PDA

View Full Version : Shop info The power of competition

MrGrumpy
15-11-2014, 04:43 PM
Is it just me or is there a spike in the number of new msg shops opening up??

Eg. Holland Park, The Gabba, Wilston & Grange to name a few just in the last few weeks......

There seems to be a 'wave' of new stores which are much better than the run-down, grubby regulars which have had it too good for too long.

Have found the best to be not quite legit and not blatant rnt joints like Groanham St.

If the older shops don't smarten up their act and also run specials from time to time, I think they will get pushed out.

Specials on this long week-end for as low as $45/Hr !!!!

Taffpost
17-11-2014, 01:37 PM
I have noted the same. To me it is not a good thing.

I like my massages. I don't care if it costs my $80 in total or $100 in total. All I care about is releasing knots and hopefully being made happy by a great looking young girl.

What we need to understand though is that it is, for all intents and purpose illegal and the more shops, the more visible it is.

As much as the cops may turn a blind eye to one or too shops, if there is one on every corner, they are going to come down harder faster than a ML hungry for a tip.

BrainSex
17-11-2014, 03:03 PM
As much as the cops may turn a blind eye to one or too shops, if there is one on every corner, they are going to come down harder faster than a ML hungry for a tip.
Which is why the same obvious shops have been running for four-five years. I just don't think it is a priority for them.

RottenLittlePunt
17-11-2014, 03:31 PM
Which is why the same obvious shops have been running for four-five years. I just don't think it is a priority for them.

The police aren't the main concern, it's the media and politicians that will determine police priorities.
The media is regularly running articles about massage shops, last week there was one about the boom of brothels. All it takes is once such article to catch the interest of a politician and all of a sudden the police will be given the mandate to act (similar to Campbell Newman's war on bikies and as a result raids on the GC shops).

The writing is on the wall. Apparently the laws change in 2014/15 with each shop required to employ at least 1 staff member who has a certificate in massage. This can be further seen with advertisers refusing to list shops that do not comply with the new law. This gives police another avenue to investigate a shop without having to prove they are providing illegal services.

Rodgersodger
18-11-2014, 05:31 AM
Already happening!! I was at a fairly well know shop 2 weeks ago just as I was paying 2 plain cloth police came in , the spoke to owner and said they are from licensing and wanted to check shop as they will be checking all shops. I was asked to leave and come back later so I said no problem. When I returned police had gone and I asked my massage girl what happened she said they wanted to check all id passports , how shop accounts for money make sure no locks on room doors , staff diplomas in massage if any , looked through there work mobile for any hint of any thing suspect. At the end girl said they were very happy at the place and left .

oilman
18-11-2014, 09:15 AM
If theres to many & it becomes a problem the cops will just open a few clip joints, that will stop the punters & point them in the direction of legal brothels.

brownwallaby
18-11-2014, 09:43 AM
If theres to many & it becomes a problem the cops will just open a few clip joints, that will stop the punters & point them in the direction of legal brothels.

I agree with you, Cloud9

Digger
18-11-2014, 10:38 AM
All that training for G20 should not be wasted!!

jaccky
18-11-2014, 10:42 AM
I was talking to certain government workers 2 weeks ago ,and all I can say is careful gentleman!! Remember 2012 around August QJ was raided Albion, kedron , Newmarket,12 girl charged and one Aspley man, one girl was sent home. These shops still operate under different names, but it's well over due for shops to be raided. That's why I've only been twice to shops in the last few weeks, sticking to private ML's for awhile.

Don't they need verbal evidence of solicitation when charging someone with engaging in prostitution? How did they charge this man? did they burst in the room just as he was blowing into the ML's hand or something.

RottenLittlePunt
18-11-2014, 11:04 AM
Don't they need verbal evidence of solicitation when charging someone with engaging in prostitution? How did they charge this man? did they burst in the room just as he was blowing into the ML's hand or something.

No, the Criminal Code only refers to "precuring engagement in prostitution"

229G Procuring engagement in prostitution
(1) A person who—
(a) procures another person to engage in prostitution, either
in Queensland or elsewhere; or
(b) procures another person—

jaccky
18-11-2014, 11:22 AM
No, the Criminal Code only refers to "precuring engagement in prostitution"

229G Procuring engagement in prostitution
(1) A person who—
(a) procures another person to engage in prostitution, either
in Queensland or elsewhere; or
(b) procures another person—

ok thanks for taking the trouble to give me that information. But I was wondering more about the legal scenario. How did the law know what was going on behind these closed doors? The love birds in the room must have been extremely unlucky.

RottenLittlePunt
18-11-2014, 11:36 AM
Not really unlucky, the police have the edge. In most instances we are talking about young girls from another country so they don't know how the system works here, naive about this sort of thing and often scared of the police based on what happens in their home country. I doubt the shops ever give these girls any support after a raid so they would quite often panic. When being threatened with jail/deportation I expect most MLs would cooperate with the police and provide evidence.

