PDA

View Full Version : General talk We will never stop

PunterBoy
07-10-2014, 07:16 PM
http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/tower-brothel/story-e6freuy9-1225952874084?nk=68706f134f67222ae20f8dab70a06fe6

babelx
07-10-2014, 09:13 PM
They could take a firm stance on visa arrangements which could really curb the WL/ML influx. Get to the crutch ( I mean crux) of the matter.

wilisno
07-10-2014, 09:24 PM
They could take a firm stance on visa arrangements which could really curb the WL/ML influx. Get to the crutch ( I mean crux) of the matter.

The problem here is not the number of workers, it's the number of illegal or unlawful operators ! As for workers, the more the better ! :miao:

kamo
07-10-2014, 10:47 PM
...the problem is largely caused by councils being anti brothel instead of considering each business based on its merits.

To be fair to Willoughby Council, the council being referred to in the main example, this was a brothel set up in a residential tower. Willoughby have a significant number of legitimate, licensed brothels in Artarmon - both in commercial areas like Hampden Rd and in industrial areas like Cleg St. I don't think it's fair to say that they are "anti brothel", more that they have particular zones that they prefer that brothels are located.

If a building is zoned as residential, you don't have much of a leg to stand on if you want to start a commercial operation inside.

dohdoe
08-10-2014, 06:39 PM
I would rather a brothel set up next to me rather than a mosque, Church or apartment.

Brothels are meant to be run discreetly and because of this they are less likely to devalue the surrounding property. And no one knows is there unless you actively look.

If a religious building got built next to my home I can imagine weekends never being quiet ever again.

Atomique
08-10-2014, 07:10 PM
Illegal brothels should be stamped out. The Government needs to find ways to streamline and expedite the eviction process!

To say an unlicensed brothel is like an unlicensed restaurant ignores two key issues:

1. an unlicensed and unregulated brothel raises very legitimate concerns about public health and safety. A better analogy for an unlicensed brothel might be an unlicensed chiropractor or pet store!

2. everybody loves restaurants but the community is divided on the sex industry. When unregulated brothels start popping up in apartment buildings and masquarading as legit massage shops the community gets pissed. Thats when laws start to get changed!

NSW has fantastic brothel laws! Those greedy unlicensed operators run the risk of ruining things for everyone!

wilisno
08-10-2014, 07:11 PM
I would rather a brothel set up next to me rather than a mosque, Church or apartment.

Brothels are meant to be run discreetly and because of this they are less likely to devalue the surrounding property. And no one knows is there unless you actively look.

If a religious building got built next to my home I can imagine weekends never being quiet ever again.
A brothel can be noisy too, some girls are very loud ! ;) ;) ;)

alancar
23-10-2014, 07:47 PM
If there is demand, someone will find a way to supply.