PDA

View Full Version : Shop info G20

Rodgersodger
03-11-2014, 10:42 AM
Was thinking to trying and get to couple massage shops in west end and cit over the next few weeks , but might have to try and fit them all in before g20 as I think will be neat impossible to get to a few of them while g20 is on

popeye96
03-11-2014, 10:55 AM
The couple of popular ones in west end will still be easily accessible during G20, as they are far enough from the exclusion area. Not sure about locations of city shops, so can't comment on them. The question is would you visit one with the potential of being seen, stopped and/or questioned by one of the hundreds of uniformed and plain clothes local and federal police that are roaming the area. Not that they would do anything about it at the moment. Unless you visit on one of the 4 days from Thursday next week, I doubt it would be an issue for you.

RottenLittlePunt
03-11-2014, 11:03 AM
I can't see any shops that will be seriously affected. The declared zone won't have barriers, but may have some road closures while dignitaries are in transit or if there are protests.

The West End shops that I know of aren't even in the declared zone.

But if you are worried, it might be a good chance to use the day off for a trip to the GC. I think the cops would be leaving these places alone over the long weekend as I doubt the government wants our sex industry on the news while the world is watching.

Rodgersodger
03-11-2014, 11:04 AM
Yeah no way will try to get to city shops but even west end looks like could be nightmare with streets closed and thought I saw browning st closed on g20 site. Might be wrong but think I better do I run around these shops this week before all the shit starts

popeye96
03-11-2014, 11:08 AM
https://www.g20.org/community_information/brisbane_locals/traffic_and_transport

Scroll down the page a bit to the 'Roads' heading and you can bring up a PDF of all road closures from the Thursday night.

RottenLittlePunt
03-11-2014, 11:16 AM
Yeah no way will try to get to city shops but even west end looks like could be nightmare with streets closed and thought I saw browning st closed on g20 site. Might be wrong but think I better do I run around these shops this week before all the shit starts

Browning St is the detour route so no it won't be closed, but it will probably be busier with all the traffic being pushed that way.

https://www.g20.org/community_information/brisbane_locals/traffic_and_transport/south_brisbane

Rodgersodger
03-11-2014, 12:08 PM
Thanks for the info guys.. Will see closer to the time what the area is like with traffic wise