PDA

View Full Version : General talk Paid to marry a PRC girl?

The Fonz
09-07-2014, 04:06 AM
I was told by someone I know that cashed up PRC girls can pay up to $80K to marry an Australian citizen, - so they can get permanent residency here in Australia.

Wow....

CunningLinguist
09-07-2014, 08:58 AM
How many can you marry wihout the others finding out ...

timtam
09-07-2014, 09:10 AM
I think you should be able to try her too! In case immigration asked have you slept with each other and what position does she/he likes. Lol

Busyboy
09-07-2014, 09:22 AM
This is not uncommon and was a huge thing in the Vietnamese community in the 90's and early 2000's. My mate had the same arrangement with a Vietnamese girl. They paid him about $40k. Funny thing is they actually liked each and now have a kid and been married for 18 years.

AHLUNGOR
09-07-2014, 09:29 AM
$80K with unlimited free sex or not ??

CunningLinguist
09-07-2014, 09:45 AM
Did he ever pay the money back :)

Wayne
09-07-2014, 10:33 AM
Make a friend of any mamasan, and you wil be offered one of these deals.

rooter
09-07-2014, 10:41 AM
It would take a lot more than $80k to entice me into marriage.
Has anyone taken up that Hong Kong billionaire's offer of millions of $$$ to marry his lesbian daughter?
Now that is an offer I would take up - especially if she brings her lipstick lezzie gf along for threesomes.
I wonder if the offer is open to Gweilos?

Wayne
09-07-2014, 11:23 AM
It really isn't surprising that there is a market in this sort of thing. It's exactly as all those economic rationalists (irrationalists) argue. You provide a set of circumstances and let the individuals sort it out.

I'm an Australian, divorced, speak some Chinese, visit brothels. Mamasans make money from selling women to men. They see no contradiction in selling a man, like me, to women with the both the desire and the means to have a second citizenship.

All the Chinese mamasans, in the brothels that I visit regularly, have proposed this deal to me. As I say, it is the logical result of the economy - and thus society - we have developed.

AHLUNGOR
09-07-2014, 11:51 AM
I heard a story that one of such arrangement was on between a ML and an old chap for an undisclosed sum of money to be paid by several installments and sex was not part of the deal even though they were living together for mutual convenience and visa requirements.

One thing lead to another and the temptation was too great to handle and the dude finally fucked the girl and the girl stopped paying !! Last time I heard, they are still together.................lol !!

Cheers

:cool2:

rooter
09-07-2014, 11:57 AM
I would have thought fucking (at least once!) would actually be a good idea as it would consumate the marriage and make it appear more legitimate?

AHLUNGOR
09-07-2014, 12:08 PM
I would have thought fucking (at least once!) would actually be a good idea as it would consumate the marriage and make it appear more legitimate?

Some of these ladies have their own boyfriend or husband back home ! the visa marriage was supposed to be a pure financial transaction, once the Aussie dude starts fucking the lady, it gets complicated !

rooter
09-07-2014, 12:18 PM
Some of these ladies have their own boyfriend or husband back home ! the visa marriage was supposed to be a pure financial transaction, once the Aussie dude starts fucking the lady, it gets complicated !

This deal is sounding worse and worse!
So you get all the negatives of having a wife: the nagging, the whining, the complaining ...and not the one benefit- free sex! ;)
Fuck that! I'm outta here! ;)

uglyphil
09-07-2014, 12:56 PM
For $80K I'd be tempted. Not a penny less though, after all, I am not easy ;) :P

Wayne
09-07-2014, 01:04 PM
This deal is sounding worse and worse!
So you get all the negatives of having a wife: the nagging, the whining, the complaining ...and not the one benefit- free sex! ;)
Fuck that! I'm outta here! ;)

yeah, and you are getting yourself into something that is not exactly legal - so she has you screwed but you don't get any screwing.

cato
09-07-2014, 01:19 PM
For $80k I wouldn't be too concerned if she didn't agree to sex...

Just do your own maths on how many how many punts that buys you... LOL

JC1
09-07-2014, 02:18 PM
If you have some assets in your name, you are taking a big risk.

Wayne
09-07-2014, 02:24 PM

Exactly. The people orgainsing these deals know Australian family law. You could lose much much more than $80k.

AHLUNGOR
09-07-2014, 02:58 PM

Yeap, if you have some asset like a house, even if it is under mortgage you are probably better off not get involved in secret deal like this.

