PDA

View Full Version : General talk State of Origin, 2014 series, can the wounded Maroons still make it 9 in a row? Yes !

AHLUNGOR
11-06-2014, 01:18 AM
Losing Cooper Cronk after 10 min in Game I was a huge lost ! But in the end, there was only two penalty goals in it!

Now the wounded Maroons not only lost Cronk, potentially they could also lose Slater and/or Cherry Evans and even Inglis is in some doubt !

So with their backs to the wall , can they still win Game II in Sydney and force a game III decider back at Suncorp ??

Yes we can !!

Never write off a champion side !!

Go Queensland !!

novi
11-06-2014, 09:00 AM
Well brother ALG..

With NSW team having many injuries you could be right.. My money is down for the blue to win 3-0 having doubt now..
But I recon they will win the series but..
Well history shows that who won the first game have a good chance to win the series.

Go go the blue

AHLUNGOR
11-06-2014, 09:44 AM
Well brother ALG..

With NSW team having many injuries you could be right.. My money is down for the blue to win 3-0 having doubt now..
But I recon they will win the series but..
Well history shows that who won the first game have a good chance to win the series.

Go go the blue

Twice in the past eight years the Maroons had come from one nil down and win the series !!

Neither Thurston or Smith had a big game in Suncorp, if they lift, anything is possible !!

11 of the fit Maroons visited the western inland town of Longreach to lift the spirit of a rugby league town devastated by severe drought (home town of Matt Scott nearby and his junior club!) the Origin honour may mean that little bit more to the Queenslanders than the people down south! I am sure Scott will have a big game in Sydney . He'll do it for his people !!

Just my two cents, 800km west of Rockhamton !

Go Queensland !

novi
11-06-2014, 10:20 AM
well we just have to see then brother ALG..

either way im be smash up on the 18th of june... heading to the game got free ticket..

but earlier than that the world cup is starting this friday.. hope all my punting goes well.

AHLUNGOR
11-06-2014, 10:56 AM
well we just have to see then brother ALG..

either way im be smash up on the 18th of june... heading to the game got free ticket..

but earlier than that the world cup is starting this friday.. hope all my punting goes well.

Australia is $9.00 against Chile and if we can score a goal, the losing bet get refunded !

So I'll be puting a $50 down for a win and a $50 for Timmy Cahill to score a goal !!

Go the Aussie !!

AHLUNGOR
11-06-2014, 02:41 PM
Now that we have lost Corey Parker as well, the Maroons should get a even better price now !!

AHLUNGOR
11-06-2014, 03:26 PM
With T - Rex out and now we have got the Coal Train back in the side, we have got some more Size !!

AHLUNGOR
12-06-2014, 02:17 PM
How many Maroons will be out before the Queensland team declared a no chance for Game 2 ??

We have already lost Cronk and Parker

If we lost Slater - things will get very tough.

If we lost Cherry-Evans, we will need a minor miracle.

If we lost Inglis, might have to concede this one to the Blues.

AHLUNGOR
16-06-2014, 03:56 PM
OK, the line up Queensland can field on Wednesday night is a bit clearer now, it's great that both Slater and Inglis should take their places.

Big question mark still hangs over Cherry Evans' head, while big Mal is keeping his cards close to his big chest, my gut feel is that DCE will play, and will be the starting half back for the Maroons, if he can play for 20-30 minutes and dominated the Blues half like what he did in the Manly/Dogs game where the Eagles won 32-10 ! He could well be coming off at half time when it's all but settled.

Benny Hunt and then takes over and follow Thurston's lead around the park !!

One must remain hopeful and positive, right !!

Cheers

Go Queenslanders !!

:shout:

novi
16-06-2014, 04:25 PM
Slater back for game 2,so it will be a interesting game

AHLUNGOR
17-06-2014, 04:19 PM
Looks like Slater and Inglis can both play !!

We will know for sure this afternoon after the training session if Cherry Evans is good enough to take the field, if he is playing, whether he is 80%-100% or not, Benny Hunt will get a bench spot just to cover for him.

