts running negative stories about him. And I predict that will begin very shortly.

Yes Bolt is a baiter and a troll. The way he talks is so contrived, it makes me wonder why anyone listens to him ...

CunningLinguist
03-06-2014, 09:56 PM

Sometims the troll flies under the radar and attempts to trick people and take advantage of their good nature and ply his bullshit, I don't think we should let him get away with it. So he needs to be exposed sometimes. Lately he hasn't been trying to hard to pretend he is someone else. Maybe after getting banned 20 times (http://forum.aus99.com/showthread.php?39297-Banned-again-and-again-and-again-and-again-and-again-and-again) he has finally started to learn that we are on to him ...

TastefulHumper
03-06-2014, 09:59 PM
Gee that's rich coming from you, you are one of the main offenders of shoving politics down peoples throats ...
Don't you have any shame, oh i almost forgot you are a shit stirring troll... (http://forum.aus99.com/showthread.php?39297-Banned-again-and-again-and-again-and-again-and-again-and-again)

In all sincerity, I do not shove politics down anyone's throat. Occasionally I raise an issue, just like the Budget,
which has a direct imact on punters' lives. The strategic or philosophical issue is quite interesting, but the political
detail is almost irrelevant to me, ie 1.2% growth in GDP or 2.4% cut in Health - this is just very boring detail. However, the
classical philosophies underpinning the various arguments, on all sides, reflect the human condition & psychology. The
human condition is quite complex, relatively speaking, and has many parts including the sexual/sensual part, which itself
may well be a significant factor in determining the philosophy of life we choose to espouse.

CunningLinguist
03-06-2014, 10:11 PM
In all sincerity, I do not shove politics down anyone's throat. Occasionally I raise an issue, just like the Budget,
which has a direct imact on punters' lives. The strategic or philosophical issue is quite interesting, but the political
detail is almost irrelevant to me, ie 1.2% growth in GDP or 2.4% cut in Health - this is just very boring detail. However, the
classical philosophies underpinning the various arguments, on all sides, reflect the human condition & psychology. The
human condition is quite complex, relatively speaking, and has many parts including the sexual/sensual part, which itself
may well be a significant factor in determining the philosophy of life we choose to espouse.

In case anyone is wondering what the troll just said, he said this:

Yes, nothing, he said nothing...

uglyphil
04-06-2014, 02:05 AM
Yes Bolt is a baiter and a troll. The way he talks is so contrived, it makes me wonder why anyone listens to him ...

Very few actually do.

His show is one of the lowest rating on TV (but cheap to produce, fills an unwanted timeslot and fulfills some quota requirements for Ten - as well as keeping some of their major share holders - Gina et al - happy). And his column is in a newspaper that is rapidly losing readership both in paper form and on line.

The people that do read him are the same rusted on fascists that are so close to death as to be irrelevant anyway. Basically the same people who listen to
Jones. It is just unfortunate that he has managed to crawl up the arse of Abbott and co so far that they are willing to sell their souls to him for the few miserable votes he might bring in - the fact that they are willing to turn the clock backwards on racial vilification laws purely to support him is one of the saddest aspects of the current government :(

waynekerr
04-06-2014, 08:50 PM

A little unfair ?

That clip is so funny!

Obviously Tony doesn't have his earpiece in so Peta Credlin can't tell him what to say.

WayneK.

Bigfoot
05-06-2014, 03:25 AM
Funny as

real funny cause it's true LOL