PDA

View Full Version : Complaint Jarryd Hayne going to NFL without even a contract ! WTF is he thinking ??

AHLUNGOR
16-10-2014, 10:23 AM
Jarryd Hayne rejected the opportunity to sign the most lucrative deal in the NRL's history because after two years of thinking about it the Parramatta superstar believed he had the most vital ingredient needed to break into the super-competitive NFL.

"My ability," he said on Wednesday.

I think the American football is a very different game brother ! Good luck to you ! :anger::surprise:

Midnight_Prowl
16-10-2014, 10:24 AM
it is called chasing your dream!!!!!
Unlike other sportsman who chases $$$$, he is only man who is going to follow his heart.

pepefirstlove
16-10-2014, 11:16 AM
it is called chasing your dream!!!!!
Unlike other sportsman who chases $$$$, he is only man who is going to follow his heart.

Isn't NFL players earn more money than NRL? but if this really his drram... Then good luck to him.

Midnight_Prowl
16-10-2014, 11:24 AM
Isn't NFL players earn more money than NRL? but if this really his drram... Then good luck to him.

ONLY TOP PLAYERS.... i believe NFL teams sign about 50-60 player each. and not all player play NFL game. minimum Wage is $100K is US and that is only if you make it to top 50. After that if he plays a NFL game his salary could go upto $400K.

But his current salary is $1M in parra, and David Smith did mention he was about use special exemption thing. so he could hv been earning $1.2-$2M if he stayed in NRL. but being at 26 :startle: he decided to pursue his dream and tryout for NFL.

It will be hard but he always can come back to NRL if he wants.

gentlescream
17-10-2014, 12:23 PM
Followed this game all my life. But yeah - if you have the athleticism, it's worth giving a shot, no matter how competitive it may be.

53 players per roster + some practice squad players. Rookie contracts usually amount to about $420K (US) before taxes.

He wants to be a punt returner (most equivalent role would be that of a fullback - offensively, not defensively) and I think there's chance in there somewhere. I think Midnight_Prowl got it right - he's only 26, can give it a run for 2,3 years and see where he is, come back if necessary.

If you're gonna regret it either way (wonder what if, fail while going for it), why not do something rather than stay idle?

Omen
17-10-2014, 01:14 PM
good on him for chasing his dream, but i think when reggie bush came here during state of origin game 2 and geed hayne up saying he could play in the NFL is prob one of the reason why he went also and thinks he can make it there. BUt good luck too him.

And yeah American sports players get paid big time. NBA players have a mini salary of 500k. So a bench wamer who sits there and does jack gets 500k for cheering the squad

AHLUNGOR
17-10-2014, 01:46 PM
Put it this way, if the Haynes plane gets a take off in the NFL, I'll be watching him, just don't know if it will be on Fox or ESPN ?

mask
17-10-2014, 03:14 PM
Im just wondering if his body can handle it.
I hear it's a pretty full on contact sport and a lot of the guys are huge mother fuckers (wouldn't want to be tackled by one for sure)
There's a reason why they wear all that padding and helmet (not for fashion!), and even then you can still get hurt easily.

ad.myra
17-10-2014, 03:28 PM
Good on him I say. Not many people have the balls to make the leap.

WHITEDUDE
19-10-2014, 12:55 PM
Gook luck to him, I hope he does well.

WHITEDUDE
19-10-2014, 04:48 PM
Bros check this out
http://wwos.ninemsn.com.au/article.aspx?id=8920274

Omen
20-10-2014, 02:01 AM
Good on him might go to the lions. Now im certain the major reason he risked it was cos of reggie bush if he never met reggie bush dont think he would have pulled the trigger and quit.

harden13
20-10-2014, 02:19 AM
Yeah saw this news not too long ago too :)
It's good to see more Aussies heading over to try out more US dominated sports !
I know more Aussies are getting into NBA teams now :cool2:
Goodluck to all Aussies over in the US sports industry, let it be NBA or NFL hah!

the_boss_king
20-10-2014, 12:04 PM
poor parramatta, they were just starting to become good again lol

anyway we all know why he moved. $$$$$$$$

AHLUNGOR
20-10-2014, 03:05 PM
OK, after the news was broken last week, I have got a bit more information and I think I have changed part of my view on Jarryd's move, let's just say that I am now more supportive for Jarryd to have a go at his dream rather than just finishing his career with Parramatta and die wondering what if ?? and Not know if he would have made it !!

