PDA

View Full Version : General talk Dating Western vs ABC vs FOBs

Good_guy_Greg
02-11-2014, 11:02 AM
This is a dating/relationship thread, NOT a WL/ML thread, so please try hard not to mix them together :cool2:

I know there are lots of experienced brothers here, and I am asking you to share your experience :)

When it comes to trying to date a girl, like pursuing, asking her out etc, do you find there is any difference between western girls, ABC girls, and fob (fresh off the boat) girls? For arguments sake, let's say someone is ABC if they have an Australian accent, and someone is fob if their English ain't that great.

I personally find that advice given from my friends is that with western girls, you meet them once or twice and ask them out on a DATE. Like, you have to be pretty specific that it is a DATE. If you don't be specific, they think you just want to be friends.

With fob girls, I think you have to be friends first, for a longer time, before they will even consider going out with you one on one. But when you do ask them out, they know it is a date, even if you are not specific that it is a date, as long as it is one on one. And also, there is no equality here - you pay for everything and if she likes you she will put out.

I don't know about ABC girls.

What do the experienced bros here think?

WHITEDUDE
02-11-2014, 11:49 AM
Hey Greg bro, I read this thread properly this time lol. What is an ABC girls - you mean simple type?

Good_guy_Greg
02-11-2014, 01:25 PM
Hey Greg bro, I read this thread properly this time lol. What is an ABC girls - you mean simple type?

lol it means Australian Born Chinese...but in this question it can mean any Asian born here, or have lived here long enough to be considered born here...

khuntong
02-11-2014, 08:42 PM
I reckon ABC will behave the same like western girls, cos they have been living in Australia for a while thus they will get the influence... I've never dated any of them though, just my 2 cents...

Travelmate
02-11-2014, 08:48 PM
ABC girls quite easy in general ...lets go out first , and it does not really matter just hang out or a date.

Just spend time knowing each other more and have fun..... if she like you or you like her.... it will turn out become a date anyway.

No need to THINK and make things too complicated.

only my 2 cent

garfield
02-11-2014, 09:18 PM
This is a dating/relationship thread, NOT a WL/ML thread, so please try hard not to mix them together :cool2:

I know there are lots of experienced brothers here, and I am asking you to share your experience :)

When it comes to trying to date a girl, like pursuing, asking her out etc, do you find there is any difference between western girls, ABC girls, and fob (fresh off the boat) girls? For arguments sake, let's say someone is ABC if they have an Australian accent, and someone is fob if their English ain't that great.

I personally find that advice given from my friends is that with western girls, you meet them once or twice and ask them out on a DATE. Like, you have to be pretty specific that it is a DATE. If you don't be specific, they think you just want to be friends.

With fob girls, I think you have to be friends first, for a longer time, before they will even consider going out with you one on one. But when you do ask them out, they know it is a date, even if you are not specific that it is a date, as long as it is one on one. And also, there is no equality here - you pay for everything and if she likes you she will put out.

I don't know about ABC girls.

What do the experienced bros here think?

I think what you said is correct for Fobs.

Good_guy_Greg
02-11-2014, 10:06 PM
I reckon ABC will behave the same like western girls, cos they have been living in Australia for a while thus they will get the influence... I've never dated any of them though, just my 2 cents...

I thought so too, but then thought ABC usually grow up in Asian culture family, so maybe different, I dono...

garfield
02-11-2014, 10:20 PM
I thought so too, but then thought ABC usually grow up in Asian culture family, so maybe different, I dono...

Don't think too much. If girls like you, they will find a way to go out with you.

Travelmate
03-11-2014, 12:45 AM

Take it easy ..... go coffee, movie, clubbing, or drive-in theratre ... there is one in Blacktown and one in Bass Hill......

lots of fun there...just by watching the car next to you ,,

dohdoe
03-11-2014, 01:53 AM
With fob girls, I think you have to be friends first, for a longer time, before they will even consider going out with you one on one.

Why would 'fob' girls be any different to normal girls?
Your argument doesn't make any sense. If you take your own advice it's a good way to be friend zoned and to send mixed signals.

Like any girl anywhere in the world you'll need to take them out on dates to get to know them better. Once you've gone out a few times you can both gauge whether or not to proceed.

Don't over think. :)

harmony
03-11-2014, 08:38 AM
The nationality isnt as important as her interest and your dating ability

"Don't think too much. If girls like you, they will find a way to go out with you."
So true

The major challenge with any lady in the dating sense is to not be friendzoned, regardless of the nationality

"Girls and guys can't be close friends. You are either her bf or just an acquaintance"

https://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20120517063501AAiesXKhttps://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20120517063501AAiesXK

Mr Crash and Burn
03-11-2014, 06:28 PM
Take it easy ..... go coffee, movie, clubbing, or drive-in theratre ... there is one in Blacktown and one in Bass Hill......

lots of fun there...just by watching the car next to you ,,

Oh Bro Travelmate....its easy to see that your travelling hasn't been to the Bass Hill area lately.....it closed in 2007!!!

The Fonz
04-11-2014, 12:14 AM
Big tip, saw this happen a couple of times, don't entertain relationships with Asian girls who have been brought up in a environment overseas where they had maids to do all the work.
You will become the Australia maid and you will do all the work (shopping, difficult cleaning, driving around etc).

CunningLinguist
04-11-2014, 07:44 AM
Big tip, saw this happen a couple of times, don't entertain relationships with Asian girls who have been brought up in a environment overseas where they had maids to do all the work.
You will become the Australia maid and you will do all the work (shopping, difficult cleaning, driving around etc).

Some/alot/most/all? maids in asian countries are treated like shit ...