PDA

View Full Version : Australian Tennis may still have some future after the Hopman Cup

AHLUNGOR
07-01-2013, 02:15 PM
Australian Tennis may still have some future after the Hopman Cup:

Not sure if any of you have been watching any tennis lately in particularly the Hopman Cup in Perth - a welcome change to the disappointment of the first round lost by Sam Stosur, again!! and the eventual lost by the aging Hewitt.

I had no idea what to expect and was just trying to see some Ana action, OK, who is this Barty girl?? a Queenslander from Ipswich, no match for Ana eventually but she puts up a fight and had produced some very good shots. And what ?? Tomic had already beaten Novak!! whom he had never beaten before, Wow, that's so cool and now we have a chance to beat Serbia in the Mix Double.

And Ashleigh, a 16 year old ranks way outside the 100, now facing the current World No. 1 male player and takes on his big big serve, Wow, you don't get to see this kind of David vs. Goliah Tennis mismatches every day !! and surprise, surprise, she not only holds her ground very well but passed Novak a few times too!! while they lost the match in the super tie break 10-8, a 6-4, 6-7, 10-8 score lines showed a very close match and in fact it could have easily gone the Aussie way if they haven't lost a few loose points around the net, they were having so much fun and forgot to win the points!!

A very respectable result considering Serbia is the no. 1 seed (with the current world no.1 male and former no. 1 female as a pairing on the other side of the net!!) and Australia is no. 8 in an 8 team tournament !! and Ashleigh Barty was only called up last minute to replace the injuried Casey.

And then she came out the next night and beat Francesca Schiavone of Italy 6-0, 6-3 in complete control and with so much maturity and authority, some of the ground strokes she won were not just won on power but on clever placement, she constructed her points so beautifully and patiently which reminded me of a young Martina Hingis!!

And to beat a seasoned player currently ranked more than 100 places above her is just unbelievable. Granted Schiavone is probably not at her peak but she is nevertheless a two times Grand Slam finalist (2010/2011) and the winner of the 2010 French Open.

It looked as if Ashleigh had grown up overnight after playing Ana and put up a fight against a team with Novak. She is definitely now playing like a top 50 players!! She is playing in the Hobart Open this week, and I won't be surprised if she can reach the semi final. She's already got a wild card into the main draw of the Open, so watch out Australia, this is your new hope for future tennis glory!!

And what about Bernard Tomic, he won all three of his single matches, beating three player all ranked much higher than him including the world no.1 Novak, Tomy Haas and Seppi and he played with so much more poise and maturity and patient, he is on a different level, I think if he can keep his attitude and his form, he could go deep into the second week of the Aussie Open, let's hope he gets some luck in the draw.

And while we are on the subject of Tomic, we must also approve his taste of woman !!

His current GF - Chelsey Grbcic

http://resources2.news.com.au/images/2013/01/06/1226548/509442-chelsea.jpg

And his former GF - Donay Meijer

http://www.greenandgoldrugby.com/community/attachments/219702-donay-meijer-jpg.1906/

Bernie and his blondes !!

cosmos
08-01-2013, 10:41 AM
Thanks for showing your interest in such a "great" sport which can be played by anyone with varying standards. Australian tennis prospects for the future do look good but the problem seems to revolve around our tennis juniors making the transition into the senior ranks ? For some reason our juniors are not taking that next step to establish a successful career on the pro tennis circuit & I have no idea why this is the case ? Australia has "always" had some of the top junior tennis players in the world even during the lean years when success by our established players was isolated. There definitely is a problem when our juniors are ready to enter the senior ranks & until we can fix it I am afraid our country will not have the success it should considering the talent we have. Cheers ! :cry:

PS: Here is a photo of my favorite tennis racket of all time being a Wilson T2000 steel framed tennis racket which I still believe is the "greatest" designed & made tennis racket of all time. I could play both a "touch & power" game with this magnificent tennis racket !1511

cosmos
08-01-2013, 11:47 AM
If anyone is interested in watching a good game of tennis you should try to see the 1972 WCT final between Ken Rosewell & Rod Laver which was played in America. Many people still rate this the "greatest" tennis match of all time & I have to agree as the standard of tennis played that day was "unbelievable". Ken won the match in a 5th set tie-break & was so exhausted after this match it's been rumored he left his winners check behind because of this. The tennis match was shown on ABC TV "twice" due to popular demand. Ken recently said on ABC Sydney radio he regards Rod as the "best" player of all time & that's coming from a legend himself. Cheers !

wilisno
08-01-2013, 11:51 AM
If anyone is interested in watching a good game of tennis you should try to see the 1972 WCT final between Ken Rosewell & Rod Laver which was played in America. Many people still rate this the "greatest" tennis match of all time & I have to agree as the standard of tennis played that day was "unbelievable". Ken won the match in a 5th set tie-break & was so exhausted after this match it's been rumored he left his winners check behind because of this. The tennis match was shown on ABC TV "twice" due to popular demand. Ken recently said on ABC Sydney radio he regards Rod as the "best" player of all time & that's coming from a legend himself. Cheers !
So was the match between Bjorn Borg and Jonh McEnroe !

The 1980 Wimbledon final !

cosmos
08-01-2013, 01:12 PM
With regards to Ken Rosewell I once visited his house many years ago to get his autograph & have never forgotten the experience. When I knocked on his door my legs were shaking so much I could hardly stand up. Eventually Ken answered the door & reluctantly gave me his autograph which unfortunately I lost some years ago. He gave me the "impression" that day he was not very happy with my actions & hence I have never tried again to obtain another autograph from a celebrities private address (definitely not recommended). Also I forgot to mention in my previous post that Ken was 37 years old & Rod was 35 years old (I think ?) when they played that "dramatic" tennis match in America. Cheers !

cosmos
08-01-2013, 02:56 PM
There have been many "beautiful" female tennis players over the years & none more so than "Gabriela Sabatini". Not only was she a fantastic tennis player but she looked absolutely gorgeous on & off the tennis court. I am attaching one of my favorite photos of her. Cheers ! :miao:1512

cosmos
08-01-2013, 07:53 PM
As far as I know there was only one successful professional tennis player (there may have been others but I'm not sure ?) who used the Wilson T2000 tennis racket during their playing career & that was Jimmy Conners. Jimmy had "great" success with this particular tennis racket where he used his powerful ground shots to blast players off the tennis court. When Jimmy was playing well with his T2000 he was virtually "unbeatable" (just ask Ken Rosewell in one Wimbleton final they played together) but when he could no longer use his beloved T2000 anymore I noticed a gradual decline in his playing standard. The T2000 was not a tennis racket for everyone because if you miss hit the tennis ball on the steel frame the vibrations would hurt your arm which is one of the main reasons why the T2000 was not that popular with tennis players. I will add I think (?) you can still buy a used Wilson T2000 tennis racket on ebay for under $100. Cheers ! :cool2:

PS: I am attaching a photo of Jimmy playing with a Wilson T2000 tennis racket !

AHLUNGOR
08-01-2013, 11:29 PM
There have been many "beautiful" female tennis players over the years & none more so than "Gabriela Sabatini". Not only was she a fantastic tennis player but she looked absolutely gorgeous on & off the tennis court. I am attaching one of my favorite photos of her. Cheers ! :miao:1512

Hi Mate,

I don't think that's a genuine photo of Sabatini, I watch her played many times and she only had small tits! You can do the comparison.

Cheers

http://www.qnm.it/bellezze/sportive/gabriela_sabatini/gabriela_sabatini_foto_yyaas27sbgf.jpg

wilisno
08-01-2013, 11:58 PM
Hi Mate,

I don't think that's a genuine photo of Sabatini, I watch her played many times and she only had small tits! You can do the comparison.

Cheers

http://www.qnm.it/bellezze/sportive/gabriela_sabatini/gabriela_sabatini_foto_yyaas27sbgf.jpg

Phew ! Thank you Bro, I liked Sabatini too !

cosmos
09-01-2013, 04:55 PM
Hi Mate,

Cheers

I have to agree with you AHLUNGOR after looking at your photo & to be honest the photo I posted from google is the "only" one there where she has that sized breasts. Still even if it is a "fake" I keep a small copy of it in my wallet to drool over every now & then. Cheers !

cosmos
09-01-2013, 07:39 PM
On Youtube right now they have a short video of some topless female tennis players but I think the video was originally made for some other purpose. Still if you would like to check out the video I am going to add the web link & am sure you will enjoy it. Cheers ! :miao:

Here is the Youtube video link of some topless female tennis players: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bfm0ZaN5Jmg

cosmos
09-01-2013, 07:57 PM
Even though the very lovely Anna Kournikova never won a singles tennis title in her career she was an excellent player. Anna also had some success at doubles but she will always be remembered as being one of the most beautiful lady's to ever play tennis. Cheers ! :miao:

PS: Here is a photo of Anna playing tennis;

AHLUNGOR
09-01-2013, 10:05 PM
Even though the very lovely Anna Kournikova never won a singles tennis title in her career she was an excellent player. Anna also had some success at doubles but she will always be remembered as being one of the most beautiful lady's to ever play tennis. Cheers ! :miao:

PS: Here is a photo of Anna playing tennis;

HI Brother cosmos,

Appreciate you posting reply in this thread but you are turning this into good looking female tennis players rather than the future of the Aussie Tennis..............lol

Not that I am complaining.