I suppose the bottom line is, Jarryd is only 27, even if he spent two years at the States chasing his dream, if it doesn't work out, he can also come back to NRL, he may not get the $6.5 millions contracts any more, but at 29, if he is injury free, he would still be among the top 10 best paid NRL players for a few more years yet - Just like Sam Burgress would have !!

So, for the record, I would say, good on you Jarryd Hayne ! Hope your dream come true and make it to the NFL field !

May be because of you, I will watch some NFL matches in the near future and try to understand the game a bit more................haha

harmony
20-10-2014, 03:27 PM
Hey Ahlungor
Everything about Jarryd Hayne's move to the USA makes sense. Everything

What doesnt make sense is why he would return to Parramatta
No offence to anyone, but Parramatta will never win the NRL Premiership, while it remains a one man team
And as many NRL players have said, winning a Premiership is a far more intense and memorable feeling than winning a Kangaroos jersey

All the greats of the game have won Premierships. From Cameron Smith, to Mal Meninga, to Brad Fittler, to Darren Lockyer, to Andrew Johns

Even the joint winner of the 2014 Dally M Award with Jarryd Haynes, for 'Player of the Year 2014' - Jonathan Thurston - has won a Premiership with the North Queensland Cowboys

If I was Jarryd's manager, I would be planning a move to another NRL club if the NFL attempt is unsuccessful

Parramatta ? Jarryd is wasting his talents with such a team

Peace

CommanderM
20-10-2014, 03:35 PM
many AFL players have succeeded in NFL in the past in moving from AFL to NFL.

Jarryd Hayne on a personal level has won the State of Origin with NSW.

NRL players earn very little money compared to what they get in the US the endorsements are 100 million.

you can check out what other big sportsmen earn in the USA - like NBA, baseball stars etc

He is quick and agile and there's a lot of interest from 3 NFL teams in the USA already.

he is like many Australians who are pursuing a dream in USA. I wish him good luck.

the sad thing is if he makes it, he might start a rush of many other talented NRL players in trying out for the NFL.

lets see how he goes before we judge him.

I say dont write him off just yet.

AHLUNGOR
20-10-2014, 04:14 PM
Hey Ahlungor
Everything about Jarryd Hayne's move to the USA makes sense. Everything

What doesnt make sense is why he would return to Parramatta
No offence to anyone, but Parramatta will never win the NRL Premiership, while it remains a one man team
And as many NRL players have said, winning a Premiership is a far more intense and memorable feeling than winning a Kangaroos jersey

All the greats of the game have won Premierships. From Cameron Smith, to Mal Meninga, to Brad Fittler, to Darren Lockyer, to Andrew Johns

Even the joint winner of the 2014 Dally M Award with Jarryd Haynes, for 'Player of the Year 2014' - Jonathan Thurston - has won a Premiership with the North Queensland Cowboys

If I was Jarryd's manager, I would be planning a move to another NRL club if the NFL attempt is unsuccessful

Parramatta ? Jarryd is wasting his talents with such a team

Peace

Two things brother Harmony:

Firstly, Jarryd said he wanted to be a one club man, so I assume when he returns to nrl he will go back to parra!

But we will see, the last person who said he would never play against the west tiger ended up playing for St George !

Secondly, JT didn't win a premiership with the cowboys! They made the GF but was beaten by Benji Marshall! He did however win a premiership with the Dogs !

But he famously gave his ring to his captain Steve Price who was suspended ! So until he wins another premiership, he has nothing to show !

Cheers

Midnight_Prowl
20-10-2014, 06:58 PM
Willi mason tried out with New York jets while and got rejected....

