PDA

View Full Version : Cannot access forum via Tor network

whitey69
16-07-2014, 02:28 PM
If I try going to forum.aus99.com when using Tor, I get the default Apache/CentOS page instead.
Can this be fixed please?

kamo
22-07-2014, 11:06 PM
Isn't using Tor a bit of overkill for accessing the forums? Surely the latency would kill meaningful browsing...

mj00
08-09-2014, 11:20 PM
I believe (correct me if I'm wrong) that admin has restricted access to only Aussie IP addresses.

lockhart
09-09-2014, 03:22 PM
Hope this is not the case as can't understand rationale behind.. Plus quite a few frequent travel Aus99 forum members want to stay connect while overseas ..LOL Probably restriction is imposed by local ISP filter setting of certain countries...

Admin would you please clarify if there is such restriction..

I believe (correct me if I'm wrong) that admin has restricted access to only Aussie IP addresses.

wilisno
10-09-2014, 10:14 PM
Hope this is not the case as can't understand rationale behind.. Plus quite a few frequent travel Aus99 forum members want to stay connect while overseas ..LOL Probably restriction is imposed by local ISP filter setting of certain countries...

Admin would you please clarify if there is such restriction..

it's been explained before. Due to some excessive overseas spams and scams at the launch of this site, the IP's of those source countries are blocked by Aus99, many other countries are still accessible.

pbkd
21-11-2014, 10:36 PM
Was about to post mentioning that since tor doesn't let you specify what country the exit node your traffic uses is in, there would be no way to ensure that it exits tor in a country that the site accepts traffic from. But then a few seconds on google proved me wrong (http://www.dazzleships.net/?page_id=71).

On further reflection, tor would be pretty pointless for the kinds of use it has been suggested for in the past if you couldn't specify the exit node's country (or at least a country/countries that you didn't want the exit node to be in) - what's the point in firing up tor to try to beat the great firewall of china (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Great_Firewall_of_China) if the exit node is also in china? :)