This will suit either a young dude having difficulty to save some money and if you can strike a deal where regular free sex is included, then this could be good for you. This is talking about younger girls.

For older WL or ML, say in the 35+ range, then the targeted audiences could be those in the 50+ range single or divorced or widowed older gentleman who has little or not much assets, again, free sex must be part of the deal, no fuck no deal, otherwise, what's the fucking point ?? As mentioned earlier, if you do own a house or something, this is not for you.

But then again, there are plenty of couples who started on a commercial deal and ended up living happily ever after, if you never never do, you will never never know, what have you got to lose ??

just my two cents

:question::question:

Raybo
09-07-2014, 04:57 PM
If offered to me I would take the money, if no sex on the table fine! I will have plenty of funds for punting!!!

CunningLinguist
09-07-2014, 05:42 PM

Yeah fucking in marriages is a can of worms, best to avoid ... :)

mask
09-07-2014, 05:46 PM
free sex must be part of the deal, no fuck no deal, otherwise, what's the fucking point ??

just my two cents

:question::question:

what if she is ugly or not your type, would you still fuck her...just a thought.

AHLUNGOR
09-07-2014, 05:56 PM
what if she is ugly or not your type, would you still fuck her...just a thought.

Then the bloody money better be bloody good !!

yellow_fever
09-07-2014, 06:09 PM
Time to read the fine print guys ;-)

While every case is different, the following is generally pretty close to the mark with regards to MLs/WLs from the few cases I have seen; The money is closer to $50k than $80k, and paid in installments. Generally $15k on application, $15k on confirmation (about a year) and final payment of $20k when she receives full PR (2-3 years), so you make maybe $300/wk. You can't put that money in the bank or use it to buy an asset in case you ever get audited or immigration looks at your accounts. Generally you'll need to live with her for a couple of years. She will probably pay half the bills. You will probably spend more than you think on her just from having her around on little things like picking her up/dropping her off, dinner, food etc. Being married may affect your tax situation or pension/government benefits.

Sex generally is not on the table. If it is you may end up paying for it in other ways. She may bring her other WL friends around. Sounds nice, but they will be in your house, some may be reliable and some not, some possibly on ice or other drugs. Favors may be asked (can she stay a few nights?) etc. All her personal problems/drama will affect your life. She will be coming back very late night/early morning and disturbing your sleep. Your family and friends will probably work out what is going on. You won't be able to date another girl unless she is quite understanding. You wont be able to marry another girl until it's all over (and she'll probably need to be understanding). If you want to marry (for real) and sponsor another girl in future with a visa then immigration will give you a much harder time second go round. If she doesn't come through with the money or is late then you have no recourse other than not proceeding with the application. If you are caught, there are heavy penalties/criminal record/jail time. Immigration knows the score and they do investigate and make sudden unexpected visits. If all goes well then when you get divorced she does have access to your assets.

The general case I see is that older deadbeat guys end up doing this to fund their gambling/pay debts. It's not a bad option if you're old and lonely and have no real prospects in life and nothing to lose. The guy usually blows all the cash real fast then tries to get more off the girl. For her part she will often use his loneliness against him and use sex as a weapon to avoid paying him. It sure can get ugly.

There are better ways to get sex and/or money.

45George
09-07-2014, 06:22 PM

While every case is different, the following is generally pretty close to the mark with regards to MLs/WLs from the few cases I have seen; The money is closer to $50k than $80k, and paid in installments. Generally $15k on application, $15k on confirmation (about a year) and final payment of $20k when she receives full PR (2-3 years), so you make maybe $300/wk. You can't put that money in the bank or use it to buy an asset in case you ever get audited or immigration looks at your accounts. Generally you'll need to live with her for a couple of years. She will probably pay half the bills. You will probably spend more than you think on her just from having her around on little things like picking her up/dropping her off, dinner, food etc. Being married may affect your tax situation or pension/government benefits.

Sex generally is not on the table. If it is you may end up paying for it in other ways. She may bring her other WL friends around. Sounds nice, but they will be in your house, some may be reliable and some not, some possibly on ice or other drugs. Favors may be asked (can she stay a few nights?) etc. All her personal problems/drama will affect your life. She will be coming back very late night/early morning and disturbing your sleep. Your family and friends will probably work out what is going on. You won't be able to date another girl unless she is quite understanding. You wont be able to marry another girl until it's all over (and she'll probably need to be understanding). If you want to marry (for real) and sponsor another girl in future with a visa then immigration will give you a much harder time second go round. If she doesn't come through with the money or is late then you have no recourse other than not proceeding with the application. If you are caught, there are heavy penalties/criminal record/jail time. Immigration knows the score and they do investigate and make sudden unexpected visits. If all goes well then when you get divorced she does have access to your assets.