Interesting is reggie bush, invited/recommend Hayne to Detroit lions. I honestly think he would suit Denver....

Sextus
20-10-2014, 07:08 PM
I heard that the kick receiver / returners in American football are really fast, like in the low 10s for the 100 metres. Do the kick returners sidestep like in league?

Like others here, I know next to nothing about gridiron. But Jarryd says he's been playing it on x-box all year! :shout:

AHLUNGOR
21-10-2014, 09:19 AM
Hey guys, remember not long ago we had the Major League Baseball season opener in the SCG??

Far forward 5 years from now and Hayne is doing well with one of the top NFL team and they bring a game to the ANZ and sold out the stadium . Won't that be something !

harmony
21-10-2014, 09:46 AM
All good points bro Ahlungor

Apologies for the error, I mistakenly thought North Queensland had won a Premiership

I did read about Thurston giving his 2004 Premiership ring won with Canterbury, to his team mate, Steve Price. What a gesture

My point is still valid, to be a true great in the game, its usually the case that you have won at least one NRL Premiership

And agreed, would be great to see Hayne bring an NFL game here. Would be a full ANZ stadium for sure !

the_boss_king
21-10-2014, 02:41 PM
Hayne plane lol

AHLUNGOR
22-12-2014, 03:05 PM
Jarryd Hayne NFL: Former rugby league superstar’s American dream within sight

JARRYD Hayne has achieved what most critics thought he’d never do — secure a contract on an NFL team.

Visa complications prevented Hayne from signing with a club two weeks ago.

It’s understood the former rugby league star would have most likely already been on a practice squad now.

HAYNE ‘HAS A TEAM’ BUT VISA ISSUE HALTS SIGNING

This didn’t eventuate though and it’s why Hayne has been forced to temporarily return home for Christmas, before he can officially sign a futures contract after December 29.

However, any player on a futures contract isn’t part of the team’s 90-man roster until March 10 when the 2015 league year officially begins.

Hayne refused to reveal the club saying, “you will find out in the due course”.

It has been reported that Detroit is ‘closing in’ on a deal with the 26-year-old and while they are heavily favoured, The Daily Telegraph also understands San Diego could be in the mix given it’s his base for training.

Either way, Hayne has secured a position on a squad and is set to be paid a minimum of $6000 a week — which is more than most NRL players would earn from a full-time contract.

The Hayne deal comes 12 months after fellow Australian Brad Wing secured a similar futures contract as a punter with the Pittsburgh Steelers where he still plays and is set to perform in the playoffs.

“The biggest hurdle was the visa and they can’t get it sorted out until just after Christmas,” Hayne told The Daily Telegraph on Sunday.

“That’s the main reason I have come home, because there is no point if I can’t be with the team.

“You can’t even be in the facility for longer than 24 hours if you haven’t signed a contract and I couldn’t sign a contract without a visa.

“So we’ll have that sorted after Christmas and then in the new year I’ll have a team.

Based on Hayne’s application to his NFL mission thus far, you’d have to think twice about not backing him to fulfil his dream.

harmony
22-12-2014, 07:12 PM
Great news. Hope he gets a working visa, and he can chase his dreams
The NRL is small change compared to what he can potentially earn in the USA
Just hope as a professional US sportsman, he doesnt blow all his dough like Antoine Walker, who lost $110 million his 20 year basketball career (blowing $5.5 million a year)

http://finance.yahoo.com/news/former-nba-star-antoine-walker--life-after-losing--110-million-214644672.html

Debo
22-12-2014, 08:25 PM
Its win win for him and he knows it. He can live his dream and have a try at NFL which he may succeed in and make more money than the NRL. If he fails he will get back in the NRL and make more money than he did at paramatta as almost every team will chase him after his great plays for the state of origin and the steller form his was in the last season.

AHLUNGOR
03-03-2015, 02:34 PM
Congratulations to Jarryd Hayne for signing with the San Francisco 49ers !

Go get them and do us proud mate and hope your dream will come true very soon !!