I had a good thread in the old forum called Best Breasts in Woman Tennis and it has got a very good selections of you know what............haha, Here is the link if you are interested:

http://forum.aus99.com.au/cgi/forum/Blah.pl?m-22035/

cosmos
09-01-2013, 10:31 PM
HI Brother cosmos,

Appreciate you posting reply in this thread but you are turning this into good looking female tennis players rather than the future of the Aussie Tennis..............lol

Not that I am complaining.

I had a good thread in the old forum called Best Breasts in Woman Tennis and it has got a very good selections of you know what............haha, Here is the link if you are interested:

http://forum.aus99.com.au/cgi/forum/Blah.pl?m-22035/

Thanks for the thread link which I just checked out & I think it's the "best" thread I have seen on this forum. Most of those beautiful photos I have never seen before but they emphasize how many "sensational" female tennis players there are out there. Again thanks for the link. Cheers !

AHLUNGOR
10-01-2013, 12:38 AM
Well Ashleigh Barty lost to the defending champion Mona in the first round in Hobart which is not a bad effort considering she took the first set 6-2. It's just that when Mona Bartel stepped up a gear, Ash didn't have a plan B, so a good lesson for the 16 yr old.

Tomic on the other hand is going great guns in Sydney, I won't be surprised if he wins this.

Go Bernie !!

Oi, Oi, Oi,

:shout::shout::shout:

cosmos
10-01-2013, 05:41 AM
Well Ashleigh Barty lost to the defending champion Mona in the first round in Hobart which is not a bad effort considering she took the first set 6-2. It's just that when Mona Bartel stepped up a gear, Ash didn't have a plan B, so a good lesson for the 16 yr old.

Tomic on the other hand is going great guns in Sydney, I won't be surprised if he wins this.

Go Bernie !!

Oi, Oi, Oi,

As I said in my original post AHLUNGOR Australia has "always" had some of the best tennis juniors in the world but they are not making that transition into the senior ranks & some people are pointing the finger at the management of Tennis Australia. It's their job to groom our juniors & prepare them to play in the professional tennis tour but for some unknown (?) reason they are failing to do this. There definitely is a problem somewhere in the administration of Tennis Australia which hasn't been evident before (re: the success Australia has had as a top tennis country) & until they can sort it out we will continue to see our top juniors not show their "true" potential. It's ashame to see this happening to Australian tennis because our country was once one of the top playing nations in the world. Cheers !

cosmos
10-01-2013, 09:27 AM
In the district where I live there have been many fine junior tennis players who were world ranked & for various reasons none have gone on to have a successful international tennis career. One lady (who will remain nameless due to privacy concerns) was so well respected as a junior was ranked "ahead" of Alicia Molik & Jelena Dokic during her playing days & it makes you wonder how far she could have progressed if not for the some serious injuries she suffered which curtailed her promising career. Another world ranked junior who had the world at her feet gave up tennis altogether primarily due to a lack of support shown from Tennis Australia so as you can see we have had the tennis talent but for whatever reasons (?) none of our promising juniors have then gone onto having a successful career in tennis. I don't want to sound like a "pessimist" here but I do really hope one day the problems Australian tennis (on a managerial level) now face are sorted out so we can again claim our rightful position among the top tennis playing nations of the world. Cheers !

cosmos
10-01-2013, 11:03 AM
If anyone has followed Australian tennis over the years I am sure they would have noticed the increasing number of injuries both our junior & senior players have suffered. Now I know injuries from sport go hand in hand & not only for professional players but also casual players yet if you look particularly at Australian tennis players (both female & male) our players have suffered more than their far share of "serious" injuries over the years. I am not sure of the reasons (?) but I find it astonishing our tennis players have had such a bad run of career ending injuries (Alicia Molic comes to mind) & I suppose you could say it has a lot to do with the "style" of tennis played today compared to years ago but I'm still baffled at the number of injuries which have occurred ? I cannot speak for other sports with regards to injuries but I'm sure there could be similarities drawn with what has occurred with tennis & lets hope no one has the misfortune to suffer any injury in the future. Cheers ! :sweat:

cosmos
11-01-2013, 03:30 PM
Last week I seen this large tennis racket in the window of a sports shop & decided today to go back & see if it was for sale. The owner of the shop said the racket is used for "promotional" purposes only & is not for for sale. I was allowed to take some photos of it however which I have attached to this post. By the way the tennis racket cannot be used on a tennis court because it's too heavy & the strings are made out of small rope. Cheers ! :cool2:

This photo shows the large tennis racket alongside my T2000 tennis racket to give some idea how huge it is !

AHLUNGOR
11-01-2013, 03:46 PM
I think Bernie Tomic is really coming to age in 2013, may be the new sweetie girl friend has a lot to do with his apparent lost of impatient, unforced errors, and along comes his big serve weapon, good ground stokes and clever/patient building of his points. He looks mature, composed and happy - a gooooood girl friend will certainly have this sort of effects on a young stud like Bernie, she must be sucking or fucking him dry every night so all his frustrations and aggressions are well catered for, and he only brings his A game on to court now.

Go Bernie, let's see you in the Sydney Final !!

Cheers

:smile:

8inches
11-01-2013, 04:52 PM
If she was sucking and fucking him dry every night chances are he wouldn't even make it on court!

hell no
11-01-2013, 05:47 PM
Hi Mate,

Cheers

She looks like Roger Federer.....

cosmos
11-01-2013, 05:52 PM
I think Bernie Tomic is really coming to age in 2013, may be the new sweetie girl friend has a lot to do with his apparent lost of impatient, unforced errors, and along comes his big serve weapon, good ground stokes and clever/patient building of his points. He looks mature, composed and happy - a gooooood girl friend will certainly have this sort of effects on a young stud like Bernie, she must be sucking or fucking him dry every night so all his frustrations and aggressions are well catered for, and he only brings his A game on to court now.

Go Bernie, let's see you in the Sydney Final !!

Cheers

You might have a good point about tennis players girlfriends AHLUNGOR because I heard a "rumor" that Pat Rafter fucked his girlfriend the night before he won a grand slam final. On the other hand Ivan Lendl actually experimented by having sex before a tennis match & said it made no difference to his performance on the tennis court. Cheers !

AHLUNGOR
11-01-2013, 06:29 PM
You might have a good point about tennis players girlfriends AHLUNGOR because I heard a "rumor" that Pat Rafter fucked his girlfriend the night before he won a grand slam final. On the other hand Ivan Lendl actually experimented by having sex before a tennis match & said it made no difference to his performance on the tennis court. Cheers !

Well, Lendl certainly has made Andy Murray a Grand Slam player !!

And Bernie is in the Final !!

Go the Aussie, Oi, Oi, Oi

Eureka
11-01-2013, 08:15 PM
Mmmm I'd f**k Radwanska !

AHLUNGOR
11-01-2013, 08:27 PM

Haha I am watching her right now!!

I totally in lust with her and she has no tits!! But she is so wholesome and elegant

I don't usually like to go down on a lady but I will eat her alive !!

AHLUNGOR
11-01-2013, 08:37 PM
And she just won 6-0, 6-0 !!

A double bagel champion !!

What a start to 2013!! Unbeaten in NZ and now in Australia

I'll get down and give her a BBBJ.........haha

Cheers

Eureka
11-01-2013, 08:49 PM
Radwanska has great leg muscle tone - very sexy !
Makes me want to gently rub them - them hold them tight - pull them apart ... And give her a big serve !!!

AHLUNGOR
11-01-2013, 08:51 PM
Oh, Tennis and Crickets are both pretty good to me today too!!

