PDA

View Full Version : General talk STI advice

bigzig
18-09-2014, 01:19 AM
The perils of enjoying BBBJ and DATY...

Anyway, I have contracted either gonorrhea or chlamydia. However, I don't want to go to my family doctor and divulge all my secrets.

Does anyone know if I am able to do private testing for STIs, where it won't stay on your medical record?...I just need a prescription for the antibiotics at the end of the day, the tests are just a formality for a forgone conclusion.

Wondering how some of the others may have approached this before?

wilisno
18-09-2014, 01:23 AM

Anyway, I have contracted either gonorrhea or chlamydia. However, I don't want to go to my family doctor and divulge all my secrets.

Does anyone know if I am able to do private testing for STIs, where it won't stay on your medical record?...I just need a prescription for the antibiotics at the end of the day, the tests are just a formality for a forgone conclusion.

Wondering how some of the others may have approached this before?
If you are already infected or have symptoms, I think the Sexual Health Clinic at Sydney Hospital will give you the priority for treatment, usually they reserve the space for sex workers.

Oneonone
18-09-2014, 09:38 AM
You can go to any gp don't have to give your name if you don't want.

Best to get checked out properly.

alwaystheeyes
18-09-2014, 10:33 AM
Tell the girls you've been with! Chlam can be symptomless in women until it stuffs up their tubes. Plus whoever is spreading it may still be spreading it.

I don't want to go to my family doctor and divulge all my secrets
If your family doctor told anyone other than the public health people, then your family doctor would be breaking the law.

Does anyone know if I am able to do private testing for STIs, where it won't stay on your medical record
There is no unified medical record. If you go to a practice you've never been to before the information will only be in their system, you can choose to never go back. Though as previously mentioned by someone else, there are also services where your name is not asked.

medragon
18-09-2014, 11:01 AM
from the government website:

Laboratories are required to notify cases of chlamydia to the local public health unit. This information is confidential. Public health staff use this data to better understand who is at risk and help plan activities to prevent new infections in the future.

CunningLinguist
18-09-2014, 07:35 PM
You can go to any gp don't have to give your name if you don't want.

Best to get checked out properly.

Have you done this ?
If so what do you say ?
Do you tell the receptionist you want to be anonymous and then pay the full price for a consultation ?
You won't be able to claim medicare as anonymous.

Wayne
18-09-2014, 07:45 PM
If you are already infected or have symptoms, I think the Sexual Health Clinic at Sydney Hospital will give you the priority for treatment, usually they reserve the space for sex workers.

If you live in the city or the east, then the Sydney hospital clinic is not actually all that helpful if you just rock up. I've found a doctor's surgery on Oxford street much easier, quicker and more discreet. I don't want to give his name, but he has a neon sign saying just: " DOCTOR" on the northern side just down from the Crown street cross. His first name is Ben.

wilisno
18-09-2014, 09:08 PM
If you live in the city or the east, then the Sydney hospital clinic is not actually all that helpful if you just rock up. I've found a doctor's surgery on Oxford street much easier, quicker and more discreet. I don't want to give his name, but he has a neon sign saying just: " DOCTOR" on the northern side just down from the Crown street cross. His first name is Ben.

If you have symptoms, they will see you ! That's what I was told when I accompanied a WL there. And no ID necessary in the clinic.

Wayne
18-09-2014, 10:13 PM
If you have symptoms, they will see you ! That's what I was told when I accompanied a WL there. And no ID necessary in the clinic.

Yes, as any doctor with Hippocratic principles would. Unfortunately, doctors these days are not required to swear that their patient's welfare is paramount. If a lone bloke goes to the Sydney hospital clinic they tend to tell him: "go see your GP." I think they get very busy there and just don't have the time to see every john with an itchy dick. I think you can make an appointment, but I was just suggesting that the Oxford Street clinic can be quicker.

BreastfedBabiesAretheBest
18-09-2014, 10:14 PM
They say 1 in 3 working ladies are sick in some form or other. This is food for thought isn't it.

simonsays
18-09-2014, 11:59 PM
Luckily Ive been banging the other 2, so far so good.

wilisno
19-09-2014, 12:00 AM
They say 1 in 3 working ladies are sick in some form or other. This is food for thought isn't it.
By saying so, it shows you are are sicker than them !

Oneonone
19-09-2014, 08:45 AM
Yes, as any doctor with Hippocratic principles would. Unfortunately, doctors these days are not required to swear that their patient's welfare is paramount. If a lone bloke goes to the Sydney hospital clinic they tend to tell him: "go see your GP." I think they get very busy there and just don't have the time to see every john with an itchy dick. I think you can make an appointment, but I was just suggesting that the Oxford Street clinic can be quicker.

Don't waste your time going to Sydney Hospital I made a booking and then she sat down with me and told me to go see my GP so much for sexual health!