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2015-03-03/jarryd-hayne-signs-contract-with-san-francisco-49ers/6276822

harmony
03-03-2015, 04:26 PM
Success is measured by a paying contract, and it seems like Hayne has indeed been offered a legitimate paying contract:

"The deal is worth $US100,000 and guarantees him a spot at the club for 15-20 weeks."

Lets just get this right. This contract allows him to join a training squad of 90 other players. It doesnt mean he gets to play an actual football match !

But well done to get offered any type of contract

We all know, Hayne is so talented, that he could organise an NRL Rugby League contract later in 2015 for 2016 if things dont work out

Actually, he is sacrificing a LOT. In the NRL he would be one of the highest paid players, and with personal sponsorships added, he would be worth >$800 000 per year in Australia ! (Im being conservative)

So his current US contract of $US100,000 is actually chickenfeed. Oh well, if he does secure a playing role in the NFL, he would then demand much more than $US 100,000

So in simple maths, in 2015 he could have earnt at least $800 000 with Rugby League, in 2015 in the US Football he has $100 000 so far.
Thus this year he has gone without $700 000 in his attempts to secure a playing contract in the USA
What could you do with $700 000 ?

Talk about risking all to pursue a new goal. The guy has balls.

I wish him all the best - this story has not finished yet !

Miyamoto
03-03-2015, 10:09 PM
I wonder if he'll have more of a target on his back, you know, smash the Aussie League player to show him how tough NFL is

Debo
04-03-2015, 08:27 AM
Pound for pound the NFL does have the hardest hitters in the football genres (thanks to roids and body armor). Saying that the forward pack in the NFL mostly are fat and stocky and not muscle like the forwards in the NRL.

Taking hits won't be a issue for him I'd say. If hes successful he will be pursuing a dream and making major cash, if he's not he can come back to league and get paid upwards on a million a season. He knows this and its the only reason he has taken the chance.

Best of luck to him!

harmony
05-03-2015, 12:28 PM
Its still a dream at this point, but if Hayne was able to make the San Francisco playing team, he will open the gates for the more solid and fast running Australian Rugby League players. Bring it on !

Jarryd Haynes speed and power were the things that attracted the Americans

This is Jarryd Hayne, today, talking himself about the current situation

http://www.2gb.com/article/alan-jones-jarryd-hayne

AHLUNGOR
17-08-2015, 02:06 PM
And Congratulations to Jarryd Hayne for making an impressive debut in a preseason trial game for the 49ers !!

A maiden 53 yards run !! you beauty, glad to see that he is one step closer to his dream !!

http://www.news.com.au/sport/american-sports/australian-media-cops-jarryd-hayne-warning/story-fnq2nnu6-1227486368513

http://resources3.news.com.au/images/2015/08/17/1227486/367387-664b7f8a-445f-11e5-b83a-5887e9d6a545.jpg

imaragingbull
17-08-2015, 02:49 PM
Too right - good on him for making an impressive start.

Unfortunately this might raise some unrealistic expectations for this season... 49ers have already 2 locks for RB and remains to be seen if they'll carry 3 or 4 RBs in their squad.

Regardless, he's done very well so far and I hope he's training hard and continues to impress!

AHLUNGOR
24-08-2015, 04:09 PM
The Hayne plane continues to fly in Dallas !!

https://twitter.com/NFL/status/635606845999022080?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw

And from the commentary: Goodday mate ! he does it a couple more times and we all gonna be eating vegemite up here !!

https://twitter.com/NFL/status/635610272141410309?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw

And from the commentary: It's ridiculous ! I mean, Jimmy Thompson said it last week that he is a world class professional athlete and he continues to show it !!

https://twitter.com/NFL/status/635630444512346112?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw

And from the commentary: I'll say it right now, this is the story of the pre-season in Pro Football ! it really is !!. This guys has never played football before, a terrific rugby player, but just his abilities...........

Oneonone
24-08-2015, 05:39 PM
Its his dream and a big big gamble but he has backed himself and looks like he will make it good luck to him.