Bet receipt number:
O/0784670/0002035/D
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Selection Selection Details Result
1/4 Tennis
WTA Apia Sydney A Radwanska v D Cibulkova
11/01/2013 19:41
Match
A Radwanska @ 1.31 (Win)

Win

2/4 Tennis
WTA Moorilla Hobart K Flipkens v M Barthel
11/01/2013 19:05
Match
M Barthel @ 1.43 (Win)

Win

3/4 Tennis
ATP Apia Sydney A Seppi v B Tomic
11/01/2013 16:20
Match
B Tomic @ 1.56 (Win)

Win

4/4 Cricket
One Day Internationals Australia v Sri Lanka
11/01/2013 14:20
Top Team A Runscorer
Phillip Hughes @ 5.00 (Win)

Win

- Multibet @ 14.61

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Stake and Return Details
Bet Placed on
11/01/2013 Bet Type
Multibet Number of lines
1 Stake per line
$50.00 Channel
SB Internet Total stake
$50.00
Free bets redeemed
$0.00
Total amount paid
$730.50
Returns
$730.50

AHLUNGOR
11-01-2013, 09:33 PM
Radwanska has great leg muscle tone - very sexy !
Makes me want to gently rub them - them hold them tight - pull them apart ... And give her a big serve !!!

OK brother Eureka,

Now tell me again indetails what are you going to do to Radwanska ??

http://www.7msport.com/news/upload_img/20120115/15_2012011511373993.jpg

Nggggg, is that a visual illusion or does she have more tits than I gave her credit for ??

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2012/06/25/article-2164276-13B0A391000005DC-424_634x959.jpg

http://tennisfeminin.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/01/Agnieszka-Radwanska-topless-bikini-pics.jpg

Oh, that nice long legs and so fuckable ass belong to Caroline Wozniaki

Eureka
11-01-2013, 09:57 PM
Thank God for making me a leg man - and not a boob man !!! Haha
You have to admit they are a shapely set of pins !

AHLUNGOR
11-01-2013, 10:08 PM
Thank God for making me a leg man - and not a boob man !!! Haha
You have to admit they are a shapely set of pins !

Kelly from SL has legs like that and she is reachable..........

AHLUNGOR
11-01-2013, 10:16 PM

Your cum on face invitation !!

http://coedmagazine.files.wordpress.com/2012/05/agnieszka-radwanska-header.jpg?w=550&h=398

AHLUNGOR
11-01-2013, 10:22 PM
Wow, this is the girl at the other end of the 6-0, 6-0 pounding !! didn't realise she looks this hot too. Her boyfriend will be totally exhausted tonight, how many times he has to make Dominika cum to ease off her anger and frustrations. A word of advices to the poor dude, fuck her with all you got, but I'll think twice before sticking my cock into her mouth.........haha

http://coedmagazine.files.wordpress.com/2012/05/dominika-cibulkova-again-naked-2-tennis-27376693-1538-1024.jpg?w=551&h=366

Eureka
11-01-2013, 10:37 PM
And oh so ****able !!!!

AHLUNGOR
12-01-2013, 09:34 PM
Congratulations to Bernie Tomic winning the Apia International Sydney title, his first ever ATP Championship.

Goodboy, especially against the huge serving Anderson.

Watch out the top seeds at the Aussie Open, here comes Tomic the Tank !!!

AHLUNGOR
12-01-2013, 11:23 PM
And Tomic's price for the Australian Open has just firmed from 41-1 to 34-1 in Sportsbet, any brother got on earlier ??

And he is bloody 26-1 on TAB Sports.

But considering he beat the 2-1 favourite Novak in straight sets in Perth !! These are still good prices.

Go Bernie !!

cosmos
12-01-2013, 11:51 PM
Congratulations to Bernie Tomic winning the Apia International Sydney title, his first ever ATP Championship.

Goodboy, especially against the huge serving Anderson.

Watch out the top seeds at the Aussie Open, here comes Tomic the Tank !!!

I agree AHLUNGOR this is a "great" result not only for Bernie but hopefully Australian tennis as well. If Bernie can continue on his winning ways this might encourage more people to play tennis generally which intern could inspire more juniors to take up the sport & maybe become future champions.

These web-links I am about to post are way off topic but I thought I would include them here to emphasize the "strange" locations where they were taken. These videos are of "Yulia Nova" taking off her gear outdoors in what looks like a built up housing complex. I wonder what the neighbors thought of seeing Yulia walking around naked in their area ? Cheers !

Here is the video web-link: http://xhamster.com/movies/1456223/yulia_nova_on_the_garden.html
http://xhamster.com/movies/1524513/yulia_nova_on_the_garden_2.html

wilisno
14-01-2013, 10:50 PM
Ana Ivanovic is on court ... gulp !!!

AHLUNGOR
15-01-2013, 12:26 AM
Ana Ivanovic is on court ... gulp !!!

But it's not showing on TV, wtf !!

wilisno
15-01-2013, 12:28 AM
But it's not showing on TV, wtf !!

Yeah ! Why not ? It was on free-to-air channel 7.

AHLUNGOR
15-01-2013, 11:43 AM
And Caroline is in big trouble now, losing 6-2 in the first !!

Littlewonder
15-01-2013, 11:54 AM
I liked the comment on chanel 7 watching Andy Murray Play Tommy Haase,

Theres some power and strength under those long white shorts

cosmos
15-01-2013, 10:34 PM
I just heard Bernard won tonight but the bad news is I think he will have to play Roger in the 3rd round if they both make it that far. Speaking of Roger I first seen him play tennis in the Hopman Cup (with Martina) many years ago & new straight away he was going to be a future champion. Also when my father first seen Jimmy Conners play tennis he mentioned he too was going to be a future champion & thats coming from someone who played very little tennis. Roger should not be underestimated because of his experience & may go a long way in this tournament. Cheers !

freshjive
15-01-2013, 11:14 PM
Roger is past his prime. Either Novak or Murray will take it this year.

AHLUNGOR
15-01-2013, 11:22 PM
Roger is past his prime. Either Novak or Murray will take it this year.

And Tomic had beaten Novak in Perth in straight sets !!

freshjive
15-01-2013, 11:52 PM
That was hopman cup more of an exhibition match. Grand slam is best of five sets. Tomic will do well but will go down fighting against Roger.

AHLUNGOR
16-01-2013, 12:07 AM
That was hopman cup more of an exhibition match. Grand slam is best of five sets. Tomic will do well but will go down fighting against Roger.

Let the best player on the day win!!

I am usually a big Roger fans but since Tomic is carrying the Aussie Flag, I have to support the young man.........haha

Cheers

Littlewonder
16-01-2013, 06:43 AM
Well Tomic has improved alot in the last 6 months seems to have matured as well, as an Aussie I wish him well buts it is hard to see him beating Roger, of course he has another match to win before he gets that far although he will be expected to win his next match as its against an unseeded player.

AHLUNGOR
16-01-2013, 09:26 AM
Well Tomic has improved alot in the last 6 months seems to have matured as well, as an Aussie I wish him well buts it is hard to see him beating Roger, of course he has another match to win before he gets that far although he will be expected to win his next match as its against an unseeded player.

That qualifier has taken out the 27? Seed so hopefully will give Bernie a tough match like a four setter before he faces Roger!

Ash Barty is disappointing again in the first round after winning the first set (same in Hobart) and just fallen apart in the next two, but she is only 16 so plenty of opportunity in front of her.

Sam finally wins a match in Melbourne but will face Zheng Jie again next, the same girl took her out in Sydney round 1. Time for revenge or yet another spectacular collapse ?? With her game and seeding she really should reach the quarter in all the Slams, just hope she can do it at home.

But I must confess, I will be cheering for the Sichuan girl next match in stead!!

Cheers

Go Bernie!

Littlewonder
16-01-2013, 09:42 AM
Are Sichuan girls the prettiest?
There is a general consensus in China that the girls in Sichuan province are the prettiest. There is even an old saying “You’d better not go to Sichuan; it wouldn't help your career”. The girls there looked the same as the girls from other parts of China. Maybe all the Chinese people look the same to me? And most of them are beautiful.

AHLUNGOR
16-01-2013, 10:24 AM
Are Sichuan girls the prettiest?
There is a general consensus in China that the girls in Sichuan province are the prettiest. There is even an old saying “You’d better not go to Sichuan; it wouldn't help your career”. The girls there looked the same as the girls from other parts of China. Maybe all the Chinese people look the same to me? And most of them are beautiful.

I won't say Zheng is very pretty but reasonable pleasant looking, and there is just something about her which is quite attractive, and she did win an Aussie Open and Wimbledom double in the same year with Yan Zi

http://lh6.ggpht.com/--sueLPZ02Qk/SwBIuHK1I1I/AAAAAAAAJvo/_Cj-Rd0h30Y/zheng17.jpg

http://hq-wall.net/i/med_thumb/05/72/Zheng_Jie_d8e1ea4e1475b85b96c3f5f7ed2e1ffb.jpg

PS. the beautiful girl Michelle ex-501 is also a Sichuan girl too.

