PDA

View Full Version : General talk Psychologist Undertaking Survey of Sexual Behaviour - Your Input Is Very Welcome

Yolanda789
20-09-2014, 01:03 PM
I'm currently undertaking a large anonymous survey of the impact of sexual behaviour on individuals and society.
This punting forum is one source of ten being used to establish some basic statistical data.

1. Why do you pay for sexual services?

2. Do you regard paying for sex as your hobby or addiction?

3. Do you have a girlfirend or wife?

4. When was the last time you had sex without paying for the service?

5. Do you have any hobbies/addictions that require significant amounts of your time and money?

6. Do you enjoy, on a long-term basis, paying for sexual services?

7. Do you believe sexual gratification provides contentment or satisfaction in your everyday life?

8. How often do you pay for sexual services?

9. What is your gender - male or female?

10. What is your age range: 20-35, 36-50, or 51 +

Thanks for your co-operation.

Yolanda.

gentlescream
20-09-2014, 01:49 PM
While I'm willing to participate - I think using surveymonkey may be more efficient.

Kirito
20-09-2014, 02:03 PM
Are there any incentives like going into the draw to win a free punt? :smile:

Atomique
20-09-2014, 02:11 PM
More information about the survey? (eg who commissioned it? what is its purpose?)

duksta
20-09-2014, 05:36 PM
I'd be very surprised if these questions were actually passed by an ethics committee. There are too many of these questions that are value-laden and don't back up the premise of being about gathering "basic statistical data". I'd also question the method, as the questions demonstrate a potential bias in what the research is trying to show.

Please provide more information. This looks bogus to me.

WHITEDUDE
20-09-2014, 07:38 PM
She must be doing a uni thesis lol:smile:

CunningLinguist
20-09-2014, 08:50 PM
He forgot to ask our annual salary ...

This is totally bogus.

wilisno
20-09-2014, 08:57 PM
This is the second or third attempt so far ! ;) ;) ;)

CunningLinguist
20-09-2014, 09:09 PM
Here is a similar thread a while back:
http://forum.aus99.com/showthread.php?39814-Punters-Survey-Would-you-take-part&highlight=anonymous

Yolanda789
20-09-2014, 09:46 PM
Myself and two colleagues are currently undertaking a large anonymous survey/study of the impact of sexual behaviour
on individuals and society. Though your input is not crucial to the study, (this forum is one source of ten being used to
establish some basic statistical data) it is nevertheless very welcome.

Thanks,
Yolanda.

Mr. Who
20-09-2014, 10:53 PM
If your study gets published one day, will you include an acknowledgement like "We thank punters from forum.aus99.com for their generous input"?

Debo
20-09-2014, 11:05 PM
Smells like doodoo to me.. Replying to a survey of this type should be anonymous.

CunningLinguist
20-09-2014, 11:18 PM
Myself and two colleagues are currently undertaking a large anonymous survey/study of the impact of sexual behaviour
on individuals and society. Though your input is not crucial to the study, (this forum is one source of ten being used to
establish some basic statistical data) it is nevertheless very welcome.

Thanks,
Yolanda.

Is your name Chris Seage or Eamon Duff ?

Licker
21-09-2014, 01:14 AM
Answer: If I use sexual services, I pay for them for the same reason why I pay for any other service (like a meal in a restaurant); they are not provided for free. Wouldn't everyone?

Answer: Neither. The act of paying for sex is neither, much the same as paying for a cup of coffee is neither.
Had the question been do I consider sex an addiction or a hobby, the answer might have been different.

Answer: Yes.
Before marking this as "using sexual services while having a partner" in your "basic statistical data", consider the fact that you have thus far no knowledge of that.

Answer: Never.
I had sex yesterday and I did not pay for it. But, wait for it... I did not consider it as a "service". It was mutual enjoyment.

5. Do you have any hobbies/addictions that require significant amounts of your time and money?
Answer: Yes, ah, NO.
It takes a significant amount of money, and while it happens every month, I can't really call it an addiction as it is mandatory.
And typically you receive some sort of enjoyment from hobbies.
So paying taxes is thus really neither.
What does this have to do with the "Survey of Sexual Behaviour"?

Answer: Please refer to answers 1 and 2.
The act of paying does not really give me enjoyment short or long term (whether it be sex, coffee or anything else)

7. Do you believe sexual gratification provides contentment or satisfaction in your everyday life?
Answer: Yes.
And I would assume that this is the case for most people, be it with their partners, casual sex partners, paid partners or just with their hand.