AHLUNGOR
24-08-2015, 07:02 PM
Its his dream and a big big gamble but he has backed himself and looks like he will make it good luck to him.

If the American football commentators comments are anything to go by, I think he has made it alright !!

The story of the pre season in Pro football ! How cool is that !

I must say I was one of those who wasn't so sure about his move - hence the title but I am happy to be proven wrong and glad to see him made it big in the US !

AHLUNGOR
24-08-2015, 07:05 PM
BTW, I have a question :

From someone who don't know much about the NFL, can Hayne score a touch down from the position he is now trailing ??

imaragingbull
24-08-2015, 10:15 PM
Of course he can, but it's tough! Just like scoring a length of the field try... Needs the right moment though

Good for him! I was a doubter too, but will no doubt celebrate later this week with my own form of Punt Returning!!

AHLUNGOR
25-08-2015, 06:46 PM
Now that we are all pretty happy about the Hayne move to NFL , may I ask the forum who do you think can also make it over there if they follow Hayne's foot step ?

Greg Inglis when fully fit ?

Israel Folau ?

Roger , whatever his name is at the rooster ? Sorry , I can't spell that !

Any one else ?

Gregorious
25-08-2015, 07:18 PM
Neither of these 3.

GI too weak in the knees.

Roger not enough bulk and power to bust through. His feet are magic but not a strong enough package

Issy maybe if he stayed in NRL and bulked up but not nowadays.

Sextus
25-08-2015, 07:40 PM
The commentary is that now that he has opened up a lot of eyes over there, if the 69ers don't include him in their cut of 56 than there will be plenty of other clubs ready to swoop on him.

I remember a game a few years ago, against St George Illawarra I think, where he just seemed to float and jink his way through about nine players from about 40 metres out to score. The defensive lines in league are tough and it takes special talents to consistently be able to break the lines and also to beat multiple players in broken play.

I don't know much about NFL defence, but Hayne's league training plus his special talent might make their defence more vulnerable to his skills. Rather than a straight line defence, if NFL players come at him one at a time, his league training (and talent) will make mincemeat of them.The NFL might not have the same defence culture, that is, their approach to it is different and has evolved within their own playing culture all the way from their little league. Nor may it have the same stepping and swerving and jinking attack in their running backs that league has. If Hayne is a big success, their coaches will take note and he may end up changing aspects of the game of NFL itself!!

Eg. Interviewers had to ask him what he calls a manoeovre he did to evade a tackle that they weren't familiar with. He replied, "It's called a fend." Also, apparently unlike the NFL players, he was swapping the arm in which he held the ball depending on where the defence was so that he could use his fend. These league techniques apparently are all new to gridiron!

A dominant sporting culture breeds the type of athletes that suit the game, and so change is by definition a very slow thing because of inbred playing instincts. So it is not too easy for gridiron players to try to copy him.

imaragingbull
25-08-2015, 08:56 PM
69ers!!!! I think you're slightly off there, but given where we are, it seems fitting! ;-)

Squad of 53, but who cares about that!

It all bodes well for Jayne, though, good on him!

From rugby, Folau maybe as a Punt Return also or WideReceiver?

Ma'a Nonu as a running back?

Will Skelton has plenty of size too...

Sextus
25-08-2015, 10:21 PM
69ers!!!! I think you're slightly off there, but given where we are, it seems fitting! ;-)

Lol an honest mistake. But I haven't seen their cheerleaders yet - so I might not be so wrong after all! :shout:

gentlescream
26-08-2015, 12:01 AM
Honestly, as a life long Niner fan, I wasn't too sure of what to make of my team taking him on. I knew his athleticism alone would give him more than a legitimate shot at making the final roster. But cutting out all the factors like it being simply the pre-season, playing against backups, he's showing much more than I ever expected at this stage.

I don't know much about NFL defence, but Hayne's league training plus his special talent might make their defence more vulnerable to his skills. Rather than a straight line defence, if NFL players come at him one at a time, his league training (and talent) will make mincemeat of them.