The general case I see is that older deadbeat guys end up doing this to fund their gambling/pay debts. It's not a bad option if you're old and lonely and have no real prospects in life and nothing to lose. The guy usually blows all the cash real fast then tries to get more off the girl. For her part she will often use his loneliness against him and use sex as a weapon to avoid paying him. It sure can get ugly.

well said:cool2:

Wayne
09-07-2014, 06:31 PM

it sounds as if, yellow_fever, you have had a little too close an experience with this. Thanks mate, for writing this down. It is a valuable rundown of what it is all about.

CunningLinguist
09-07-2014, 06:44 PM

Thanks for the rundown!
Sounds like a really bad deal.

Licker
09-07-2014, 09:10 PM

If you want to marry (for real) and sponsor another girl in future with a visa then immigration will give you a much harder time second go round.

I agree on all you said yellow_fever, except that it's not just "much harder time" second time around.

From the immigration website:

"If you sponsor a temporary resident, you will be responsible for making sure they comply with all visa conditions and Australian laws."

The "all Australian laws" means that you need to make sure she doesn't do anything illegal, e.g. pays her taxes, etc.

Your sponsorship might not be approved if you:
- have successfully sponsored two people for migration to Australia on a Partner or Prospective Marriage visa
- have successfully sponsored another person for migration to Australia on a Partner or Prospective Marriage visa within the past five years.

Basically meaning:
First point: It ends after the second sponsorship
Second point: What if you meet the love of your life, and want to sponsor her? Are you able to wait for 5 years?

Kenchoubg
09-07-2014, 09:51 PM
My friend paid 70k for a nearly 18 year old girl, she is amazing, he said he can have sex with her. It worths

Licker
09-07-2014, 11:02 PM
My friend paid 70k for a nearly 18 year old girl, she is amazing, he said he can have sex with her. It worths

Ymmm???

Let' get this straight. Who paid whom?

Cause what you wrote sounds illegal to me (and in a much worse way than trying to circumvent the immigration law).

wilisno
09-07-2014, 11:08 PM
It is illegal, it's silly to brag about these things on an open forum !

The Fonz
10-07-2014, 02:47 AM
It is illegal, it's silly to brag about these things on an open forum !
It might be illegal, but they don't enforce the law unless you shove it in peoples faces openly.
Kinda like all the PRC residents buying up Sydney suburban property, its not allowed, real estate agents know its happening, but would they report it to the authorities like the FIRB? - no!. If the PRC property owner started going on TV saying he purchased 5 suburban houses on the TV news, then the FIRB would take action.

wilisno
10-07-2014, 01:23 PM
It might be illegal, but they don't enforce the law unless you shove it in peoples faces openly.
Kinda like all the PRC residents buying up Sydney suburban property, its not allowed, real estate agents know its happening, but would they report it to the authorities like the FIRB? - no!. If the PRC property owner started going on TV saying he purchased 5 suburban houses on the TV news, then the FIRB would take action.
Just like illegal massage shops, if too many people talk about it, the authority will have no choice but to take action !

Wayne
10-07-2014, 01:31 PM

you are peddling the lie that has become popular amongst the tabloid press - that its mostly Chinese nationals buying Sydney domestic property. If you bother to look at the statistics by RBA - Glenn Stevens discussed this recently - foreign nationals play a relatively small part in the Australian domestic property market; much less than comparative economies in America and Europe. Murdoch's gutter press and the racist shockjocks have created a perception that Sydney house prices are spiralling because of Chinese buyers. This is simply not true.

Licker
10-07-2014, 01:56 PM
My friend paid 70k for a nearly 18 year old girl

Well, maybe that was just pour English on the part of the poster (maybe missing "was" paid), but that quote actually says that he paid money for an underage girl.

And that falls under different laws than immigration laws.

Wayne
10-07-2014, 02:03 PM
Well, maybe that was just pour English on the part of the poster (maybe missing "was" paid), but that quote actually says that he paid money for an underage girl.

