PDA

View Full Version : General talk A sign of the times.

waynekerr
25-06-2014, 01:04 PM
Thanks to a tip from Bro Cato and others on the forum I paid a visit to 137 Morgan last week. In
fact I took another little odyssey but I will have to report in a couple of weeks as I don't have
enough spare time at the moment. Hopefully I will have a few more to report on by then as well.

While I was alone in the room I took this snap of a sign on the wall with my crappy phone. I doubt
it would carry much weight legally, but I haven't seen one like it elsewhere. I find this to be
interesting.

Sorry for the quality, it was quite dark in there.

WayneK.9522

birch
25-06-2014, 01:31 PM
Fascinating- I wonder just how plausible their approach would be?

Inspector rocks up, gets his evidence, provides his report to council. Job done. No name - no pack drill is what I'm assuming happens currently.

The shop's not going to know which punter ratted on them. So the can't target their prosecution.

Perhaps the sign could scare the odd investigator??

waynekerr
25-06-2014, 08:42 PM
Fascinating- I wonder just how plausible their approach would be?

I don't know.

The owners speak no English and this appears to be written by someone with at least a reasonable
grasp of the format for legal documentation, but a lawyer I ain't.

I do know that it is very unlikely for such a sign to be found in a legit shop. Maybe we will see
more of this kind of thing in time.

WayneK.

Sextus
25-06-2014, 10:56 PM
Very thoughtful of you Wayne Kerr to be thinking of interesting things to upload. in that spirit, I've made your photo of the sign a bit clearer.

http://i92.photobucket.com/albums/l5/waveflows/Signage_zps424c79dd.jpg (http://s92.photobucket.com/user/waveflows/media/Signage_zps424c79dd.jpg.html)

The shops fighting back against council inspectors getting rub and tugs!

Violent Martin
25-06-2014, 11:32 PM
Nice try from the shop, but a council inspector could safely ignore that sign and have no fear of being 'prosecuted' for trespassing.

What the sign does do though is advertise the shop as a rub and tug joint. Anyone inadvertently walking into that establishment for a legit massage and seeing that sign would be under no illusions that 'hand relief with a happy ending was on the menu!

Max Impact
26-06-2014, 01:20 AM
Oh post six. Big boy now. Full of knowledge!

catbob
26-06-2014, 04:57 PM
Seems counterproductive to me to advertise that they will not consult professionals on legal matters.

cato
26-06-2014, 09:00 PM
Nice try from the shop, but a council inspector could safely ignore that sign and have no fear of being 'prosecuted' for trespassing.

What the sign does do though is advertise the shop as a rub and tug joint. Anyone inadvertently walking into that establishment for a legit massage and seeing that sign would be under no illusions that 'hand relief with a happy ending was on the menu!

Is that free legal advice to council inspectors? LOL

cato
26-06-2014, 09:07 PM
Thanks to a tip from Bro Cato and others on the forum I paid a visit to 137 Morgan last week. In
fact I took another little odyssey but I will have to report in a couple of weeks as I don't have
enough spare time at the moment. Hopefully I will have a few more to report on by then as well.

While I was alone in the room I took this snap of a sign on the wall with my crappy phone. I doubt
it would carry much weight legally, but I haven't seen one like it elsewhere. I find this to be
interesting.

Sorry for the quality, it was quite dark in there.

WayneK.9522

I'm patiently waiting for your review Mr Kerr, your last recommendation re Lisa at Wolli Creek was a total winner!

I've only ever seen Yoyo here but am very keen to hear more news about other the ladies as I quite like the place.

Many thanks,
cato.

CunningLinguist
26-06-2014, 10:15 PM

uglyphil
26-06-2014, 10:22 PM

Nahh, MI meant that VM had only contributed 6 posts by that stage :)

uglyphil
26-06-2014, 10:24 PM
I'm patiently waiting for your review Mr Kerr, your last recommendation re Lisa at Wolli Creek was a total winner!

I've only ever seen Yoyo here but am very keen to hear more news about other the ladies as I quite like the place.

Many thanks,
cato.

Hey cato, may ask which shop at Wolli Creek you are referring to? It is way out of my usual punting "district" but as I am Sydney for a week soon I can spend the time exploring :D

CunningLinguist
26-06-2014, 10:25 PM

CunningLinguist
26-06-2014, 10:25 PM

uglyphil
26-06-2014, 10:28 PM
No worries. I shall edit my reply to reflect :)

cato
28-06-2014, 12:41 AM
Hey cato, may ask which shop at Wolli Creek you are referring to? It is way out of my usual punting "district" but as I am Sydney for a week soon I can spend the time exploring :D

Hey phil, the shop is 32 Levey Street Wolli Creek. It's a federation style house right next to the Mercure Hotel (used to be the airport hilton). The ladies from the former 702 Botany Road Mascot run the place. There are reviews in the private massage section under Wolli Creek. take a peek.

aussiegaigin
28-06-2014, 09:15 PM
The original post refers to "137 Morgan St" which I presumed was the Chinese Acupressure & Medical Massage Centre in Beverley Hills?