But I'm not quite agreeing with this part. Sextus has a good point, but within the highlight runs that we have seen, the offensive line had excellent blocking up front and placed Hayne in the open field quite easily. Yes Hayne can "make mincemeat out of them" - but many, if not most, NFL running backs can do as such in the open field when defenders come at them one at a time. A few special players that dominate in the open field come and go, but I don't think Hayne's league experience+talent has exactly placed him in that special region (but I would agree that he's not his the ceiling).

But still, that doesn't mean he's undervalued. I agree with the NFL commentators saying he's the biggest story of the off season. I am very impressed of how he's switching hands with the ball as necessary. His stiff arm yesterday was sick as.
He has solidified the #4 RB spot and will most likely end up #3 on the chart at this pace, Kendall Hunter's injury.

I'm gonna tune in this season anyway, like I've done in the past, since it's my Niners, but I definitely invite anyone interested in Hayne to do so as well. Returns and #3 RB carries occur only oh so many times in a game, but I feel that the opportunity to see him improve alone should be worth it.

Bigfoot
26-08-2015, 12:28 AM
I have simple view time will tell.

I played a both games and still love Rugby league. I played union at a higher grade then league because was more unfit and union fitted it better. When NFL started to do some promo stuff in the late 90's early 00's here I was partaking in a team. I find it a slow but more technical game and I have to say, To see Hayne change over is great.

How far he goes ? I don't know, I never played back line I was a blocker apparently.

This whole thought of more players ? I don't think too many. The US has enough population and it will take big talent to make it over. Specialist kickers have but again, you do need a massive X factor.

I all so think reason some players won't go. They don't have the mental edge to live on own change countries. We have seen it here in NRL. they struggle with moving cities or moving away from family.

SBW might have but same reason he will return to the roosters after world cup. He has home and family here in Aus not NZ.

Hayne has the determination and I guess with less baggage - easier to take mum with him only lol.

I don't think too many of these so called superstars will both make it or make the leap.

AHLUNGOR
26-08-2015, 11:57 AM
I have simple view time will tell.

I played a both games and still love Rugby league. I played union at a higher grade then league because was more unfit and union fitted it better. When NFL started to do some promo stuff in the late 90's early 00's here I was partaking in a team. I find it a slow but more technical game and I have to say, To see Hayne change over is great.

How far he goes ? I don't know, I never played back line I was a blocker apparently.

This whole thought of more players ? I don't think too many. The US has enough population and it will take big talent to make it over. Specialist kickers have but again, you do need a massive X factor.

I all so think reason some players won't go. They don't have the mental edge to live on own change countries. We have seen it here in NRL. they struggle with moving cities or moving away from family.

SBW might have but same reason he will return to the roosters after world cup. He has home and family here in Aus not NZ.

Hayne has the determination and I guess with less baggage - easier to take mum with him only lol.

I don't think too many of these so called superstars will both make it or make the leap.

Thanks for a few insights there brother Bigfoot !!

So, when you named yourself Bigfoot, you were not kidding right.............lol

And thanks for bringing up Sonny Bill Williams, when I posted my post asking who else is likely to make it there, I knew I missed someone, and SBW was the one !!

And how about Jonah Lomu at his peak ??

http://www.teara.govt.nz/files/40030-nzh.jpg

AHLUNGOR
27-08-2015, 11:42 AM
Read it on the paper yesterday that Channel 7 is now negotiating with NFL for broadcasting rights to all the 49'ers games for the coming season, talking about riding high on the Haynes Plane, you got to hand it to Channel 7, never missed a beat !! Then again, they are currently the only commercial channel that is showing some NFL games on 7Mate !!

Good on you 7 Mate, if they are showing the 49'ers games with Hayne in it, I will definitely be watching that's for sure, may be my first time ever full NFL game is happening very soon.

Go Jarryd !!

AHLUNGOR
06-09-2015, 03:15 PM
It's official !

The Hayne Plane has taken off in San Francisco ! He's done it!

Hayne has made the final cut for the 49ers and will be playing NFL in season 2015/16!