The guy probably took a plea and admitted to it.

punterspunter
18-11-2014, 01:01 PM
I was talking to certain government workers 2 weeks ago ,and all I can say is careful gentleman!! Remember 2012 around August QJ was raided Albion, kedron , Newmarket,12 girl charged and one Aspley man, one girl was sent home. These shops still operate under different names, but it's well over due for shops to be raided. That's why I've only been twice to shops in the last few weeks, sticking to private ML's for awhile.

Those shops were raided for tax fraud reasons. Not for giving extras

RottenLittlePunt
18-11-2014, 01:38 PM
Those shops were raided for tax fraud reasons. Not for giving extras

"Detectives from the State Crime Operation Command's Prostitution Enforcement Task Force raided three buildings in Kedron, Newmarket and Albion and a home in Murrumba Downs on June 14 as part of their investigation, known as Operation Ice Trojan."

popeye96
18-11-2014, 06:27 PM
Already happening!! I was at a fairly well know shop 2 weeks ago just as I was paying 2 plain cloth police came in , the spoke to owner and said they are from licensing and wanted to check shop as they will be checking all shops. I was asked to leave and come back later so I said no problem. When I returned police had gone and I asked my massage girl what happened she said they wanted to check all id passports , how shop accounts for money make sure no locks on room doors , staff diplomas in massage if any , looked through there work mobile for any hint of any thing suspect. At the end girl said they were very happy at the place and left .
Funnily enough, unless the police had a warrant, then the shop owner wouldn't be obliged to give them any of this information. The shop isn't a licensed establishment and therefor has no right to look through someones books or mobile phone without a warrant. They obviously like the idea of using heavy handed scare tactics to get their way.

memememe
18-11-2014, 08:21 PM
The charge for the QJ punter was "being at an in licence place of prostitution"

Yes just being there is an ioffence!

May as well have some fun and make it worthwhile

Gentleman
18-11-2014, 10:59 PM
Wasn't the charge against the QJ punter dismissed? Didn't the owner also get off because the girls were sub-contractors not employees and the owner didn't know what they were doing?

butyl
19-11-2014, 06:10 AM
ok thanks for taking the trouble to give me that information. But I was wondering more about the legal scenario. How did the law know what was going on behind these closed doors? The love birds in the room must have been extremely unlucky.

According to the law it doesn't matter. They don't have to catch you in the act only on the premises

Again from the Criminal Code
229I Persons found in places reasonably suspected of being
used for prostitution etc.
(1) A person who, without reasonable excuse, is found in, or
leaving after having been in, a place suspected on reasonable
grounds of being used for the purposes of prostitution by 2 or
more prostitutes commits a crime.
Maximum penalty—
(a) for a first offence—imprisonment for 3 years; or
(b) for a second offence—imprisonment for 5 years; or
(c) for a third or subsequent offence—imprisonment for 7
years.

MrGrumpy
19-11-2014, 12:06 PM
Operation "Ice Trojan" is a strange name for a prostitution campaign!! Sounds like it is for drugs.

A couple of more appropriate suggestions. :)

Asian Action
Eastern Tugboat
Awesome Extras
Healthy Handful
Erotic Eruption

:-/

RottenLittlePunt
19-11-2014, 12:34 PM
Operation "Ice Trojan" is a strange name for a prostitution campaign!! Sounds like it is for drugs.

A couple of more appropriate suggestions. :)

Asian Action
Eastern Tugboat
Awesome Extras
Healthy Handful
Erotic Eruption

:-/

Actually I thought the article was full of ironic puns.

Operation Ice Trojan (frozen condom) for a vice raid
A girl named Wang (penis) was deported for illegal prostitution

jaccky
19-11-2014, 01:29 PM
According to the law it doesn't matter. They don't have to catch you in the act only on the premises

Again from the Criminal Code
229I Persons found in places reasonably suspected of being
used for prostitution etc.
(1) A person who, without reasonable excuse, is found in, or
leaving after having been in, a place suspected on reasonable
grounds of being used for the purposes of prostitution by 2 or
more prostitutes commits a crime.
Maximum penalty—
(a) for a first offence—imprisonment for 3 years; or
(b) for a second offence—imprisonment for 5 years; or
(c) for a third or subsequent offence—imprisonment for 7
years.
prostitution? What's that? I only ever go to the massage shop to get massages for my back like the rest of us!

ecchi.gaijin
15-12-2014, 12:41 PM
I was in Sydney for the weekend and found myself with a free hour, so on the hunt for a massage I went. If you think there are a lot of shops in Brisbane then fuck me dead you should see Sydney. In the CBD there is AT LEAST 1 massage shop on virtually every block. This is probably why the advertised prices are on average under $50/hour.

There was one place mentioned on the Sydney forum which sounded interesting (Japanese and Korean girls) but was a little far away for the time I had so just tried the first shop I saw that looked promising. Ended up getting a Thai girl (almost every shops advertises as Thai Massage). Massage and "accidental" contact were superb, only one girl I know of up here that comes close to being that good. But the finish was just standard, which surprised me given the hype I had heard about Sydney. Perhaps I was just unlucky or didn't ask the right questions. Either way it was still a successful outing.

PS A bit of a funny story while I was there, will post on another thread.