AHLUNGOR
16-01-2013, 12:49 PM
There are a couple more Chinese girls I don't mind watching either:

HAO-CHING CHAN, Taiwan

http://1-ps.googleusercontent.com/x/www.nownews.com/img513.imageshack.us/img513/3320/x22126321.jpg.pagespeed.ic.x2QXbX2Zum.jpg

PENG SHUAI, China

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_4MZ5zttwCvA/TSYYyJKK35I/AAAAAAAALzY/ywl-iA5Ln1g/s1600/peng10.png

cosmos
16-01-2013, 02:27 PM
I won't say Zheng is very pretty but reasonable pleasant looking, and there is just something about her which is quite attractive, and she did win an Aussie Open and Wimbledom double in the same year with Yan Zi

http://lh6.ggpht.com/--sueLPZ02Qk/SwBIuHK1I1I/AAAAAAAAJvo/_Cj-Rd0h30Y/zheng17.jpg

http://hq-wall.net/i/med_thumb/05/72/Zheng_Jie_d8e1ea4e1475b85b96c3f5f7ed2e1ffb.jpg

PS. the beautiful girl Michelle ex-501 is also a Sichuan girl too.

I have to admit when I watched Zheng win the lady doubles match (with her partner) at the Australian open final that year I not only thought she was the "best" player on the tennis court but found her very attractive to look at. She has a very good tennis game & should win many more matches in the future on the tennis circuit. Cheers !

AHLUNGOR
16-01-2013, 02:40 PM
I have to admit when I watched Zheng win the lady doubles match (with her partner) at the Australian open final that year I not only thought she was the "best" player on the tennis court but found her very attractive to look at. She has a very good tennis game & should win many more matches in the future on the tennis circuit. Cheers !

Haha, you know a bit about women's tennis too!!

Apart from the two Slams she won in doubles she also reached the semi final in Wimbledom and lost to Serena Williams which was not ashamed - she was the first Chinese woman to reach a S/F in any Grand Slam - before Li Na !! and the following year she also reached the semi of the Australian Open but lost to Henin which again is not ashamed - so she played to the best of her ability on a couple of occasions and she should be very proud of what she had achieved.

She also donated half of her prize money to the earthquake victims in her home province SiChuan the year she reached S/F at Wimbledon so she's got a big heart too.

Cheers

:love:

cosmos
16-01-2013, 03:21 PM
Haha, you know a bit about women's tennis too!!

Apart from the two Slams she won in doubles she also reached the semi final in Wimbledom and lost to Serena Williams which was not ashamed - she was the first Chinese woman to reach a S/F in any Grand Slam - before Li Na !! and the following year she also reached the semi of the Australian Open but lost to Henin which again is not ashamed - so she played to the best of her ability on a couple of occasions and she should be very proud of what she had achieved.

She also donated half of her prize money to the earthquake victims in her home province SiChuan the year she reached S/F at Wimbledon so she's got a big heart too.

Cheers

Speaking of Li Na if she is "focused" & injury free I think she will not only win the Australian Open this year but more grand slam tournaments as well. Li is one of those very rare talented tennis players who can win "any" tennis point (or match) when they want too. There are not many past or present tennis players who have this unique ability & it's a pleasure to watch when it happens. Cheers !

Littlewonder
16-01-2013, 03:39 PM
The thing about any Chinese sports person is that they dont get to be the best in china unless they are tough and that is mentally as well as physically tough. So they all have that never say die attitude. As a result you have to beat them they won't beat themselves like some of the other players on tour.

As for a Chinese lady winning the Australian Open I think it all depends on Sarina Williams if her injury prevents her from playing or playing to her potential then they have a good chance.

A fit Sarina is almost unbeatable a shame as I would like to see Samantha win and if not one of the chinese girls LI or ZHENG.

Sorry guys can't help being and supporting the Aussies.

AHLUNGOR
16-01-2013, 03:41 PM
Who is cheering for Sam now ??

AHLUNGOR
16-01-2013, 04:01 PM
Speaking of Li Na if she is "focused" & injury free I think she will not only win the Australian Open this year but more grand slam tournaments as well. Li is one of those very rare talented tennis players who can win "any" tennis point (or match) when they want too. There are not many past or present tennis players who have this unique ability & it's a pleasure to watch when it happens. Cheers !

Yeah, you are not wrong there, the year she reached the Aussie open final for the first time, she should have won it but the nerve or whatever got the better of her and she self destructed and lost to Kim but she made it up at the French immediately after so all good !!

Cheers

AHLUNGOR
16-01-2013, 04:19 PM
Who is cheering for Sam now ??

Sam is in trouble AGAIN !!

Littlewonder
16-01-2013, 04:23 PM
Sam is in trouble AGAIN !!

yes she is not looking so good!

AHLUNGOR
16-01-2013, 04:42 PM
yes she is not looking so good!

Doing better in the second set, up 4-1 and deuce on Zheng's serve!

AHLUNGOR
16-01-2013, 04:48 PM
Doing better in the second set, up 4-1 and deuce on Zheng's serve!

All level now, one set all, 6-1 in the second looks with plenty of authority, hope she can go on with it.

C'mon Sam !!

ps. Oh, and that's a good looking photo of Zheng Jie from the Open website!!

http://www.australianopen.com/images/players/wta260144.jpg

Littlewonder
16-01-2013, 04:51 PM
yes game on and she looks very pretty in that photo good one.

AHLUNGOR
16-01-2013, 05:59 PM
All level now, one set all, 6-1 in the second looks with plenty of authority, hope she can go on with it.

C'mon Sam !!

ps. Oh, and that's a good looking photo of Zheng Jie from the Open website!!

http://www.australianopen.com/images/players/wta260144.jpg

Well, Sam is up to her old sorry self again, I can't believe she lost in 7-5 in the third. After levelling the match 1 set all by winning the second 6-1, the momentum is all hers and she was up bloody two breaks in the third and leading 5-2, and then little busty and bouncy Zheng won 5 games in a row including breaking Sam three times. She deserved to win, great efforts !!

Looking at the way Zheng moves around in court and the way her boobs bouncing up and down, she must be a great lay in bed...................haha

Cheers

Littlewonder
16-01-2013, 06:02 PM
Well done Zheng you just got to admire that never say die attitude. So much for Sam she tried hard but so frustrating in the end.

AHLUNGOR
16-01-2013, 06:25 PM
Well done Zheng you just got to admire that never say die attitude. So much for Sam she tried hard but so frustrating in the end.

Well, all the little Chinese girls are killing the seeds!!

Ana Ivanavic (13) just lost the second set 6-1 to Chan Yung-Jan of Taiwan (118 !)

One set all, go Taipei girl !!

http://www.australianopen.com/images/players/wta312015.jpg

cosmos
16-01-2013, 07:33 PM
Well, Sam is up to her old sorry self again, I can't believe she lost in 7-5 in the third. After levelling the match 1 set all by winning the second 6-1, the momentum is all hers and she was up bloody two breaks in the third and leading 5-2, and then little busty and bouncy Zheng won 5 games in a row including breaking Sam three times. She deserved to win, great efforts !!

Looking at the way Zheng moves around in court and the way her boobs bouncing up and down, she must be a great lay in bed...................haha

Cheers

You have to give credit where credits deserved & Zheng "never" gave up even when being down 5-2 in the 3rd set. She showed tremendous fighting spirit to come back & win that match but you must spare a thought for poor Sam who looked to me she was starting to tire as the match progressed (even when leading 5-2 & serving for the match in the 3rd set). Cheers !

AHLUNGOR
17-01-2013, 02:58 PM
Well, this game is a lot tighter than I thought, Bernie is in a bit of trouble right now, lost the first in a tiebreak, 3-All in the second. I think this match is gonna really test him.

If he can't beat Brands, then next match against the master Roger will be a bridge too far.

Go Bernie, you can do it.............

Aussie, Aussie, Aussie, Oi, Oi, Oi

Cheers

:shout:

wilisno
17-01-2013, 03:29 PM
Well, all the little Chinese girls are killing the seeds!!

Whose seeds ? :miao:

Littlewonder
17-01-2013, 03:34 PM
Duckworth is struggling also won't be long and there will be no Aussies left.

AHLUNGOR
17-01-2013, 05:23 PM
Duckworth is struggling also won't be long and there will be no Aussies left.

Duckworth is a good little Aussie fighter, you post the above at 3.34pm, it's now 5.34pm and he is serving in the 5th, at 8-9, OK, just lost 8-10 but a great effort!! Good boy !!