Well done mate, your dream has come true !!

Congratulations to Jarryd Hayne, his family and his team behind him ! Good on you Mate !

And channel 7 has reached an unexpected gold mine as they have the right to 3 NFL games every week ! Surely we are all gonna tune in to watch Hayne right ? The rating will be like Origin every week for 7Mate !

Cheers

rooter
06-09-2015, 03:18 PM
Read it on the paper yesterday that Channel 7 is now negotiating with NFL for broadcasting rights to all the 49'ers games for the coming season, talking about riding high on the Haynes Plane, you got to hand it to Channel 7, never missed a beat !! Then again, they are currently the only commercial channel that is showing some NFL games on 7Mate !!

Good on you 7 Mate, if they are showing the 49'ers games with Hayne in it, I will definitely be watching that's for sure, may be my first time ever full NFL game is happening very soon.

Go Jarryd !!

Actually HD 1 (a subsidiary of 10) were showing NFL games free to air all of last year.
But now 7 has the contract it seems.
I watched a few games and really tried to get into it, and tried really hard to keep an open mind and try and appreciate it.
But in the end it's a really stupid game, just designed to sneak in as many ad breaks as possible.
The Americans somehow managed to take perfect and simple game like rugby (league or union) and turn it into the tedious, boring, anal retentive monstrosity that is NFL/Gridiron/American Football.
But good luck to Jarryd, I hope he does well and makes lots of money.

Sextus
20-10-2015, 02:56 PM
At first we were grateful for Hayne to be picked up by an NFL team - a huge achievement. We didn't know enough about their competition to know that the 49ers are a bit of a dud team in the comp. Their string of losses have people questioning the coach.

I am too. He is losing games while he has got an absolute champion elusive runner warming the bench for all but a few minutes of the entire game.

He has one of the great elusive broken field runners in the world. That is all he needs to know - geddit? Mate, you are LOSING GAMES. So get your fucking act together. Use the talent you have got, and f**k off your snobbery and the caution you have because he didn't grow up in the gridiron game, caution about using the 'rugby" player who played the "passing game" as you call it.

You only need to know ONE THING about him. He will advance you up the field better than anyone else you have on the 'king roster. He did it in league without tackle blockers for f**ks sake.

He used to play 80 minutes of football. Now this idiot has got him playing only THREE minutes. Hayne is too polite and nice and grateful a guy to complain, but there are hints at his frustration. How is he going to get even better at it at three minutes of play per game!! :burn: At this rate he'll play out his entire NFL career over the time he spent on a footy field in one league game. It's ***king ridiculous.

Midnight_Prowl
20-10-2015, 07:50 PM
He just chosen wrong team. If he decided to leave 49ers, there will be at least one team who will after him like lions.

If bell gets injured he should go to steelers or rams.

AHLUNGOR
21-10-2015, 08:56 AM
He just chosen wrong team. If he decided to leave 49ers, there will be at least one team who will after him like lions.

If bell gets injured he should go to steelers or rams.

Didn't he made some friend with some 49er player hence the opportunity for the try out and pre season training with the Team? Without those initial connection I don't think he would even get a look in !

The way he started the journey, I don't think he was in any position to choose a top team ? Just any team which will give him a go ?

jamesbond007
24-10-2015, 01:02 PM
The bookies now have him at about $1.70 to be cut by the 49ers, lets hope not, hate to see him at the roosters next year. Just give him some space and every time he has beaten the first few defenders.

AHLUNGOR
24-10-2015, 02:59 PM
I think he had dropped the ball a few times and based on his NRL experiences in catching the high ball , this is the one area he should not have slipped up. The team is struggling, so hard to see if he could turn things around on his own - unlike when he was playing for Parramatta where he could win a game , in fact many games on his own !

49ers has some injury concern too, so if Hayne stays healthy and tough it out, his season is far from over.

Just need to hold on to the punt return ? And try to score a touch down sooner rather than later !

Go Hayne plane !!

Sextus
25-10-2015, 12:28 PM
I've never seen more than a few seconds of a gridiron game played, so I'm far from an expert! I've only got league and union as my guides.