Answer: Not very often. There was a time when it happened more often.
How does this help you assess "the impact of sexual behaviour on individuals and society"?

Answer: Male.
But... Looking at question 3, I believe you have already made the assumption that all answers would be from men, right?
Or where is the question "Do you have a boyfriend or husband?"?

Answer: Somewhere there.
What if I was 18? How would I answer this question?

I believe bro duksta has made a valid assessment on the questionnaire.
The above answers are more to the potential enjoyment of the members here (and they are free).
In the event that he is wrong, may they serve as potential learning material for you.

I'd be very surprised if these questions were actually passed by an ethics committee. There are too many of these questions that are value-laden and don't back up the premise of being about gathering "basic statistical data". I'd also question the method, as the questions demonstrate a potential bias in what the research is trying to show.

Please provide more information. This looks bogus to me.

Your post says: "Psychologist Undertaking Survey of Sexual Behaviour"
Sexual Behaviour is a very broad term. It seems to me that your questions cover but a small fraction on the human behaviour that falls under that topic.

Thus I must ask a few questions:
Who are you doing this survey for? Surely not solely for your own amusement.
Since you say "Psychologist", does that mean that you are a practicing psychologist with a degree?
Or are you doing this as a uni thesis?

Either way, previously when I have seen survey requests like this, there has been more information on the purpose of the survey.

In the unlikely event that you are a uni student and really want to do a thesis that has some merit, please reconsider some of your questions, unless you have already decided what you want the outcome of the survey to be. (Which would not pass as a scientific study then)

Some of your questions are right there with the example I've used before of a really bad poll question:
Have you stopped beating your husband already? Yes or no?

cato
21-09-2014, 01:31 AM
He forgot to ask our annual salary ...

This is totally bogus.

I have a feeling Yolanda is a man:
http://forum.aus99.com/showthread.php?39814-Punters-Survey-Would-you-take-part&highlight=anonymous

I couldn't agree more, and well spotted CL!

CunningLinguist
21-09-2014, 01:57 AM
I'm currently undertaking a fairly large anonymous survey of the impact of sexual behaviour surveys on individual psychologists.
This punting forum is one source of many being used to establish some basic "statistical data".

1. Why don't you declare your qualifications ?
2. Why don't you declare what institution you are doing this on behalf of ?
3. Do you regard doing sex surveys anonymously as your hobby or addiction?
4. Do you have a girlfirend or wife?
5. When was the last time you ran an anonymous sex survey without disclosing your qualifications or institution ?
6. Do you have any hobbies/addictions that require significant amounts of your time and money?
7. Do you enjoy, on a long-term basis, running sex surveys anonymously ?
8. Do you believe getting genuine responses to these surveys provides contentment or satisfaction in your everyday life?
9. How often do you run these surveys ?
10. What is your name and gender - male, gay male, bi male, female, gay female, bi female, other ?
11. What is your age range: odd number, even number, prime number, other ?

CunningLinguist

Yolanda789
21-09-2014, 11:45 AM
The survey/study is being conducted with complete anonymity, both for respondents (from all ten sources involved) and for us the designers.
Either we embrace anonymity or we don’t. Accordingly, I cannot interact on any specific questions pertaining to the study.

I can say that the survey has been deliberately kept brief, reducing from 30 questions to 10, in order to provide only a minor disruption to the
respondent’s time. In addition, the 10 questions have certainly been designed to target, focus and crystalise the respondent’s answers, thereby
assisting in yielding valid answers, as opposed to the spurious answers often given in these circumstances.

We will keep the survey open for another three days. Though your input is not crucial to the survey, (this forum is only one source of ten being used),
it is nevertheless very welcome.

Regards, Yolanda.

CunningLinguist
21-09-2014, 11:55 AM
The survey/study is being conducted with complete anonymity, both for respondents (from all ten sources involved) and for us the designers.
Either we embrace anonymity or we don’t. Accordingly, I cannot interact on any specific questions pertaining to the study.

I can say that the survey has been deliberately kept brief, reducing from 30 questions to 10, in order to provide only a minor disruption to the
respondent’s time. In addition, the 10 questions have certainly been designed to target, focus and crystalise the respondent’s answers, thereby
assisting in yielding valid answers, as opposed to the spurious answers often given in these circumstances.

We will keep the survey open for another three days. Though your input is not crucial to the survey, (this forum is only one source of ten being used),

Regards, Yolanda.