If DCE is ruled out completely, then Ben Hunt will make his Origin debut at no. 7 and that will be one almighty task for him as a rookie !! but then again, both no. 6 and 7 from the Blues were making their run on side for the first time in game 1, so we will not know until we give it a go. At least Benny will have his Brisbane team mates in Thaiday, Gillett and Hodges all around him.

I think this game is too important to risk any player who is only half fit. If DCE is not 100%, it's better to start Benny then have a 4 forwards bench with Teo, Lillyman, McQueen and the Queensland Coal Train !!

Let's do this !!

Go Queenslanders !!

:shout::shout:

AHLUNGOR
18-06-2014, 12:24 PM
The time has come, can NSW win tonight and win back the interstate shield ??

Or can the Queenland champions raise to the occasion one more time to deny the Blues a victory at home and take the series to a decider back at Suncorp ??

We will soon find out !!

For my money, I think Queensland is due for a big game and a big scoreline: Queensland to win by 13+, both Inglis and Boyd to score a double, and either Thurston or Cherry Evans will get Man of Match !!

Go Queenslanders !!

Oi, Oi, Oi

:shout::shout::shout:

wilisno
18-06-2014, 11:24 PM
Up the Mighty Blues ! :miao:

John_Matrix
18-06-2014, 11:26 PM
GO NSW! The better won! you could really see how the pressure got to JT. I have hardly ever seen him loose his cool as he did with Reynolds.

pantydropa
18-06-2014, 11:31 PM
All qlder's SUCK ON A BIG FAT COCK!!
NSW 2014 State of Origin winners!

The time has come, can NSW win tonight and win back the interstate shield ??

Or can the Queenland champions raise to the occasion one more time to deny the Blues a victory at home and take the series to a decider back at Suncorp ??

We will soon find out !!

For my money, I think Queensland is due for a big game and a big scoreline: Queensland to win by 13+, both Inglis and Boyd to score a double, and either Thurston or Cherry Evans will get Man of Match !!

Go Queenslanders !!

Oi, Oi, Oi

:shout::shout::shout:

mak695
18-06-2014, 11:50 PM
All qlder's SUCK ON A BIG FAT COCK!!
NSW 2014 State of Origin winners!

Wow really? That really shows your maturity. Dont see us QLDERS saying that after we beat use the last 8 origins

pantydropa
19-06-2014, 12:03 AM
Wow really? That really shows your maturity. Dont see us QLDERS saying that after we beat use the last 8 origins

Did you know that it's rude to talk with your mouth full ;)

AHLUNGOR
19-06-2014, 01:09 AM
Up the Mighty Blues ! :miao:

Congratulations to NSW and all the Blues supporters !

Enjoy the moment!

Cheers

uglyphil
19-06-2014, 01:38 AM
Agreed. It had to happen sooner or later.

Congrats NSW.

AHLUNGOR
19-06-2014, 11:08 AM
QLD lost !

But after checking all my bets, I was only down $50!

My head to head bet got refunded by Sportsbet!

My line bet with QLD +3.5 actually won ! Which nearly covered all the losing bets on QLD 13+, and all the try scorers and man of the match bets !

I hope not too many NSW brothers had taken the line with NSW -3.5! It's not a good feeling when you won the game but lost your bet ........haha

Bring on game III , I like to see QLD blood some young players like Ben Hunt, Will Chambers or even resting Slater and put Inglis at full back and have some fun!

Just a thought

Sextus
19-06-2014, 11:09 AM
Because Hayne stripped the ball off Thaiday in a two man tackle, shouldn't it have been a penalty try?

AHLUNGOR
19-06-2014, 11:42 AM
Because Hayne stripped the ball off Thaiday in a two man tackle, shouldn't it have been a penalty try?

Those are the crucial moments that defined a series !

If Thaiday had better ball security , that's a six pointed and leading by 10-0, the game is won!

Also the Cherry Evans kick right before half time but Reynolds put his foot there first and kick it dead, those are the moments could have easily won for the Maroons !