AHLUNGOR
17-01-2013, 05:26 PM
Great stuff, Tomic beat Brands in 4 sets, 3 tie breakers and only service break came in set two and Tomic went through 4 sets of super tight tennis without dropping a single service game, so he is in good touch.

Now if only Roger has a little slip up tonight..................lol

Cheers

:question:

Littlewonder
17-01-2013, 05:26 PM
Duckworth is a good little Aussie fighter, you post the above at 3.34pm, it's now 5.34pm and he is serving in the 5th, at 8-9, OK, just lost 8-10 but a great effort!! Good boy !!

Yep he might have lost the match but he is a winner a true Aussie never gave up gave it his best shot you cant do more than that he has the makings of a real champion in years to come.

wilisno
17-01-2013, 05:30 PM
Great stuff, Tomic beat Brands in 4 sets, 3 tie breakers and only service break came in set two and Tomic went through 4 sets of super tight tennis without dropping a single service game, so he is in good touch.

Cheers

Even if he doesn't win this year, he will have a Grand Slam title under his belt in a year or two !

cosmos
17-01-2013, 05:33 PM

Cheers

Yes a "great" win by Bernard & lets hope he continues on his winning ways. Does anyone know the brand of tennis racket Bernard is using in the current Australian Open tennis championships ? Cheers !

Littlewonder
17-01-2013, 05:35 PM
Yes was a great effort by both Aussie men great to see them doing so well and even better to see Tomic win such a hard match.

AHLUNGOR
17-01-2013, 05:36 PM
The Tomic match reminds me of one of the all time Wimbledon Classic between Michael Stich and Stefan Edberg. Edberg won the 1st set 6-4 breaking Stich once. then Stich won the next three sets all in tie breaks. Just one service break in 4 sets of high quality tennis - same as today's Tomic and Brands match and it's the German that got broken too!! I think that was a semi final and this is a good trivia question, which former world no. 1 lost his Wimbledon S/F without dropping a service game ?? For the record, Stich went on to beat his fellow German Becker in straight sets and won his lone Slam title.

Just my two cents

Cheers

AHLUNGOR
17-01-2013, 05:38 PM
And how good is Chelsey looking in the Player's Box ??

http://resources0.news.com.au/images/2013/01/07/1226548/590748-chelsea.jpg

AHLUNGOR
17-01-2013, 05:44 PM
Even if he doesn't win this year, he will have a Grand Slam title under his belt in a year or two !

Totally agreed, I am sure he will be the future top Aussie player for sure.

But in order for him to get into the top 10 and win Grand Slam titles, he will need a bigger weapon (not between his legs - poor little Chelsey...............lol).

He may need another off seasons to fill up his upper body and build more muscle in his arms so he has a bigger forhand.

Just my two cents

Cheers

Littlewonder
17-01-2013, 07:18 PM
And how good is Chelsey looking in the Player's Box ??

http://resources0.news.com.au/images/2013/01/07/1226548/590748-chelsea.jpg

Dont you just love it when the commentator says and this is Bernards Box and they show a picture of Chelsey sitting in the stand? Lucky bugger I wouldn't mind a box like that.

cosmos
17-01-2013, 07:25 PM
The Tomic match reminds me of one of the all time Wimbledon Classic between Michael Stich and Stefan Edberg. Edberg won the 1st set 6-4 breaking Stich once. then Stich won the next three sets all in tie breaks. Just one service break in 4 sets of high quality tennis - same as today's Tomic and Brands match and it's the German that got broken too!! I think that was a semi final and this is a good trivia question, which former world no. 1 lost his Wimbledon S/F without dropping a service game ?? For the record, Stich went on to beat his fellow German Becker in straight sets and won his lone Slam title.

Just my two cents

Cheers

On channel 10 TV there is a drama show just before the 5pm news (weekdays) & sometimes I notice the directors name is "Michael Stich". Now I could be wrong but I think he is the same Michael who was a professional tennis player you have mentioned above. If he is than he certainly has had a career change but as I said I'm not 100% sure if they are the same Michael or not ? Cheers !

wilisno
17-01-2013, 07:29 PM
Michael Stich only had the big serve and not many other weapons, that's why he didn't have the longevities of the game !

AHLUNGOR
17-01-2013, 11:00 PM
Looking at Roger tonight, so rock solid, no weakness really, just worry about Tomic on Saturday night. I think realistically Bernie may be still 12 months away from beating Roger. But then again, he is in red hot form and the pressure should be all on Federer as Bernie has everything to gain and nothing to lose, I suppose a win is probably beyond him at this stage but if he can keep it a close contest and perhaps win a set or two from Roger and that's as good as a win........haha

Cheers

:cool2:

AHLUNGOR
18-01-2013, 12:33 PM
You have to give credit where credits deserved & Zheng "never" gave up even when being down 5-2 in the 3rd set. She showed tremendous fighting spirit to come back & win that match but you must spare a thought for poor Sam who looked to me she was starting to tire as the match progressed (even when leading 5-2 & serving for the match in the 3rd set). Cheers !

Hi Brother Cosmos,

You can cheer for Zheng more today, 1 set all 3-6, 6-1 against the 18th seed. I think she'll win this !!

Go little Sichuan chilli sister !! - oh Lisa and Sammi from Stanmore will be cheering for you - and Michelle from 501 too if she is still around............lol

Go, Go, Go!!

AHLUNGOR
18-01-2013, 02:59 PM
And a big congratulations to Ashleigh and Casey for taking out the no 3 seed in the double!!!!

Great efforts girls, really doing us proud!!!!!

Aussie, Aussie , Aussie

Oi, Oi, Oi

cosmos
18-01-2013, 05:28 PM
And a big congratulations to Ashleigh and Casey for taking out the no 3 seed in the double!!!!

Great efforts girls, really doing us proud!!!!!

Aussie, Aussie , Aussie

Oi, Oi, Oi

Australian tennis has always had a proud tradition when it came to playing doubles (mens, womans & mixed) & really only the Americans could challenge us many years ago in doubles although I think things have changed now & many nations have very good doubles combinations. Cheers !

wilisno
18-01-2013, 07:32 PM
Maria Sharapova is still as hot as she can be, on court now !!!

jimmyk
18-01-2013, 08:06 PM
And she is only 25, seems like she has been on the circuit for ages. Sharapova is still stunning!

wilisno
18-01-2013, 08:13 PM
She can be a super model if she doesn't play tennis !

wilisno
18-01-2013, 08:26 PM
Wow ! Maria's victory celebration move !!! Similating our pumping action !

AHLUNGOR
18-01-2013, 11:35 PM
And she is only 25, seems like she has been on the circuit for ages. Sharapova is still stunning!

Maria won Wimbledon when she was 17, feel like a long long time ago !!

AHLUNGOR
19-01-2013, 12:10 AM
Australian tennis has always had a proud tradition when it came to playing doubles (mens, womans & mixed) & really only the Americans could challenge us many years ago in doubles although I think things have changed now & many nations have very good doubles combinations. Cheers !

Yeah, and Sam Stosur is out of the mix double too!

AHLUNGOR
19-01-2013, 09:37 PM
OK, so Tomic's run is ending, broken early, never recovered, but a good effort to force the tie break and for a moment I thought he has a chance when he was leading, but in the end the master is too good.

Well, we now only have the girls left to cheer for, go Ashleigh and Casey.

How about the 19 yr old Melbourne girl Laura Robson, she is a good sort!!

wilisno
19-01-2013, 09:43 PM
OK, so Tomic's run is ending, broken early, never recovered, but a good effort to force the tie break and for a moment I thought he has a chance when he was leading, but in the end the master is too good.

Well, we now only have the girls left to cheer for, go Ashleigh and Casey.

How about the 19 yr old Melbourne girl Laura Robson, she is a good sort!!
Well ! Roger is not a legend for nothing !

jimmyk
19-01-2013, 09:46 PM
Well done FedEx! Great game, Tomic had a good game, but still too young.
I just saw a bit of Laura Robson, however she lost against her American opponent. :(

AHLUNGOR
20-01-2013, 12:11 AM
Well done FedEx! Great game, Tomic had a good game, but still too young.
I just saw a bit of Laura Robson, however she lost against her American opponent. :(

Yeah, I didn't see that result.

So, I think I have to concentrate my support on the women's double, Ashleigh and Casey are in good shape after they taken out the no. 3 seed, the no. 2 seed is also gone from their part of the draw, if they can beat the 14 seed next up, they only have to face a possible 7 in the semi, then they will be in the final, probably playing the Williams sister. there are still quite a few Chinese girls in the doubles, and Li Na in the single.