And that falls under different laws than immigration laws.

yeah, its trafficking in children. A very serious crime and one that should be investigated.

Business Class
10-07-2014, 02:46 PM
yeah, its trafficking in children. A very serious crime and one that should be investigated.

Yes agree, better call the AFP. Everything written on the Internet has got to be true.

AHLUNGOR
10-07-2014, 02:54 PM
you are peddling the lie that has become popular amongst the tabloid press - that its mostly Chinese nationals buying Sydney domestic property. If you bother to look at the statistics by RBA - Glenn Stevens discussed this recently - foreign nationals play a relatively small part in the Australian domestic property market; much less than comparative economies in America and Europe. Murdoch's gutter press and the racist shockjocks have created a perception that Sydney house prices are spiralling because of Chinese buyers. This is simply not true.

I agree with brother Wayne,

A lot of the supposedly "Asian Property Investors" were in fact Australian Residents and Citizens of Asian/Chinese background, they would have paid their fair share of taxes just like you and I.

And I think a lot of them are actually trading up (upsizing !) their own property and getting a bigger and better house. So I guess that's just part of the real estate market and it's all good !!

Cheers

Wayne
10-07-2014, 02:59 PM
Yes agree, better call the AFP. Everything written on the Internet has got to be true.

you might scoff mate, but can I ask you: where is the boundary? If you want to downplay the nastiness of child trafficking then what do you not condone? Or are you just the troll, baiting as usual?

Business Class
10-07-2014, 04:24 PM
you might scoff mate, but can I ask you: where is the boundary? If you want to downplay the nastiness of child trafficking then what do you not condone? Or are you just the troll, baiting as usual?

I never said I condone anything.

Like I said you better get the authorities onto this, and fast. Apart from being busy with marriage proposals from PRC ladies, you seem to have a lot of spare time on your hands, so I'll leave it to you.

Wayne
10-07-2014, 04:29 PM
I agree with brother Wayne,

A lot of the supposedly "Asian Property Investors" were in fact Australian Residents and Citizens of Asian/Chinese background, they would have paid their fair share of taxes just like you and I.

And I think a lot of them are actually trading up (upsizing !) their own property and getting a bigger and better house. So I guess that's just part of the real estate market and it's all good !!

Cheers

yep, and there is also the impact of an immigrant subculture - immigrants tend to far more ambitious and upwardly mobile than longtime residents. They are far more active in the "trading up" as you say. As an increasing proportion of Australia's immigrants are now from Asian backgrounds, then there is a perception Asians are dominating the property market. It takes some dispassionate analysis - of the kind that is beyond Murdoch's gutter press and the racist shockjocks - to reveal what is really happening.

Wayne
10-07-2014, 04:33 PM
I never said I condone anything.

Like I said you better get the authorities onto this, and fast. Apart from being busy with marriage proposals from PRC ladies, you seem to have a lot of spare time on your hands, so I'll leave it to you.

you are baiting. Mine was a perfectly reasonable response to a comment about some bloke "buying" a "nearly 18 year old". I simply said that this is child trafficking. You chose to ridicule my comment. Given the long history of trolling on this forum, it is difficult to trust the intention of a new member making such a barb.

Sextus
10-07-2014, 05:55 PM
beyond shockjocks - to reveal what is really happening.

And if a "price signal" against accessing medicare too much is sensible policy, why is a "price signal" on spewing carbon pollution into the air not? The two concepts are f*king the same. One reduces medicare costs and the other reduces pollution.
The same goverment with opposite philosophies. :grimace: I'd call that schizoid.

Wayne
10-07-2014, 06:26 PM
And if a "price signal" against accessing medicare too much is sensible policy, why is a "price signal" on spewing carbon pollution into the air not? The two concepts are f*king the same. One reduces medicare costs and the other reduces pollution.
The same goverment with opposite philosophies. :grimace: I'd call that schizoid.

not if one is driven by Old Testament ideology. Abbott, the would-be priest, and his little bunch of religious loonies argue that science has no value. He even got rid of the fricking ministry and redirecting money to school chaplains. Genesis tells these idiots that nature was put there for man to exploit. Abbott doesn't believe that God wants him to help stop polluting. Otherwise, why would God give us the carbon. We have a serious bunch of fools in government.

tpol
11-07-2014, 12:21 AM
Watch out for the triad involvement too!