Ok I will answer your questions if you answer mine :)

Yolanda789
21-09-2014, 08:36 PM
While I'm willing to participate - I think using surveymonkey may be more efficient.

We thank you.

Your response, via private message if you prefer, will be very welcome.

AHLUNGOR
22-09-2014, 01:14 AM

Regards, Yolanda.

Hi there Yolanda !

First of all, if you could some how prove that you are in deed a lady and not a Yolando ! Then probably more punters here will response to your survey.

Especially if you can provide more information about yourself , you want to sell your survey, well only Sex sells well here :

This is only relevant if you are not a Yolando !

1. What is your age ? 18-25? 26-39? Over 40+

2. What is your marital status? Single , married, divorced

3. Sexual orientation ? Heterosexual , bisexual , lesbian ?

4. How often you have sex? Daily or as often as you can ? few times a week, once a week, once or twice a month, once in a blue moon

5. What is your favourite sexual position ?

6. Do you swallow?

7. Do you like it up your ass ?

8. Do you do one stand after clubbing ?

9. Have you ever paid for sexual services

10. Have you ever engaged in 3P or 4P ?

11. And what nationality are you ?

12. Last but not least, what is your vital statistics ? Sorry, it's just me, just like to know if you have got big tits ? If you do, what is your Cup Size ? And are they natural ?

If you answer all these questions truthfully, then we will treat you as one of us and I for one will do your survey immediately !!

Just my 12 cents

Cheers

Yolanda789
22-09-2014, 11:12 AM

Regards, Yolanda.

ASDF
22-09-2014, 12:19 PM

Regards, Yolanda.

You dont seem to be able to answer any questions directed at you so i hope no one will provide feedback to your SURVEY, as im seriously concerned on how you could possibly misuse any responses.

grant
22-09-2014, 02:30 PM
I have a feeling Yolanda is a man:

I can confirm that it is not me. Though I usually wouldn't feel like I need to defend myself, I will in this case since I think any research into the sex industry is important in bringing the industry from the fringe into mainstream consciousness.

The thread you linked to was me getting a feel for the interest of the community has in taking part in an anonymous survey, mainly to satisfy my own curiosity. I decided that there was very little interest (read: great skepticism) in relation to my post so I didn't go ahead with it. Why, after posting that, would I then create a fresh account to make a post about a survey I am doing, when this account would appear to be more credible considering my post history?

Again, I wouldn't normally bother defending myself, but I am all for research into the sex industry (no matter how small). It brings us closer to a world in which we don't have to pretend we're checking our emails 2 doors down from a brothel entrance to make sure the coast is clear before entering.

CunningLinguist
22-09-2014, 06:49 PM
I can confirm that it is not me. Though I usually wouldn't feel like I need to defend myself, I will in this case since I think any research into the sex industry is important in bringing the industry from the fringe into mainstream consciousness.

The thread you linked to was me getting a feel for the interest of the community has in taking part in an anonymous survey, mainly to satisfy my own curiosity. I decided that there was very little interest (read: great skepticism) in relation to my post so I didn't go ahead with it. Why, after posting that, would I then create a fresh account to make a post about a survey I am doing, when this account would appear to be more credible considering my post history?

Again, I wouldn't normally bother defending myself, but I am all for research into the sex industry (no matter how small). It brings us closer to a world in which we don't have to pretend we're checking our emails 2 doors down from a brothel entrance to make sure the coast is clear before entering.

Fair enough, I have changed my post to reflect this new info, sorry about getting you confused with Yolanda.

The problem with these sorts of surveys is that there are media people always looking to take a cheap shot at the industry and use any quotes or answers out of context, so none of us want to be a part of the media hype, hence the skepticism ...

Yolanda789
22-09-2014, 10:56 PM
I'm currently undertaking a large anonymous survey of the impact of sexual behaviour on individuals and society.
This punting forum is one source of ten being used to establish some basic statistical data.

Yolanda.

Your inputs are very welcome.

We will keep the survey open for another two days. Though your input is not crucial to the survey, (this forum is only one source of ten being used),

Regards, Yolanda.

duksta
22-09-2014, 11:00 PM
So what are the other 9 sources?

Yolanda789
22-09-2014, 11:06 PM

We will keep the survey open for another two days. Though your input is not crucial to the survey, (this forum is only one source of ten being used),

Regards, Yolanda.

duksta
22-09-2014, 11:20 PM
Why do the designers require anonymity?

duksta
22-09-2014, 11:32 PM
From http://www.nhmrc.gov.au/book/chapter-5-6-handling-complaints

"Institutions may receive complaints about researchers or the conduct of research, or about the conduct of a Human Research Ethics Committee (HREC) or other ethical review body. Complaints may be made by participants, researchers, staff of institutions, or others. All complaints should be handled promptly and sensitively.