Cheers

AHLUNGOR
21-01-2013, 05:57 PM
Ashleigh and Casey just took the first set in a tie break from the 14 seed.

Go girls, you are making us proud.

C'mon guys, stand up and cheer our girls home!! Our last remaining hope, the only all Aussie girls team left in the Open.

Go Barty and Dellacqua !! Go get them girls.

AHLUNGOR
22-01-2013, 04:01 PM
Next up, Ashleigh Barty and Casey Dellacqua will play in the double's Quarter Final, what a ride for the 16 year old Ash Barty!!

Go get them girls, the opponents are Not seeded, so I think our girls have a very good chance to advance the semis.

Cheers

wilisno
22-01-2013, 05:18 PM
My favourite Maria Sharapova is on court again ! Need a very sound proof room to be with her though, so loud !

AHLUNGOR
22-01-2013, 05:30 PM
Our girls have just taken the first set 6-2, wonderful stuff !!

AHLUNGOR
22-01-2013, 06:13 PM
Our girls have just taken the first set 6-2, wonderful stuff !!

Job is done!!

We now have two girls into a grand slam double semi final!!

And pays $2.47 too!!

Cheers

hell no
22-01-2013, 07:35 PM
Let's hope Sharapova or Azarenka can fix the ape sister ( Serena Williams )......

Why??

Because of this...........http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GCvL0nONMcg

I know it's in the past, but you don't do that kind of shit........

AHLUNGOR
24-01-2013, 12:51 AM
Congratulations to young Ashleigh Barty and Casey Delacqua for reaching the Australian Open Women Double Final!!

Thanks to little 16 yr old Ash for going all the way for her first Grand Slam Final and keeps this little thread alive !!

As far as I am concerned you are already a winner little sister, just go out there and get it done and most importantly have fun and enjoy the moment.

And it's great to see Casey on top of her game too after battling with so many injuries!!

She is a big time double winner having already won the US Open Mixed Double and Runner Up in the French!

Go girls!

hell no
24-01-2013, 09:19 AM
Out goes the ape sister, along came the chimpanzeeeeeeee.........

AHLUNGOR
24-01-2013, 05:32 PM
Congratulations should also go to Jarmila Gajdosova and Matthrew Ebden for reaching the semi finals of the Mixed Double!!

Well done guys

Cheers

AHLUNGOR
25-01-2013, 04:00 PM
Well, all of our remaining hopes at the Australian Open are doing battles today.

First up Gajdosova/Ebden in the Mixed Double Semi, they won the first 7-5 but just got broken in the second, so a big fight in their hands.

Next up are the girsl Ashleigh and Casey in the Final.

This is a little video on Casey and her cousin, it's beautiful if you have a good heart, put a lot of perspectives back into life in general.........Cheers

http://www.australianopen.com/en_AU/video/index.html#ooid=djbmNwODo6dz2NDDUPK2yYIi9LAhDI2k

AHLUNGOR
25-01-2013, 04:22 PM
Back on serve on the second set, looking good!!

Aussie, Aussie, Aussie,

Oi, Oi, Oi

C'mon gus, do us proud!!

:shout::shout:

wilisno
25-01-2013, 04:36 PM
The Aussies have just won it !!!!! Hooray !!!

Littlewonder
25-01-2013, 04:36 PM
First up Gajdosova/Ebden in the Mixed Double Semi, they won the first 7-5 but just got broken in the second, so a big fight in their hands.

They just won great job they are into the final.

AHLUNGOR
25-01-2013, 04:46 PM
Yeap, it got a bit tight in the end, they were leading 6-2 in the tie break with 4 match points, lost three of them and at 6-5 it was Gajdosova's second serve, a few rally shots and the other girls hit a back hand cross court which took Gajdosova 2-3 metres off the court and she hit an awesome back hand down the line, the ball was never even inside the tram line until it hit the ground. Winner !!

So the Aussies are in two of the three doubles finals, pretty good hah !!

Congratulations!!

Now it's Ashleigh and Casey's turn, let's cheer them home !!

Littlewonder
25-01-2013, 05:39 PM
Now it's Ashleigh and Casey's turn, let's cheer them home !!

There down one set and a break in the second so they are in for a loss, but for such a new team if they learn to play as team a bit more they should go on from here.

They need to be more consistent and work out who does what but I am sure they can get there in the future.

Littlewonder
25-01-2013, 05:59 PM
Back in it 4-3 up in the second the Ausies are playing so much better now! Come on Aussies!

AHLUNGOR
25-01-2013, 06:10 PM
One set all, well done girls, you can win this!!

And how good is little Ashleigh, holding all her serves and serve out the second set!!

Love you, love you, love you!

Like a big brother that is!!

Go girls!

AHLUNGOR
25-01-2013, 06:13 PM
Up a break in the third, great start, the world no 1 pair is shaky by our girls!

AHLUNGOR
25-01-2013, 06:40 PM
No sham lost to the no 1 pair, $100,000 each is a pretty good pay day , oh for Ash, she got another $27K for a lost in the first round!!

Hold your head high girls and you have done your country proud!!

Littlewonder
26-01-2013, 07:46 PM
Come on Li Na have a win for us.

wilisno
26-01-2013, 07:52 PM
Come on Li Na have a win for us.

Haha, it puzzles me why Aussies are cheering for Li Na, but I'm not complaining ! Go, Li Na Go ! :miao:

Littlewonder
26-01-2013, 08:23 PM
Haha, it puzzles me why Aussies are cheering for Li Na, but I'm not complaining ! Go, Li Na Go ! :miao:

Aussies always like an under dog and particularly one that never knows when she is beaten she fights to the last stroke.

wilisno
26-01-2013, 08:24 PM
Li Na has taken the first set !

jimmyk
26-01-2013, 09:08 PM
injury scare... :burn:

jimmyk
26-01-2013, 09:44 PM
another injury scare... oh no! Li Na :surprise:

wilisno
26-01-2013, 09:44 PM
Ahh ... a nasty fall !!!

wilisno
26-01-2013, 10:14 PM
Damn ! Li Na lost ...

Travelmate
27-01-2013, 12:37 AM
Li NA lost!
very brave effort.

I got paid.. 3 sets play

slarty
27-01-2013, 06:51 AM
I'm ticked off we won't know if Mrs Li could have won the match without the two ankle twists. I think yes but it would have taken some better serving and some winners at key moments in the match. Feel sorry for Li, but I reckon she's got at least this season and maybe the next before she goes past her peak.

Littlewonder
27-01-2013, 07:31 AM
I'm ticked off we won't know if Mrs Li could have won the match without the two ankle twists. I think yes but it would have taken some better serving and some winners at key moments in the match. Feel sorry for Li, but I reckon she's got at least this season and maybe the next before she goes past her peak.

Much as I like Li I think she was just beaten by a better player on the day, she did her best and tried hard as always, better luck next time.

AHLUNGOR
27-01-2013, 10:11 AM
Much as I like Li I think she was just beaten by a better player on the day, she did her best and tried hard as always, better luck next time.

I also wanted Li Na to win, got a few bets riding on her but never mind!

Yes, I agree Victoria is a better player on the night, after the first set, she has stepped up but Li couldn't go with her but I think Li has done very well beating two higher ranking seeds on route to the final, to me I think her match with Radwanska was like the semi and 6-2,6-2 to destroy Maria was her final! Very hard to step up and maintain three tough matches in a row.

By defending her title, Victoria proves that she is not a one slam wonder, hopefully Li Na can do well for the rest of the year, but she pocketed nearly a cool million for second so I don't think we need to feel sorry for her too much

Cheers

AHLUNGOR
27-01-2013, 05:35 PM
Congratulations to Gajdosova and Ebden winning the Mixed Double, finally we have a pair of Aussie Champions

And @$2.00 not bad at all, but I probably should have taken the $3.60 for 2-0!!

Cheers

AHLUNGOR
31-05-2013, 12:40 PM
It's French Open times and let's see what the Aussies are doing ?

Ashleigh Barty is into the second round, at 3-3 got a rain delay vs Kirilenko, and I think Ash can win this.

Let's not forget she has beaten Francesca in Australia and she was a former French Champion and in round 1 Ash has beaten whatever the name is who was a winner in 2011 in the doubles, so little 17 year old Ash has claimed two former French Open Champions with her racket !!

We should all cheers for her.

Cheers Ash !!

Aussie Aussie Aussie, Oi, Oi, Oi,

AHLUNGOR
29-06-2013, 02:03 PM
It's been a while since we still have some live chances in the third round at Wimbledon.