Regarding property, I know a Real Estate Agent who says that the foreigners get around the FIRB easily by signing something. Not sure what though.

The Fonz
11-07-2014, 07:08 PM

What are u smoking to believe anything said by Glenn Stevens & RBA?
The RBA is a BANK not commonwealth law enforcement agency, its not the RBA's responsibility to enforce the law.
All the RBA is interested in is keeping inflation under control and looking after the big end of town.

And it IS happening,

The latest figures from the Foreign Investment Review Board (FIRB) reveal overseas buyers purchased a record 5,091 established homes worth $5.4 billion last financial year, compared with 647 properties to a value of $810 million in 2009-10. Next year’s figures will in all probability be much higher again as there is a clear movement of new residents to Australia because they want to get their fortunes out of China.

Bourgeoisie Punter
11-07-2014, 09:23 PM
Yes. Wayne is of course completely wrong.

According to the RBA about 14% of new dwellings and 10% of all dwellings in Australia are purchased by foreigners.

http://mobile.bloomberg.com/news/2014-06-26/australian-approvals-for-foreign-home-buying-rising-rba-s-kent.html

Compare this to the USA where foreigners tend to account for 3-5% of the national property market.

http://www.cnbc.com/id/44976426

Wayne, don't blame a media outlet for not spoonfeeding you information. If you want factual data be pro-active and look for it.

Alternatively, if you can't be bothered to source factual data please refrain from promulgating ill-informed opinions as though they are god's own gospel truth

m'kay? thanx

What are u smoking to believe anything said by Glenn Stevens & RBA?
The RBA is a BANK not commonwealth law enforcement agency, its not the RBA's responsibility to enforce the law.
All the RBA is interested in is keeping inflation under control and looking after the big end of town.

And it IS happening,

Wayne
11-07-2014, 10:06 PM
Yes. Wayne is of course completely wrong.

According to the RBA about 14% of new dwellings and 10% of all dwellings in Australia are purchased by foreigners.

http://mobile.bloomberg.com/news/2014-06-26/australian-approvals-for-foreign-home-buying-rising-rba-s-kent.html

Compare this to the USA where foreigners tend to account for 3-5% of the national property market.

http://www.cnbc.com/id/44976426

Wayne, don't blame a media outlet for not spoonfeeding you information. If you want factual data be pro-active and look for it.

Alternatively, if you can't be bothered to source factual data please refrain from promulgating ill-informed opinions as though they are god's own gospel truth

m'kay? thanx

I take it you are the latest incarnation of our troll; setting up a new account to bait. Misrepresenting and distorting.

Um you lecture me not to use a bias, agenda-driven media outlet while you use links to bias, agenda-driven media outlets to back your racism. Why not trust independent Australian agencies without agenda? Why not look at FiRB's actual figures instead of peddling your noxious hate? Here, I have included a link to the FiRB that backs my argument.

http://www.firb.gov.au/content/Publications/AnnualReports/2012-2013/_downloads/FIRB-Annual-Report-2012-13.pdf

Fonz, yes the RBA is a bank. But it is not a commercial bank. it is charged with controlling Australia's monetary policy. As such, it is the best resourced economic data collection point in Australia. Its governor is very careful in what he says publicly because of how aware markets are of the information he has access to. Stevens' intervention, a couple of weeks ago, to say that there is a misconception that Chinese buyers are dominating the domestic housing market was not ill considered. He knows what he is talking about.

The Fonz
13-07-2014, 12:39 AM
Wayne, go have a read of this
China attacks banks for Australian money laundering
http://www.macrobusiness.com.au/2014/07/china-attacks-banks-for-oz-money-laundering/

http://www.businessspectator.com.au/news/2014/7/9/china/australias-siv-scheme-target-money-laundering

EatmyhairyassholeBitch
13-07-2014, 06:45 PM
It's common fact that supply and demand affects prices of property. Sydney has had a low supply for years and this drives up prices.

Chinese buyers are definitely a large proportion of foreign buyers in Australia but they are NOT alone with Singaporeans, Hong Kongers, Canadians, Americans, Malaysians. Infact there was $6 billion invested by Chinese in both residential and commercial real estate and Canadians $5 billion and US citizens $4.4 billion. These are stats in 2012-2013.