But in the few seconds I saw the other day, Hayne was making his usual elusive run, had beaten about three players, when he was totally crunched from behind by several big players. I don't know where they came from, probably Hayne's swerving run had slowed his forward field movement up enough for the tacklers running a straight line to catch him.

Anyway, they came from behind like a freight train and totally crunched him by surprise, and in a survival situation with 350kg of beef hitting him the ball came loose.

I read the NFL selectors and public attitudes are absolutely ruthless. (Not to mention the physical way the game is played.) An Australian recently playing in top flight college football before a crowd of 115,000 - just for college football! - lost the ball when all he needed to do was punt it downfield with seconds to go. The opposing team gathered the ball up and scored a touchdown and the game. He later got death threats for ***king up!!

They will brand a player with weaknesses at the drop of an hat, and although we know that Hayne's ball security is good, his first touch in NFL was to spill a catch, and he's fumbled it twice more since. Given the fuck all limited game time he gets - a few minutes a game - it is like he is spending 40% of his playing time fumbling the ball! F**k me. Unfair as it is, the ruthless selection panel and the public eye will easily start to make judgements about the novelty 'rugby' player. A fun story for a few weeks, but now it is time to get serious and get back to hard core NFL.

Maybe it is the pigskin itself that is tricky. It looks pretty small and narrow compared to a league or union ball.

http://i92.photobucket.com/albums/l5/waveflows/pigskin%201_zpspwy9fexd.jpg (http://s92.photobucket.com/user/waveflows/media/pigskin%201_zpspwy9fexd.jpg.html)

AHLUNGOR
23-05-2016, 04:54 PM
Jarryd Hayne now flying his plane towards Rio Gold via Rugby 7 with Fiji !

Didn't do too well on a winning side though.

WHITEDUDE
23-05-2016, 06:49 PM
I wish him well, he just needs to adjust.:cool2:

jnk
24-05-2016, 07:51 AM
I wish him luck but i don't think he will make it.
Fiji are world champions - they don't need him.
Hayne doesn't really know the 7s game enough to slot into the best team.
Hayne is also not fit enough.

If he had decided on this move 12 or 18 months ago I'd give him more of a chance but 2 months out? Unlikely.

the_boss_king
26-05-2016, 12:44 PM
jarrad hayne playing for the super leagues now. he played better at nrl then any of the other sports in my opinion.
he should just go back

AHLUNGOR
26-05-2016, 01:06 PM
jarrad hayne playing for the super leagues now. he played better at nrl then any of the other sports in my opinion.
he should just go back

Thanks Bro,

Wasn't aware of that, which team ??

cuteguy
26-05-2016, 01:19 PM
He was playing for Fiji now. What's this guy doing wandering from one code of footy to another?

imaragingbull
26-05-2016, 01:20 PM
Don't think that that is correct? He will go into a training camp with the Fiji side to trial for the Olympic Squad. He should not make it as he lacks the skills and fitness for 7s rugby at short notice.

While he was a superstar in Rugby League, he can not just cross over instantly to other professional sports. To say he's good enough for the NFL or a World Champion 7s side at short notice is almost insulting to those athletes.

Where will he end up after this failed effort? Back in western Sydney?

AHLUNGOR
26-05-2016, 01:25 PM
Don't think that that is correct? He will go into a training camp with the Fiji side to trial for the Olympic Squad. He should not make it as he lacks the skills and fitness for 7s rugby at short notice.

While he was a superstar in Rugby League, he can not just cross over instantly to other professional sports. To say he's good enough for the NFL or a World Champion 7s side at short notice is almost insulting to those athletes.

Where will he end up after this failed effort? Back in western Sydney?

But if he joins the Eels again, they will immediately have another salary cap crisis or scandal ..........lol !!

imaragingbull
26-05-2016, 01:35 PM
Arguably where things went wrong... Paying far too much for this mercenary.

We were all fools to believe it was his dream/destiny to play in the NFL..

What will it be next week?