We have detected that JavaScript has been disabled in your browser. Some features on this site have been disabled as a result.
Chapter 5.6: Handling complaints
Introduction

Institutions may receive complaints about researchers or the conduct of research, or about the conduct of a Human Research Ethics Committee (HREC) or other ethical review body. Complaints may be made by participants, researchers, staff of institutions, or others. All complaints should be handled promptly and sensitively.

The Australian code for the responsible conduct of research describes ‘research misconduct’ and specifies institutional processes for dealing with it. Where complaints about researchers or research raise the possibility of misconduct fitting this description, they should be dealt with under those processes.

5.6.1 To handle complaints about researchers or the conduct of research, institutions should:

identify a person, accessible to participants, to receive these complaints; and
establish procedures for receiving, handling and seeking to resolve such complaints."

I would like to raise a complaint about the conduct of this research - if this is real, there is an obligation to provide details on how I can raise a complaint.

If this is BS or badly constructed research, then you'll ignore this, and we'll know this is bogus.

Yolanda789
23-09-2014, 12:35 AM

Regards, Yolanda.

Your anonymous inputs are welcome. The study has been designed to ensure complete anonymity for all involved. The study is open for two more days.

Regards,
Yolanda.

uglyphil
23-09-2014, 12:55 AM
Is your name Chris Seage or Eamon Duff ?

Clearly, due to the lack of response from the OP about legitimate questions put to them, and the fact that they simply cut and paste previous answers (showing their laziness as a typical modern "journalist") then they are either one of these two losers, or working for them.

No questionnaire or survey EVER, and I mean EVER is conducted without basic disclosures of:

1) Who is conducting the survey
2) Who the survey is being conducted for, and
3) The reason for the survey

In addition, it is very poor form for "Yolanda" to post this without first getting permission from the forum owners to do so.

Yolanda's lack of knowledge and acknowledgment of such basic guidelines for academic research is disturbing.

Any survey without these disclosures is a bogus, crap and garbage fishing expedition and should be consigned to the bin immediately.

On another note, why are some posters suggesting that if "Yolanda" proves herself to be female they would feel more comfortable in answering the questions? Why is a female more trustworthy than a male? Take each post at its merits, regardless as to the sex of the poster and you will be far more secure in your posting life.

AHLUNGOR
23-09-2014, 01:07 AM
Your anonymous inputs are welcome. The study has been designed to ensure complete anonymity for all involved. The study is open for two more days.

Regards,
Yolanda.

Since you have completely ignored my questions and your only responses are copy and paste of your previous text. So I have sufficient suspicious to declare that you are just a :

Robo-Yolanda !

Your so called survey should therefore be totally disregarded !

Yolanda789
23-09-2014, 08:03 PM
We will keep the survey open for 1 more day. Though your input is not crucial to the survey, (this forum is only one source of ten being used),

Yolanda.

Licker
23-09-2014, 08:27 PM
Am I being paranoid?

The OP joined and posted the following day after the poet troll was banned the last time.

CunningLinguist
23-09-2014, 09:02 PM
Am I being paranoid?

The OP joined and posted the following day after the poet troll was banned the last time.

The way the OP is ignoring our posts and repeating "her" posts over and over fits the profile of the poet troll ...

Mr. Who
23-09-2014, 09:04 PM
Also the OP is using all sorts of strategies. I'm sure that no professionals will say in the survey "your input is not crucial to the survey, (this forum is only one source of ten being used)".

CunningLinguist
23-09-2014, 09:35 PM
Time to ask admin if Yolanda's IP address has been used before by another member, or banned member ?

wilisno
23-09-2014, 09:40 PM
Time to ask admin if Yolanda's IP address has been used before by another member, or banned member ?
If not posting at the same time, the IP's are most probably different anyway ! Can't prove anything ! But other signature clues work well everytime ! ;) ;) ;)

khuntong
23-09-2014, 09:58 PM
We will keep this forum open for one more days, and then your input is not crucial... So don't waste your time answering this questions...

CunningLinguist
23-09-2014, 10:02 PM
Maybe the troll is trying to collect personal info about people so he can threaten to expose them to their employers again ..