Let's just say that the Chinese totalled 100% of all foreign residential purchases in 2012-2013 which would be around $10 billion. The total residential sales of $264 billion then it equates to around 4%! Hardly able to make a dint in effect prices. Granted there have been pockets of foreign buyers interested in certain suburbs but hardly something to be xenophobic about.

Also the mentality of Chinese buyers is different to many Australians. They are interested in new properties, certain feng shui features and their willing to pay. Many of these buyers need to park their money somewhere and buy them outright, no mortgage. Price differences of 10-20% won't deter them.

There are legitimate grounds for concern about housing affordability, but they’ve got little to do foreign property buyers, whether Chinese, Canadian or any other ethnicity.

Moreover you cannot regulate against Chinese buyers as it's against the trade practices act and any foreign investment regulations would have to be across ALL foreign investment and would probably wouldn't be in the best interests to most businesses in Australia.

Wayne
14-07-2014, 02:49 PM
It's common fact that supply and demand affects prices of property. Sydney has had a low supply for years and this drives up prices.

Chinese buyers are definitely a large proportion of foreign buyers in Australia but they are NOT alone with Singaporeans, Hong Kongers, Canadians, Americans, Malaysians. Infact there was $6 billion invested by Chinese in both residential and commercial real estate and Canadians $5 billion and US citizens $4.4 billion. These are stats in 2012-2013.

Let's just say that the Chinese totalled 100% of all foreign residential purchases in 2012-2013 which would be around $10 billion. The total residential sales of $264 billion then it equates to around 4%! Hardly able to make a dint in effect prices. Granted there have been pockets of foreign buyers interested in certain suburbs but hardly something to be xenophobic about.

Also the mentality of Chinese buyers is different to many Australians. They are interested in new properties, certain feng shui features and their willing to pay. Many of these buyers need to park their money somewhere and buy them outright, no mortgage. Price differences of 10-20% won't deter them.

There are legitimate grounds for concern about housing affordability, but they’ve got little to do foreign property buyers, whether Chinese, Canadian or any other ethnicity.

Moreover you cannot regulate against Chinese buyers as it's against the trade practices act and any foreign investment regulations would have to be across ALL foreign investment and would probably wouldn't be in the best interests to most businesses in Australia.

This is a good response to you Fonz. I'd only add that your point about money laundering is true, but is only a small aspect of total foreign investment in Australian property markets.

The Fonz
15-07-2014, 11:36 AM
This is a good response to you Fonz. I'd only add that your point about money laundering is true, but is only a small aspect of total foreign investment in Australian property markets.
The FIRB has only 6-8 people monitoring all the property purchases in Australia. This was mentioned in the Parliamentary investigation currently underway. How can 6-8 people monitor the volume of sales?
The fines (around $80K - if by sheer chance you get caught) for breaching the FIRB rules are considered just a part of business by some overseas investors, kinda like a person putting up with a fine to cut down a view spoiling tree to enhance the value of their waterside property.

Wayne
15-07-2014, 04:54 PM
so we are all doomed. The triads and Chinese agents are condemning us all to a poverty-stricken future. Its an affront to good old anglo-celtic values. Better reinstate the White Australia policy and be done with it.

Really, I dont see what you are arguing. Yes, of course there is "dirty" money in the Australian property market. And of course cash-rich Chinese want to get some of their wealth out of the country. Coming back to the subject of this thread, there is also a marriage market for Australian residency. None of this is a surprise to anyone. But put into the perspective of the total economy and other foreign influences, it is minor. Really don't see your point.

EatmyhairyassholeBitch
15-07-2014, 09:20 PM
I wouldn't want to (if I was younger and haven't been married) to do a marriage for money. For old cronies like me then it's probably OK. If you do find a genuine partner which does require a visa sponsorship you cannot do another sponsorship for 5 years after your first. Also it's probably a three year deal (minimum) to get visa to a point where you can divorce.

Bourgeoisie Punter
15-07-2014, 09:39 PM
Smug, superior and sarcastic.

so we are all doomed. The triads and Chinese agents are condemning us all to a poverty-stricken future. Its an affront to good old anglo-celtic values. Better reinstate the White Australia policy and be done with it.

Really, I dont see what you are arguing. Yes, of course there is "dirty" money in the Australian property market. And of course cash-rich Chinese want to get some of their wealth out of the country. Coming back to the subject of this thread, there is also a marriage market for Australian residency. None of this is a surprise to anyone. But put into the perspective of the total economy and other foreign influences, it is minor. Really don't see your point.