Tomic will face Richard Gasquet (9) and I'll give him a good chance. His on court management has improved a lot and he is maturing to be a smart player, he construct his points well and a spot in the R16 is not beyond him, unfortunately he will be meeting Novak in the Quarter. Let's see how far he can go !

Sam Stosur should beat Lisicki tonight. but next up in the round of 16 she will face Serena Williams, on form, I think that will be it. But Sam did beat Serena in the US Open final so anything is possible and the pressure is all on Serena. And if Sam can somehow beat Serena (or more likely Serena beats herself!!), she can win this thing - as Azarenka and Maria are both out already, so who knows !!

The darling girls of Ashleigh and Casey are also in the third round in the Ladies double and they are in good form, next round they will face the 5th seed, so let's see what happens. But they have been there before, being Rounder Up in the Australian Open and lost to the world no, 1. I won't be surprised to see them go all the way to meet the no, 1 seed again.

Go the Aussies

Oi, Oi, Oi

Cheers

:shout::shout::shout::shout:

AHLUNGOR
01-07-2013, 12:57 PM
Bernie did a great job taking out Gasquet in 4 sets, he will face his acid test tonight against the 6th seed and I think he can do this too!

I was particular impressed when he was up one set, and receiving at 5-4, 0-40 with 3 set points on Gasquet's serve, lost that game, got broken in the next game and Gasquet hold to level one set all.

And unlike Sam Stosur who got steamrolled by Liciski on the third, Tomic showed great composure to win the third 7-5 and then held his nerve in the 4th set tie break to win 7-4!!

Well done Bernie, lets get one more tonight !

Bernie, Bernie, Bernie, Oi, Oi, Oi

AHLUNGOR
01-07-2013, 03:26 PM
It's BT vs TB tonight!!

Go BT !!

AHLUNGOR
02-07-2013, 02:05 AM
The German girl Liciski who took out Sam Stosur has just beaten Serena Williams. I think she can go all the way!!

Actually I am now hoping Li Na can win this !!

Cheers

AHLUNGOR
04-07-2013, 01:53 PM
The Aussie girls have done it again, taken out the no. 2 seed pairing in 3 sets and now reaching the semi final at Wimbledon.

Ashleigh Barty, what a player, only just turned 17 and Casey Dellacqua (a former R/U 2008 in the French double and winner of Mix double in the French 2011 ). This team had already been a runner up in the Australian Open (lost to world no. 1 in 3 sets) and enroute to the final had beaten the world no. 3. So they can match it with the best in the world, no doubt.

Next up they will meet the no. 7 seed which include Peschke who was a former no. 1 in double having won the Wimbledon double in 2011 and a couple of Mix in the US Open) but her partner Groenefeld is not so strong and this is a relatively new team.

I fancy our girls can beat them and reached the final.

On the top half of the draw, I think the Chinese pairing of Peng Shuai and Hsieh Su-Wei (Taiwan) will beat their unseeded opposition. Aoyama and Scheepers who took out the no. 13 seed who took out the Top seed the previous match.

So, I am looking forward to the Chineses vs Australian girls double final. And I think the Aussie girls will have too much power between them.

BTW, Ashleigh Barty is also a winner last night with another Aussie guy John Peers in the Mix double, little Ash is gonna have a couple of very huge pay cheques this week ! next match against the top seed will be very tough though.

Go the Aussie boy and girls, do us proud !!

Cheers

ps. I hope Channel 7 will show some of the doubles matches for our teams !!

AHLUNGOR
06-07-2013, 03:04 AM
Well, it's a great night for me, both ladies double teams have won in straight sets and through to the final.

I think the Australian people should stand and applause Ashleigh and Casey! Reaching their second Grand Slam Final in the same year !!

Also great for the Chinese pair to reach their first ever final too.

I will be happy to see either team win, but in my heart I will be cheering for the Aussie girls, after all, Ash was part of the reasons why I started this thread in the first place !!

Go the Aussie girls!!

I just hope the bloody channel Seven will show the match on TV!!

Cheers

Punter Poontang
06-07-2013, 03:11 AM
This men's semi is epic too, Del Potro is playing out of his skin.

hoshimoony
06-07-2013, 03:21 AM

Oh come on Delpo, let me sleep... lol

AHLUNGOR
06-07-2013, 03:22 AM

Yeap, saving two match points in the tie break ! That point at 5-6 was a all time classic !

I would love to see this guy win!!

Nothing against Novak, just like to see other people got a chance too ! He's got enough titles and money.........lol

Cheers

Punter Poontang
06-07-2013, 03:24 AM
Agree, I'm rooting for Del Boy too .... just love the way he bitch slaps that forehand, never seen anything like it.

AHLUNGOR
06-07-2013, 03:50 AM
Agree, I'm rooting for Del Boy too .... just love the way he bitch slaps that forehand, never seen anything like it.

He just got broken !

Novak serving for the match, no turning back now, and I think Del Potro just about running out of gas and breathe !

Super efforts though,

But wait ! It's love - 30 !

hoshimoony
06-07-2013, 03:58 AM
Amazing match... Too bad there can be only one winner, haven't seen Delpo play this well since he won the US open and he deserved it as much as Nole did. Great game!

Punter Poontang
06-07-2013, 04:00 AM
That was a classic.

Credit to Nole, we've seen him pushed to his absolute limits by Nadal & Wawrinka in Melbourne, and again tonight .... no way Del Potro could have done any more, huge effort.

AHLUNGOR
06-07-2013, 04:02 AM
Well, Novak won

What an epic !

The longest semi final in Wimbledon history, 4 hr 43 min !!

Now I can go to bed, but probably can't bloodly sleep !

I don't think either of them would have any energy left to fuck tonight, may be just let their respective girl friends suck them off ..........haha

Good night

Cheers

Travelmate
06-07-2013, 12:08 PM
all of my friends including me won
sared with 4k bet on
ahaha

Encd16f3
06-07-2013, 01:14 PM
Well, Novak won

I don't think either of them would have any energy left to fuck tonight, may be just let their respective girl friends suck them off ..........haha

Cheers

I don't think he would mind getting scuked by her at all! to bad she don't get too much air time during the match.

AHLUNGOR
06-07-2013, 02:24 PM
I don't think he would mind getting scuked by her at all! to bad she don't get too much air time during the match.

Yeap, she is OK, but take a look at Juan Martin's girl Stephanie Demner, DAMN !!

http://newmedia.informedigital.com.ar//fotos/2012/08/23/o_1345744416.jpg

AHLUNGOR
07-07-2013, 04:49 AM
Finally the ladies double final is Live !!

AHLUNGOR
07-07-2013, 04:56 AM
It's interesting that the Chinese pair is taller than the Aussie girls and also have bigger boobs !

AHLUNGOR
07-07-2013, 05:36 AM
The Assie girls are in trouble, losing the first set in a Tiebreak after having two set points at 5-3!

It's gonna be a long morning now !

C'mon girls !!

AHLUNGOR
07-07-2013, 06:11 AM
Well, the Great Wall of Taiwan is so dominant on the net, the Chinese girls are too good, very happy for Peng Shuai she finally wins a Grand Slam double title. And for Hsieh first Grand Slam title of any kind for Taiwan !

Ash and Casey is collecting another big pay cheque today , hope they go one better in the US Open

Cheers

Punter Poontang
08-07-2013, 02:31 AM
Don't think Novak can play much shitter than this, he's not doing anywhere near enough with Murray's weak as piss second serves, and the Scottish git is still only just edging it ....

hoshimoony
08-07-2013, 03:02 AM
Don't think Novak can play much shitter than this, he's not doing anywhere near enough with Murray's weak as piss second serves, and the Scottish git is still only just edging it ....

Agreed, Nole's just handing the tournament to Murray on a plate. Come on Djoker, you can play so much better than this.

Punter Poontang
08-07-2013, 03:52 AM
Alright, Murray stepped it up a bit when he had to there in the 3rd, but I still dared to dream it was going to be the ultimate choke from 40-0 up when serving .... if Nole broke him in that last game I reckon Andy woulda disintegrated mentally. Maybe Nole was struggling to back up after that epic semi.

Anyways, what a shit weekend. Watching the Brits suck at games they invented is a favourite pastime, and I've no faith in our cricketers to reverse this trend. Ugh.

AHLUNGOR
08-07-2013, 11:29 AM
Alright, Murray stepped it up a bit when he had to there in the 3rd, but I still dared to dream it was going to be the ultimate choke from 40-0 up when serving .... if Nole broke him in that last game I reckon Andy woulda disintegrated mentally. Maybe Nole was struggling to back up after that epic semi.

Anyways, what a shit weekend. Watching the Brits suck at games they invented is a favourite pastime, and I've no faith in our cricketers to reverse this trend. Ugh.

