PDA

View Full Version : General talk Condom-less male birth control may be available in 2017

Licker
13-09-2014, 11:34 PM
Condom-less male birth control may be available as early as 2017
From http://sciencealert.com.au/news/20141109-26161.html

Now, I don't know whether this will really work, but...
If the human trials are anything like the ones on baboons... where do I sign up???
(see the sections in bold below)

Studies suggest a new form of reversible male birth control is working in baboons, and clinical trials in humans are scheduled to start next year.

According to a recent statement from the Parsemus Foundation, a not-for-profit that focusses on developing low-cost medical solutions, a reversible, condomless male birth control option could be available as early as 2017.

The new birth control is known as Vasalgel, and is a non-hormonal polymer that blocks the vas deferens - the tube that’s cut during vasectomies, which transports sperms from the testes out of the penis. And trials in baboons suggest that it’ll be ready to be trialed in humans next year.

Six months ago Vasalgel was injected into three male baboons, who were then given unrestricted sexual access to 10 to 15 fertile female baboons each. Despite frequent mating, none of the female baboons have fallen pregnant

Max Impact
14-09-2014, 12:01 AM
But still condoms will be used in the industry mainly to prevent transmission of disease. Otherwise the WLs would just take the pill and be hugely popular.

CunningLinguist
14-09-2014, 12:28 AM
Non sequitur

samuraiboy
14-09-2014, 12:47 AM
I might wait to see if the trial baboons grow a second head. or something...

Licker
14-09-2014, 02:01 AM
But still condoms will be used in the industry mainly to prevent transmission of disease. Otherwise the WLs would just take the pill and be hugely popular.

Where did I mention "The Industry"?

I just want to be in the trial with unrestricted sexual access to 10 to 15 fertile females to perform frequent mating.

As for the possible side effects. Every medical study needs a control group that is taking placebo :)

Max Impact
14-09-2014, 02:37 AM
I hope that they are female humans in the trial and not female baboons for your sake Licker.

(By the way, my previous comment in no way mentioned you and your intention bro.)

dohdoe
14-09-2014, 02:40 AM
It would kinda suck to be in the placebo group.
But it wouldn't be useful in the industry as stds won't be stopped

Max Impact
14-09-2014, 08:14 AM
It would kinda suck to be in the placebo group.
But it wouldn't be useful in the industry as stds won't be stopped

Careful of the backlash from licker.

TMC (free cage girl)
14-09-2014, 03:35 PM
I just need BBBJ and CIM so, Im not interest in of it.

GetYourKnickersOff
16-09-2014, 07:59 PM
What a load of useless shite - up the arse is the best contraception.