Full credit to the Blue, Trent got one chance and he scored and the 8 years drought is broken ! Now wait and see what NSW can do in the next 7 years..........haha

Cheers

Beancounter
19-06-2014, 12:03 PM
GO NSW! The better won! you could really see how the pressure got to JT. I have hardly ever seen him loose his cool as he did with Reynolds.

Yeah JT really let it get to him. I thought a fight would definitely happen but just a bunch of shirt grabbing.

Sextus
19-06-2014, 07:54 PM
And with a little under 20 minutes to go Dave Taylor threw a rotten pass that caused a knock on and NSW's to camp, with penalties and in-goal kicks, either on Qld's line or in their half for the rest of the game! Qld finally got the ball back with about 20 seconds to go. The momentum was all to nsw's for the last quarter of the game.

And nsw's delirious reaction to winning was big praise they paid Qld!

I was hoping it would go to a decider that is all, still going for nsw.

loaded
19-06-2014, 08:01 PM
Go the blues. The start of an era.

AHLUNGOR
19-06-2014, 08:06 PM
Go the blues. The start of an era.

The call is totally pre matured !!

Come back and make the same statement if the Blues can do it again next year !!

Cheers

SirLaughsAlot
19-06-2014, 11:02 PM
Thurston's slap on Beau Scott from behind the marker Cameron Smith was a laugh.
And then later, Thurston was elbowing Reynolds a few times on the face, with Reynolds on the ground.
Origin or not that was very ordinary from Thurston.

pantydropa
19-06-2014, 11:51 PM
No excuses!
Queensland couldn't score a single try last night!

AHLUNGOR
20-06-2014, 10:09 AM
No excuses!
Queensland couldn't score a single try last night!

NSW won, that's all it is mattered !

By 2 points or 20 points makes no difference to the celebration !

Enjoy ! See if they can do it again next year !

I think the NRL should have arranged to do the Shield presentation on Wed night and let the Blues soak it all up in front of the 83K supporters !! They deserved that, both the team and the fans !

Now they have to wait three weeks in Suncorp !! And the chances are the Maroons are gonna give the Blues a belting to spoil the party !

Mark my words, I am still gonna bet QLD by 13+ in game III, may be third time lucky !!

Cheers

wilisno
20-06-2014, 02:19 PM
NSW won, that's all it is mattered !

Mark my words, I am still gonna bet QLD by 13+ in game III, may be third time lucky !!

Cheers
You're looking for third time lucky ?

Yes, it's possible, another firm prediction from you ! But if you need luck, why do you want people to mark your word ?

AHLUNGOR
20-06-2014, 02:33 PM
You're looking for third time lucky ?

Yes, it's possible, another firm prediction from you ! But if you need luck, why do you want people to mark your word ?

Yeah, confidence is a bit down at the moment after two close loses .................lol

But then again, the bookie probably are better judges than most of us, Queensland is now back to $1.65 favourite for game 3, so what do we know ??

wilisno
20-06-2014, 03:06 PM
Yeah, confidence is a bit down at the moment after two close loses .................lol

But then again, the bookie probably are better judges than most of us, Queensland is now back to $1.65 favourite for game 3, so what do we know ??
Do you understand what I was talking about ! The difference between a firm prediction and hope ?

Much like if I say the Liberal Government will be voted out with no confidence in one month's time, with a bit of luck, mark my word ! ;) ;) ;)

AHLUNGOR
20-06-2014, 03:22 PM
Do you understand what I was talking about ! The difference between a firm prediction and hope ?

Much like if I say the Liberal Government will be voted out with no confidence in one month's time, with a bit of luck, mark my word ! ;) ;) ;)

Well, call me biased or whatever, in my mind, I think the current Queensland team is more superior to the NSW team !

But on the field, on one side you have one team who have NEVER tasted an Origin Series victory (may be except Luke Lewis, I think he might be there back in 2005 !) and at the opposite end, you have a side who have nothing to prove as they have already won EIGHT series in a row, may be the hunger and desire and desperation is a lot more in the Blues camp this time around and a mixture of complacency and lack of motivation is setting in up North.