Well, as they say, all good things come to an end but usually after three strikes:

The British Lions winning the tour !

Andy Murray winning Wimbledon !

The House of Windsor having a new Royal Baby !!

And then we strike back !!

Clarkey and his team winning back the Ashes !!

Starting with the first test this week.

Go Katie ! Have the baby before Wednesday !!

Cheers

:fire::smile::miao:

AHLUNGOR
08-09-2013, 11:19 AM
Ashleigh Barty and Casey Delacqua is playing in the US Open Woman Double Final right now!

Has never been going to the club so early!

The Aussie girl just got a break and moved to 5-3! But the Czh girls break back, 5-4!

Go Aussie !

AHLUNGOR
08-09-2013, 11:25 AM
Aussies up 6-5 first set, see if they can break again and go one set up !

AHLUNGOR
08-09-2013, 11:28 AM
Tiebreak first set !

AHLUNGOR
08-09-2013, 11:29 AM
Barty an Ace

1-0

AHLUNGOR
08-09-2013, 11:36 AM
Great stuff girls, 7-4 in the tie break!

One set up, one to go!

Go Aussie !!

AHLUNGOR
08-09-2013, 11:40 AM
Aussie girls got an early break 1-0

AHLUNGOR
08-09-2013, 11:50 AM
The two Czech girls are build like a man, tall, lean , long legs, blonde and not much tits unfortunately !

Still don't mind doing them doggy style though !

AHLUNGOR
08-09-2013, 11:59 AM
Our girls are in trouble in the second set, down 1-4 ! Still just the one break behind but the Czech girls got momentum !

AHLUNGOR
08-09-2013, 12:03 PM
Big trouble now 5-1

AHLUNGOR
08-09-2013, 12:05 PM
One set off, third set coming but the Czech girls won six games in a row !

C'mon Aussie !

AHLUNGOR
08-09-2013, 12:22 PM
Games are on serve, Barty serving at 2-2!
Go Aussie !

AHLUNGOR
08-09-2013, 12:34 PM
Dellacqua was broken, 3-4 the Czech to serve, long way from home now!

C'mon girls !

AHLUNGOR
08-09-2013, 12:38 PM
We broke back

4-4 !

AHLUNGOR
08-09-2013, 12:45 PM
After three deues Barty was broken

Down 4-5

In real danger now

The Czech are serving for the championship !

AHLUNGOR
08-09-2013, 12:58 PM
A love game for the Czech so they won !

After 1 hr 58 min we are runner up for the third time in a grand slam, they can hold the heads high.

The Czech girls won their second titles together after winning the French in 2011!

Hlacvachova also won the mix double yesterday so she is a big time player!

Proud of our girls, they will win one soon!

Oh I didn't know Casey has a son recently , so we have a new Mum and a 17 yr old kid! Well done girls!

And the idiot MC made a big boo boo announcing the winners as Wimbledon Champions ...... WTF !

Ahlungor reporting from Flushing Meadow, New York

Fuck, the stupid MC did it again the second time, Wimbledon champions in New York!!

So our girls split the runner ups cheque of USD$230,000!

Cheers

AHLUNGOR
10-09-2013, 12:14 PM
Speaking of tennis, I had a few bets on the Aussie girls to win the final which was lost obviously - but I was way ahead as I had been betting with Ash and Casey all the way to the final and some of the matches they were not even the favourite.

On Sunday morning I was going to put another $100 on them to win @$2.35 but I was too late.

So I put the money on the man/woman final instead:

Serena to win 2-1 @$4.00 x $40
Nadal to win 3-1 @$4.00 x $40
Serena and Nadal double @$16.00 x $20

Very very happy now.

Plus Michael Clarke top scored @$4.33 and Australia to win @$1.65

Plenty of free massage session this couple of weeks...............haha

Cheers

AHLUNGOR
06-01-2014, 10:39 AM
It was a good day for the Aussies in sports, of course, the nation's focus was at the SCG watching our boys trashing England again to win 5-0!

But up north, Lleyton Hewett was beating Roger Federer in the Brisbane International in the final in three sets. Excellent efforts from Hewett although Federer was clearly not at his best, but hey, if you can beat Federer in any tennis final, you'll take it right !!

Hopefully Hewett will have a good draw in the Australian Open, it will be a good achievement if he can reach the final 16 and play some matches in the Rod Laver Arena !

C'MON !!

AHLUNGOR
16-01-2014, 12:37 PM
I started this thread last year after watching Tomic and Ash Barty played in Perth !!

Well, let's not talk about Tomic anymore.

But Ashleigh Barty has not let us down, let's not forget she was only 16 this time last year and she went on partnering Casey Dellacqua to reach 3 Grand Slam Double Final which was an unbelievable achievement and she often was the better player in the pair.

This year, Ash was out by Serena in the first round single but Casey has won through to the third round, so she has some good form on her own, I am very hopeful that our girls can win the double title this year, they are seeded no. 5 and ranked no. 10 and 12 respectively, so they are ready !!

Well my OP title said Australian Tennis may still have a future, looking at the young players coming through, that could turn out to be a true statement:

Thanasi Kokkinakis - what a mouth full and what an exciting young player, Nick Kyrgois and a few more

Go Aussie !!

And even Sam Stosur has found some form, she should beat Ana Ivanovic next match, then it is Serena Williams again, well, if Sam is to face Serena, it's better to face her in the earlier round rather than in the Final or Semi - Sam did beat Serena to win her US Open title so the pressure could be on Serena side instead. Anyway, Sam should be on good odds too.........lol

Cheers

:cool2:

AHLUNGOR
17-01-2014, 01:04 AM
Ok so Kokkinatis lost in 3 sets!

But Nick Kyrgios is doing well!

He took the first two sets in two tie breaks over the 27th seed Paire !

Paire pulls 1 set back and just broken Nick.

The 18 yr old is looking tired so could be in big trouble here !

But he certainly doesn't look like a player ranking 187!!

He is playing like a top 50 player.

Aussie tennis has a future alright !

Go Nick, don't give up !

AHLUNGOR
17-01-2014, 01:13 AM
Two sets all !

Nick has cramp problem, why didn't he go for a bathroom break or call for the trainer ??

May be he just too young and no experience !

AHLUNGOR
17-01-2014, 01:26 AM
He can't even walk why he not call the trainer !!

AHLUNGOR
17-01-2014, 01:27 AM
This is incredible !

May be the cramp is easing !

Nick holds serve to Love !!

C'mon boy !

You can do this !

AHLUNGOR
17-01-2014, 01:34 AM
Saved one match point!

AHLUNGOR
17-01-2014, 01:40 AM
Well, it's a standing ovation but its not for the winner.

Nick might have lost the match but he surely won a lot of hearts !!

And this is just the beginning for a young and promising player !

Yes, Aussie tennis definitely has a future !

And Paire may never beat Nick again . Watch out for the Davis Cup, they will meet again for sure and watch out when Nick is fit and well .

Signing off now from Ahlungor

Way past my usual bed time !

Good night

IExperiment
17-01-2014, 01:48 AM
Well, it's a standing ovation but its not for the winner.

Nick might have lost the match but he surely won a lot of hearts !!

And this is just the beginning for a young and promising player !

Yes, Aussie tennis definitely has a future !

And Paire may never beat Nick again . Watch out for the Davis Cup, they will meet again for sure and watch out when Nick is fit and well .

Signing off now from Ahlungor

Way past my usual bed time !

Good night

Well I dont ussually watch must tennis anymore but I saw alomst the full first set, young 17 years old play Nadal tonight and he was quite good.

Oneonone
17-01-2014, 09:05 AM
Well I dont ussually watch must tennis anymore but I saw alomst the full first set, young 17 years old play Nadal tonight and he was quite good.

Nadal wan't bad either but I prefer watching the ladies!

AHLUNGOR
17-01-2014, 02:50 PM
Nick the Greek showed more heart in those 5 sets than that douche Tomic has shown in his entire career.

I missed the first two sets, only tuned in at the third set when he was down a break at 3-4. he had a break back point but can't make it and eventually losing the third and went down hilss from there. One thing I did notice was that his double handed back hand was a weakness.

But he shown some mental thoughness there last night and I hope he makes a speedy and quick recovery and get ready for the Davis Cup against the French. there could be a rematch with Paire !!

Oneonone
17-01-2014, 03:37 PM
Its great to see the young Australian talent coming through and most of them have that Aussie fighting spirit that we like.

AHLUNGOR
17-01-2014, 05:00 PM
And congratulations to Casey beating Zheng Jie and reaching the final 16!

Lets see if Sam can beat Ana tonight !.

Go Aussie !