PDA

View Full Version : General talk Low fertility rates in South Korea !

gpeck80
10-10-2014, 09:11 PM
Well I guess we're gonna have to do our bit and go over there and impregnate a bunch of hot young Korean women. Its the least we can do. Sigh such a chore.

http://www.news.com.au/lifestyle/real-life/south-korea-breeding-itself-into-extinction/story-fnixwvgh-1227038949605?utm_source=outbrain&utm_medium=cpc&utm_campaign=lifestyle

harmony
10-10-2014, 09:33 PM
The future of South Korea is under threat with the Asian nation suffering such an alarming declining fertility rate that South Korea will cease to exist by 2750
Does that mean another 736 years of KPS ?

Just kidding
Highest regards to the South Korea people, and having to deal with their deranged Northern neighbours

gpeck80
15-10-2014, 11:44 PM
Kim Jong Ill is now sending a hit squad to yer home Harmony. Just leave some food on the front patio, theyll eat and then leave.

RoyalFlush
21-10-2014, 11:40 AM
The article says affordability is the main reason for not having babies. This suggest to me that S Korean people are good financial managers which is a good thing. I think the concept of increased reproduction so the new generation can contribute more tax revenue to support the older generation is a flawed economic structure, otherwise you will get multilevel marketing type of socioeconomic sustenance. You want quality people who knows how to take care of themselves not quantity.

Maybe not related but according to this table, S Korea is the second country in the world with the highest average IQ
http://www.statisticbrain.com/countries-with-the-highest-lowest-average-iq/

The advanced and more educated country is already following suit to cope with rising living costs in contrast to the poorer/ poorly managed country which has higher fertility rate
http://data.worldbank.org/indicator/SP.DYN.TFRT.IN

Coincidence? I think not.

harmony
21-10-2014, 12:23 PM
Brothers
Truly revealing look into life in North Korea, by a young person who escaped

This lady tells how one of her fellow North Koreans was executed simply for watching a US movie

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2798923/north-korean-escapee-yeonmi-park-opens-harrowing-speech-raise-awareness-terrorised-populace-living-brutal-regime.html

How we can let this regime continue in 2014 is beyond me

I know its too difficult to intervene, but seriously, this is a nationwide concentration camp

Peace to all

RottenLittlePunt
21-10-2014, 12:39 PM
Brothers
Truly revealing look into life in North Korea, by a young person who escaped

This lady tells how one of her fellow North Koreans was executed simply for watching a US movie

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2798923/north-korean-escapee-yeonmi-park-opens-harrowing-speech-raise-awareness-terrorised-populace-living-brutal-regime.html

How we can let this regime continue in 2014 is beyond me

I know its too difficult to intervene, but seriously, this is a nationwide concentration camp

Peace to all

Same thing happens in China. Many people disappeared just before the 25 year anniversary of Tiananmen Square. So how do you force N Korea to abide by our standards but welcome China with open arms?

Also, everyone talks about how Kim Jong-un is crazy and trying to create a name for himself similar to his nutjob father. He is unpredictable and suspected of holding chemical and nuclear weapons.
Would you recommend poking a crazy Taipan with a toothpick if you thought it was doing the wrong thing?

harmony
21-10-2014, 12:44 PM
I agree RLP

China blocks Google and a lot of Western internet sites, as a form of censorship

But we have no choice but to recognise the Chinese communist party as a nation
By trading with China, we are helping to bring more people into middle class, and allow them the economic freedom to be comfortable
And of course we are making ourselves richer too, by selling stuff that we have underground (resources)

Sadly, Australian economy is based on us being good at digging stuff out of the ground
Smarter countries like Singapore have no such underground wealth to rely on, so have to rely on hard work only !

The difference is that China allows us to travel to their country, and also allows Chinese students to travel and study in Australia, so they can see democracy and freedom in action
North Korea allows no such liberties - free travel between our countries is forbidden, and North Koreans are not allowed to leave the country easily

RottenLittlePunt
21-10-2014, 04:09 PM
I agree RLP

China blocks Google and a lot of Western internet sites, as a form of censorship

But we have no choice but to recognise the Chinese communist party as a nation
By trading with China, we are helping to bring more people into middle class, and allow them the economic freedom to be comfortable
And of course we are making ourselves richer too, by selling stuff that we have underground (resources)

Sadly, Australian economy is based on us being good at digging stuff out of the ground
Smarter countries like Singapore have no such underground wealth to rely on, so have to rely on hard work only !

The difference is that China allows us to travel to their country, and also allows Chinese students to travel and study in Australia, so they can see democracy and freedom in action
North Korea allows no such liberties - free travel between our countries is forbidden, and North Koreans are not allowed to leave the country easily

True, N Korea is an extreme example, but there are many of our friends that still shows signs of residual fascism.

You raise a good point about trading with these types of countries. It has always been known in economic circles that sanctions on a country hurt the populace more than it does the regime in power. Does trading with these types of countries assist the people more than it does the regime? Depends on how corrupt the government is.

Mikey75
21-10-2014, 05:50 PM
I just could help myself and proclaim that I love tanned Korean MLs. Not the white pastey ones.

dohdoe
21-10-2014, 06:43 PM
Also, everyone talks about how Kim Jong-un is crazy and trying to create a name for himself similar to his nutjob father. He is unpredictable and suspected of holding chemical and nuclear weapons.

The North Korean leadership aren't crazy as we are led to believe by Western media. Western democracies are so skilled at propaganda that other countries like russia and china can only dream that they are that good.

North korean leadership would never go to war. Their lifestyle is too fantastic to give up. They probably get rnts everyday for all we know. Its just everyone else not politically connected that suffers.