Yolanda789
23-09-2014, 10:58 PM
We will keep the survey open for 1 more day. Though your input is not crucial to the survey, (this forum is only one source of ten being used),

Yolanda.

The survey will close in 24 hours - ie at 10pm on Wednesday 24th September.

Regards,
Yolanda.

uglyphil
24-09-2014, 01:03 AM
Good riddance.

I doubt you got many replies, and any that did reply to your questions are fools for doing so.

Also, a simple search discloses that this was the only forum you posted these questions to. Not ten as you claim.

What a loser.

wilisno
24-09-2014, 01:34 AM
Am I being paranoid?

I think you're not being paranoid ! ;) ;) ;)

Yolanda789
24-09-2014, 11:38 AM
The survey/study will close today at 10pm.

Though your input is not crucial to the survey, it is nevertheless very welcome.

(note: this forum is one source of ten being used - ie Public Service Employees , Tradesmen, Legal professionals,
General Management, Factory Workers, University Students, Policemen, Private Sector/White Collar Employees (various),
General Practitioners (Doctors), Aus99 Adult Forum Members. The following subset of questions is asked to all respondents who
have confirmed they pay for sexual services. We have assumed that most Aus99 members pay for sexual services).

Regards,
Yolanda.

AHLUNGOR
24-09-2014, 11:51 AM

Regards,
Yolanda.

Great, so we won't see your post ever again !! :cool2:

RoyalFlush
24-09-2014, 11:56 AM
nah, it's not smiling giraffe. I have an idea to whom he might reincarnate into.
I think more like a journalist fishing for ideas for cheap stories to write about.

Yolanda789
24-09-2014, 02:15 PM

Though your input is not crucial to the survey, it is nevertheless very welcome.

(note: this forum is one source of ten being used - ie Public Service Employees , Tradesmen, Legal professionals,
General Management, Factory Workers, University Students, Policemen, Private Sector/White Collar Employees (various),
General Practitioners (Doctors), Aus99 Adult Forum Members. The following subset of questions is asked to all respondents who
have confirmed they pay for sexual services. We have assumed that most Aus99 members pay for sexual services).

Regards,
Yolanda.

wilisno
24-09-2014, 04:00 PM
nah, it's not smiling giraffe. I have an idea to whom he might reincarnate into.
I think more like a journalist fishing for ideas for cheap stories to write about.
Turning a deaf ear to all the questions and criticism and keep repeating the same post is the signature move of the poet troll ! ;) ;) ;)

Licker
24-09-2014, 09:20 PM

Well, if we look critically on how scientific research is done, then this is NOT a model example.

Where can you find a researcher who posts a survey to a public website 4 days before deadline?
(seriously, sites like these forums can have members who don't log in during that time).

Those would typically be researchers who need to meet a deadline before the weekend's paper goes to print and need to get some sort of story cooked up.

Yolanda789
24-09-2014, 10:34 PM

Regards,
Yolanda.

The survey will be closing at 10pm tonight. Thanks for your time and assistance.

Regards,
Yolanda

Yolanda789
24-09-2014, 10:56 PM
The survey is now closed.

Thanks & goodnight,

Yolanda.

CunningLinguist
24-09-2014, 11:01 PM
Thank god it is over ...

wilisno
24-09-2014, 11:07 PM
Game, set, match, yeah baby ! ;) ;) ;)

Mr. Who
24-09-2014, 11:54 PM
Op will you re-open the survey tomorrow due to the high demand to answer your questions?

cato
27-09-2014, 02:21 AM
I'm very curious to know how many people participated...

My guess: zero!

But if you guys are right about this Yolanda just being our troll then don't be surprised if he fabricates some stats and then he will likely critique his own fabricated data...

That man is special (but not in a good way).

harmony
27-09-2014, 10:41 AM
I replied to the Interview questions, as they were all very reasonable questions, in a legitimate survey, which will be used for good purposes

My answers were "None of your business" for all 10 questions

CunningLinguist
27-09-2014, 11:01 AM
I replied to the Interview questions, as they were all very reasonable questions, in a legitimate survey, which will be used for good purposes

My answers were "None of your business" for all 10 questions

Nice one!, what a shame the deadline has passed :)

babelx
14-10-2014, 10:41 AM
This is just a clever shop wanting more information I think. LEL.

CunningLinguist
14-10-2014, 06:30 PM
This is just a clever shop wanting more information I think. LEL.

Did you mean to say "clever" ... :)

babelx
21-10-2014, 02:12 PM
Did it finish?