So as I have said a few times since Wednesday night, congratulations to the Blues, well done, now try to win game 3 up at Suncorp and then try to do it all again next year, and again, and again, and again, and again, and again, and again - great now you have also won 8 in a row, you are as good as that Maroons side, now see if you are in fact better and can do it 9 years in a row.

you get the picture now ??

So going back to your comments, "The difference between a firm prediction and hope ?" , I have won a lot of money while riding the 8 years winning streak, so if I loss a couple, it's not gonna to upset me too much, in fact, if I haven't put in so much try scorers bets and Man of the Match bets on Wednesday, I would have won some money eventhough we lost the match. Thanks to the refund policy of Sportsbet and the generous line offer of +3.5 points !!

So the firm prediction is: Yes, the current Maroons can still win more games than the Blues, but the HOPE is, I hope the team wants it as much as I do, that's all.

Cheers

:smile:

wilisno
20-06-2014, 03:25 PM
Well, call me biased or whatever, in my mind, I think the current Queensland team is more superior to the NSW team !

But on the field, on one side you have one team who have NEVER tasted an Origin Series victory (may be except Luke Lewis, I think he might be there back in 2005 !) and at the opposite end, you have a side who have nothing to prove as they have already won EIGHT series in a row, may be the hunger and desire and desperation is a lot more in the Blues camp this time around and a mixture of complacency and lack of motivation is setting in up North.

So as I have said a few times since Wednesday night, congratulations to the Blues, well done, now try to win game 3 up at Suncorp and then try to do it all again next year, and again, and again, and again, and again, and again, and again - great now you have also won 8 in a row, you are as good as that Maroons side, now see if you are in fact better and can do it 9 years in a row.

you get the picture now ??

So going back to your comments, "The difference between a firm prediction and hope ?" , I have won a lot of money while riding the 8 years winning streak, so if I loss a couple, it's not gonna to upset me too much, in fact, if I haven't put in so much try scorers bets and Man of the Match bets on Wednesday, I would have won some money eventhough we lost the match.

So the firm prediction is: Yes, the current Maroons can still win more games than the Blues, but the HOPE is, I hope the team wants it as much as I do, that's all.

Cheers

So you still can't tell the difference between a firm prediction with commitment and the hope for luck !

lockhart
20-06-2014, 11:01 PM
So you still can't tell the difference between a firm prediction with commitment and the hope for luck !

Think I know what "prediction with commitment" really meant...

Predicted Trent Hodkinson would pay back the faith that LD have on him.

Won the bet on.

Win
18/06/14
15:21  New South Wales v Queensland - Game 2
First Tryscorer
Trent Hodkinson @ 36.00 18/06/14 $36.00

LOL

AHLUNGOR
10-07-2014, 04:48 PM
The title is obviously outdated and the current series have been won by NSW !!

Congratulations to Paul Gallen and Jarryd Hayne, well done lads !!

For last night's game, I think for the first half, it was the same old same old, very tight game with the Maroons just edging ahead slightly with a little bit of DCE magic and a Captain's Try !! Cooper Cronk nearly had the perfect return by scoring the opening try !! He made it up at the end scoring the last try under the post !!

So, did Queensland wanted it more than the NSW team ??

Did the NSW team ran out of steam in the second half or the mentality was: we have already won the series, who the fuck cares about a dead rubber !!

Just that, with Queensland, there is never a dead rubber, especially if the game is at Suncorp !!

So, Qld won game III convincingly, NSW won and deserved to win game II anyway. But if we go back to game I, what if Cooper Cronk wasn't injured after 10 min ??

A question we will never know.

It doesn't matter now, bring on 2015 !! let's see if this NSW team can make it TWO in a row ?? Surely, that's not two much to ask right ??

Considering the other side did it 8 times !!

For me, It was a very happy 12 hours ;

Queensland -4 , won

Queensland 13+, won

Queensland/Argentina Double, won

Go Messi, Go Argentina !!